POSSIBLE, POSSIBLE, POSSIBLE Indicator Samoa Joe Signing With WWE?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Maybe I'm reaching or reading too much into something that's really nothing, but I came across a picture Samoa Joe posted to Twitter earlier this week and it has me wondering if he's seriously headed to WWE.

Since Joe left TNA, we've all read reports of Triple H allegedly being a big fan of Joe's work and reports that Joe is probably headed to WWE. The thing that's always been talked about whenever discussions of Joe coming to WWE are brought up is Joe's physique in that he definitely doesn't fit the sort of physical ideal Vince McMahon prefers and how it might hinder Joe if he came to WWE. Cosmetically, Triple H seems to be far more open minded than Vince as some of the top guys he's signed over the past few years definitely don't fit Vince's mold either. Plus, we've also heard various rumors over the years of TNA officials repeatedly wanting Joe to drop weight only for him to refuse.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0516/594346/samoa-joe-in-great-shape/

While Joe's covered up and all, he definitely looks slimmer and has a lot more muscle tone to is arms than I cam recall seeing. If the pic hasn't been doctored, then maybe the various stories of Joe being asked by TNA officials to drop weight have no substance to them, plus we all know that Vince wants whomever wrestles for him to have a decent look about him.

I dunno, the timing of the picture just struck me being kinda convenient, especially since Joe's never really looked like the kinda guy who pumps iron; he's always been in good shape when it comes to cardio, but he's looking more ripped than I've seen him.

My question...Will and should WWE acknowledge his time in TNA???

WWE seems to hate TNA and tries to constantly bury it or not mention it at all. However, with someone like Samoa Joe he became a legend in TNA.

So IF he comes to WWE he should be treated kind of like Sting. Not as a part-timer but as a legend from another top promotion who has FINALLY signed with WWE. Seeing how they've already acknowledge his brief appearances before.

He is about 38 years old. In life, thats pretty young, but in the wrestling business that makes you an older caveman. So he won't have a full career.

However, he should be treated like a legend/icon/veteran and not as a "new guy."

Recognizing TNA devalues the WWE. The WWE has spent 30+ years trying to distinguish between territory or "Independent" wrestling and Sports Entertainment. Acknowledging TNA provides a zero benefit, and actually harms the WWE product. They shouldn't ever really say anything about someone's past besides "Traveled the world as a top tier wrestler."

My question...Will and should WWE acknowledge his time in TNA???
They'll probably mention how he spent years on the independent circuit working for different promotions. I don't think they'll mention TNA, they'll probably mention how he wrestled in Japan and stuff.

You might be reaching a tad Jack, but what does one do when about to sign with a major wrestling promotion? Get freaking jacked. Look at the differences between Sting's body when last seen in TNA and first seen in WWE, Stinger cut a lot of weight. This could be a sign.

If Joe wasn't WWE bound, would we not have heard a GFW announcement? Not sure what Joe and Jarrett's working relationships is like, but Joe would be a guy to build a new promotion around and Jarrett would have offered him a ton of money.

WWE won't acknowledge TNA, although they have referenced the indie experience of guys like Owens and Zayn, and the international experience of guys like Itami and Balor.

Speaking of Itami, he's only two years younger than Joe. Adam Rose is one year younger. John Cena is two years older. Undertaker is almost 50, Sting is well past that. Stone Cold Steve Austin was really only with WWE from 1996 to 2002 as a regular competitor, at least a year of that he was on the shelf. If Joe debuts at 36 and wrestles until he's 46, we will have had more time with Samoa Joe in WWE than we did with Austin. Let that sink in.

WWE won't mention TNA by name, although I don't see why it would hurt. They could use some competition to incentivize them to improve their product. He'll get a new name and he'll do a tour of duty in NXT before hitting the main roster. WWE won't want to send the message that anyone is bigger than their developmental system.

Whatever the case, and I hope a WWE signing is imminent, Joe looks great and it's good to see him taking care of his body. Hopefully this leads to something and we see debut soon. I'd love to eat my words and Joe shows up out of nowhere and beats Cena for the US title or some kind of other crazy classic Monday Night Wars style shocking debut.

WWE will treat him the same way they have Daniel Bryan, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Adrian Neville. They won't insult people's intelligence and also they want to make sure they tell fans who havent seen him why fans are absolutely going nuts for the guy in his debut.

I don't think they'll mention TNA by name, but Joe's past success will definitely be brought up to explain why he's such a "big deal". The commentators will almost certainly talk about this "Independent wrestling icon", and about him travelling the world and winning championships. There will be a big pop if and when Joe makes his NXT but, so they'll want to explain to viewers why some fans are popping like crazy for this fella.

Personally, I'd like to hear them mention TNA and talk about Joe's success in the X Division and his run as World Heavyweight Champion, but its highly unlikely that will be the case. They won't want to give the publicity to a rival promotion.

Its been widely reported that he has indeed already signed. So. Yea.

The newly enhanced physique will surely help him in the wwe. Make me chuckle that he would never even think of putting forth such effort for TNA :lmao:

I don't think they'll mention TNA by name, but Joe's past success will definitely be brought up to explain why he's such a "big deal".

In a way, I compare how WWE might handle Joe's past to Dusty Rhodes program with WWE during his "polka dot" phase......and when it comes to body shape, that just might be an apt comparison. ;)

First, when you consider the number of people who came to WWE from other wrestling promotions whom Vince McMahon re-named, Dusty was one of the few who appeared under his original moniker. Second, I don't remember WCW or NWA ever being mentioned while Dusty was on WWE TV screens; his greatness was mentioned but no indication was given where it originated. Plus, there was certainly no edict for Dusty to lose weight before showing up in a WWE ring; the request probably would have assured he wouldn't come north.

I believe WWE might handle Samoa Joe the same way as Rhodes. Whether Joe would appear under his present name remains to be seen.....but I can't believe TNA would ever be mentioned while Joe struts around a WWE ring. His greatness will be implied, but as with Dusty Rhodes, if the viewer doesn't already know where that greatness was achieved, he'll be left to wonder for himself.

I read something on Bleacher Report indicating the current rumor is that Joe may actually appear at NXT Takeover this week, either in the #1 Contender match or some kind of stare-down with Owens after he presumably destroys Zayn again. I don't have any link or anything, and no idea on how credible the source was, but thought it was interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back