Tell us who should or should not be the ABC Party's candidate

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
Use this thread to express your opinion on the ABC Party's potential candidates. You can discuss yourself, someone else from your party, or even someone from a different party.

So The Peoples Party of Moderation have made it through alongside The ABC Party and all those who questioned Ba-Bombs choice to merge with the ABC can surley see why the choice was made and how we now still exist in the company of another great party...The ABC Party. We are all as one and I will look upon every member here equally in hope that ABC original members will do the same with us PPM members. We all sing from the same sheet and want the same things so there is no reason not to

I have put myself foward as a candidate with little hope of success but as the saying goes "why not". If I or another lesser known poster got through it truely would be a huge step in the direction of the people and everything our party stands for. I have the time and ability to do you all proud and to represent the down trodden, the ignored, those who have yet to express your voices due to being mocked or not allowed to. I will do all I can to gather the peoples opinions, views, cries and information though voting polls, pms and common sense and do all I can to get you what you require (aslong as it's within the realms of reason and something that improves things for all). It's not a war between us and them because I don't want us and them..I want everybody on the board to be treated as, viewed as and feel comfortable enough to act as an equal. This is an internet wrestling forum...not a dictatorship. I would like to mod one of three forums... Music, Old School or General Wrestling.

I live for music. am in a band and have been for many years. I have many friends in the music business some of which are high up the ladder. I have a huge wealth of musical knowledge and am very open minded when it comes to genres. I will not lie and say I listen to all forms of music...I listen to very few mainstream bands/artists around right now but I have a vast knowledge of underground scenes and would hope to introduce many news bands/artists into music lovers lives. I hope to keep the forum ticking over in a fun discussable manner by introducing fresh topics and fun interactive activites. If all goes well and people are up for expressing themselves throough music I have ideas I would like to acomplish in the future...Wrestlezones very own music LP, music competitions etc...

As for Old School wrestling I post in that forum more than any other and would be over the moon to mod such a place. I am all about Old School wrestling and have like most been watching from a very young age. The topics in there are more hit than miss and it is run very well as it is but being part of the mod team in that forum would be amazing. I think people throw their weight around a bit and are too quick to shut things down when they seem to be going well...I would like to question that process and change it.

I would like to make the General Wrestling forum more about..well "general wrestling" and try to get some more sub forums in there in which aspects of wrestling outside the "big boys" are looked at and discussed. Smaller promotions, British and European Wrestling promotions.

Like I said I will not be holding my breath as far as getting anywhere goes and I do have other candidates that I will be getting behind. Ba-Bomb being one of them. Before I discuss exactly who I would first like to see who wants it and who doesn't. I have a few from both the PPM and ABC who I would like to see in power to represent us, the people.

Let us use this thread to just clarify our position. For those members who are not interested in contesting for the primaries, please state the same here.

I am not interested in competing in the primaries.

First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the members of the Wrestlezone forums who have decided to become a part of The ABC Party for the upcoming First Wrestlezone Forums Election. Over the last week or so, I think we have put together a tremendous team of posters, and regardless of how it all plays out, we should produce an excellent candidate for the election to determine our newest mod, and I sincerely hope that whoever that person turns out to be, he or she is successful in the general election and becomes our newest moderator. Whether people arrived here by way of my original invitation to the party, or they decided to join by their own decision, or ended up here as the result of a merge, the bottom line is still the same. I hope that whoever we select receives the full endorsement of the entire ABC Party, which will be essential if the person is to be successful in the election and defeat the other two candidates who, let's face it, are going to be top notch posters in their own regard. Let's keep the discussion spirited but above board, and select someone well suited for the position.

Myself, I first joined the Forums way back in 2007, on a whim, never really expecting to stick around, hence the somewhat lame username (which I now choose to keep for consistency sake). I didn't post a whole lot in 2007, and even less in 2008, but began to post more regularly in 2009. The more time I spent here, the more I enjoyed it, and here we are now, almost 2012, 1300 non spam posts later, and I feel I am ready to give a moderator position a shot.

