Greatest Feud That Never Happened?

Bill Lesnar leens Goldberg vs The undertaker at mania. The hype would have been huge, the arena would have been rocking and the atmosphere unreal. Bill Lesnar likes the idea of two legends, squaring off at the biggest stage of them all, Bill Lesnar feels Goldberg could have been the one too end takers streak, as he is the most believable with the streak and his reputation

I have quite a few of these and a lot of them were already mentioned, but the one I would have really loved to see would be the New World Order vs. D-Generation X. Look at these matches.

Hall and Pac vs. the New Age Outlaws
Nash vs. Triple H (Wolfpac vs. DX Army)
Hogan vs. Michaels (I know it was done, but if it was done a few years earlier, the match may have been better)
N. W. O.’s Ravishing Rick Rude (no beard) vs. DX’s Ravishing Rick Rude (with beard)
Denis Rodman vs. Mike Tyson

And then of course the feud could have turned into the Kliq vs. everyone else who was not in the Clique, similar to the outcome of the Ministry vs. the Corporation storyline.

Shawn Michaels vs The Rock
The Icon vs The Great One

These are two of my ALL TIME FAVORITE guys to ever lace up a pair of boots! Shawn Michaels is considered to some one of the greatest to ever step inside of a Wrestling Ring. And The Rock is considered to some the best there ever was! These two both could cut a promo any time of the week! They are both great inside the ring as well! The build up to this match would be AMAZING! In my eyes this match/feud would be bigger then ANYTHING that has ever been done before! They would steal the show no doubt and literally the roof would be blown away! I can only imagine what it would be like to see two of my favorites staring each other in the eye. I wouldn't know who to cheer for. A feud that EVERYBODY is dieing to see, but will never happen...

I'm going with Jeff Hardy vs Christian.

Everyone knows the story that supposedly Christian was to be the attacker back in late 08, early 09 but they changed it to Matt. If done right this would have been a huge fued making Christian main event material in a matter of weeks and making Jeff one of the company's top faces.

There are a couple that come to mind here. First, in terms of pure wrestling ability it would have been awesome to see Jericho vs Bret Hart. I realize that Jericho didn't really get to his prime until after Hart was forced to retire, but assuming that he never did, never had the stroke, etc. this could have been a technical masterpiece and just as good as Jericho vs Benoit.
The number one technical match that we'll never see would have been Hart vs Angle. These are arguably two of the greatest ever in terms of in-ring ability and they could have easily put on a clinic. Imagine a submission match between these two, would have been epic.
But far and away the feud that I always wanted to see was of course Sting vs Undertaker. This thing could have been great in the late 90s as both were in the top 3 or 5 biggest guys in their respective companies and had the dark gimmick. The promos and build would have been fantastic, and since both are so legendary I honestly don't know who would have been picked to win the feud, but it was something that I have wanted to see since Sting's original Crow gimmick debuted.

Im thinkin on a grand scale here.
How bout Wwe vs Tna. They could set it up like the alliance angle in 2001.

Also think that a Undertaker vs Sheamus or Taker vs Cena would be cool
Sum1 need to put sheamus in his place
(HHH is taking too long)

I think Taker and cena had a small feud back in 2003 which Taker beat cena at Vengance or Unforgiven.

Um wat if Taker faced nexus. ^^:)

Wow, I'm in shock that no-one has mentioned the most notorious feud that never resulted in an actual match (especially as several posters have named the two protagonists for other feuds).

Goldberg Versus Chris Jericho in WCW
The story is infamous, Jericho's promos baiting Goldy were comic gold and given the sterling work Jericho was doing in the ring at the time, it still irks me that Bill nixed the idea.

Others that I would have liked to have seen:

DDP Versus SCSA
If the E hadn't decimated Paige so early, a stunner versus cutter between two great workers would've been spectacular.

RVD Versus Shane O'Mac
Okay, bit left field but given that Shane loved to show his toughness (I still cringe at Kurt beating him through the glass). It would've been quite easy to set up too - Rob takes exception to Shane having stolen from his moveset.

Reactions: .
The Jeff Hardy and Christian feud that was changed to Jeff and Matt. I think the feud between Jeff and Matt was good but Matt didn't get to main event status after the feud so maybe Christian could of gotten to main event status after the feud. I say this because I want either Matt or Christian to win the World Title.

i think danielson vs angle it may not be as glamorous as hogan austin or hbk rock but would be a classic match. Both very good technical wrestlers and the way angle is performing this year would make an exciting match to boost it up a bit perhaps an ultimate submission match.

