Int Region, New York Subregion, First Round: (16) Blue Demon vs. (17) Christian

Who Wins This Match?

• Blue Demon

• Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, New York Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

madison-square-garden.jpg

tumblr_m0mkrrNtg41qzafsno1_500.jpg

#16. Blue Demon

Vs.

Christian.jpg

#17. Christian

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I can't say I know a lot about Blue Demon. I do know he's one of the all time greatest Mexican wrestlers. He was a regular rival of El Santo and has some victories over El Santo. For the most part Christian has been a career mid carder that often comes up on the losing end with a few big wins sprinkled throughout his career. I don't see Christian as much of a challenge. Blue Demon moves on.

Not knowing much at all about Blue Demon, I have to pull for Christian. Christian was staple character in the early 2000's along side Edge. He was a great guy in TNA as Christian Cage. He is above average in the ring, and knows his way around the ropes. Christian is one of the most experienced wrestlers on WWE's current roster. I have to go with the Canadian in this one.

Hey guys, remember that El Santo guy, the one that is the face of Mexican wrestling, and is a cultural icon?

This is his nemesis. And deservedly so. If El Santo is the Hulk Hogan of Mexico, El Santo may be the Roddy Piper; a lesser know contemporary, who managed to become a legend and an icon in his own right. Add to that that Demon got the better of El Santo, which would plague Santo for his entire career (go look it up), and it isn't hard to argue that Demon did quite a bit to put Lucha on the map.

Christian is a good worker; that's about all I can say about the guy, because those are his credentials, aside from having a cult following on the internet. Demon is a legitimate legend, and should go over here, with ease

Many adore Christian inside and outside the internet but when it comes down to it? He was never really that good. Both in WWE and TNA he was often given men like Tomko or put in tag teams because quite frankly? He needed it. Blue Demon has beaten some of the best luchadors (El Santo for example) and had everything going for him in Mexico. He was not only influential but an icon; even starring in a number of Mexican films. Christian may have had some good times but the Blue Demon didn't have a bad time. He was consistent and truly deserves the win here. Will he get it? Probably not.

Blue Demon was a major draw into his 60's. As in he was in main events at that age. Ric Flair can barely boast that. Not to mention Demon never really skipped a beat. He's El Santo's long standing rival and a movie sensation in his own right. Christian is amazing talent, and probably one of the most underrated stars of the last decade. But he could never scratch the surface of what Blue Demon did.

Yh this is a travesty if Blue Demon doesn't go over. An absolute superstar that dominated the second largest country for wrestling in the world (maybe Japan is bigger? I'd assume mexico).

Sure, I'd accept that wrestling in North America is the pinnacle of the sport since it's by far the most popular worldwide. Truth is, Christian has never made it to the main event for long. There is zero "home field advantage here" - not because Christian is Canadian, but because MSG would be ROCKING for a prime Blue Demon. Heel or not, the guy is a superstar and Christian is barely a worthy opponent.

I love Christian. Always have. Was so excited during his push and anti-Cena promos during 2005 but it came to nothing. It always does. Even recently when feuding with Randy Orton he soon fell down the card. The only place he's hit the main event and stuck is in TNA, which is hardly dominating North America.

Kayfabe, you aren't getting Christian over here either. He's probably got one of the worst win/loss records in the main event in the entire sport. He's charistatic, he's great, he might even STILL be underrated for his ringwork. But this is Blue Demon.

I'm passionately saying here, it's a JOKE if Christian wins this. Do the right thing. Put the right man over.

I really like Christian. I was one of the a-holes that got all pissy pants when he dropped the title to Orton so quickly. That being said, I'm surprised Christian is even in the tourney (top 128 let alone top 70). He certainly belongs in a tag team tourney with Edge but individually he has had a nice career but not exactly high profile.

On the other hand, I have no idea who the Blue Demon is beyond what I have read in this thread. He sounds kind of good and it sounds like he has been successful in a very long career.

So how do I choose between a guy I don't think belongs and another I don't know much about? Research? No. Coin flip? Mmm, nah. Defer to the people that I repsect the most and make the best argument? Huh. I am going with the region and subregion. Christian is Canadian. I love Canada. However Demon is a Mexican and possibly a Satanist (not sure about this one but why else call yourself Demon). And I once had a great time in Cancun. But more importantly, while I know NYC to have a bigger Dominican and Puerto Rican population, Republicans have assured me that Mexicans are everywhere and NYC is home to many Satanic Cults. This makes Demon far too over to throw away money having him go out in this tournament so early. Plus my favorite color is Blue and people will mistake him for The Blue Blazer and assume Owen didn't really die tragically.

Vote Blue Demon or you're wrong and stupid!