Why do I feel I would make a suitable mod? I feel I have always been respectful of my fellow posters, not getting bogged down with flaming, trolling, or whatnot. I think this attitude has served my well in assembling this party. I think it has allowed me to interact favorably with my fellow posters, even including such guys as Coco who I occasionally bump heads with, but still manage to keep things relatively clean. If I were to become a mod, I think this attitude would serve me well in interacting with my fellow posters, but would also be an asset in interacting with the rest of the staff.

Having said all of this, cue the implosion, the stabbing in the back, the cutthroat actions which, as I've read all week, are going to destroy the ABC Party. Well guess what, I said it wouldn't happen, and it won't. I went into this process with mutual respect for the rest of the party and I still have that, so I won't throw any of them under the bus as I attempt to become a mod. I'm not going to come in here now and strip Dagger Dias down and suggest he'd make a poor VG & T mod, because that simply would not be true. He'd be an excellent mod, and he's a great poster who doesn't deserve half of the bullshit that gets thrown his way. I'm not going to be foolish enough to now suggest that Big Sexy would be a horrible Sports mod, because we all know that simply wouldn't be true either; he is a very knowledgeable sports enthusiast who would also be a superb mod. I can continue on down the list with lots of people in my party, but I think I will let these guys do their own campaigning. Simply put, I am not suggesting to be any better than any of the party. In fact there are a few of them frankly who I think would make a better mod than I would, except they have chosen to not seek the position. But amongst a team of worthy opponents, I think I stack up reasonably well. I won't strip any of them down,because I'm no better than most of them, but I do feel I am as good as them and as such, am as deserving of a shot at this as they are.

What would I like to do? Clearly my preference and my strength lies in non-spam wrestling. That's what brought me here in the first place, and that's what keeps me coming back. Sure, I love sports, and I enjoy music, but the area which I would like to moderate is the non-spam wrestling area. My first love is obviously WWE, but with three very effective mods already in place doing a damn fine job, I don't really think a fourth one is completely necessary. So what I would like to do is co-moderate the non-spam TNA section, with my good buddy IDR.

What? Habs as a TNA mod, but he is so critical of TNA all the time and blasts it every chance he gets! Somewhat true, but that's the point. I think it would be really interesting to have two mods for this increasingly busy section, one from a very pro perspective, and one from a less positive and somewhat more realistic one. Two guys coordinating discussion, generating feedback, from diametrically opposite ends of the spectrum. Sort of a good cop bad cop situation. Because even as I'm sure IDR and others would tell you, while my opinions of TNA may not always be popular with them, I am able to back them up with logical perspectives. My opinions may not always be positive, and can sometimes be frustrating to some, but they are never trolling, they are never flaming, they are typically respectful, and I think they would bring a different dimension to the discussions. Not to mention the fact that IDR is overworked in this area and as fabulous a job as he consistently does, I think he could use a second set of eyes and hands. So that is the pitch I am making. hatehabsforever to be the newest non-spam wrestling moderator, co-moderating the TNA subsection.

What would I not do? There are loads of sections I simply would be I'll equipped to provide much of anything. MMA, VG &T, WZCW, and others, they're just not my thing, and that's fine, because those sections are completely under control anyway and my input is neither required nor requested. I have been reading some people's perspectives on here about how they would overhaul pretty much every section of the forums. Simply put, that is the function of the administrators, and some people have been overshooting what they would be required to do. While I would certainly be available to discuss or provide input for the forums in general, I simply do not see the need to do KB's and Sly's jobs for them. The forums do not need a major overhaul, I think in fact they are functioning quite nicely. I would be planning to come on board primarily to co-mod my one section and to provide input and opinions elsewhere when/if asked by staff, but otherwise, I would leave the other sections to their own moderators, the global mods, and the admins.

Personally I do not feel there is any need for a spam moderator. To the best of my knowledge, there has not been one for some time if ever, and that section consistently rocks and is clearly one of the favorites. No reason to reinvent the wheel here. The lack of rules, the lack of structure, the relaxed nature of this forum is what makes it great. There is no shortage of discussion being driven. There are few rules to enforce. There is no need for a moderator here, and I do not say that in a negative way at all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's my thought of the spam section. Coco does a tremendous job in there now of beginning and sustaining discussion. He does not have to have a bolded name to do so. In fact, bolding his name by default would have to mean he would have to change from his current character and style, which would be a shame, or he would not be able to do his job properly in this section.

