*Merged* Edge and the WWE Hall of Fame Discussion

Will Edge make the Hall of Fame?

• Yes next year or the year after that

• Yes but not for a while

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Without a doubt YES..
He has won the most no of belts and has surely made TLC matches one of the most exciting...
If he doesn't deserve it then who does??

I do think he will go in. If The Rock goes in next year I can't see them stacking the card and putting Edge in at the same time. So I could see him going in at WM 29. But it leaves me wondering if he knew or kinda thought WM was going to be one of his last matches why didn't they put ADR over then? Or have Christian turn and put Edge out of action? But I have always been a fan of a wrestler going out on their back and putting someone over on their way out. Anyway, I don't think it is a question of will he go in, it is when will he go in.

C'mon if Drew Carrey will get in the Edge will! Edge accomplished everything in the WWE/F, he's wonj more championships. he's in, prob next year!

uhhhh, I don't understand why this is even up for debate.

Without a doubt, YES. Edge WILL be in the Hall Of Fame. With how quick Shawn Michaels got in after he retired, I'd guess Edge will be the top ballot in the Class of 2012.

Edge is definitely a future Hall of Famer, that is unless he murders anyone.

13 years in the WWE, 11 time world champion, arguably Cena's arch-rival... there is no question he will make the Hall of Fame.

I see him going in next year. Edge is one of those guys that puts over the HOF, not vice versa.

Edge will make the Hall of Fame for sure.
but listing his championship #s kind of skews his career, whenever anyone brings up the last 5 years of WWE World titles, Edge is the perfect example of the "hot potato" epidemic that's plagued WWE, and ultimately lessened the impact of his # of reigns.

He definitely stepped up and left his mark as arguably the most important Smackdown superstar of the last decade, worked well as both heel and face, and pretty much made Vickie Guerrero the ball of blind hatred she is now. Before he got his break, he was in some of the groundbreaking tag team matches (you can't think TLC without thinking of Edge).

The only drawback to Edge, was how late in his career that his singles career got jump started, but then again, you can't really hold that against him.

Easily inducted, and I see him being involved with the company for a long time behind the scenes.

100% without question! His list of accomplishments and accolades are more then enough. Then you add in his passion, dedication, and pure skill that helped him make it to the level he did... and in a few years, when the real Hall of Fame is actually built, over in the wing titled "All Time Greats", Edge will have his own, well deserved spot, in that class.

Excuse me for being straightforward but this is the most ridiculous question ever asked if you are not going to put a " When " at the first of the sentence.

Do you know what 11 times world champion means? Do you know that only Hogan, HHH and Flair have a better record in WWE's book? So If he's not gonna get inducted then I won't understand the point of Hall of Fame.

When will it be? It really doesn't matter but I think they'll wait at least 3-4 years cuz he's not 46 like Shawn.

And by the way, Vince has made HoF so it's impossible for anyone else to make it again.

Dude what are you saying about Vince making the HoF. You are aware there are other Wrestling HoF's right?

Yeah we all know what 11 World Championships means. And what are you talking about a better record? What record are you speaking of exactly? I'm a bit confused.

I don't think they'll wait 3-4 years. I think they'll almost surely do it right away. Why? Because the emotions will still be flowing by next Mania. If they wait too long they risk giving Edge an incredible HoF moment. Imagine the pure tears that would be flowing from EVERYONE if Edge were inducted right away. Who cares if HBK was 46. Age doesn't matter. Eddie was inducted (yes he died I understand) but WWE did it to capitalize on the emotions. To give proper respects. Edge should be inducted right away, Christian his best friend of 27 years AND John Cena should induct him in my opinion. The only reason I say Cena is because look at it this way. Edge was his greatest nemesis. Christian and Cena could give Edge a tremendous introduction/speech.

But to be fair the title is correct. It is never a sure thing that anyone will join the HoF. Although with Edge it's almost a given.

