The New Age Outlaws: Would You Be Interested If They Returned?

I would love to see NAO come back for a run with the tag titles once Team Hell No is split up. They'd make a great face team to feud with Rhodes Scholars or PTP. And it would be like a little DX back in WWE. Love this idea.

On a couple of occasions, The Road Dog Jesse James and Bad Ass Billy Gunn have popped up on WWE television. They were part of the DX reunion that kicked off the 1,000th episode of Raw and they appeared on the Slammy Awards episode of Raw as presenters.

According to a report, The New Age Outlaws are scheduled to actually wrestle for the WWE this coming weekend. At a show in Raleigh, North Carolina this coming Saturday, the former 5 time tag champs are scheduled to face Team Rhodes Scholars. As of right now, there isn't any word on whether or not they'll be wrestling at any other WWE events. Because of that, It has me thinking that their match against Team Rhodes Scholars this weekend might be something of a trial run for the Outlaws to see if they've still got it.

From what I understand, Billy Gunn is also now working as a trainer at NXT and Road Dogg has been either a producer or an agent for a while now. With the revival we're seeing of the tag team division, I think it would be kinda cool to have a veteran tag team that's still able to go inside the ring as a part of it. If they're still able to go, I'd like to see them make a return to WWE. Billy Gunn is 49 and the Road Dogg is 43 but both look to be in good shape. Gunn still has an impressive physique and Road Dogg, while never a great athlete, looks healthy. I'm guessing that since they're scheduled for a match, they've undergone the extensive WWE physical and things are ok on that end.

Simple question: Why not?

With the attempt at regenerating the tag division, I don't see how this could be a bad thing. At the very least you can use the OBVIOUSLY popular team of the New Age Outlaws to fued with the Scholars whom are obviously your team of choice to be THE tag team of the WWE but as of right now they really don't have a FACE team to fued with. Yes you have Bryan and Kane but lets be honest, Bryan is a MAIN EVENT type player and so is Kane(if they stop putting him these cheesey rolls) so the NAO would be the perfect thing for that division at this time. They don't have to JOB to the RS's but they can have a series of matches with the NAO that would give the Scholars a serious rub in my opinion.

"Me personally I wouldnt say I'm a big fan of them BUT if they can still go and creative actually have some good storylines for them, then yes, I would like to see them back to put over some tag-team ( rhode-scolars) .

But they need good booking, as other people have said, im not too much of a nostalgia addict. I love some appearences periodically but that is it.

They need a good plan for them that's all im saying if they are gonna bring back a 43+49 year old to compete against young guns who are fast and athletic as hell.Make them use their experience to fool them, stuff like that."

I dont know the last time you seen Gunn in action but he is in pretty darn good shape himself and could still put on a good match. Its the Road Dogg I'd worry about but they are both decent enough to have good matches. This is a GOOD thing for the tag division if indeed it happens.

I have no desire to see them "take over" the tag team division personally, but I do think they have a lot to offer in terms of just adding all the more stability & legitimacy to WWE's tag team picture.

I'm not saying put the tag titles on them or anything, though I can't say I'd be against it if they did come back and showed that they truly did still have the stuff in every way that matters. Feuding with some of the other, younger teams and helping to put them over would be another good use of them in my eyes.

While it's true they're older, I've no real problem with that if they're still good. In wrestling, it's the older guys getting pushed when they clearly don't have the goods anymore that bugs me.

I don't know if I would want to see them in a full time capacity but if they had a match now and again I certainly wouldn't be against it. Right before Hawk died The Road Warriors had a tag title match against RVD and Kane for example and it worked pretty well, I would be in favor of them doing something like that once in a while, make a quick pop in and help put over some tag teams in the process.

For all we know the NAO could come back and be as good as they were before (which isn't that hard considering what they were about) and if they become popular enough I would be all for them wrestling full time again. I'm not saying that will happen but it doesn't hurt to test the waters one Monday night. The worst that happens is they don't connect with the fans and you don't see them on television anymore. I would rather see the Outlaws get 10 minutes than someone like Tensai.

I would be ok with them coming back for a short run if it was to put over somebody like the Prime Time Players or The Rhodes Scholars. Neither team look like they pose any real threat to team Hell No, but if NAO did return and feud with one or both of these teams it could help get them over and look like more of a threat as a team.

They made a surprise appearance, and wrestled in Detroit at a house show on Wednesday night, and the arena exploded when Billy hit his fame asser. They definitely still have the ability. I would not mind at all if these guys returned to WWE television for at least 1 more run. And I agree with the current consensus of them being used to put over Rhodes Scholars. And maybe even put on some excellent matches with Team Hell No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back