Ronda Rousey

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
A little while ago it was announced Ronda Rousey would star and play herself in adaptation of her autobiography. Shortly after that, plans for Rousey to star in a remake of Roadhouse 1989 were announced, and production is set to start in 2016.

More recently, Rousey had bit parts and supporting roles in The Expendables 3, Entourage, and Furious 7. Her fight scene with Michelle Rodriguez is one of the highlights in Furious 7, and although the PG-13 rating really hurt TE3, she was decent enough in the movie. Now Rousey has two leading roles on deck, and her star power as a draw will be put to the test. So I guess the next big question is, does Ronda Rousey have what it takes to be a true Hollywood movie star?

Rousey has developed a pretty big fan following, and I have some doubts about her holding her own in a leading role, but I think she‘ll be okay, if the powers that be can find a way to mask her faults on the acting side of things. Keep Rousey in her comfort zone, as this destructive ass kicking machine, who mauls her adversaries, because that’s what people want to see.

The biopic should have a solid run at the box office, and it’ll be a measuring stick for the future. The Roadhouse remake? I honestly don’t understand why Hollywood felt the need to go to the well for this one. Roadhouse is a cult classic, so of course you’ll have to deal with complaints from fans of the original, and the movie itself is the epitome of a cheesy 80’s B-movie.

As far as Rousey reaching the level of a true movie mega star, if that happens, it’ll take some time. Rousey and the powers that be in Hollywood are smart to strike while the iron is hot, but I have a hard time picturing Rousey bursting onto the scene as an overnight sensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back