Int Region, New York Subregion, Second Round: (1) Steve Austin vs. (16) Blue Demon

Who wins this match?

• Steve Austin

• Blue Demon

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, New York Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York. Assume one week has passed since the first round match.

madison-square-garden.jpg

StoneColdSteveAustinPortraitsearch.com_display_image.jpg

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

tumblr_m0mkrrNtg41qzafsno1_500.jpg

#16. Blue Demon

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm gonna be a cunt and vote for Blue Demon. Because Austin's already won this thing and I'd like something a bit different. Funny enough these guys are fairly similar. Both started as heels and grew before turning face and becoming Iconic in their native countries. Both even have history in B-movies. Austin doesn't have a kid that's legendary though. He'd have one already if he wasn't busy smacking his wives around. So I'm giving it to Blue Demon. For having superior genitals.

Austin here. Its a rather easy vote. Austin was on top for a short period of time but he was THE guy when he was there. Madison Square Garden is the WWE's home, and although Blue Demon was great he's not a big deal anywhere outside of Mexico. Most of Blue Demons success can can be largely attributed to El Santo, while Austin earned his fame off of sheer bad assnes. Vote Austin without a single doubt in my mind

Austin here. Its a rather easy vote. Austin was on top for a short period of time but he was THE guy when he was there.

Demon was THE guy himself for a time too.

Madison Square Garden is the WWE's home, and although Blue Demon was great he's not a big deal anywhere outside of Mexico.

'Xcept Japan and America too. They wouldn't be making a cartoon seires around his liking otherwise.

Most of Blue Demons success can can be largely attributed to El Santo, while Austin earned his fame off of sheer bad assnes. Vote Austin without a single doubt in my mind

That would be like saying Austin's success came thanks to his feud with Vince. Demon was talented from the get-go as well and was for a by far long period than Stone Cold.

Very few compare to Austin but that's not a knock against Blue Demon. He definitely had cross-over appeal and did very well for himself in Mexico and was the top guy there for a period of time. This is Austin though, one of the most popular wrestlers (maybe THE most popular wrestler) of all time and its really hard for me to put anyone over the guy in this tournament. I can't put Blue Demon over Austin, I simply can't, we are talking about the biggest money monster this business has ever seen.

In Madison Square Garden, the top WWE guy in the past 15 years goes against Blue Demon, a great wrestler, but a fish out of water in the big city.

Give me Austin, all day. Austin's in-ring ability has been overlooked simply due to him being so popular and drinking beer. Austin was an old-school, stiff worker who knew how to use holds, weaken body parts, and chain wrestle if he had to.

Austin will walk to the next round, and that's the bottom line... and you know the rest.

I could get behind Blue Demon because he went over the Austin on his career - El Santo, but... Demon and Santo were excellent Welterweight Champs pitting them in the 150-190lbs (70-87kgs). They would be no match for the 250lb ass kicking legend.

Oh, Killjoy :lmao: I respect the effort.

Austin destroys Demon because he's better. Stone Cold never lost to lesser competition, especially not in a tournament like this. Unless the McMahon's have a reason to back Blue Demon, and they wouldn't, Austin moves forward.

I was gonna rock with Killjoy, but Finlay ethered Blue Demon when he brought up the size difference. Has prime Austin ever lost to a cruiserweight?

Stunner and a couple of middle fingers.

If this were El Santo, I'd be seriously tempted, but it's not. And I even hesitate to call Blue Demon the second most popular luchadore. I'm sure Mascaras or the Destroyer [if you counted him as a luchadore] would be above him. Blue Demon was the greatest heel, for sure, but that hurts his popularity and chances against a guy that was arguably America's second most popular face.

Austin was easily more popular, and defeated the likes of the Rock, who made a much better heel than Demon. Austin's credentials should be more than enough to get him through this round.

Austin's wrestling ability seems to be really underrated like other have said. Austin at MSG in his prime would easily win this. Austin was huge in big matches, and in a tournament like this I would expect anything less that a big win here.

Oh, Killjoy :lmao: I respect the effort.

Austin destroys Demon because he's better. Stone Cold never lost to lesser competition, especially not in a tournament like this. Unless the McMahon's have a reason to back Blue Demon, and they wouldn't, Austin moves forward.

Austin lost to Chris Jericho in a tournament exactly like this.

In many ways these two are quite similar - heels at first, with a change in tack and style at a big point in their career. Blue Demon went from brawler to technical wrestler, while Austin did the reverse.

It's hard to really argue against Austin here, though Demon is probably more entertaining in the ring and a better crossover star, he's not in Austin's league when it comes to drawing money, and that's a hard thing to say.

I'm voting for Blue Demon, because I always do, and therefore I have to come up with a reason. My reason is going to be one of longevity. Demon drew big money until the 80s having debuted in the 50s. Austin drew big money for about 5 or 6 years. I think in total, Demon probably made more people part with cash, so I'm going for him.

Hmm. I do want to make a case for Blue Demon but I don't think I can. I'm certainly trying my hardest to give the utmost respect to Mexico and Japanese regions, as certainly being one of the greatest in a huge wrestling culture like those has to be respected.

Similar to "TNA Main Event = WWE uppermidcard" I try to predict as far as I can how to kayfabe rate dominating in certain federations. Don't pounce on this, as I know Blue Demon is significantly bigger, but Mistico is the biggest draw of modern day Mexico. There's no one else from this generation that can compare to him, making him the Blue Demon/El Santo of the day. Sin Cara has hardly made much of a splash in the heavyweight scenes of WWE. Mysterio wasn't even born in Mexico and only had a handful of matches there, he's pretty much American. Del Rio had an immediate impact but is about 40lbs heavier. Mil Mascaras same, as is El Canek. No Mexican under 200lb has made much of an impact in North America, right? I'm fully aware this could be bullshit, I'm just struggling to find someone.

I'm strongly taking Austin to advance.

Do I have a bias in favor of the American WWE wrestler who I watched throughout his prime? Probably but considering this is Stone Cold Steve Austin, the top draw during a wildly popular time for wrestling I don't think personal bias plays much into this. Stone Cold Stunner for the win.

The Blue Demon wins because he is more treacherous in the ring, exploits Austin's neck, and exposes SCSA for the overrated slopfest he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back