Kick-Ass 2!

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is in talks to make Kick-Ass 2, with Jeff Wadlow directing his script. I’m told the intention is to get the film in production by August. Discussions are just getting underway with such original castmembers as Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and they will have to be signed to new deals to reprise their roles. The raucous 2010 film was directed by Matthew Vaughn; it was made for $28 million and grossed $48.1 million domestic and $103 million worldwide. The original was released by Lionsgate but became a free ball controlled by Vaughn. He can’t direct the sequel because of his commitments to his X-Men: First Class follow-up, but he is backing it and is fully supportive of handing over the reins. Wadlow, who wrote and directed 2005′s Cry Wolf, wrote the Kick-Ass 2 script for Vaughn, and it has already come before Universal’s green-light committee. I expect a deal to be closed shortly. Wadlow is repped by WME

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/kick-ass-2-talks-universal-pictures-jeff-wadlow/

After Deadline revealed that Universal Pictures was stepping in to finance Kick-Ass 2 with Jeff Wadlow directing his script, the big question was whether the original Kick-Ass cast of Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, among others, would be back for an encore. There has been a lot of rumors lately that Johnson, who stars in the upcoming Oliver Stone-directed Savages, would leave and that other actors were being lined up for a recasting. This has been exacerbated by the fact that the original cast didn’t have sequel options, which meant that returning cast members from the Matthew Vaughn-directed 2010 original would require new negotiated deals. The original cost $28 million and grossed $103 million worldwide.

Related: Universal Talks ‘Kick-Ass 2′ To Build Franchise; Jeff Wadlow Eyed To Direct

Here’s what I am hearing. Johnson is nearly done with his deal to reprise as the title character. Moretz in a similar situation as is Mintz-Plasse. Also in talks is Nicolas Cage to return in a cameo role (his reps say he has yet to receive an offer). There are several other star roles for new characters, and it’s sure looking like it will work out well for a fall shoot.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/uni...2-deals-with-aaron-johnson-chloe-moretz-more/

Kick-Ass (2010) was a highly enjoyable black comedy. Excellent humor, the cast was superb, the stylish, bloody violence was just great, and the action scenes did provide some bizarre and brutal fun. Oh, and Nicholas Cage delivered the true highlight performance for this film. Usually, I don't have nice things to say about Cage now a days, but his quirky performance in Kick-Ass was just hilarious.

I am beyond excited for the upcoming sequel, and I do have high hopes for Kick-Ass 2. First of all, Chloë Grace Moretz and Aaron Johnson need to return for the sequel. Mindy/Hit-Girl and Dave/Kick-Ass were two of the most entertaining characters in the first film. Kick-Ass 2 wouldn't feel the same without them, and I can't picture anyone else portraying their characters. As far as Christopher Mintz-Plasse goes, Red Mist was an important character, but Plasse really didn't provide a memorable performance. He's replaceable, and his absence wouldn't hurt the sequel.

The original Kick-Ass was an outstanding black comedy, and the sequel has the potential to match or possibly surpass the original in terms of quality. Although, Kick-Ass 2 could go the route of a pointless, money-making sequel. Every sequel can't match the quality of The Empire Strikes back, and most of the time, box office profits become the main priority, and because of this, quality suffers, unfortunately. Universal knows they can make a shit load of money, and the greedy side of Hollywood could become the sequel's biggest problem.

Still, I'll try to stay positive about the upcoming sequel, and I am looking forward to Kick-Ass 2.

Did you enjoy the original Kick-Ass?

What are your expectations for the sequel?

Did I I enjoy the Original Kick Ass ?

I loved the Kick Ass movie it was great Nicolas Cage was the best. I loved Hit Girl she was insane in that movie. They really did bring that comic book to life. I read the whole series before the movie came out and I really liked how accurate they were with the comic from the movie. I just thought that they should have kept the same Big Daddy origin from the comic book in the movie. Overall though I still give it two thumbs up. Read the comics and watch the movie both are great

What are your expectations for the sequel?

After reading the new series I can't wait to see this movie, I was getting nervous because I remember reading a few months ago that they were uncertain if they were going to make another movie. A lot went down a lot of surprises and Red Mist is now The Mother Fucker. If they do exactly what they did in the comic in the movie then it will be awesome. I'm happy that they are actually going to make this. I hope that this sequel will be just as good as the comic book

Also coming out sometime in June Hit Girl is getting her own comic book series, I can't wait to get that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back