In closing, all I ask is to consider all of the options. Look at longevity here on the forums. Look at need. Look at knowledge, personality, and all of the other factors that go into making an effective mod. I hope you all will do so and consider me favorably, as I would love to represent the ABC Party in this upcoming election. But if not, please stay true to the Party, and select someone from the ABC party who can become the newest forum moderator.

I am not interested in running for mod. I will however, support the party's choice, regardless of who it is. I don't doubt that I have the capability to be a mod, however I used to be a mod over a decade ago when MSN still had their chatrooms, and I held the hammer for a while in their football rooms. I decided a long time ago that I would rather just be one of the posters, without having to worry about anything else.

As of this time, I lean towards Dagger Dias in the non-spam/non-wrestling section. There are currently 3 unmodded areas there, Movies & Television, the Sports Stadium and Video Games & Technology. That seems to be the biggest need for me. I would also support Big Sexy for Sports Stadium mod as a secondary choice, he is the cog that makes that wheel turn. The Sports Stadium is his unofficial domain already...Ideally I would like to see one mod be able to cover all three unmodded sections if possible. Those three combined shouldn't be too much for one mod to handle, they aren't as busy.

This is absolutely nothing against Habs, who would make a fantastic mod, but in my opinion, the non-spam wrestling sections have capable mods, and I don't know if adding another would be necessary. My line of thinking on that is basically "if it aint broke..." Habs is running primarily to be an additional mod where there is already a capable mod, while Dagger and Sexy would be filling in a completely vacant slot if chosen. I would like to see holes filled first, before reinforcing existing areas, that's all. In the long run, no matter who we select as our candidate, they will be a great choice, but it's like having to choose between tacos, a bacon cheeseburger or pizza...you love them all, but you gotta pick one.

Fellow ABC Party members, I am running to become your next Wrestlezone Forums mod. I already stated my intentions in the ABC Party thread but here is an update in case you missed the other post. Please bear with me and read this post. You won't regret it. :)

Let me tell you a little about myself. I have been a member of this forum since September of 2008. Three years and four thousand posts later, I am as active around here as ever. In the three years I have been here I have done a lot. Monthly PPV predictions for every WWE PPV event as well as several TNA PPV's. I generate discussion by coming up with thread ideas that encourage debates among forum regulars. I debate rather than flame when I find a post I disagree with and, as my sig reads, encourage others to do the same with my posts. I have kept the video games section alive during the time it has been without a mod. I post in pretty much every section on the forum whether it be wrestling, non-wrestling non-spam, and even the spam zone on occassion.

As a mod I would like to be the guy that posters can come to when they need help. Anyone who reads my Potluck or Cigar Lounge posts know that I am a nice guy who is always willing to offer advice to those in need. I have helped a number of posters polish their posting skills to become the regulars you know them as today. LSN, JWGunslinger, and Notorious to name a few of my protege's who I have helped. If I become mod I would continue in helping people improve their posting skills.

Anyone who spams too much would be taught my "Non-Spam Formula". I was shown this a couple of years back, and it was a big help to me. I'll be passing it on to newcomers who wish to know it. Click the spoiler to see it for yourself.

(Your opinion on the thread's topic) + (Your reason for why you feel this way) = A non-spam post.

Example: "I think Cena does not suck because he is a better wrestler than people give him credit for"

This post, while short and unimpressive still has a thought and a reason for why.

So which section am I looking to moderate? I would be happy to help in pretty much any of them. Let's take a look at each section and my intentions for each, should I become elected as a mod.

WWE
It already has a great team in Jack-Hammer, Nate, and Nick. It has by far the most traffic though and since I visit it daily I would be more than happy to help by generating more discussion and helping in cleaning it up. Especially on days following Raw/Smackdown or a PPV, I'll find that it needs some maintenance. My PPV prediction columns are also not going anywhere, they will still be a regular part of the PPV discussion threads. I might begin doing more reviews too.

