Int Region, Seattle Subregion, First Round: (2) The Rock vs. (31) Pat Patterson

Who wins this match?

• The Rock

• Pat Patterson

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

key%20arena%20tickets.jpg

TheRock.jpg

#2. The Rock

Vs.

patterson-pat07.jpg

#31. Pat Patterson

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Pat Patterson was once the Intercontinental Champion(the first according to WWE).

The Rock is one of the top three biggest baby faces and stars in the history of professional wrestling.

The Rock wins with a People's Elbow.

Pat was a big deal in San Francisco back in the day. He along side Ray Stevens were the territory's two top draws. However I think it's safe to say that Rocky beats Patterson pretty handily while entertaining us all throughout the match. The only votes Patterson will get here will be from people that feel that no new school wrestler could go over an old timer.

Since this match takes place in the city where Rock finally beat Steve Austin I will vote for him. And because he's one of the most successful wrestlers ever. And because he's one of the most popular wrestlers ever. And because he's probably the second most famous wrestler ever. But mostly cuz of the Seattle thing.

Yeah, ok. Well Pat Patterson was a big deal in a territorial times, but The Rock is one of the most ubiquitous and well known wrestlers of all time. The Rock is literally a household name, Patterson isn't. An easy win, this, for The Rock.

I havn't got much more to add here. Patterson was more than a flash in the pan, contesting for a few titles and was certainly over. He absolutely cannot hold a candle to The Rock though, defending tournament champion here. Non-contest, Rocky goes over

No surprise that Rock is dominating here. One of the most popular guys ever. Pat Patterson was no slouch in his prime, but this isn't even close.

Apparently being a big deal in a small territory is more important than being a big deal in a Global Company. For that reason I can't vote any other way but Pat Patterson's.

All these rest holds Patterson keeps putting The Rock in are making me uncomfortable. I didn't know Patterson was so found of the abdominal stretch. In the end though The Rock wins this easily. Far better athlete, global phenomenon, champion, blah, blah, blah.

Pat Patterson had a long career, spanning almost 30 years, and of course is most famous for being the first IC Champion, by unifying two seperate titles I believe. Before John Cena broke his record, however, The Rock held the record for the most WWE Championships won(8 now), and is altogether a 10 time World Champion. He beat John Cena in the main event of Wrestlemania, and in his first championship match in almost 10 years, beat CM Punk, the longest reigning WWE champion of the last 25 years.

Rock has size, strength, and speed advantage over Patterson, also being the better althlete. Patterson was better technically but that wouldn't matter as Rock's explosiveness and strength advantage would simply overwhelm Patterson. This would be as close as it gets to a squash in this tournament, with Rock not allowing this match to go much more then five. Spinebuster or Rock Bottom, and a People's Elbow ends this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back