Mick Foley: The Main Event Maker!

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
Mick Foley is'nt your normal WWE Wrestler he doesnt have the body and his moveset is limited at best but this guy has been big in helping guys look legit Main Eventers or even keep them looking great on top for Example Mick Was a big part on making The Rock look like a legit bad ass heel back in late 98 and early 99 through their hardcore style matches I Quit, Empty Arena Matches, Last Man Standing Matches and Ladder Matches so if Mick wouldnt of took the bumps he did and let Rock look like a legit tuff guy in those matches would he of be a elgit treat to Austin back in 1999 WM?

so here is a List of guys I think Mick has also either made, gave the biggest push too and look like true main eventers

Triple H ( RR2000, NWO2000)
Randy Orton(WM20,Backlash 2004)
Edge(WM22)

I know is abit out their but Mick was a big part in keeping Undertakers character fresh and look like a bad ass at times their feuds in 96,97, and 98 were really big on keeping the deadman charactor from getting stale because Mick brought different dimentions to it before the Mankind Character was born taker would do his usual moveset and that but when Mick arrived we saw Taker get more hardcore in his matches and really look like he didnt care about anyone so can anyone think of any other guys Mick was a big part of their Career?

I think the same thing, Foley wasn't the most gifted athlete or the best phisique, but the guy had that it that kept people in the edge of their seats, because he was very unpredictible, you never know when or how he was coming at you, and also you never knew as who he was coming at you, that was also a lot of fun, you never know if he was coming as Mankind, Dude Love, or Cactus Jack, as Mankind, he was a part of the Undertaker's success, because at the time, there was no real threat to him until out of the blue Mankind tried to take him out, and they had a lot of great matches, as Dude Love he was a lot of fun to watch, very entertaining, and as Cactus Jack, he definitly helped Triple H's carreer, he made Triple H look like a real cerebral assasin, they both took eachother to the limit, and he really made Triple H go through hell to defend his belt, and that match really elevated Triple H's career to the moon, and as Mick Foley, he helped Edge to cement his career, that match was definitly Wrestlemania worthy, and of course, who can forget the Rock and Sock connection, i remember it was fun because Mankind did everything the Rock didn't wanted him to do, like one time they were supose to have a last match together against the New Age Outlaws who were tag team champions at the time, and the Rock was just basicly waiting for the math to end so he wouldn't have to team with Mankind again, and all of a sudden, Mankind pinned Billy Gunn to become the tag team champions, and the Rock was upset, that was a lot of fun, so to wrap it up, Mick Foley did made or helped guys elevate their careers.......

I agree too. Mick was basically the guy that catapulted HHH into being the top heel of his time. i also agree that Mick did help the Undertaker a lot. I don't know if Taker would have gotten stale, but his feuds with Mich definitely brought a new side to his character. Edge proved he could hang with the hardcore legend, and their match at Mania made Edge look like gold. Orton same deal. One more that I thought of was The New Age Outlaws. I know they were already champs, but they are another example of guys who took it to the next level when facing Mick and his partner Terry "Chainsaw Charlie" Funk. Mick has definitely helped his share guys solidify their main event status over the course of his career.

Triple H owes his career to Mick Foley.
Foley made him look way way better than he was

Triple H is the most overrated guy of this generation, his promo's were horrible, and he pretty much got the super cena treatment of never losing cleanly for a 5 year period

I would argue that Mick Foley helped make the the Rock and the Undertaker as well. Everybody compares the Rock and Austin when talking about the wrestler who excelled during the Attitude Era the most, well it was the Rock cheating and beating the hell out of Mankind all the time and just being an all around shady bastard that made us want to see Austin whoop his ass. Mankind was the ultimate underdog, anyone who couldn't get behind him clearly doesn't have a soul. Then after their brutal feud when they decided to team up as the Rock and Sock Connection, well that ended up being leading to the highest ratings of all time so people obviously liked what they saw. The Undertaker on the other hand was obviously popular as shit already, but I would say Mankind was his first real competition and the matches they had were not only the most exciting of the first half of Taker's career but maybe in his entire career.

I would argue he helped make the Undertaker, the Rock, Triple H, Randy Orton, Edge and the New Age Outlaws. That's just in WWE, in ECW I would say he helped make the Sandman, Mikey Whipwreck, Tommy Dreamer and Raven as well.

Oddly enough, I was going to make this exact same thread like two days ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back