Tell us who should or should not be the ABC Party's candidate

Yo yo! I had some internet issues over the weekend. Aside from the 11th being the first eliminations, what'd I miss?

First of all, just let me state for the record that I will not be starting my own thread within this subsection. This thread has already been established for that purpose. If anyone has any comments or questions for me, I'm more than happy to address them in here.

I am finding this Election process is starting to drag on a little bit, and people seem to be losing a little enthusiasm about it, so I thought I'd give my two cents worth. Let me continue to state, as I have throughout this process, that it is extremely important that we, the ABC Party, remain a cohesive and unified group until the end. We have to maintain our numbers, we have to vote in high numbers, hopefully approaching 100%, and we all have to be prepared to rally fully completely behind our eventual candidate, whoever he or she may be. As I've said before and I'll say again, the eventual winner of our party will definitely receive my vote in the general election, and I hope the rest of my team continues to feel the same way.

Having said this, there does need to be some debate within the group, some healthy discussion, and we do need to begin to focus upon whoever will represent us. No implosion, no division within the party, but simply a discussion of where things are, and where they are going.

The key thing which all of our roster members need to consider is, who gives us the best chance to win the election, against Coco and La Resistance? Who is the most capable of facing Coco face to face, head to head, and defeating him? This comes down to more than who thinks in their own mind they can do it, or who has the capacity to do it, because let's face it, several guys think they can, and I am sure are capable of doing so. But in the end, it comes down to who can do it. Who can translate it into votes? Who can encourage the undecided to vote for them? Who can draw people away from the third party, if the opportunity presents? Who can face Coco in a general election and triumph? I think that someone is me.

Ba-Bomb is clearly a very intelligent guy. He is well spoken. He is articulate. He is passionate about the forums. He is well organized. Have to give credit where credit is due. But at the end of the day, he has only been a forum member since October of this year. I have no doubt that he is smart enough to engage Coco quite well in debate. I don't question the enthusiasm he would bring in doing so. I don't doubt the conviction he has in his abilities to get the job done. But at the end of the day, he is new here. He says he has moderated elsewhere, which I don't doubt for a second, he's clearly competent enough to do so. He says he has lurked outside the forums for a while before joining and so has a clear idea of who's who and what's what, which again I'm sure is true but irrelevant. Fact of the matter is, amongst the potential crop of voters we will need to pull this off, he is currently relatively anonymous. I say this with all due respect because as I've said before, he's quite strong. Let me give you a couple of examples.

Let's consider IC. A former mod and admin who loves these forums and will likely vote. I won't put words in his mouth, but I would suppose that if he had to choose between me and Coco, he'd at least be familiar enough with both of us to be forced to pause for thought before deciding. If his decision is Coco versus Ba-Bomb, I think he'll say "don't know him" and will vote for Coco.

The Brain, a current staff member who to the best of my knowledge hasn't picked a party yet, but likely will vote. He knows me and Coco, but regardless of how strong Ba-Bomb is, he doesn't know him and likely won't vote for him. I can't say that for sure, but that would be an educated guess. Stormtrooper is with La Resistance, but if his party starts to fade, he may choose to go with an anti-Coco option for obvious reasons. I think he may give that vote to someone like me or Dagger, but I'm not certain he will give that vote to a guy he is totally unfamiliar with. This is not implosion, and it certainly is not disrespecting or attacking Ba-Bomb. It's reality. This is an election. It's not only about who can do the job. It's also about who the voters themselves believe can do the job. That's an important distinction which needs to be made.