I think two good feuds would be;

Undertaker vs Eddie Guererro - I think Eddie Guererro challenging the Streak would have been very interesting. I think the storyline going into it should have been that Eddie Guererro is not scared of The Undertaker and even though he has beaten some of the best in the past he knows how to beat The Undertaker. And then the next following weeks Eddie Guererro wins his matches by his sneaky antics and cheating to win. Obviously Undertaker would have won, but it would have been interesting in the actual match to see if Eddie Guererro could've got away with his antics to beat The Undertaker.

CM Punk vs Eddie Guererro - If Stone Cold vs CM Punk could work I see no reason into why this wouldn't work. They could Incorporate some of Eddie Guererro's drug use and etc into the feud like they did with Jeff Hardy and the matches you can only imagine with Eddie Guererro's In-Ring Ability and CM Punk's they would have been on five star matches and told one hell of a story!

I just got these ideas because I was watching the Eddie Guererro DVD today and thought that I share them with you guys!

Well if we're talking about a fantasy feud..

Kurt Angle Vs Bret Hart Vs Mr.Perfect = Greatest Mat Technician Of All Time.

Can you imagine the 5 star matches these 3 would put if they were all in their prime? Plus both Perfect and Angle's mic work are great and Bret isn't so bad too.

Kurt is my all time favorite wrestler and the most talented wrestler of the Attitude Era. And Bret is the best technical wrestler of his time along with Hennig. So put them in a 3 way feud and you got 5 star classic matches.

Now CM Punk Vs Chris Benoit is the best feud that was going to happen.. but didn't. Benoit could have put over Punk in a great program. But we all know why that wasn't meant to be.

Cm punk/benoit never happened so it counts
A 3 way match wouldn't of worked with Hart/perfect/angle there not that type of wrestlers especially Hart n perfect there too old school

Mr. Perfect vs Bret Hart for the WWF Championship (grander stage, better rematch)
Mr. Perfect vs Owen Hart for the WWF Championship (grander stage, better rematch)
Mr. Perfect vs HBK for the WWF Championship (grander stage, better rematch)
Mr. Perfect vs Kurt Angle
Mr. Perfect vs Chris Benoit
Mr. Perfect vs Eddie Guerrero
Mr. Perfect vs Chris Jericho
Mr. Perfect vs Kevin Nash
Mr. Perfect vs Scott Hall
Mr. Perfect vs CM Punk
Mr. Perfect vs Brock Lesnar
Mr. Perfect vs Bill Goldberg
Mr. Perfect vs The Rock
Mr. Perfect vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

You beginning to see where I'm going with this?

Mr. Perfect's back injuries kept him out of relevancy at the worst possible time, just before he was due to get a second push towards the world championship. If he had been good to go, he could have had a sizable, multi-match feud with every one of these guys, and he would have put on a clinic. Perfect was 45 (or there-abouts) when he died in 2003, and the same age as HBK when he retired. His fitness was great, and even there at the very last he was able to do things like a perfect-plex against Big Show. From 1994-2004, there is really no reason without injuries that he couldn't have been involved with feuds with everyone on that list, and every one of them had the potential to be epic depending on the chemistry.

Perfect fought razor n diesel before in 92 n 93..... also think he faced Goldberg in 98.... I'm sorry I don't see him perfectplexing big show there's no way

Perfect fought razor n diesel before in 92 n 93..... also think he faced Goldberg in 98.... I'm sorry I don't see him perfectplexing big show there's no way

He had very brief feuds with Razor & Diesel that didn't amount to much more than 1 promo and 1 match. I'm talking about a real feud with back and forth in singles competition for a title belt.

And Perfect DID perfect-plex Big Show, twice!

In 1997
[YOUTUBE]1pzbj9ps_zk[/YOUTUBE]
And again in 2002 at the age of 43
[YOUTUBE]l9YaqZFE70M[/YOUTUBE]

Fucking amazing as far the perfectplex on big show.... Mr. Perfect is already in top 5 all time he just moved up after that.... and feud is a feud those with razor diesel n Goldberg count... everyone else never had a shot against him at all

Well in my original post I was talking about multi-match feuds. You're right about Goldberg, I missed that apparently, not sure how, I was watching WCW at that point in time, but I don't really consider Hall & Nash vs Perfect to count. Not when Perfect never challenged Hall for the IC championship and only feuded with Savage against Hall & Flair and Perfect's beef was with Flair, not Hall, and Nash was little more than a one off thing. You're right though, they did have a match.

Am I the only one in the world who thinks Cena (Heel) vs Undertaker would be epic? The two most important eras collide! PG Era vs AE! I know they feuded for like 2 matches during vengence 2003 but that was Cenas old gimmic... Imagin Taker vs Cena WM29 (Obviously Taker wins) but it would be LEGENDARY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back