I think the poster that started this thread wasn't really meaning to ask if Edge will go into the HOF, as that is obvious. I think he was meaning more of when will Edge go in. Will he go in immediately (aka: next year), just as Shawn Michaels went into the HOF the next class after his retirement and like Eddie Guerrero went into the HOF in the next class after his passing (Benoit would've gotten the same treatment had he not committed murder). That's the question and was something I was thinking of last night night after Raw and when I read online that it was legit.

That would seem to be the case, as it would be a fine tribute to his career, however, part of me doesn't want it to happen, and also thinks it won't happen.

First why it won't happen. There are still two major names who are associated with Florida (where Wrestlemania will be next year) that could easily be the headliner. The obvious one is the Rock as there have already been reports about next year's HOF ceremony centering on the Rock. And it would make sense with him having one last big, classic match before his HOF induction (or the day after actually). It seems all but inevitable that the Rock will be the headliner next year.

But if the Rock decides not to go in due to wanting to continue to wrestle a bit more, there's one other wrestler from Florida that could be the headlining inductee? Who am I talking about? None other than Randy Savage. Savage was always billed as being from Sarasota, FL, and I believe he still lives in Florida to this day. A year or two ago there wouldn't have been a chance in hell, but a lot's changed in the last year or so. Savage has had his own DVD, he's been mentioned on TV a number of times, he's appeared on many of WWE's lists on their website (such as the 50 Greatest Superstars, 25 Greatest Intercontinental Champions, even being ranked as the best), and he's now on board with the company's action figures lines as he'll already have two action figured produced of him within the upcoming months. Savage is getting more press and attention by the WWE which has to mean that Savage and McMahon are mending fences, with whatever their issues were.

Savage and Rock are both deserving headliners who are huge possibilities as next year's headliner. Vince could even throw a curveball and do like he did in 2005 by having two worthy headliners inducted in the same year with both Rock and Savage (I hope that isn't the case, both deserve to headline their own class).

As for why I hope it doesn't happen, I'm sorry but Edge as great a career as he had should not go into the HOF before Randy Savage and even the Rock. He shouldn't obviously go in before Bruno Sammartino although I've long given up even considering Bruno for the HOF as it won't happen until he dies. But the Rock is a definite possbility and so is Savage I think at this point. And if there's a chance that both can go in, Edge should wait his turn. Frankly I don't think Shawn Michaels should've gotten in before Randy Savage (simply for chronological reasons), so if I don't think HBK deserved in before Randy Savage, than Edge definitely doesn't.

Also, another thing that plays into both why I don't think should happen, and why I think it won't happen, there has been talk of Toronto hosting another Wrestlemania, and frankly that would be a much more appropriate and fitting place to be inducted than Miami. Toronto is his hometown. It would be huge and great for him to be inducted in his hometown. He definitely deserves that.

Here's what I say. Induct Randy Savage or The Rock next year in Miami for Wrestlemania 28. Have Wrestlemania 29 somewhere else (Indianapolis for selfish reasons lol although I know we can do an awesome job of hosting it), and have whomever doesn't get inducted at 28 as the headliner (probably Savage). Then bring Wrestlemania 30 to somewhere else and induct the Undertaker (who will most likely retire at that point). Then bring Wrestlemania 31 to Toronto and induct Edge.

11-time World champion. 14-time Tag Team Champion. 5-time Intercontinental Champion. Former King of the Ring and Royal Rumble winner. Memorable matches and highlights such as the Spear to Jeff Hardy in TLC II at WMX7 and the Spear on Mick Foley through the flaming table at WM22. Unless some massive fallout occurs between Adam Copeland and the WWE, he will be guaranteed a spot in the Hall of Fame. I would be willing to bet that in the future, Adam Copeland will also see induction in the actual Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Schenectady, NY (http://www.pwhf.org/).

