Greatest Feud That Never Happened?

Jacarr

Occasional Pre-Show
Just reading through the Greatest feud ever thread, and couldnt help but think... if this has been done before im sorry..

The Rock vs Randy Orton

looks so good one paper and such a perfect feud it would have been, they started it off but went nowhere with it, only the tag matches with evolution, wish i could find the promo about the rock and randy when they were kids in the locker room with bob orton and randys pony and ahh just hilarious stuff, i do believe that would of been one of the greatest feuds ever, rock interupted orton so man times and it was looking like they were setting up a feud between the two for a summerslam one year, would of loved to see the rock bottom reversed into an RKO ;) anyways, what are your thoughts

Steve Austin vs Goldberg
Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan
The Rock vs Shawn Michaels

Them 3 for me were all possible (apart from Austin/Goldberg) but never happened. In all honesty WWE probably wanted to explore them avenues but I think egos took over. Ive heard The Rock state he never wanted to work with Shawn Michaels, I've also heard Austin state he would never work with Hulk Hogan for the same reasons. I think Austin had retired by the time Goldberg came to WWE (just) and I think that was probably the most likeley. Would of been interesting to see who went over in that one given they are very good friends and both have huge legacys...

For me definatly Rock Vs Michaels. I can remember smackdown when Michaels refereed Rock vs Triple H from 1999 or 2000 and Michaels screwed the Rock thats when I thought that would be a great feud because the promos would be awsome and the in ring skill of both performers would be just as great.

Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels.

They've had one match against each other in 08 or 09, but before he left in 2003 they had some perfected momentum going for Jeff and HBK as a tag team, and Shawn was acting as an advisor. It would have propelled Jeff far sooner than anyone would've thought. Though I realize it was mostly Jeff's fault for having to leave.

The Rock vs Shawn Michaels

Ive heard The Rock state he never wanted to work with Shawn Michaels,

Well let's get the story to this one correct. The Rock wanted to work a program with Michaels before Michaels had hurt his back and retired for several years. Michaels said The Rock wasn't in his league and it would never happen (this was a different time for Michaels when he was still a giant egotistical douche bag in the locker room). Fast forward five years and the Rock is now the biggest superstar in the WWE. Michaels wants to work a program with the Rock. The Rock returned the favor that Michaels had done for him five years previously and said NO!

Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan

I've also heard Austin state he would never work with Hulk Hogan for the same reasons.

This one is also the other way around. Austin has been willing in the past to work a storyline with Hogan. It was Hogan who had always refused this match-up. Why? Well unless you lived under a rock during the 90's/Attitude Era or are to young to remember or to new of a fan to know. Austin had pretty much surpassed Hogan in every single way. Hogan knew if this match-up were to of ever take place, he would of most like had to do the job to Austin and well Hogan rarely likes putting anyone over. I'm still amazed that he was willing to put over the Rock, but I think that might of had to do with him wanting to work on the grandest stage of them all again and didn't care what he had to do at that point, because there was no one else offering him a job or well to be fair there was no one else willing to pay the kind of money he still wanted earlier this decade.

seems ive forgotten a few... yeah the Austin Hogan could have had the biggest draw ever.. one of the things that never happened in wrestling that should of.. and probably never will. Vince should just pay them 5 million $$ each to have one match at mania and they would make it back so easily

A real Hogan vs Flair main event in 91 or 92 when Flair was 'real world's champion' and Hogan was WWF Champion when both were still sort of in their prime would have been good and WWF for whatever reason political or otherwise missed the boat with that one.

I know it got done when they were both past it, but it just didn't have the meaning it would have when Flair left WCW and took the belt with him. That would have been a colossal Wrestlemania VIII main event.

what about jeff hardy vs triple H it started out when jeff started getting big then it started again and they had good matchs on smackdown and i liked edge vs cena that was amazing and there was randy vs triple h those were good ones

well i dont know if fantasy booking is an option but if so id love to have seen stone cold vs cm punk.just imagine the promos and the in ring action would have been great too.a beer drinking brawler vs a straight edge messiah.how hard is that to mess.

austin vs hogan has been mentioned.id also like to add austin vs brock lesnar.they were scheduled to feud in 2002 when austin left the company.the few interactions they had during the lesnar/goldberg feud were nice

Before Steve Austin quit (the first time, when he didn't want to lay down for Brock) they were in the beginning phases of a Stone Cold/Eddie Guerrerro feud... I think that would have been awesome

The most major feud that i always wanted but nevor got was Bret Hart/ Hulk Hogan. The seeds were planted and i believe they were supposed to fight at summserslam after bret lost the belt to yoko. This could have been a great feud between 2 of the greats.

Maybe it happened?

Jericho vs Bret Hart.

I'm not going to go as big as Rock vs Shawn here as I only see that as being a huge main event feel with little to no plot unless creative cooked something up.

You would not have to cook alot up in this fued and that's the beauty of it. I mark out for any fued that has actual backround history.
If memory serves me they had a similar fued between Owen and Bret and it was enjoyable and very memorable. The old who is the better student of the Hart family dungeon. If it happened than both of them would have been in their prime and would have had very mat based amazeing matches.
Jericho as the heel claiming that not only is he better than Bret ever is,ever was,or ever will be because he is the best in the world at what he does.
Calling his walls of Jericho a better hold than anything he could have learned in that pathetic Hart family dungeon.

I could see a huge main event finish at WM also. A Hart family dungeon,Ultimate submission match. 30 minutes of mat based submission wrestling honoring the Hart family and pitting the son vs the student,the Walls vs the Sharp Shooter. I'd have seen Bret comming out on top tho.