As well, some guys have been taking the position being contested, and the election as a whole, too seriously. Standing up for the down trodden, representing the ignored or the mocked, that's a tad dramatic. The forums will continue to run and operate after the election exactly the same as they did before. Sly and KB call the shots. It's not a democracy, and that won't change. The G-Mods have more pull than the others, that won't change either. The rest of the staff all have their own styles, their own personalities, and the new mod won't change that either. The new mod isn't going to revolutionize the forums, change how things operate here in their entirety, or cure the common cold. The new mod will primarily represent one section, whichever he or she chooses, and do it to the best of their ability. They will be active in other sections and will help out in other sections too. But this whole standing up for the little people schtick is an excellent campaign strategy, but is not reality based. If I become a non- spam wrestling mod, specifically in TNA, this will be my focus, for generating discussion, giving feedback, and enforcing rules. I will continue to be active in other sections, and I will strive to be an approachable, easy going, non-Nazi mod, but at the end of the day, I won't stand for the downtrodden or the newer guys. They will have to find their own way, just like the rest of us have done, and like quality guys such as Ba-Bomb, wushady, Spoodbeest, and others have done.

I believe that the sections which are currently un-modded are that way for a reason. The spam section does not need a mod. The admins, the G-mods, and the regular mods can enforce rules in here, and discussion largely drives itself, due to the stellar work of guys like Coco. If this section needed a mod, it would likely already have one. Likewise, despite the passion of the VG & T guys or the sports enthusiasts, these sections simply don't need full time moderating. The existing staff has been maintaining them and can easily continue to do so. If I were non-spam wrestling mod, I would definitely be involved in the sports section, keeping it clean and efficient, but a full time mod here is not required. If it was, there would already be one. I would be approachable from people to help keep these sections going, even though they wouldn't be my sections, but naming a full time mod for these sections is a waste of the position I'm my opinion.

One thing I would discuss in the board room would be the elimination of the Prison. It's pointless. There is one guy who I would release back into the general forums (he knows who he is), then I would like to see the others all banned and the Prison closed. The vast majority of the guys in there won't be rehabilitated, and those that do, rarely sustain it. I know all about Lee's history, but he's the exception to the rule. For every Lee there are countless others who contribute nothing. The Prison is nothing more than a way for non prisoners to mock the prisoners to push them over the edge which can be really funny sometimes, but is unnecessary, and the Bar Room itself can serve this purpose.

One pet peeve I have is for the couple of guys who function as mods but aren't formally recognized as such. I refer to Falkon and Blade who help run WZCW as I understand. While I'm uninformed about this section, I understand it's pretty popular, and these guys run it. If they are functioning as mods for all intents and purposes, why aren't they bolded? I would suggest to the Board Room that these guys are functioning as mods, and should be recognized as such.

In closing, I would say that with all due respect to the others, the ABC Party was my creation. I approached and formed the original core of the group, and continued to expand it as I thought of others. I welcomed new members, whether it be by merge or by people's own choice. I managed the numbers, updated the tallies, and more importantly, kept the cohesive thought process going. Granted I didn't do it alone, and all of the guys deserve credit for coming on board and building and sustaining a party which should keep this thing competitive regardless of what happens. I thank all of the people who belong to this group and who have kept this group clean and united. By no means am I suggesting that I deserve all of the credit for this, because that's simply not true. But I think the thought processes that went into forming it, and the organizational skills that went into sustaining it, would serve me well in the role of moderator. As such, in hope to have your support.

Sorry that was so long, hopefully people bother to read this :)

The only thing IC25 would endorse me for is banning. I don't think that's a ringing endorsement, you being the lesser of evils in his wounded, victimized eyes.

After viewing all this I switch my support from poppycock to Ba-Bomb. This can change at any time though. Poppycock is still second for me and dagger in third (my rankings for my opinion).

I'm getting a little bored. Someone make this interesting again before coco's entertainment factor seduces me away from my more noble attempts.

I am withdrawing my election campaign. Main reason is I will be busy leading up to Christmas recording an album so won't have anywhere near as much time as I would like. Also I don't for a second think I have any chance of winning because whatever way you butter it this is a popularity contest and that counts me out. I don't have a problem with that concept and as I said will fully back whoever we decide as group who is right for the job from our party.

I will continue to grow as a poster and next time around I will be able to take part in the election and have a real chance of winning. I like this place a lot and compared to most forums I have been on it is pretty much great in all areas but the ones that do need improving I am sure our chosen party member will iron out and good luck to him/her.

