RIP WWE

No I dont think you understood my post.

AEW will never kill WWE. WWE has the monopoly on home wrestling and will always continue to dominate wrestling entertainment. However, AEW will take the second spot, springboarding well above Impact within just its first 2 shows.

This comes from someone that after the last PPV that WWE put out, decided he was done with the powerhouse company. I cannot deal with the love in for brock Lesnar anymore and I agree...I skip far too many segments. Tbh I dont even watch a weekly show anymore but I feel like with AEW, I could quite happily watch a weekly wrestling show.

I just dont see it ever killing WWE. AEW is the alternative wrestling show for a more adult audience as opposed to a more children's base.

WWE is going to kill WWE. It's imploding from the inside out as I type. The promotion is too damn big to sustain itself

I haven’t watched AEW’s “Double or Nothing” at this point, and I don’t think I will be ordering it, or any of All Elite Wrestling’s PPV’s until I see their product on TNT (I think that is what station will be airing their show) and I have a couple of episodes of their show under my belt, and I am interested in and captivated by the storylines for their wrestlers. I can’t come up with a good enough reason to shell out $50 for a PPV from an unproven company. The only reason I can understand from people is “It’s an alternative to WWE,” but still, FOR ME, that isn’t a good enough reason to buy the PPV. I still won’t say “AEW is a TShirt Company,” but, again, FOR ME, they’re an unproven brand, that have yet to gain my interest. Maybe I’m being a dummy, or maybe I’m being responsible with my cash. I don’t really know.

AEW should/will be happy to be an alternative to WWE and cement their place as No. 2 company before they declare any sort of war.

I couldn’t agree more. IT IS WAY TOO EARLY TO “DECLARE” WAR ON WWE. Seeing the posts on WrestleZone, and the posts/videos on Twitter of Cody taking a sledgehammer to “HHH’s Throne” was kind of lame, AND EARLY. I think it was to garner the cheapest of pops and the lamest of “headlines” (it did get me to watch a couple of 20 second clips of the PPV) and was a long way off to compare it to something to the likes of “D-Generation X Invades Monday Nitro,” or “Madusa Throws the Women’s WWF Championship Belt in the Trash Live on WCW’s Monday Nitro.”

I think they need a Randy Orton for the men and a Sasha Banks for the women.No diss to Ambrose/Moxley but he was like a Lex Luger,especially status wise being a mid card guy.They need a bigger woman name like Sasha/Mercedes (which they most likely will call her if she goes go there)because other than Allie and Asome Kong they have no big women names.And like I wrote above a Orton or even a Cena.Untill they do that they are just a alternative to Impact,which is good too without the major tv deal.
So I finally just finished Double or nothing and I have to say I was Impressed. The match put on by Cody and Dustin had to have been my favorite match of the night till that end segment(WOW) Not to mention they’ve got a few WWE hall of gamers involved with tonight’s show . I really enjoyed how they just took risks and just went for it. In my opinion WWE needs to step things up in a major way before they lose their fanbase . Long Story short long live AEW, RIP WWE.

The numbers don't lie and there is plenty of real interest in what AEW has to offer. And lack of star power? Did you hear the chants for wrestlers that have never appeared on WWE? You were probably in the camp of "AJ Styles would be a small fish in a big pond" if he ever went to WWE. And look where we are. WWE didn't make AJ Styles and right now he is one of the only saving graces they have in the current product. AEW will not kill WWE, WWE is currently killing itself. Are they going to go under anytime soon? No. I do like what yhe comparison to Six Flags to Disney Land. I want my rides fast and intense, no fluff. The kids and families can enjoy WWE and they can probably stay the same and float by like a college student that party's hard and never studies and is fine with getting C-'s. AEW never went to college and is coming at you with wrestling, straight up. I myself DVR WWE, I can't watch it live. I need to fast forward through probably more than half of it because its so lame, watered down, predictable and makes me cringe. I had confidence in the Firefly Funhouse. Four weeks into that and they turned gold to shit quick. When it comes down to it I will probably watch AEW in its entirety as long as it keeps this level up and WWE will be DVRed incase something I find entertaining is on like I do now. Will I make fun of people who stick with WWE? Probably, but only in jest. To each their own.

WWE is going to kill WWE. It's imploding from the inside out as I type. The promotion is too damn big to sustain itself

I think it has too many wrestlers as well.

But I think Vince would "future-endeavour" a few before it gets to the point you describe, and aren't some also wanting to leave to join AEW?

No matter what people thinks about AEW vs WWE. WWE will never die and isn't killing itself either. Yeah it lost some of the hardcore wrestling fanbase to AEW because let face it, that's the fanbase AEW is trying to get and for the most part they have them but what wwe as that other company don't is the ability to get younger fans interested in the product which is where the comparison to disney is applicable.