Triple H vs Brock Lesner wouldve been awesome and I was actually expecting it.Brock took out all the top guys The Rock,Hogan,The Undertaker so I figured Triple H was up next but WWE brought back the WCW title and shot that idea in the head. personally felt WWE management was protecting Triple H from Lesner because Brock was bulldozing guys and Triple H wouldve had to put him over.Triple H was getting over guys like Stiener and Goldberg at the time but I dont think WWE wouldve been able to put him over Brock but we'll never know.

The Rock vs Bret Hart.

now i dont know how accurate i am with this, so bear with me, but back when the Hart foundation was feuding with both DX and the NoD, i think it would have set up a great match between these 2. at the time Bret wasnt the horrible promo cutting shell of a man he is now, and the rock was a great up and coming star.

for a fantasy one?

Undertaker and his Ministry vs CM Punk and his SES

2 Factions, with similar ideals, both claim to be the savior, and both are 2 of my favorite groups in WWE history. The promo's they could have cut about each other.. Oh my.

Undertaker vs Sting. Simple it would be on of the greatest feuds but as we all know sting did not sign with the wwe but the feud i could se would lead up to wrestlemania withe taker reigning supreme barely though

This fued sort of happened but I wish they had waited to get the bigger names involved. The invasion angle with all the top names from each company. The idea of Austin, Rock, HHH, HBK and Taker vs Hogan, Flair, Goldberg, Sting (Probably wouldn't have gone to WWE anyway) and Nash/Luger/Steiner. That would have been absolute perfection for me as a wrestling fan.

I agree with rattlesnake4eva. My fantasy match is Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk. The beer drinking redneck vs. the straightedge messaih. They would have excellent promos and matches. The story would even be Wrestlemania worthy, or atleast Summerslam.

Another great fued would be Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin. Austin vs. Hogan is probably a very common fantasy match, but it would be great to see.

Sting vs. Shawn Micheals would be something to see. It could have been one of the greatest fueds of all time.

I agree with "patriotjay" about Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar. A common fantasy match and it was so close to happening. If you remember the night after SummerSlam 2002 on Raw, new champ Lesnar was face to face with the Game, but the confrontation was broken up by Undertaker. And I heard a rumor once that the original plan for Wrestlemania 21 was HHH vs. Brock.

How bout Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho? Yes, they had a couple of matches on Raws/SDowns since Jericho's 2008 return. But I don't recall a full-blown feud between them. In fact I don't believe Jeff and Chris have ever met one-on-one at a ppv!

And Edge and Randy Orton have never had a serious feud with each other. It's always some half-assed feud such as the one from earlier this year. Or that small feud after RATED RKO split up, which culminated in a lackluster match on Raw that Edge won. Can you just image Edge vs. Orton in a TLC match for the WWE title? It would be amazing!

To me there are 2 feuds i would die to see them happening.

HBK vs. Rock : It's a shame that HBK's first run ended the same time that Rock's era began and HBK's second run started when Rock's career was almost over.Damn this shit could blew minds.Just imagine the electricity this match could have.HBK can work a five star match with whoever he faces and Rock can have a great feud with everyone.

DX vs. Outsiders : By DX I mean only HBK & HHH.4 members of clique could make history.They were all best-friends and had great chemistry together.We could have a lot of great matches , a lot of funny segments and a truck of brilliant promos.Such a shame it never happened.

Im going to old school and say hbk vs Rick Rude i mean think about the proms that could have come from this fued hbk as a face and rude as a heel their matches would have been classic and would still be talked about to this day.

How bout Jeff Hardy vs. Chris Jericho? Yes, they had a couple of matches on Raws/SDowns since Jericho's 2008 return. But I don't recall a full-blown feud between them. In fact I don't believe Jeff and Chris have ever met one-on-one at a ppv!

No Way Out 2003 they had an EPIC match that sadly Jeff lost, but man it stole the show for me. Granted the top 3 matches were (SHIT!) crap. And that was the cap off to a feud between Y2J/Christian and Jeff Hardy/HBK. I do see your point, as every single match was amazing between them(as so with anyone else Jeff had a match with from his rise to the top that started with the HHH & Jeff beating out all opponents after their teammates were taken out in S.Series '07), and given that Jericho is one of the best workers in the business, especially in telling stories, their matches would have fueled Jeff's rise to the top more prominently.

Chris Jericho vs The Undertaker:
These two have never interacted with one another in a feud and only this year did they even have their first singles match with one another. Jerichos current persona against the Undertaker would be a great feud and his Y2J persona against the American Badass would have been money during the late attitude era. This is one top feud that I am sad we never fully got to see....yet

Brock vs Triple H, I dont even think i have to state a reason for this match, they were only in the same ring one time ever in a triple threat match with The Rock, and Rock won, Brock vs Triple H would have been a great main event match at Wrestlemania 19 or 20, butTriple H hatin ass didnt want to face Brock, jus like he didnt want to face Goldberg....

For me it has to be
Brock vs HBK
WE all know how well HBK works with big guys, and Brock was a big guy with the speed of a cruiserweight.
This match could've easily headlined WrestleMania and the back n' forth bulidup would've been fantastic!!!

When there was a possibility back in 2007 (I think), when we were very close to getting a DX V nWo Fued, before they pulled the plug on getting the nWo back in. That would of been unreal IMO.

Kurt Angle V Ric Flair, and Shawn Michaels V Brock Lesnar would of made great Wrestlemania Matches and Fueds too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back