It's 2020. Who's on the WWE roster and where do you see them?

TheICChampion

The hardcore casual fan
The year is 2020. WrestleMania 36 has just passed, and once again, a new influx of talent has made it to the main roster of WWE, while some superstars have either been fired or decided to hang up their boots once and for all. The question I pose to you is: Who do you see in these categories? The Main eventers? The mid-carders? The superstars who have left WWE by this point? The superstars who were former main-eventers who are now being used as enhancement for the up-and-comers? I'm interested in your thoughts on who will still be here five years from now. Anyone stand out to you as a hall of famer come 2020? What about NXT? Do you think Triple H and Stephanie are officially in charge? Let me know your thoughts!

IN 2020, I think John Cena will probably retire this year unfortunately right after Mania after losing a retirement match to the new face of the company in the passing of the torch (Reigns,Balor,Me,etc.) He comes out the night night to retire with a Ric Flair like celebration. I can see Undertaker greeting him backstage after, kind of how he did on Cena's first night on the job. Randy,Edge,Triple H,Hogan,Rock,Punk (maybe),Bryan,Flair,Austin,Reigns,Ambrose,and more are in the ring to help celebrate. He would probably get inducted in the HOF that year,the year before,or the year after.

I say Randy would be on his last year or second to last year as a part-time attraction, Brock may still be there as a part-timer. AJ Styles may come there as a part-timer. I say

Top stars:Roman,Balor,Ziggler,Ambrose,Rollins,Zayn,Wyatt,Owens,Rusev,Dempsey,
Corbin, Sheamus,Briq Romine,

Upper Mid -Card:(occasionally main eventer)Luke Harper,Ryback,Big E,Kofi Kingston,Xavier Woods,Cesaro,Hideo Iltami,Neville,Damien Sandow (Foley like story of working his way up) ,Darren Young, Kalisto,Tyson Kidd,Erick Rowan,Curtis Axel (if he can be fixed),

Retired by then:Kane,Big Show,Triple H,Mark Henry,Goldust,Daniel Bryan (maybe),John Cena (on his way out),Undertaker,Sting,The Rock,Chris Jericho.

Main-Eventers: Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Adam Cole (i'm just guessing he'll be signed at that point), Randy Orton, John Cena (part-timer at this point), Baron Corbin

Mid-carders: Dean Ambrose, Ryback, Sami Zayn, Bray Wyatt, Hideo Itami

Guys who left: Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Paige and the rest of the divas, and the older guys like Kane, Big Show ect..

It depends if Vince is still alive or not for Triple H and Steph to be fully in charge.. It won't happen until Vince is gone, which hopefully doesn't happen for awhile.

The two lists above seem on the mark; they name the young guys and retire the old, which is proper.

I wonder if John Cena will be retired. In the incredible shape he's in, it will be tough to call whether he's had enough by then. If you want to go by conditioning, I'd sooner think Kevin Owens would be gone at 36 than Cena at 43.

Other than that, I think Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns will be on top of the pro wrestling world in 2020; maybe Dean Ambrose, too......and what a fabulous break for everyone that all three guys from the same group emerged as superstars; they are exactly what the company needs to take us into the next decade.

Then again, if they're destined for longevity, it's important not to burn them out now.....and Rollins is world champion already.

As for the crop of NXT performers due to arrive soon, I see it as almost impossible to predict how the top of that class will fare on the main roster. Yes for Neville and Owens; they're already here and we've gotten a taste of what they're capable of. But while many are assuming Finn Balor will be a true superstar in WWE......well, we'll have to see. I think he's got what it takes, but it's a long road from today 'til 2020.

Some of the NXT gals are going to rejuvenate the diva roster by showing their ability to actually......y'know, wrestle. Charlotte the Nature Girl will lead the way. Woooooo!

So many names will come and go in the next 5 years. Impossible to call. 5 years ago, people would have been spewing the same old WWE hating drivel. No one would have put Steen, Moxley, Black, or almost any of the current main event guys on a future roster list.

Obviously Balor, Itami, Joe, and god only knows who else will be called from NXT to the main roster before 2020, but who knows who else WWE will snatch up and utilize between now and then.

Pretty much the same WWE roster now minus Paige, Bella Twins, Alicia Fox, Brock, Cameron, Goldust, Mark Henry, R Truth and Undertaker.

I can't say what NXT guys will be on the roster.

I wanted a small historical perspective on this so I went back to 2010. Unfortunately I was unable to find a complete roster so I used the in ring performers of WM that year and looked at how many are still around today. Of the 69 talents 18 are still regulars with four in part time roles. That is a fairly drastic cut. One could most certainly dive deeper into the statistics but I found these numbers to be a solid jumping off point. It is just so difficult to predict the possible successes and failures of the company.

Who knows, after failing to win the US Presidency The Donal might turn his attention to a global force and purchase Global Force. He might steal away every talent.

2020 yes its far off but not that far off! I think Cena probably will retire after WM 34 or so just a gut feeling.. Little bit by little bit the human body can only take so much,and he has been injured here and there a bit more than we are accustomed to see..

I like Finn Balor a lot and i expect big things from him.. He has a great look to him,and i think a couple of more months down in NXT will do him fine.. He should be ready around Survivor Series time to make his time on the Main roster.. Triple H is the man in NXT grooming these guys to be the future.. Rollins,Reigns,Ambrose,will be huge in 2020 all of em top guys multiple WWE WHC reigns by then.. That will be a no brainer..

Owens will be Cream of the Crop IMO! He will be the top of the Heep IMHO and already is drawing massive heat! Imagine if he can keep this up!!