TNA
IDR does fantastic in there. I'm in the section fairly often though and would be willing to help out in the same ways I would in WWE by forming a tag team with IDR should I get elected and become your next TNA mod. More discussion generating, and some assistance with section maintenance. My TNA PPV predictions would remain a regular part of discussion threads and I will consider reviewing more shows.

GENERAL WRESTLING
Tastycles already has this section. I personally think it should be merged with Oldschool Wrestling. Tastycles and Brain could then tag team the section. I'd be willing to join in and help them out. I would generate more discussion by making threads on oldschool WWE, and some WWE VS TNA type topics. Helping with section maintenance as necessary too.

OLDSCHOOL WRESLTING
Brain does good in there. Basically the same thing I said about General Wreslting. I'd keep coming up with more oldschool WWE topics to discuss, and help with the section maintenance as needed.

HALL OF FAME
I'm rarely ever in there. JGlass has it under control. I would merge it with the General Wrestling section, he could tag team it with Tastycles, but that's just me. I would not seek a spot here.

CIGAR LOUNGE
LSN has done a great job of this section after it went through a change this summer. He's got it under control so I will not seek a spot there.

MUSIC
SSC has this section under control. I visit it frequently but might not be seeking a spot there.

MOVIES
This section needs a mod. Why Mitch never got it I do not know, but I would absolutely consider it. I have some good thread ideas for upcoming movies and tv shows that I would use to generate discussion. I keep up with what new shows/movies are coming out as well as how they are doing financially. I enjoy visiting this section and it is one of my top choices for where I would like to moderate if I get elected.

VIDEO GAMES
The Video Games section is in desperate need of a mod. I have been a regular there for most of my time at this forum and after Lee stepped down I made it a point to keep this section alive until it receives a mod. I have a wealth of oldschool video game knowledge and, much like with Movies, I keep up with upcoming releases. Every new game with a bigger release deserves a thread and I would keep discussion generated as best I could if I got this section and the section maintenance as needed. It is probably my first choice, but I am open to other choices. My sig links to the section and I will be keeping it that way unless I become mod for another section.

SPORTS
I do not visit this section often but it needs a mod and I would be willing to help out here as needed. Not my top pick but it needs a mod.

POTLUCK
One of my favorite sections. SSC has it under control so I will not seek a spot there. I'll keep making threads there every now and then regardless though.

WZCW
I have visited this section maybe once or twice in my entire run on this forum. I will not seek a spot there. It's in good hands though between Numbers, Ty, Blade, and Falkon though. Keep up the good work there, guys.

SPAM SECTIONS
I grouped these together. I am in the GSD every now and then, and The Bar Room on occassion. However I prefer the non-spam sections and am not as interested in moderating these sections. The same goes for the wrestling spam zone. We have three excellent G-Mods and a team of mods who can work together to easily tackle our spam zone.

OTHERS
That leaves sections like Book This, Graphics, and the Predictions Contest. While I do monthly PPV predictions, the Predictions Contest does not need a mod for the section. Theo's doing a good job there, and no one will ever beat Doc in graphics. As for Book This.... I'm not seeking a spot there.

MY POTENTIAL PLATFORMS
That brings me to my platform. I am looking at WWE, TNA, Movies, and Video Games as my main choices. I would also consider sections such as General Wrestling, Oldschool Wreslting, Music, and Potluck to further help those already running them even though they are under control. I post in nearly every section so I feel I would be a good candidate to help out wherever it is needed.

DAGGER DIAS FOR MOD!

daggermod4.png

So there you have it, Wrestlezone Forums. I, Dagger Dias, The Relentless Debater, The Threadliner, The Swedish Swordsman, The Man Of 4000+ Posts, would like your support in becoming the next forums mod.

I am willing to moderate more than one section if given the opporunity but that is up to Sly and KB. Please address any questions to either myself or my campaign manager, LSN.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and I appreciate the support. I look forward to being your next mod, should I be given the opportunity.

Ok, although I would like to mod both Old School and General Wrestling if I have to choose one forum to mod I am going to go for Music...for the reasons I stated and more. Nomatter what forum I mod I would make sure your voices are heard throughout the WZ board in every respect...inside and outside the Music forum.