As for when we'll see Edge inducted into the Hall of Fame, I would wait until WrestleMania is held again in Toronto, to allow Edge to have his moment in his hometown. Whether it's WrestleMania 29 or 31, wait it out. Although I don't necessarily agree that Randy Savage's induction (who is definitely more than deserving in his own right....OOOOOH YEAH! DIG IT!) is a requirement for Adam Copeland to enjoy his moment. One could argue there's plenty of wrestlers/Superstars (or whatever you desire to call them) that deserve induction before Edge: Owen Hart, Randy Savage, Bruno Sammartino, Kevin Nash. But when Edge gets the nod to be inducted, we shouldn't complain about the fact that so-and-so isn't in before him. We should celebrate the career of a man who literally broke his back and risked his life to entertain us, to give us someone to hate, and provided us with plenty of moments to scream "Holy shit!"

Whether he reeked of awesomeness, turned the WWE into a Rated R show, or capitalized on the ultimate opportunity, Edge entertained the fans. And for the benefit of those with flash photography, we will see one final five second pose as Edge takes his hard-earned rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame.

I can't imagine the pain Edge endured to entertain us after breaking his back for our entertainment. Lets just hope Edge has wisely saved his money and can live comfortably, and enjoy his retirement with his children. Thank you Adam Copeland for the memories, great matches, and entertainment you provided me through good times and bad.

I would be willing to bet that in the future, Adam Copeland will also see induction in the actual Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame in Schenectady, NY (http://www.pwhf.org/).

That DEFINITELY isn't going to happen for quite awhile. The actual Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame doesn't subscribe to WWE and it's audience. So while WWE and its fans will have tons of nostalgia, sympathy, and emotions toward Edge and the end of his career, thus resulting in a possible quick induction into the WWE HOF, that won't be the case with the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. If Edge were to get inducted, it would be in it's "Modern Era" category, and that category has barely even touched the 1990's, let alone the 2000's which was when Edge was at his peak. Bret Hart is the only major wrestler to emerge in the 1990's that has been inducted. Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Sting, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Mick Foley are some of the big time '90s stars that have yet to be inducted. Edge won't have a prayer of being inducted ahead of those guys. In the WWE HOF possibly. The actual Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, which is the most legimate Hall of Fame in pro wrestling, no chance.

In the WWE HOF possibly. The actual Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, which is the most legimate Hall of Fame in pro wrestling, no chance.
I'm not saying that Adam Copeland will see induction in the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame anytime prior to 2020, if even by then. But Adam Copeland definitely left his mark on professional wrestling. Now there's plenty who should see induction prior to him: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Mick Foley, The Rock, Goldberg, Sting, DDP just to name a few. Edge has a long wait for the actual PWHF, but will be inducted one day. Perhaps it will be in 30-50 years from today. But I do believe it will occur.

That DEFINITELY isn't going to happen for quite awhile. The actual Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame doesn't subscribe to WWE and it's audience. So while WWE and its fans will have tons of nostalgia, sympathy, and emotions toward Edge and the end of his career, thus resulting in a possible quick induction into the WWE HOF, that won't be the case with the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame. If Edge were to get inducted, it would be in it's "Modern Era" category, and that category has barely even touched the 1990's, let alone the 2000's which was when Edge was at his peak. Bret Hart is the only major wrestler to emerge in the 1990's that has been inducted. Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, Sting, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Mick Foley are some of the big time '90s stars that have yet to be inducted. Edge won't have a prayer of being inducted ahead of those guys. In the WWE HOF possibly. The actual Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, which is the most legimate Hall of Fame in pro wrestling, no chance.

On top of all that, the PWHOF has actual criteria to when a wrestler is eligible for the HOF, unlike the WWE (which is basically based on who Vince wants to induct). The criteria states that a wrestler only become eligible when they pass away, or reach the age of 50 years old. So Eddie Guerrero, and Chris Benoit are wrestlers for example who could get inducted (though it's unlikely) beings they are deceased. But Edge on the other hand isn't even 40 years old. So it won't be for at least a decade before he becomes eligible (unless he passes away before then which I of course hope doesn't happen).

