Pull the trigger on The New Day as this year's Money In The Bank winner

No. Just no. The New Day as the Money In the Bank winner would be an awful idea. There's trying something new, and then there's stupid ideas. This is a stupid idea.

The only member of The New Day who is even remotely close to being World Championship material is Kofi Kingston. The other two suck and should never be anywhere NEAR a World Championship. Sure, it could be interesting to see the briefcase be protected and used under Freebird Rules.... but if the cash-in is successful, does that mean all three of them are World Heavyweight Champion? That's STUPID. Woods and Big E aren't even good enough for the midcard belts (hated Big E's Intercontinental reign), let alone a world title reign. I'm 100% against this idea.

That doesn't mean I don't still hope to see Kofi win the World Heavyweight Championship some day though. If Kofi were to win Money In the Bank but ONLY Kofi is recognized as the briefcase holder, then that's different and I am fine with that. He actually does deserve a shot at some point.

The closer MITB gets, the more I fear Kane may win.

Despite my hatred of the entire Corporate Kane gimmick, I'll give the man his due. As of late, he has been very good on the mic as far as trolling Seth Rollins.

I would still hate it if he wins the case though. His best days in-ring our far behind him and he is not over enough as a performer anymore to be a headlining act. There is no-long term benefit from Kane holding the briefcase regardless of whether his cash in is successful.

Still, I fear Kane will win to further his angle with Seth Rollins and tease cash-ins on a weekly basis.

I really hope I am wrong. He is the only participant in the match I am actively rooting against.

Rainbow Yaz may be the result of my affliction of not paying for brand name prophylactics and my propensity toward trashy women but he can be right every now and again. The case is dull and Reigns would make it really dull. The image of Reigns walking to the ring with a brief case just doesn't work. If he wins the case, I don't see the fans revolting Rumble '15 style but I do see there being a collective groan coming from the smarky audience.

Yea that's what I'm worried about. All the good work that he's done since Mania might be gone.

I love the idea of Kofi winning and Woods thinking New Day has the case. That could set up a feud within New Day itself, and would be hilarious to watch. While Big E and Woods have settled into their roles, am I the only one who still thinks that Kofi looks just a tab uncomfortable out there with the boo's. Most if not all of his career he's been a face, and he's used to getting cheered, what a turnaround for him.

Maybe I'm just burned out on seeing Rollins carry that dammed case most of last year, but this would at least be fun watching New Day with it. And sometimes change is a good thing. If they are going to continue with this concept then changing it up is the best thing they can do.

I'd be for it, as long as WWE doesn't screw it up. I'm fine with Roman Reigns winning, but I have to admit that Reigns doesn't seem to have that much...I dunno, momentum going in? He seems too casual and laid back these days, when instead he should be intense and focused.

I find it strange that there isn't really a main antagonist in this match. Last year had 'Ambrose Vs Rollins', but this year the focus is on 'Reigns vs....'

Kane is in that weird spot where I can't really tell if he's heel or face, probably being more a heel-ish wildcard right now. Kane's beef has been primarily with Rollins and Reigns feels more like an afterthought. Sheamus being the primary antagonist would work, but he and Reigns haven't really done much together- which is a shame as I'd like to see them work a program. Randy Orton seems oddly irrelevant right now, very strange as he was recently a contender for the WHC.

When Big Show came back, at least it was treated like a quasi-big deal. When Orton came back, it was like WWE didn't care. He's being presented as a strong, but unimportant part of this match. Also, so much for 'back of the line'. Neville and Ziggler are just the flashy filler. I think Kofi is too, but I think the New Day will get involved and in some ways, he will be the biggest threat. But otherwise, it's not like there is a significant amount of tension between Reigns and New Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back