I also would like to add that I fully agree with hatehabsforever in that I also will back the strongest/chosen candidate from this party until the last and will not be involved in any back stabbing. I would love to be mod but if we decide as a unit that sombody else would be more benificial to the people then I stand by that. For now though I am throwing myself out there and seeing what or if I get anything back.

Citizens of Wrestlezone. I, Amarillo del Bosque Verde, come to you as an underdog. I just recently started activity on here again. I joined in 2009 after lurking for a few years. After a few posts, I became very active in forum under the name Granite. School work started to pile up and I wasn't in control of all of it so I pretty much gave up on the forum. Now I have returned, and trust me, I won't leave. I realize I'm more of a nobody here, and I feel like Danielson and Tarver from NXT's first elimination.But that's where I got the underdog thing from.
I'm not exactly known here, so I'll post my views, and what I see could be done to the boards.

I see the WWE Board as pretty much under control.
The TNA Board is under great control by IDR. I know I could be a great help to IDR and help clean things up, since there's a lot of spam seen in the TNA boards. I could also start up many topics.

Now, besides wrestling, I have two entertainment passions.
Music and Video Games. I would love being mod of the Music Board. I study and hope to perform music. I have so much I could do for it. Same goes for the Video Game/Technology Board, which currently does not have a mod. I'm an avid gamer and I watch new releases closely. I have tons of threads I could start and keep on topic. Some things I've seen others post in the video game section just boggle my mind. I also follow technology releases, since I'm in a tech class. So I could bring more tech to the board.

The Potluck Board is great too, and I wouldn't mind modding that just to help out SSC.

The non-spam boards like the GSD and the Bar Room don't need much moderating, but the non-spam wrestling board can get sooo repetitive sometimes. I'll keep close watch over that and make sure it stays looking clean and full of fresh topics.

Finally, the Book This! board could use some moderating. I could make it more active, and I actually have a couple fantasy feds with years of events already written out.

So thanks for reading guys. It's much appreciated. I know I'm not anywhere near the best, or the most well-known, but I can really do a lot for this forum. I'm completely neutral. I have no campaign manager. I don't PM for votes. Not yet, at least. I'm not on anyone's side, except the people. The citizens of Wrestlezone that I will help to my fullest. Cheesy, I know.

I look forward to any questions you wanna throw at me, and especially at the chance of being your next mod.

Love,
Yellow, of the Viridian Forest. <3

Citizens of Wrestlezone. I, Amarillo del Bosque Verde, come to you as an underdog. I just recently started activity on here again. I joined in 2009 after lurking for a few years. After a few posts, I became very active in forum under the name Granite. School work started to pile up and I wasn't in control of all of it so I pretty much gave up on the forum. Now I have returned, and trust me, I won't leave. I realize I'm more of a nobody here, and I feel like Danielson and Tarver from NXT's first elimination.But that's where I got the underdog thing from.
I'm not exactly known here, so I'll post my views, and what I see could be done to the boards.

I see the WWE Board as pretty much under control.
The TNA Board is under great control by IDR. I know I could be a great help to IDR and help clean things up, since there's a lot of spam seen in the TNA boards. I could also start up many topics.

Now, besides wrestling, I have two entertainment passions.
Music and Video Games. I would love being mod of the Music Board. I study and hope to perform music. I have so much I could do for it. Same goes for the Video Game/Technology Board, which currently does not have a mod. I'm an avid gamer and I watch new releases closely. I have tons of threads I could start and keep on topic. Some things I've seen others post in the video game section just boggle my mind. I also follow technology releases, since I'm in a tech class. So I could bring more tech to the board.

The Potluck Board is great too, and I wouldn't mind modding that just to help out SSC.

The non-spam boards like the GSD and the Bar Room don't need much moderating, but the non-spam wrestling board can get sooo repetitive sometimes. I'll keep close watch over that and make sure it stays looking clean and full of fresh topics.

Finally, the Book This! board could use some moderating. I could make it more active, and I actually have a couple fantasy feds with years of events already written out.