Really the Future is very bright and I cant wait

By the year 2020 cena is the biggest heel and leader of a dominant faction with some up and coming guys. He is well past flair's 16 title wins and is doing what hhh did during the brand extension or what hogan did in wcw. He is also the undisputed greatest of all times. Taker, Jerico, Rock, kane, show, henry have all retired with a hall of fame career. May be rocky retires in 2021. Triple h is still part timer getting in ring only on big occasions. Vince has relinquished control officially after a power struggle angle. Hogan and Flair...well not so sure about them. All shield guys have had their share of title reigns and are now making way for new guys. Sheamus and BNB are gone orton either retired or lesner type of part timer. Wyatt still doing the same stuff with 1 or 2 title wins. Bo Dallas in prison for torturing the audience every night with his dumbass gimmick. Neville upper mid card Owens probably same.

I think it is pretty much impossible to tell who will be around and who will be on top in 2020. So many wrestlers leave, retire or drop down the card.

5 years ago we were probably saying Drew McIntrye, Ted Dibiase, Cody Rhodes, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, John Morrison were the future.

5 years ago we didnt even know who the Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Itami, Balor, Owens characters were.

5 years ago big hitters like Jeff Hardy, Batista, Edge and CM Punk were main eventing and now they are nowhere to be seen.

The point I would like to make is 5 years is a very long time in the pro wrestling business.

2020. Vince will be dead by then which will bring about huge changes in this business..Probably Shane will return and be the chairman of WWE.. And surely after Vince's death a new wrestling company under a huge investment from some wealthy business magnet will rise up and go toe to toe with WWE..
2020..John cena will be working less coz there The roster will be packed with young talents and he will have to play the veteran role..Maybe he will go to some new company as i said before..
Rollins Reigns Ambrose Owens Balor Big Cass Enzo amore will be the top main event players.
Rest will be on mid card and maybe a lot from above list will leave the company and join the new one..

I will approach this in a slightly different way than most. I will take all the mid-card/young star wrestlers and predict if they will still be around and at what capacity.

Ziggler - Gone
Sheamus - Mid-level storyline jobber (Corporate Kane type)
Ambrose - Mid-card fan favorite
Wyatt - Top Heel
Rollins - Top Face
Reigns - Force Fed Star who will turn a million times (Dave Batista/Randy Orton)
Owens - Gone or Jobber
Cesaro - Gone
Axel - Gone
Ryback - (hopefully) Gone

etc etc

Also, not sure this is the right thread to bring it up but here goes anyways....

Am I the only person who thinks when WWE stumbles on someone they think is TRULY going to be the next Cena - type mega-face that they won't feature them too heavily on NXT? Certainly not give them the belt there.

I mean the NXT Champ > WWE roster will be cool and novel for a few years but after that I could see it getting super stale. Finding ways to properly debut people onto the main roster is key. They did great this year with Lucha Dragons and Neville debuting the night after Mania and they are hitting a home run with Owens because of his pure in ring ability.

I think guys who have fought in NXT and lost feuds and shit won't be as appealing to debut in the WWE a bunch of years down the line. HHH has opened a can of worms making NXT so fan friendly and putting so many eyes on it. A lot of pros but also a lot of cons.

By then, every superstar will be a NXT alumni, except for Cena, Orton and a few part timers (maybe a returning Punk, ADR, AJ Lee.........).

It's easier to predict on this way.......

I will only predict will current roster

Fire/Let Go
Zack Ryder. Adam Rose. Curtis Axel. Diego. Fernado. Heath Slater. Jack Swagger. R Truth. Xavier Woods.
Retired.
Kane. Big Show. Christain. Chris Jericho. Gold Dust. Mark Henry. UnderTaker.

WrestleMania 36 Daniel Bryan Vs John Cena. Cena Retires if he looses (Like the Flair vs Shawn)
Daniel of course wins.

Divas Champ-Charolette feuding with Sash Banks.
Tag Champs. Enzo and Cassidy. Fueding with VET team Usos.
US Champ Samoa Joe. Feuding with Ambrose.
IC Champ Finn Balor Feudning with Sami Zayn
WWE Heavyweight Champ. Hard one to pick. So many guys. Heres your Main event guys. Kevin Owens. Roman. Seth Rollins. Bray Wyatt. Rusev. Ceasor. Ziggler. Its 5 years time, your new cena will be there so Roman is your champ.

People like Ryback, Barret, Sheamus, few other people are going to be great heels to fight the midcard new comers.

Orton will be a part timer in his final years having great feuds with younger guys. Neville, Balor. EVEN JOE.

Most your current divas will be retired or gone.

STING IS GM!!!!

it's hard to say because only a few years ago, guys like The Miz, Sheamus, and Ziggler were World Heavyweight champion and they have since fallen down the ladder to become mid-carders or jobbers. So to say a world champion we have right now (like seth) will continue to keep his upper tier, main event status in the future is uncertain.

But John Cena will still be around, maybe in the future he will take on the HHH type role.

Assuming HHH is in charge in 2020

I would expect the Divas division to be more interesting and a large part of the WWE roster for there seems to be a real effort to develop the divas division under the current authority.

Seth Rollins is likely going to the top face in 2020 with Reign and Ambrose.

Likely for the most part upper mid cards will pretty be much the same as they are today with retirements for the Big Show, Kane, Henry and part time status
for Cena, Orton. If TNA goes under, the WWE will have a deep mid-card to main event roster and the need for guys to be on the road without proper rest will be alleviated which should lead to better matches. I would expect the WWE to be on the lookout for more 250+ lb wrestlers for they will be needed to replace the retired wrestlers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back