I am withdrawing my election campaign. Main reason is I will be busy leading up to Christmas recording an album so won't have anywhere near as much time as I would like. Also I don't for a second think I have any chance of winning because whatever way you butter it this is a popularity contest and that counts me out. I don't have a problem with that concept and as I said will fully back whoever we decide as group who is right for the job from our party.

I will continue to grow as a poster and next time around I will be able to take part in the election and have a real chance of winning. I like this place a lot and compared to most forums I have been on it is pretty much great in all areas but the ones that do need improving I am sure our chosen party member will iron out and good luck to him/her.

It's been opening referred to as a popularity contest from the very beginning by the people organizing it. Why would you think differently?

Anyways, all the best & good luck with the album.

I never said I thought differently about that. I just mentioned it as another reason I am withdrawing at this stage. Thankyou for the good luck. I really feel we have the overall winner in this party and everybody seems to have the same motive which is basically run or not run but ultimately get behind the best candidate.

I never said I thought differently about that. I just mentioned it as another reason I am withdrawing at this stage. Thankyou for the good luck. I really feel we have the overall winner in this party and everybody seems to have the same motive which is basically run or not run but ultimately get behind the best candidate.

Anyway Good luck luck on your album poppycock! The PMP/ ABC party was happy to have you as a candidate for awhile.

I'm getting a little bored. Someone make this interesting again before coco's entertainment factor seduces me away from my more noble attempts.

If you say so.

Why some here, that aren't me shouldn't be moderators.

I'll start with Zrise and Ba-Bomb. It's mostly because they are looking at this the wrong way. They talk about being picked because of the small guys in the forum. The "lesser known". Thing is, this isn't about is known the most. It's about who's best. People here don't care how long you've been here. They care about how good you are. Compare Milenko to most of the staff. They've mostly been here less time than him and in some cases by a lot. Meaning they are technically "smaller" guys. If you're good enough, you'll get noticed in no time. Just ask guys like IDR, Jack-Hammer, Ferbian and such who flew by everyone else. Clearly, lack of notoriety isn't the problem.

Habs, Dagger and Sign Guy have a particular trait in common. Too modest. I first posted an outlook of what I thought should be done in every section and then leaned on what got the best feedback. Habs is lenient to the TNA section(do you plan on rivaling me at every turn?) but keeps wording it out to include every other section he can. But the reason I pitted him with Dagger and Sign Guy is because they promise the same thing. Cleaner section, more traffic and all that. They write all that in 3 paragraphs. But I decided to take a more proactive approach by posting what I do in those sections. As in, I show my work so far. Yeah, I only made one post and Crock laughed and my "slogan", but I think I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Promises are nice to do, but lets not lay down the primer coat and say we painted the wall white.

Take it as constructive criticism, my rivals.

Yeah, I only made one post and Crock laughed and my "slogan", but I think I'm done with my Christmas shopping.

stone-cold-steve-austin-birthday.jpg

If you say so.

I'll start with Zrise and Ba-Bomb. It's mostly because they are looking at this the wrong way. They talk about being picked because of the small guys in the forum. The "lesser known". Thing is, this isn't about is known the most. It's about who's best. People here don't care how long you've been here. They care about how good you are. Compare Milenko to most of the staff. They've mostly been here less time than him and in some cases by a lot. Meaning they are technically "smaller" guys. If you're good enough, you'll get noticed in no time. Just ask guys like IDR, Jack-Hammer, Ferbian and such who flew by everyone else. Clearly, lack of notoriety isn't the problem.

Habs, Dagger and Sign Guy have a particular trait in common. Too modest. I first posted an outlook of what I thought should be done in every section and then leaned on what got the best feedback. Habs is lenient to the TNA section(do you plan on rivaling me at every turn?) but keeps wording it out to include every other section he can. But the reason I pitted him with Dagger and Sign Guy is because they promise the same thing. Cleaner section, more traffic and all that. They write all that in 3 paragraphs. But I decided to take a more proactive approach by posting what I do in those sections. As in, I show my work so far. Yeah, I only made one post and Crock laughed and my "slogan", but I think I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Promises are nice to do, but lets not lay down the primer coat and say we painted the wall white.