So thanks for reading guys. It's much appreciated. I know I'm not anywhere near the best, or the most well-known, but I can really do a lot for this forum. I'm completely neutral. I have no campaign manager. I don't PM for votes. Not yet, at least. I'm not on anyone's side, except the people. The citizens of Wrestlezone that I will help to my fullest. Cheesy, I know.

I look forward to any questions you wanna throw at me, and especially at the chance of being your next mod.

Love,
Yellow, of the Viridian Forest. <3

I am not interested in running. Although I would love to be mod one day, I have zero ideas of how to make WZ better and that is not good enough to get me any votes from anyone.

My vote currently goes to Dagger until someone with better ideas throws their hat in this election. However, I will back anyone from this party if Dagger loses in the primaries. My vote may change throughout the election process but I hope no one takes it as a shot towards them. Dagger being one of my closest "friends" here seems to be a worthy candidate of any nonspam nonwrestling section. Those sections are quickly filled with spam and it often goes unnoticed. Habs has some good ideas of his own but personally, never visit the TNA section anymore. Haters can hate all they want, but Dagger thrives on discussion. He's currently one of the most active members on WZ forums and you can't take that away from him. I've been waiting for nearly a year now, for his name to become bold. I'm quite shocked it hasn't been bolded already.

Again, I may choose to back someone else down the line but as of right now, Dagger has my full support.

I already layed out my thoughts on every section. Given the feedback I've gotten, I wish to run for two sections: TNA, and Book This!

For the TNA section, I feel I can cover when IDR isn't around as traffic is consistent and one can find many posts with spam, flaming and such slipping by. Not only that, but as an avid, long time supporter of the product, I can drive discussion. After all, I've done so before.

For the Book This! section, I fully intend to enforce the idea of expanding the Fantasy Booking rule of the section. Whatever thread I can find with a "What if" or "This guy should turn heel/face" I will pick out and add to the section where it should technically fit. As that happens, more traffic comes to the section and more people will read the already established full shows the likes of Theo, Sign Guy and such go out of their way to right up.

I may be a hothead at times, but for one, I'm here every day and have been for the last 3 years, so you know I'm consistent and will follow through. Thanks for the opportunity.

I JWGunslinger will not be running for a mod spot, maybe sometime in the future but I don't believe I've earned that priviledge yet and I need more time and more work before I can even consider doing so. Also I chose not to run because I think there are guys who deserve mod spots more than me, we need Dagger running video games,Mitch running Movies & TV, and finally Big Sexy in the Sports Stadium. Whoever we the ABC Party decide to back I will get behind so as to avoid Coco winning and get a competent ABC member in as a solid candidate.

I won't be running for mod. I don't feel like I'm qualified and I don't know what I can really contribute to the forum as a mod aside from my good understanding of the spam rules. I would definitely consider it in the future especially if it were for a non-spam wrestling section. I will gladly endorse anyone our party picks as candidate.

I'll make this very simple. I'm not running as I simply don't have time to do so. That said, I joined this party because I believe it has tons of top candidates that are better than the top 1 or 2 from any other party. So who do I support?

Good question.

I see the support for Dagger and for Big Sexy and I completely understand anyone who is on those trains at the moment. However, I'm not sure that a full mod for the sections that they already "run" is necessary. With that in mind, I am putting my support behind hatehabsforever (me supporting a Boston guy......I never thought it would happen!)

My reasoning is simple: his respect for others is unquestioned so I know that he will bring fairness to his position, and I believe his cause is just. A second mod in the TNA section would be great, especially one that has a different point of view than the first. This is a section I spend a decent amount of time in, and I think habs can bring great things to it.

If you've ever been in there, you know that it can get heated. The problem that I see is that it gets heated because as of now, it is a haven for one type of thought. That is, that one must accept all things about said product and be devoid of criticism. I believe intelligent discussion about this product, with valued opinions on both sides of the coin, would make for a better place to go, and I believe that habs has the capability of bringing that to the table. He can (and has) driven discussion in these sections and I think he'd be fair in letting people's voices be heard provided they are with reason.