Disney as always be proud to be a prouduct for kids and families that how they where able to make their fortune and buy up pretty much everything that's big in pop culture today. WWE is that same thing, they made their fortune off the back of families and where able to buy pretty a lot of the big indy names in pro wrestling to create their own niche brand in NXT which is on the same level as AEW.

AEW will be number 2 for a long time because they have a loyal fanbase that will support them no matter what but nobody will kill wwe anytime soon not even wwe itself.

Also i wouldn't be surprise if vince decide to sell the company in the next few years if the price is right. I don't think they will do a complete overhaul of how creative is doing things because of lot of this is out of their control with the whole being a publicly traded company thing and how NXT isn't making money despite being such a over product, but they will probably twik the product so that everybody can get over like they did in the 80's. WWE as a sports entertainment family product is here to stay way after everybody on this board is dead and buried. I don't know if AEW will last that long but i hope that in 30, 40 years we can still go on and talk about how AEW is still a successful product and not a flash in the pan like so many other promotion have become before.

The numbers don't lie and there is plenty of real interest in what AEW has to offer. And lack of star power? Did you hear the chants for wrestlers that have never appeared on WWE? You were probably in the camp of "AJ Styles would be a small fish in a big pond" if he ever went to WWE. And look where we are. WWE didn't make AJ Styles and right now he is one of the only saving graces they have in the current product. AEW will not kill WWE, WWE is currently killing itself. Are they going to go under anytime soon? No. I do like what yhe comparison to Six Flags to Disney Land. I want my rides fast and intense, no fluff. The kids and families can enjoy WWE and they can probably stay the same and float by like a college student that party's hard and never studies and is fine with getting C-'s. AEW never went to college and is coming at you with wrestling, straight up. I myself DVR WWE, I can't watch it live. I need to fast forward through probably more than half of it because its so lame, watered down, predictable and makes me cringe. I had confidence in the Firefly Funhouse. Four weeks into that and they turned gold to shit quick. When it comes down to it I will probably watch AEW in its entirety as long as it keeps this level up and WWE will be DVRed incase something I find entertaining is on like I do now. Will I make fun of people who stick with WWE? Probably, but only in jest. To each their own.

A bunch of chants at an indy show are pretty irrelevant. AEW has no household names or stars, WWE has them all. WWE and WrestleMania are synonymous with wrestling, it’s literally impossible to compete with this at this point. Any talk of competition with WWE in wrestling is laughable to anyone outside the wrestling bubble.

Firefly Funhouse is fine. You provided no proof of any issues with it outside your biased dislike of WWE.

I would argue that this thread should be titled 'RIP Impact Wrestling" as I feel that is more likely to be a casualty if AEW is successful.

AEW might replace Impact as the No. 2 wrestling company.

IMPACT hasn't been number 2 in years, i feel like if AEW is successful, IMPACT will be a casualty but so is ROH and maybe MLW as well.

A bunch of chants at an indy show are pretty irrelevant. AEW has no household names or stars, WWE has them all. WWE and WrestleMania are synonymous with wrestling, it’s literally impossible to compete with this at this point. Any talk of competition with WWE in wrestling is laughable to anyone outside the wrestling bubble.

Firefly Funhouse is fine. You provided no proof of any issues with it outside your biased dislike of WWE.

Jericho and Moxley aren't household names? I don't know who's a bigger moron, you or Aquaman.

Jericho and Moxley aren't household names? I don't know who's a bigger moron, you or Aquaman.
Um no they arent lol. Nobody, outside of wrestling fans, has any clue who Moxley is!

Jericho is more known but he still isn't a household name. The only active household names is probably John Cena. Brock is close but I'm not even sure if he is.

If you actually believe WWE is in serious trouble, you have mental problems.
Record low ratings that are consistently dropping on a weekly basis, live attendance dropping at both tv and house shows. They are in trouble but it's just not caused by AEW.

Although I can't see AEW really challenging WWE, they did beat WWEs ppv numbers with double or nothing. That's pretty impressive but I don't think they'll keep up those numbers.

Record low ratings that are consistently dropping on a weekly basis, live attendance dropping at both tv and house shows. They are in trouble but it's just not caused by AEW.

Although I can't see AEW really challenging WWE, they did beat WWEs ppv numbers with double or nothing. That's pretty impressive but I don't think they'll keep up those numbers.

They beat WWE's PPV numbers, which since 2014 essentially means "the small number of fans who don't have the WWE Network." PPV numbers are completely irrelevant to WWE now.

