General BattleZone Discussion

JGlass

Unregistered User
Hello everyone, and welcome to the 3rd edition of The BattleZone Tournament! This year promises to be just as exciting as ever as your favorite characters from comics, TV, movies, literature, video games, and history are set to face off against each other in a fight to determine who walks home with the prestigious title of BattleZone Champion!

Use this thread for general discussion regarding the tournament, including what match ups you're looking forward to, any arguments you found particularly interesting, or anything that doesn't fit into the other threads.

Will be checking this out. Not posting this time though, unless something just as stupid as Kirby beating Goku happens again.

Sentinel vs Hulk is the match I'm looking forward to the most. Juggernaut vs Cole McGrath also has my attention.

There's nothing that I'm too interested in over on the Human side of things.

I am confused about why some people got placed in the supers bracket and not with the humans though.

Achilles vs He Man is the only supers match I'm interested in. Potter vs Psylocke would be interesting if I understood Psylocke better, but other than those two, they're rape waiting to happen.

On the human side, there are many more matchups I can get behind. Joker vs Buffy should be interesting, as Bats > Buffy in skills, but Buffy's borderline super. Samus vs Shepherd is also interesting. And I am going to be 100% behind Mario, if for no other reason than fuck Batman.

Marston vs. Bond is going to be a lot of fun. License to kill vs. kills whether licensed or not. Some great stuff.

Van Helsing vs. Astoroth is an awesome match too. Helsing spends all his time hunting vampires and beasts, and Astoroth is certainly the type of creature one would call in Van Helsing to hunt.

Sheppard vs. Samus has my eye. I think if Sheppard can get past Samus then he can make it very far in the humans bracket... but Samus is no slouch.

On the super side of things, I like Kratos vs. Dovahkiin and M. Bison vs. Shao Khan. With Kratos and Dovahkiin you have to warriors that use swords and magic to do some insane things, and with Bison and Khan you have the two ultimate fighting game bosses going toe to toe. What's not to love?

I could see Boba Fett vs Bugs Bunny being an upset even though Bugs relies solely on outsmarting Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck and on occasion Wile E Coyote - all of whom are idiots. Boba Fett on the other hand is immensely smart, tactically and strategically astute, armed to the teeth, utterly ruthless when he needs to be and hard as nails to boot - he survived being eaten by the Saarlaac (twice depending on which canon you go by)

Kratos vs Dovahkiin - an interesting match up here between two quite similar characters; both caught somewhat in the middle of a conflict (Olympians/Titans and Imperial/Thalmor/Stormcloak) and both receiving aide from powerful beings (Olympians/Titans and Daedra)

M. Bison vs. Shao Khan - this just looks good as clash between the "big bads" of two of the more important beat'em ups; I suppose you could say that Akuma might be there instead of Bison but still it could be fun.

Барбоса;4106283 said:
I could see Boba Fett vs Bugs Bunny being an upset even though Bugs relies solely on outsmarting Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck and on occasion Wile E Coyote - all of whom are idiots. Boba Fett on the other hand is immensely smart, tactically and strategically astute, armed to the teeth, utterly ruthless when he needs to be and hard as nails to boot - he survived being eaten by the Saarlaac (twice depending on which canon you go by)

Kratos vs Dovahkiin - an interesting match up here between two quite similar characters; both caught somewhat in the middle of a conflict (Olympians/Titans and Imperial/Thalmor/Stormcloak) and both receiving aide from powerful beings (Olympians/Titans and Daedra)

M. Bison vs. Shao Khan - this just looks good as clash between the "big bads" of two of the more important beat'em ups; I suppose you could say that Akuma might be there instead of Bison but still it could be fun.

On the other hand, Boba Fett was a terrible Bounty Hunter who only managed to suceed once in the official canon, and even then he needed the assistance of Darth Vader to bring Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt. Bugs vs Boba Fett should be a VERY interesting battle, if only for the moment when someone argues Bugs would just stick his finger into the barrel of a laser.

:(

Cole doesn't stand a chance against Juggernaut. I've been reading up on lore and his prior battles, and Juggernaut is just too powerful. There's not a single thing Cole - even full bad karma in The Beast mode - has that could penetrate Juggernaut's force field, and subsequently his armor. I thought maybe he could overload him with electricity, but Juggernaut once took every move in Thor's arsenal, including one that defeated Galactus, and shook it off like it was no big deal. If I remember correctly, the only way Thor was able to "win" that fight was by catching him with Mjolnir and launching him into space.

Cole doesn't have Hulk's size or strength, the godlike abilities of Thor, and he's not a telepath; even if he was he couldn't get through the powers of the gem. I'll keep looking, but I don't think Cole has ever really displayed any ability or trick that could help him incapacitate Juggernaut for long enough to win.

On the other hand, Boba Fett was a terrible Bounty Hunter who only managed to suceed once in the official canon, and even then he needed the assistance of Darth Vader to bring Han Solo to Jabba the Hutt.

A terrible bounty hunter? He had two bounties in the original trilogy - one from Vader to find the Millennium Falcon and one from Jabba the Hutt to bring Han Solo to him. He succeeds at both.

And most of the EU, where Boba Fett first makes his reputation as the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy in the inter-trilogy period and then enhances it further afterward, is canon.

That sounds to me like Juggernaut when he's just received a fresh dose of M'kran juice or something of the sort. Juggernaut is plenty strong, but on a normal day he's no more unbeatable than any other top tier Marvel hero/villain. I don't think Cole wins, but he has more of a chance than you're giving him.

Cole doesn't stand a chance against Juggernaut. I've been reading up on lore and his prior battles, and Juggernaut is just too powerful. There's not a single thing Cole - even full bad karma in The Beast mode - has that could penetrate Juggernaut's force field, and subsequently his armor. I thought maybe he could overload him with electricity, but Juggernaut once took every move in Thor's arsenal, including one that defeated Galactus, and shook it off like it was no big deal. If I remember correctly, the only way Thor was able to "win" that fight was by catching him with Mjolnir and launching him into space.

Cole doesn't have Hulk's size or strength, the godlike abilities of Thor, and he's not a telepath; even if he was he couldn't get through the powers of the gem. I'll keep looking, but I don't think Cole has ever really displayed any ability or trick that could help him incapacitate Juggernaut for long enough to win.

He's unstoppable as long as he's moving. Sounds like he's the sort of guy that'll be tough to beat.

Haha your pick sucks Killam.

I wrote up Cole's bio and I went with the cannon story of him having good Karma. I'm sure you could still use bad Karma moves in your argument but they aren't listed in his bio. He had a pretty impressive list of powers though and it should be a good fight.

That said if one of the guys I plan on backing comes up against Cole I do have a trump card.

Барбоса;4106325 said:
A terrible bounty hunter? He had two bounties in the original trilogy - one from Vader to find the Millennium Falcon and one from Jabba the Hutt to bring Han Solo to him. He succeeds at both.

And most of the EU, where Boba Fett first makes his reputation as the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy in the inter-trilogy period and then enhances it further afterward, is canon.

I went to wookiepedia, the number of escapes Boba Fett has through sheer chance is unbelievable. Is he smart? Undoubtedly. But if he is the "best Bounty Hunter in the galaxy" he's got there more by luck than anything else. I can see your argument but the more I read about Boba Fett the more I see things like "luckily" or "Boba was saved by..." I think Boba Fett is awesome, but his luck is as much a factor as his skill. Then again what's the phrase? I'd rather be lucky than good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back