The number one thing I fear is another Sidious. Upon joining the forum, he infracted me for something I didn't do (probably because we disagreed and as a "newbie" I argued better than he expected). That infraction was quickly reversed, but I learned then that a mod must be fair and not abuse his (or her) powers. Hatehabsforever will not do that. I trust him and am fully behind him for mod.

However, if habs does not get the nomination, I will change my support to whomever it is that emerges from this party. Good luck to all candidates and I look forward to seeing this play out.

I do not have any interest in running for mod. I am just to lazy to be one at the current moment. I however will support any candidate from the ABC or "PPM working within". As a member of the formerly universally independent party the People's Moderation party, my current support goes to Poppycock but may change to ANY ABC party member regardless of former affiliation. I cheer for the underdog so along the way I look for impressions (I am looking at you Amarillo) so that's my 2 cents on my vote so far.

The number one thing I fear is another Sidious. Upon joining the forum, he infracted me for something I didn't do (probably because we disagreed and as a "newbie" I argued better than he expected). That infraction was quickly reversed, but I learned then that a mod must be fair and not abuse his (or her) powers. Hatehabsforever will not do that. I trust him and am fully behind him for mod.

Something like that happened to me too, also dis-courtesy of Sidious...He totally tried to throw his mod-weight around and intimidate me, and I called him on his bullshit. He was the mod of the WWE forum at the time, and was basically creating anti-WWE/Pro TNA threads in the WWE section, and then using his mod status to threaten anyone who disagreed with him. I brought up how people going to the WWE section are interested in the WWE, not TNA, and that WWE fans should feel welcome to post there, and not be attacked by hostile mods for not sucking TNA's proverbial cock (paraphrasing there). Mother Fucker started threatening me via PM, about if I knew what he could do to me because he is a mod, and all that shit. Well, I called him out on his bullshit in one of the threads...Shortly afterward he switched to TNA, and then not long after that, he dropped out of sight...I really, really hope to hell I had something to do with it.

I want our candidate to be the anti-Sidious. Someone as far removed from that personality as possible.

Ill keep this short and sweet for now, but ill be more then willing to say more later and will be actively supporting any of the following.

HateHabsForever: All one has to do is to take a look as to how he's organized this party, and you can see why he's a perfect candidate. He's a natural leader who's also not afraid to stir the pot when needed, and doesn't shy away from confrontation. In other words, he drives discussion in a respectful way, which is something that more is needed of. He's a veteran of the forum and posts consistently and excellently in all facets. He's versatile, so he could succeed at moderating both a wrestling or a NWS. A top notch choice with no drawbacks in terms of qualities. \

Dagger Dias: He's easilt the most passionate VG & T poster on the site, and since Lee left as moderator, he's been the most consistent poster in that section and has kept it alive. He's another veteran of the forum who thrives on debating and driving discussion, and he would provide that spark in whatever section he would moderate. He would draw traffic just due to the fact that his threads and posting draw conversation and spur on discussion. He's a consistent poster in all sections, and really wants this, so I give my personal guarantee he would handle whatever section he would Mod with excellence and passion. Any issues regarding Dagger's stance can be directed to me, as I support him fully. The same goes for Habs, as both will be fine choices here.

Ill state here and now that I will be heavily supporting both Dagger and Habs, and I wont choose between them. I believe they're the best two choices from ANY party.

Killjoy: One of the most intelligent posters on this site, as he brings excellent insight to every area in which he posts. Even as a TNA mark, he doesn't blindly follow the product and find no fault with it. He's good at being able to assess the pros and cons of a situation and address them appropriately. Our recent dealings have shown me his ability to take what appears to be a negative situation and turn it into a positive. He'ld be a fine addition to the Mod Staff.

Poppycock: I don't know much about you, but I did like your campaign speech. You seem like you would be passionate and heavily involved in whatever section you modded, which is definitively needed. I'm not sure of your choices for sections, as Old School, General Wrestling, and Music all have sufficient moderation. Id like to see you post more throughout the entire site in non-spam sections to see what you're capable of. Still, I liked what you had to say, and I have no problem giving a new guy a chance, I just want to see what you have to offer as an all-around poster, both wrestling and non. Take this as encouragement.