If not for my namesake only, then I'm voting for Blue Demon just because that anyone who is able to give a legend like El Santo a run for their money deserves to delve deeper into this tournament. Besides, whens the last time that Christian was a real threat to anybody?

I can only imagine how many people are going to vote Christian, simply based off the fact they won't Google Blue Demon, or look at any of his previous matches. Blue Demon has a HUGE Following in So Cal, and for good reason. Blue Demon is going to go over a career mid card guy, who simply won the title because his best friend was forced in an early retirement.

I love Christian, In my book he has always been under rated. Maybe it's his size that keeps him down, but I think his abilities in the ring are far better than what he gets credit for.

With that said Blue Demon should win this easily. The man was a huge draw in Mexico battling El Santo. If we weren't so centered around American wrestlers and more familiar with history (Don't worry, i'm not an expert either) Demon would be much higher ranked.

Christian, like many said or at least consider, is one of the most underrated talents in WWE. A great worker, pretty solid on the mic, good wrestler overall....

On the other hand we have Blue Demon. Do you wanna know how big Blue Demon is? After 50 years, he has such an impact that buses in my country are literally named Blue Demon. He is one of the biggest figures in history of lucha libre. As far star power concerns, Blue Demon beats by miles the midcarder Christian. Lo siento tocayo Blue Demon te gana.

I really cannot fathom how anyone can really justify a vote for Christian. Blue Demon was the most successful heel that lucha libre has ever seen. He defeated El Santo a number of times, and was a true bane to his existence for several decades. He was never a big draw in terms of box office, but then again, heels don't have to be. His influence as a memorable character is still plainly visible today when you everything from movies and comics, to energy drinks named after his likeness.

What exactly has Christian done to be memorable in the past few years? Induct his much more successful best friend into the Hall of Fame? Yeah, no. Don't be a fool here, vote Blue Demon.

Blue Demon beat El Santo. Blue Demon is a national icon. He never lost a Lucha de Apuestas match. He was the man at a time when Mexico also had El Santo, Mil Mascaras, and Rayo de Jalisco.

Christian is good, but he doesn't reach the status of Blue Demon. Demon wins this easily.

i don't understand why christian is rated so low back in his day he had cut some great promos with Edge and has won many titles. sure hes a midcarder now but hes getting old and WWE has so much talent they don't know what to with, i give this match to christian in the end

i don't understand why christian is rated so low back in his day he had cut some great promos with Edge and has won many titles. sure hes a midcarder now but hes getting old and WWE has so much talent they don't know what to with, i give this match to christian in the end

No, he's always been a midcarder. The prime of his career in WWE was 2011 and lasted three months. Other than that, you're left with TNA title reigns and WWECW reigns. If you rate those highly, fine. You can't argue that the world heavyweight championship is easily the cherry on the Christian Cake though, invalidating your "age" excuse as to why he's on the level now that he has been for his entire career.

I don't know what to say. Blue Demon is the second biggest star in the history of a country and people think Christian would be booked to win here.

I like Christian a lot, and lord knows I've been party to some of his more ridiculous wins in tournaments past, but not this time. Blue Demon is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history, and his feud with Santo was huge. What perhaps nobody realises is that Blue Demon was the face and Santo was the heel and Demon won the most notable feud.

Christian is great, but Blue Demon is one of international wrestling's true greats and the result here should be out of question.

To be honest i know very little about Blue Demon and i have watched Christian since day one in WWE, however what i have read and heard of Demon makes me go for him over a top class mid carder.

Last year I argued (in vain) for AJ Styles to go over the British Icon, Big Daddy because, well, Daddy sucked. Blue Demon was and still is a Mexican Icon who didn't suck - he was an innovator within the squared circle. Christian has, unfortunately, only ever been a footnote in the WWe and while he was positioned at the top of the TNA roster in his time there, he won't be remembered as one of their greats either. Legend trumps journeyman.

Got to love Christian. Since his early days right up to his last run with the IC belt, I have been a fan. TLC matches, his TNA run, finally winning the World Title- all great moments.

With that being said- IN NO WAY does Christian go over Demon in this or any match.

Demon was considered the biggest antagonist to Santo & his illustrious career. The man is simply just on a level that Christian will never even see unless he buys a ticket.

Blue Demon around the 10 minute mark sends Christian back to Canada.

It's Blue Demon. At the end of the day, Christian isn't a big deal in WWE. Yeah he's won a lot of titles and had some very good matches, but at any point has he been in the top three or even five guys in the company? Even when he was world champion he was clearly behind Cena, Punk, Orton and probably Sheamus. He just isn't that important overall.

Blue Demon is one of the biggest stars in Mexican wrestling history, and that puts him above a guy who isn't that big of a deal in the WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back