I am not running for anything I just support Ba-bomb.

If you say so.

I'm not sure I completely follow your line of thinking here Killjoy, but that's fine, I will take it as simple constructive criticism and leave it at that. It's a little surprising that within our party which has stood so united and has avoided the imminent implosion that the other parties have predicted, you would choose to make a post stating why the other guys in our group shouldn't be moderators. I, on the other hand, see perhaps 5 or 6 declared candidates, yourself included, who have what it takes to be a moderator on this site. However, I have no intention of debating this with you tonight. I would prefer to save my debating for Crock/Harthan and Coco next week :)

Rivaling you at every turn? I don't intend to rival you any more than anyone else in the group. I have stated my desire to co-moderate TNA since this whole thing began. Sure, I would have some input in a couple of other sections if requested and required, but non-spam wrestling is my thing and I have said so from day one. Wording it out to include every other section I can? That's an odd comment, seeing how I would only do non-spam wrestling, with a little dabbling in sports. And a cleaner section with more traffic, I'm all about that. That's the most important function of a moderator in a non-spam section.

Anyway, I'll take your constructive criticism and give it as much weight as I think it deserves. Meanwhile, let's keep this moving forward positively. We have larger obstacles waiting for us in the near future.

I'm not sure I completely follow your line of thinking here Killjoy, but that's fine, I will take it as simple constructive criticism and leave it at that. It's a little surprising that within our party which has stood so united and has avoided the imminent implosion that the other parties have predicted, you would choose to make a post stating why the other guys in our group shouldn't be moderators. I, on the other hand, see perhaps 5 or 6 declared candidates, yourself included, who have what it takes to be a moderator on this site. However, I have no intention of debating this with you tonight. I would prefer to save my debating for Crock/Harthan and Coco next week :)

Rivaling you at every turn? I don't intend to rival you any more than anyone else in the group. I have stated my desire to co-moderate TNA since this whole thing began. Sure, I would have some input in a couple of other sections if requested and required, but non-spam wrestling is my thing and I have said so from day one. Wording it out to include every other section I can? That's an odd comment, seeing how I would only do non-spam wrestling, with a little dabbling in sports. And a cleaner section with more traffic, I'm all about that. That's the most important function of a moderator in a non-spam section.

Anyway, I'll take your constructive criticism and give it as much weight as I think it deserves. Meanwhile, let's keep this moving forward positively. We have larger obstacles waiting for us in the near future.
It's just feedback. I'm not at saying all you're doing it wrong.

It's just feedback. I'm not at saying all you're doing it wrong.

No sweat KJ it's all good:) And let's not be naive enough to let guys from other parties try to drive a wedge into the party by bolding portions of quotes and try to insert deeper meanings that simply aren't there.

No sweat KJ it's all good:) And let's not be naive enough to let guys from other parties try to drive a wedge into the party by bolding portions of quotes and try to insert deeper meanings that simply aren't there.
I've been reading enough scholarly literature on Canadian subversiveness to know exactly what was going on there. Not that I blame you for tip-toeing around it of course. You've got the most to gain from this. You're the one dishing out the Kool-Aid. You're the one who's running the cult. As much as the IWC claims not to like babyfaces, they do seem enjoy being pandered to and you've dished out more scrupulous ass-kissing than I ever could. It's that kind of sheep-herding that's going to win you this nomination in spite of what you're telling everyone else. And I commend that. As much as you paint the DFP as a cult, there's no ventriloquist pulling the strings over there. I'm just popular and that's that. But you're actually manipulating people. And you're doing it so masterfully that nobody has caught on. It's brilliant. It's the mark of a true savant. I have the utmost respect for the legitimate manipulation you pulled off here because if I didn't have the popularity I do, I'm not sure I could control people quite like this. People see me as someone who's always in control and always working an angle, but if that were true then I wouldn't be as confrontational as I am. I'm a straight-shooter. You're the worker. And you've convinced everyone it's the opposite. It's almost poetic.

