Jay Lethal Re-Signs with ROH

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
PWTorch.com’s Sean Radican is reporting that Jay Lethal has re-signed with Ring Of Honor.

It was noted that Lethal, the former ROH World Champion and TV Champion, has signed an exclusive deal for two years with the company.

Radican noted that WWE was said to have some interest in Lethal, but was making low offers to ROH free agents. It’s been speculated that Lethal will likely feud with Cody Rhodes in 2017 due to the events at ROH’s Final Battle pay-per-view.

So, as the underlined part says, I too thought that WWE would be interested in signing Jay Lethal after his contract with RoH expired. He isn't a big name like AJ Styles to go straight to main roster but he could've been a good signing. Plus, he's just 31 in age so that's an advantage too.

I will like to see him in WWE in future for sure.

I like a few people in ROH, but in general honestly don't watch because of lack of interest in the full card. Lethal is pretty great, and a personal favorite. Some appearances in PWG, or NJPW would be neat. Would rather see him there, than NXT, ROH, and others. Most people I'd love to see him work with are in Main roster WWE, and I'd prefer that on a personal level. I'm sure he'll eventually come around to some degree. ROH just isn't something I enjoy watching him in at this point.

Who holds the rights to savages gimmick? Wwe or Lanny poffo?

I have a feeling that there's a reason they don't want jay right now....

Lethal is the ideal signee for the WWE right now. He's fairly young for someone who has already honed his entire skillset; whether it's mic work, working the crowd or his in ring repertoire. With that, I would love nothing more for Lethal to sign on to either NXT or the main roster to display his abilities to a wider range of their audience. While there's no guarantee for success even for someone as talented as Lethal, at a young age of 31, he's always able to pack up and go back to ROH.

I like ROH enough and try to keep up with it as much as I can. Losing Lethal would be a big loss for the company after losing so many within the last couple of years and most recently, Roderick Strong. Like so many others, a huge gain for NXT would be a huge blow to ROH. Being a wrestling fan myself, the more wrestling companies competing with one another, the better. Lethal is already guaranteed a top spot in ROH; the same can't be said for NXT or WWE's main roster.

This is good for ROH as they managed to hold on to one of their better veterans. Lethal could've went to NXT, though I haven't heard any rumblings about WWE having an interest in him. He could wind up with WWE when this contract expires, but I'm glad to see he's sticking around ROH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back