Of all the wrestlers to emerge out of the '90s Sting, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall are a few who are currently eligible. Stone Cold, the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and Mick Foley will be eligible in about 3-5 years. The Rock, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Triple H, Kurt Angle, etc. have at least a decade to go.

That's a pretty stupid question of course edge will go in the hall of fame with 31 titles I think he will be inducted by christian no doubt I think he will be inducted next time wm is in Canada WM 29?

I had such an amazing day with my partner and I come home to this. I am full of mixed emotions over it. Edge was one of my favorites - I loved him, Christian, the Hardyz and the Dudley's from their WM triangle ladder match and TLC match when I really got heavily involved in wrestling.

Edge without a shadow of a doubt is a Hall of Famer. I don't think that he should be inducted next year. I too would hold off until Toronto gets Wrestlemania. I would then make him the centerpiece of the Hall of Fame class for that year along with Owen Hart.

I'll admit to crying and feeling sick when I heard the news. WOW!

I don't think it's a matter of when but where.

I think if WWE has plans to have Mania in Canada anytime soon then that would be the perfect time to induct Edge into the Hall of Fame.

They could make it a bit of a Canadian theme inducting people like Chris Jericho, Trish Stratus, Possibly Christian depending on what he does betweeen now & then & of course Owen Hart.

There is no doubt Edge is a WWE Guy he has always been a WWE Guy and some may not agree but he desrves the same treatment as guys like Austin,Rock he needs to be head on a HoF class. This is a horrible lose for WWE he was one of them guys that could be heel/face and always put on a great match . But im glad he retired before any thing happend to him health wise.

Im sure we will see edge back in the WWE for surprise spots and maybe even a role on TV

Edge you will be missed and are one of the best in WWE History

i see him going in next year purely because of the way he left, being medical. i think otherwise it could of waited a year or two, but i feel sorry for him, watching him compete made me thinkhe still had at least 2-3 years left, the way have gave in his matches

he will go into the HOF..just not next year..thats the Rocks year

Expect WM to return to Toronto soon, since toronto was a finalist for WM28, and when that happens, expect edge and trish to be inducted

If Drew Carey could get in, the entire WWE universe (Superstars, mid-card stars, jobbers, every celebrity that ever appeared, each individual fan) should get in.

Well actually we're all behind one man who made a grand entrance and got to tag with Shawn Michaels in his one and only match..........GOD!!!!

In all seriousness Edge will go in either next year or if Mania is in Toronto for WM29, which would be fair. I'm just glad he's going to be going in while he's got the use of all his limbs, instead of carrying on and ending up going in the HOF sitting in a wheelchair or as a dead dude

Without a doubt Edge will be a hall of fame member. I don't think it'll be any time soon, there are a lot of other big names that can go in. Which is my main beef with the celeb wing & them just not getting a life time achievement award.

I think Edge even is the person that comes to my mind when I think of the World Heavyweight Championship.

Look all you really need to say is "he has won more championships in the WWE than any superstar ever". Even if he's not deserving of that accolade, which even his fans I'm sure will admit to, it is an accomplishment that easily then merits HOF status.

The last decade, he was one of the best, no doubt about it.. He has soo many belts under his name, he has worked some great matches, put us on the edge of out seats, liked or hated, he will be going into the HoF, I'm not too fussed about when, bt maybe give it a few years, or when Mania is hosted in Toronto again, I see that in a few years time anyway..

I voted for within the next two years. I see it happening when they go to Toronto for WM. Next year I see it being a big FL deal with hopefully The Rock AND Savage both inducted, Scott Hall, Luna Vachon ect being in that class. Doing the HoF with Edge in Canada at the home of the Skydome would be fitting as can be, especially if Vince can work out the HOF deal with Warrior like he's been trying, not only because that's where U.W. won the belt but because Edge has said numerous times how much that match meant to him including last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back