So I finally just finished Double or nothing and I have to say I was Impressed. The match put on by Cody and Dustin had to have been my favorite match of the night till that end segment(WOW) Not to mention they’ve got a few WWE hall of gamers involved with tonight’s show . I really enjoyed how they just took risks and just went for it. In my opinion WWE needs to step things up in a major way before they lose their fanbase . Long Story short long live AEW, RIP WWE.

At this point TNA in 2010 was far ahead than AEW today. You’re way overreacting after just one show. WWE doesn’t need to “step up” when it’s a household name with all of the current draws in the business. The WWE fanbase is going nowhere and any lost fans will just stop watching wrestling.

Dont think AEW will kil off ROH they got a strong good show but impact will go as MLW is better than impact and ive watched impact since it started

Just the attendance number for roh lately. They are atrocious especially the non NJPW show. The ROH product while good isn't attracting the fans anymore. They are at IMPACT level of popularity at the moment and they only think that is saving them right now is their relationship with NJPW. When NJPW decide to split with ROH and either go on their own or join with AEW, ROH is done.

They beat WWE's PPV numbers, which since 2014 essentially means "the small number of fans who don't have the WWE Network." PPV numbers are completely irrelevant to WWE now.

I'm going off figures pre-Network. Bar the big 4 WWE have struggled to break 200k buys since the early to mid 00's. It was a rare occurance and AEW did it on their 2nd event.

I'm going off figures pre-Network. Bar the big 4 WWE have struggled to break 200k buys since the early to mid 00's. It was a rare occurance and AEW did it on their 2nd event.

AEW didn't break 200k buys. The estimated number is somewhere in the ballpark of 98,000 to 115,000, making it the highest buyrate of any non WWE or WCW show. Which is still a fantastic number for a brand new promotion, especially in a time where most wrestling fans are spoiled with their $10/mth options. But they still have an uphill climb in front of them.

For me personally, I won't feel compelled to watch WWE anymore once AEW is a weekly program. I've been a long lapsed fan and while I still tune in to WWE, it's not because I really enjoy it. I only enjoy very small portions that keep me barely hanging on every week.
Most of the product is stale, watered down, underwhelming garbage.
I feel like only having 2 hours of AEW a week will keep it fresh. Stories will be to the point, shows won't have the loads of fluff and filler that WWE has, and because of just one 2 hour show a week, I will be left with a sense of "wanting more" when the shows end.

WWE is what it is now and there is no "quick fix" that they can employ. The damage they have caused to their own product over the last 10 years in particular, will take SO MUCH time and effort and long term planning to repair. I don't have the faith that they could or even have the desire to make the hard stance changes that would really turn things around.
They are still turning profits and selling out arenas and making tons a $$. That is all well and good for them, more power to them. But come October, AEW will be my primary source to get my weekly fix of wrestling.

You could watch NXT aswell, that's the opposite of the main roster for the most part

For the original poster saying RIP WWE, not going to happen, WWE has more lives than a cat and have bounced back time and again. Competition is the key, the WWE hasn't quite been the same since the end of WCW..

They went publicly traded after that, that's the primary reason for the bulk of the change. Parents buying merch for there kids, sells more then other demographics clearly. Obviously lack of competition/complatency and over exposure plays a part too, but they have to be PC to cater to shareholders and major advertisers plus the networks they want to air dictate what they can and can't do and to some extent who gets a push, heaven forbid someone should say something remotely naughty, someone will piss and moan and advertisers could pull out etc.

Saying that, Vince is clearly well out of touch with reality and i do hope that AEW's emergence does change things for the better overall for all parties.

They went publicly traded after that, that's the primary reason for the bulk of the change. Parents buying merch for there kids, sells more then other demographics clearly. Obviously lack of competition/complatency and over exposure plays a part too, but they have to be PC to cater to shareholders and major advertisers plus the networks they want to air dictate what they can and can't do and to some extent who gets a push, heaven forbid someone should say something remotely naughty, someone will piss and moan and advertisers could pull out etc.

Saying that, Vince is clearly well out of touch with reality and i do hope that AEW's emergence does change things for the better overall for all parties.

It won't change a thing i feel because of all the reasons you mentioned. WWE is a publicly traded company, so they don't have the creative liberty they once had. That's also Why HHH hasn't fully taken over the company because while Vince does see him as his successor, The shareholders and advertisers don't really see it. It doesn't help that NXT is in the red every year even if it's becoming more and more popular.

You also mention how the network pretty much control what WWE does. The perfect example is Raw becoming a three hour show. Let's face it, if it wasn'T for USA telling them they want a third hour of raw every week, Raw would have return to the 2 hour format a longtime ago.

