Int Region, Seattle Subregion, First Round: (7) El Santo vs. (26) Taz

Who wins this match?

• El Santo

• Taz

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

key%20arena%20tickets.jpg

El_Santo.jpg

#7. El Santo

Vs.

Tazz.jpg

#26. Taz

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Nobody here? I'll keep it short. El Santo is the most famous and popular of all Mexican Wrestlers. He's a really big deal down there.

The human suplex machine is cool and all, but he was never a big time star.

El Santo wins easy

Indeed, Taz was a great wrestler however he wasn't by any means a top star. He was kinda a big deal in ECW, but he never became THE man. It's unnecessary to bring up his lack of success in WWE.

On the other do we really need to list now El Santo's accolades, I mean he is the biggest luchador in Latinoamérica and the biggest star too. El Santo has this easily.

It was cool to watch Tazz throw people around and he was pretty badass in ECW but his brief run there isn't nearly enough to get him past the number one guy in Mexican wrestling. Was Tazz worth anything outside 1997-1999? Not much. El Santo was on top for decades and easily moves on.

Where's the poll?

The Saint wins because he is a better technical wrestler with better conditioning and he is more Alpha, which means he can draw more intestinal fortitude.

Taz was pretty cool in his day with the suplexes and the badass, but as has been said, El Santo was the best Mexican wrestler ever. They just don't compare and El Santo wins easily.

Decades versus two to three years... El Santo gets this one.

This would be a solid match, but ultimately, the body of work is weighing heavily on the side of Santo as in the history of Mexican Wrestling, he's number one. That's a pretty big deal.

Many would say Taz wasn't even number one in ECW, much less USA Pro wrestling.

Santo wins. OLE!

I really wanted Taz to get past the first round, but there is no freaking way he beats Santo. Not even in Philly for the title in a submission match, would Taz be booked over Santo.

Sorry buddy, bad draw here. Santo wins & there isnt anything you can do about it.

I imagine the only argument you can really present for Taz is that he was a tough guy, but to be honest that's exactly what Santo was. People look at Santo, they see Rey Mysterio, but he was stylistically more like someone in the Steve Austin mould. In a match with someone like this, I don't see that Santo would have much difficulty. He's a legend in a country, Taz was a legend in a bingo hall.

Yeah this is really, really easy. I think within the confines of this tournament Taz could be considered the #1 within kayfabe from ECW. RVD would be some competition due reaching WWE championship level post-ECW, but I think you could form an argument for Taz in ECW being more dominant than RVD has ever been. He'd certainly go over Dreamer/Sandman/Raven imo.

Makes no difference. El Santo is phenomenal and is one of the tournament favourites. Relatively easy start to his campaign, I'd love him to make a deep run here

The only argument I could see being put forward for Taz is that Santo was never a heavyweight champion... but that wouldn't work because Taz floundered once he hit the federation with heavyweights. Having a good resume in a small time organisation just doesn't compare with being a national icon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back