Congratulations. I'll see you in the general election, bro.

I've been reading enough scholarly literature on Canadian subversiveness to know exactly what was going on there. Not that I blame you for tip-toeing around it of course. You've got the most to gain from this. You're the one dishing out the Kool-Aid. You're the one who's running the cult. As much as the IWC claims not to like babyfaces, they do seem enjoy being pandered to and you've dished out more scrupulous ass-kissing than I ever could. It's that kind of sheep-herding that's going to win you this nomination in spite of what you're telling everyone else. And I commend that. As much as you paint the DFP as a cult, there's no ventriloquist pulling the strings over there. I'm just popular and that's that. But you're actually manipulating people. And you're doing it so masterfully that nobody has caught on. It's brilliant. It's the mark of a true savant. I have the utmost respect for the legitimate manipulation you pulled off here because if I didn't have the popularity I do, I'm not sure I could control people quite like this. People see me as someone who's always in control and always working an angle, but if that were true then I wouldn't be as confrontational as I am. I'm a straight-shooter. You're the worker. And you've convinced everyone it's the opposite. It's almost poetic.

Congratulations. I'll see you in the general election, bro.

That's actually pretty entertaining. Downright funny. Surely to God you don't actually believe that the guys who comprise The ABC Party are foolish enough or naive enough to buy into this drivel?

Seems to me that you are totally missing the point here. Which actually really surprises me because you are normally a pretty astute guy. Not a guy who pretends to be intelligent, but I actually do believe that you are. Which is why I'm baffled, how you've missed the point in all of this.

There's no cult on this side of the fence, and you of all people should be aware of this, as no one doles out the KoolAid like the legend that is Coco. This is all about a group of guys with a common goal, working together to achieve it. It actually reeks of desperation for you to try to misconstrue this into something that it isn't. Which surprises me as well, you normally don't rattle so easily.

Simply put, you give me far more credit than I deserve. But I would say something. I hope I am fortunate enough to be the guy who comes out of this. Because I would welcome the opportunity to face you in the election next week. The ultimate showdown of spam versus non spam. I think that would be a lot of fun, and I hope to have the opportunity to see it play out next week. Bro.

Killjoy has impressed me thus far in this whole election thing. No one else has really given me a reason to think anything would be different.

If you say so.

I'll start with Zrise and Ba-Bomb. It's mostly because they are looking at this the wrong way. They talk about being picked because of the small guys in the forum. The "lesser known". Thing is, this isn't about is known the most. It's about who's best. People here don't care how long you've been here. They care about how good you are.

In the interests of not trying to sound pompous and arrogant I have tried not to sound my own horn here, stick to the bases, refraining from engaging in any real political fencing and staying civil. This however, prompts me to pick up the shield and sword. I have stated my platform for trying to promote an underdog, a strong one at that, which would be me simply because I am not as tenured. Do not however think for one moment that I am not among the best.

In my short time thus far I have already gained quite a bit of recognition, and even as an unknown been at least good enough to form a party, gain a significant amount of members that helped push this party into the majority over the David French Party, and make people who've been around much longer take notice and recognize me as a formidable candidate against all odds. If there are any doubts as to whether or not I am the best candidate for the job, let them be erred and I will conquer them. Here's a question, why not me? What does anyone else have to offer that I do not? What is it that makes anyone else a better candidate over me?

I can do the job as well or better than anyone else who would say otherwise, and I bring a fresh and new outlook to the table that no one else shares. I bring about an approach that no one else will embrace. I stand more for the people than anyone else. So what makes anyone else think they truly stand alone or above me? I can assure you they don't. I'll give you better than good, I'll give you the best. I am The Game and I am that damn good, make no mistake about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back