The others thing is that it's more of a family product now then it once was which is why the booking doesn't work well for the older audience especially us living in this wrestling bubble.

So do i thing WWE will change when AEW become a bigger thing? Unless AEW steal some of the A level sponsors away from them, no i don't think it will. It might light a fire in HHH to make NXT more interesting and find a way to get a bigger audience to see the show but as far as the main roster is concern, i don't see anything changing as i feel Vince and everybody else in the company don't see AEW as been in the same business as they are. In Vince's mind, he's in the entertainment business and AEW is in the Wrestling business which is 2 completely different things.

I am a lapsed fan. I was such a big wrestling fan as a teen, I co ran a wrestling website, ive had press passes to early czw events and I was really into everything wrestling. Life happened and I totally just stopped watching television and I was out all the time.I grew up in the attitude era. I went to wrestlemania 15 when I was 12 going on13.I loved wrestling, it was all so cool. I grew up in philly going to ecw shows at 10 years old. That is what was fun for me. Todays kids that watch wrestling arent in the same numbers, a lot of kids think wrestling is corny and uncool. That was not the case for me, so wwe can not say we are marketing towards kids bc you are offending the kids when saying that, kids dont think its cool either and it is killing the business. Im 32 now and in the past 2 years I found myself getting back into wrestling again. WWE didnt draw me back, what was going on in the indys made me take notice to wrestling again. ROH, New Japan got me interested again I started watching WWE and i kind of accepted that this is what wwe is nowadays and i watched it for what it was. In the past 8-12 months it has been horribly bad that I started questioning myself even watching it. My family memberrs make fun of me for watching and i have to go on youtube and say no look, here, watch this, this is cool. Its hard to be a wwe fan as an adult. So the elite along with several other wrestlers really got me interested in wrestling again. AEW definitely tapped into something different than ever before. AEW starting out strong is only going to grow more fans interest now that i can text my old wrestling buddies like,hey you see aew.. These guys tapped into a different audience and I hope they continue with success because WWE is like 1995-96 wwf. The same bubbling was going on outside of wwf back then an alternative, ECW was brewing. People were tired of the crap wwf and ECW came along with an alternative that changed the business. I am really hoping that is what happens here with AEW. I hope what we are seeing here is a paradigm shift like Moxley said. I hope we are witnessing the wrestling business changing to something different and its going to grow so strong that it ends up forcing WWE to provide something more edgy. The wrestling business is adapting to more strong style, actual legit wrestling,quality matches and huge personalities on the outside of wwes current raw and smackdown product. NXT captured that same audience. When i got back into wrestling NXT was a huge reason why I became a fan again. They are awesome,they are letting the wrestlers personalities show unlike the main roster under vince where vince is in control of your character and not your character. Right now wwe has their next stone cold ,triple h and the rock already on their roster. They are just currently not doing anything special under the names rocky maivia and the ringmaster and hunter hearst helmsley. Once WWF allowed guys to be themselves is when we witnessed the rock,triple h and stone cold. AEW is going to succeed and be highly competitive when guys are competing for that top spot,it becomes more personal and real to the wrestlers when they are in charge of sinking or swimming.

A ridiculous comment. Ambrose is completely unknown in the mainstream, especially under his new name. Jericho is unknown as well. He admitted himself that he tried to launch an acting career, no one knew who he was. That’s why his comedy show couldn’t even get a TV deal outside his hometown’s local channel. At best he’s “that guy from when Austin and Rock were around is still wrestling? Isn’t he like 60?”

A ridiculous comment. Ambrose is completely unknown in the mainstream, especially under his new name. Jericho is unknown as well. He admitted himself that he tried to launch an acting career, no one knew who he was. That’s why his comedy show couldn’t even get a TV deal outside his hometown’s local channel. At best he’s “that guy from when Austin and Rock were around is still wrestling? Isn’t he like 60?”

I agree with you somewhat as i agree the Ambrose/Moxley isn't a known in the mainstream. Out of the 3 shield members he's the marty Jannety of the bunch. But Jericho i feel is a little bit more well known in the mainstream, not just because of his wrestling career which was very successful, but also because of his music career which is really starting to get going as well. His show was pick up by CBC in Canada not because they wanted to air it on their network but because they needed some content for their youtube channel and Jericho was a big enough star to go and help that network. He's been on mainstream tv in the past as well. Don'T forget that he was on Dancing with the stars so that was some big exposure to a crowd that didn't know who he was. So Jericho might not be on the Level of Rock, Cena or Even batista as far as The mainstream is concern but he'S still pretty known by the mainstream and that'S why they really should use that fact to their advantage and make him to face of the company for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back