Request A Tutorial

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK guys, I am especially bored today so thought that I would do a tutorial for some of the rookies around these parts. However, I have o idea what I should do it on. So, with that being said, I need some ideas from you that I should do a tutorial on.

If you have ever saw something that you have wanted to try and would like to give a go, tell me what it is and try and get a picture of the effect. Anything will do and I will then try my best to come up with a good tutorial for you.

Do one on text. Maybe talking about effects that can add to a sig without being too flashy, like different bevel, overlay, or gradient effects.

Also, talk about placement, and finding fonts to fit the image, and color.

Just do a big old tutorial on how to make your text look nice within different sig styles, since you seem to have it down.

:)

EVERYONE: I thought this was a good idea so I've decided to make this thread the official Request A Tutorial thread! I know we have an Ask A Question thread but if there is a feature or effect someone has done that you don't understand, or would like to know how to do, you can ask here.

Sig makers! Please "claim" tutorials . That is, say you will do them. This way we don't get two people doing the same thing. And post them in the Photoshop or GIMP tutorial threads when you are finished.

I disagree with having to claim then, in all honesty. I think that having everyone showing how they reach an effect could show different ways of achieving the same end. Perhaps the people doing the tutorials would learn something new as well. That being said, I can see why we have that and if that is the way it has to be, then so be it.

I've already made several tutorials on how to make sigs using Photoshop and so has Dave, and they can all be found in the Photoshop Graphic Making Guides thread. TPP has also made a sig-making tutorial using GIMP which can be found in the main section. They're sticky threads.

I've already made several tutorials on how to make sigs using Photoshop and so has Dave, and they can all be found in the Photoshop Graphic Making Guides thread. TPP has also made a sig-making tutorial using GIMP which can be found in the main section. They're sticky threads.

hey there, I am new here and want to learn how to make a signature. I do not know what you are talking about here, and where to find this thread

So I've been trying to learn some new things on GIMP and I've been looking for some good ways to make a background using smudging. I've looked at tutorials online and cant find any good ones. So I was wondering if anyone on here can make a tutorial on how to use smudging to make a nice background, or one about good smudging techniques in general. I dont care if its a GIMP tutorial (which is highly unlikely) or a Photoshop tutorial. If its a photoshop tutorial, I'm sure I can find a way to translate it. Thanks.

I made one before, which you can find in the Photoshop Tutorial thread. I'm sure Dave's will be useful as well.

Yeah, Doc did one about smudging a render and the effects it can have on the signature in general, which is very helpful. I might make a simple one on how to make a decent background with smudging tonight after the football. Maybe tomorrow, who knows.

I would like to request three tutorials if i may.

1. i need a tut to show how to add animated rain type effects to a sig (or similar effect)

2. I need a tut on how to animate text

3. i need a tut on how to animate a userbar

Thanks in advance. For some reason i just cant find any good tuts on these subjects

Unfortunately Tatsujin, animated sigs are not allowed here, because they slow down the forums.

Who ever said it was for this forum? Please dont assume things like that thank you, I am requesting tutorials to learn how to do it not to use it for a sig here.

For fuck's sake, Stinger, you're not a mod!!! Stop being a dick and driving people away!

I don't think I ever made a text tutorial, SOM, but what is it you want to know?

For fuck's sake, Stinger, you're not a mod!!! Stop being a dick and driving people away!

I don't think I ever made a text tutorial, SOM, but what is it you want to know?

Just how to basically give the text good flow with the image. The only one i have seemed to have done that with is my infamous 2 one

Actually scratch that my former request. Can you show how to do how to use Layer Styles to enhance text. Not sure what it is but a friend told me to look into tutorials for that.

I'm sorry if this has been asked but I'm looking to make sigs that have pics in the letters one example was beccas hbk sig. Sorry if this was asked if there is a tut made can you point me in the right direction thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back