General BattleZone Discussion

What they said. I am really close to voting for Link now, since your entire argument for Arthur is that the fanboys are voting for Link. Your last post in that thread completely undid the very good post Gelg made in favor of Arthur.

True story- I went into that match leaning toward Link, then read Gelgarin's arguments for Arthur, I then decided o vote for Arthur, no less than 5 mins. later Cashin makes his idiotic fanboy comment in that thread, & I was wishing I could change my fucking vote. If I'm one the fence going into a match, it just takes one really stupid comment to decide my vote. If you want your guys to win then take a few mins. & put together a GOOD argument in favor of them, instead of posting some stupid shit like "fanboy contest" or "bunch of sexist", etc.

I love Kenshiro and obviously am arguing for and voting for him, but the Kirby supporters are bringing up great, great points.

Yes, in this tournament, there WILL be pure fanboy/popularity votes. But if you don't like that, try arguing for your guy. I argued for Knuckles, Faust, Kenshiro, and a few more of my personal faves, and I got people to vote for them. If they lose, I will take it graciously and look to the next round.

This is a tournament about fun and debate. Don't throw a tantrum if your boys are losing. Instead, fight for them using logic and explaining why they're so awesome and how they would succeed in the scenario they are put in.

Барбоса;4114013 said:
A fanboy contest?

You do realise that Kirby took out Goku last year? The same Goku who, as the main character of one of the more popular anime series, would probably bring more "fanboy" votes than anyone else.

If Kirby can beat the darling of the DBZ Universe, he would have Kenshiro for breakfast.

I wasn't gonna bring it up, but it's a very good point.

Anything like this or the WZT is a pop-contest at heart. You can force people to hammer out arguments and such, but the majority will likely vote their favorite up. I'm sure everyone here has one match they voted on because of that, and they also have one match where they wish people weren't just doing that (see also: Justin may knock on Doug bitching now, but what was that you were saying about Flash/Spidey before?).

Get a little mad, people. Get inspired to write up a good argument or rebuttal. But also get a grip on yourselves and pull away for a day or so if you find yourself getting entirely too worked up over this. At the end of the day, this isn't for science...it's for fun.

I just wanted to post a list of matches that are close (<5 votes) going into the final day of voting. If you haven't voted and want to make a difference, get in these threads!

Knuckles vs. Luke Cage
Flash vs. Spider-Man
Captain America vs. Storm
Achilles vs. He-Man
The Joker vs. Buffy
Vega vs. The Doctor
Spike Spiegel vs. Miho

Assuming the brackets were set up to mean the pairs grouped next to each other will lead into the next round, Round 2 of the tournament should look like this:

SUPERS

Psylocke vs. Deadpool
Dr. Doom vs. Goku

Kirby vs. Hulk
The Thing vs. Achilles

Juggernaut vs. [Luke Cage vs. Knuckles]
Storm vs. Darth Vader

Wolverine vs. Kratos
Shao Khan vs. [Flash vs. Spider-Man]

HUMANS

Miho vs. [Joker vs. Buffy]
Mega Man vs. Samus

Link vs. Robocop
Jason vs. Afro Samurai

Van Helsing vs. [Vega vs. The Doctor]
The Punisher vs. Nick Fury

Batman vs. James Bond
Bugs Bunny vs. Iron Man

I'm predicting Afro Samurai vs. Iron Man, and Hulk vs. Juggernaut in the final rounds. Unless Goku beats Hulk, that'd be the only exception. Storm vs. Vader has to be the easiest (think about how Vader died), and I'd say the impending Batman vs. Iron Man fight might just break apart the forum.

You'd think Storm would go over Darth Vader no problem, but she lost to him in the first round of last year's BattleZone Tournament. Let's hope people can see the obvious this year.

You'd think Storm would go over Darth Vader no problem, but she lost to him in the first round of last year's BattleZone Tournament. Let's hope people can see the obvious this year.

The argument last time really came down to how quickly Storm could manipulate the weather vs how quickly Vader can use the Force.

To my mind, one is more rapid than the other.

As for predictions, the top half of the Supers should see either Hulk or Goku prevail (what a semi-final that would be). The bottom half with Vader being Vader, I think he had enough support to take out Storm again and to defeat Juggernaut in a similar way to how he took out Hulk last year. However, I think there are three in the other bracket that could cause him real trouble - Spidey's spider senses, Flash's raw speed and Kratos' demi-god status.

As for the Human section, I think there are numerous possibilities with Bugs Bunny being the real unpredictable element. Sense sort of goes out the window with him and if he can beat Boba Fett, who combines the skills, technology and ruthlessness of Batman, Bond and Iron Man, then he can beat each of them individually. If it comes down to sheer ruthlessness, I think the Punisher could emerge from his bracket and then lose to Bugs. In the final, I think he would meet either the winner of Buffy/Joker or reigning champion Link.

I already made my point and cast my vote for Nick Fury, but I disagee with FitFinlay's assesment. Nick Fury was a special ops type of guy in WW2. Castle refused to fight Captain America because he was an icon and an ideal. He refused to defend himself against Captain America because of what he represented. Nick Fury doesn't represent that same ideal.

So, we've reached the finals. Though, they seem to be less intriguing then the semis.

Also, Goku is a Saiyan (or Saiyajin), not Sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back