Amarillo: I appreciate your enthusiasm, and like I said to Poppycock, I have no problem with someone newer joining the ranks. As was suggested to Poppycock, Id pick one section and get behind why you want to Moderate that section in detail. What would you do to make it better? Why would you be needed there? These are questions I believe you need to answer. I'd concentrate on something other then PL, however, as it's not in need of a second moderator, as SSC has it under control, and I'm heavily involved in it as well.

Big Sexy: He hasn't announced his nomination, and he may not. But he is to the Sports Stadium what I am to the Cigar Lounge, as he's the reason discussion happens there. If he wants it, there's not a better candidate for the section. He'ld be a fine moderator and brings the necessary passion to a needed section,

Personally, Ill be backing whomever comes out from this party. The front runners in my eyes are Habs and Dagger, and Ill suport either one, as I have complete confidence in both. But Killjoy would be excellent for both sections he desires to moderate, and would be an asset to both. Ive been longing for a moderator for Book This! for some time, and I'm glad to see someone with the strong desire to do so. I wish the best to the newcomers as well.

Good luvk to all of you. Id be priviledged to stand by any of your sides and assist you along the way should you win the nomination.

Considering that I am already half way to becoming a full moderator and the time I have dedicated to the forums isn't enough to take on multiple sections, I will not be running as a candidate in the primaries. Those who are will need to make an excellent case in order for me to get their vote as I joined this party to pick the most logical choice.

I will take it! I will take the Ring to Mordor. Though I do not know the way.

YOU......SHALL NOT...PASS!!!!!

Anyway...

As much as I would love to, I will not be running for mod, primarily as I haven't much spare time and would not be fully committed to it. I also believe that I have yet to build up a decent enough reputation amongst the regulars on this forum, and as such I don't feel I would be taken seriously. However, I am willing to support anyone who wishes to go forward.

Out of people who have come forward at the moment, I am behind Dagger Dias and Killjoy. Both seem to have thought this through very clearly, and I have no doubt that either would be a fantastic addition to any section on the site. On top of that, both are quality posters, and I'm sure they would be hard working in the role of mod.

However, as I have said, I would be comitted to anyone who wishes to go forward.

I am not interested in running. Although I would love to be mod one day, I have zero ideas of how to make WZ better and that is not good enough to get me any votes from anyone.

I think you're selling yourself short here, as you contribute immensely here, and past thread ideas show that you do have some excellent ideas. The more competition the better, I say, and you'ld be a strong candidate if you just gave a little thought into how you would improve things. From our conversations in the past, I know damn well you have ideas for both wrestling and non-wrestling sections.

Considering that I am already half way to becoming a full moderator and the time I have dedicated to the forums isn't enough to take on multiple sections, I will not be running as a candidate in the primaries. Those who are will need to make an excellent case in order for me to get their vote as I joined this party to pick the most logical choice.

So why preclude yourself? Why not run & make it official? You have a creative mind, one of the best on the site. If the issue is solely time, then I wont press you, but I believe you would make another great candidate. I'm hoping as the second biggest Mickie mark on the site, you will reconsider. ;)

Im just throwing suggestions out there, not trying to pressure any of you. I just don't want you selling yourselves short of what you're capable of, as there are many others worthy of being a Mod amongst this group, some of which I haven't mentioned yet.

I'm most likely not running. I don't think I'd make a terrible mod or anything of that nature, and I do have to time to do it in, I just don't feel that there are any sections that I can moderate that someone else here couldn't do better. Potluck doesn't need a second mod, Movies and TV should be Mitch's bag, LSN owns the Cigar Lounge, TNA isn't my strong point etc...

Spam sections are where I'm most active (sans WZCW), and while I think a bit more organisation could be applied there, I'm not really sure that it's a section that needs a full time moderator. I think several of the points that one of ABC's main rivals has are quite valid, but I think there are more deserving people in this group who deserve to be moderators of their respective specialities.

Unless anyone wants to try to convince me to stand, I shall be taking a back seat and supporting whoever it is who gets the overall nod from this group. Again, unless someone wants to convince me otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back