The Podcast Thread

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Alright, so there are a lot of great podcasts out there, almost all of which can be found for free on iTunes & various other services. So I figured it's about time we have a thread dedicated to podcasts. You can list the podcast you subscribe to & listen to regularly, recommend podcast you think other people would like, or just talk about whatever you want podcast related here.

I figured I would start this thread of by listing the podcasts I am currently subscribed to

1. About Last Night w/ Brad Williams & Adam Ray
  2. The Art of Wrestling w/ Colt Cabana
  3. Breaking Bad Insider Podcast
  4. Dining with Doug & Karen (one of Doug Benson's podcasts)
  5. Doug Loves Movies w/ Doug Benson
  6. ESPN: Fantasy Focus Football
  7. ESPN: Football Today
  8. Fatman on Batman w/ Kevin Smith
  9. FEaB w/ Matt Mira & Scott Mosier
  10. Film School Fridays w/ Kevin Smith
  11. Fuzzy Typewriter
  12. iFanboy: Pick of the Week podcast
  13. iFanboy: Don't Miss Podcast
  14. Highlands: a Peephole History w/ Kevin Smith & Friends
  15. Hollywood Babble-On w/ Ralph Garman & Kevin Smith
  16. Jay & Silent Bob Get Old w/ Kevin Smith & Jason Mewes
  17. The Kevin & Bean Show
  18. The Nerdist w/ Chris Hardwick, Jonah Ray, & Matt Mira
  19. Puck Nuts w/ Walt Flanagan, Ming Chen, & Sunday Jeff
  20. The Rich Eisen Podcast
  21. The Secret Stash- The Comicbookmen Companion Podcast
  22. SModcast w/ Kevin Smith & Scott Mosier
  23. SMovieMakers w/ Kevin Smith
  24. SMoviola w/ Kevin Smith
  25. Tell 'em Steve-Dave w/ Walt Flanagan, Bryan Johnson, & Brian "Q" Quinn
  26. The Tenderloins Podcast w/ The cast of Impractical Jokers (on TRUtv)
  27. The Thrilling Adventure Hour
  28. WTF w/ Marc Maron

As you can see I really like Kevin Smith's podcasts, TESD, HB-O, Kevin & Bean, & About Last Night are probably my favorites from that list though.

Other pods I listen to on occasionally listen to are Mohr Stories w/ Jay Mohr & The Joe Rogan Experience depending on who they have on.

I used to listen to the whole SModcast family but found myself laughing less and less at them. Hollywood Babble-On started out great but then half the show became Ralph saying hello to the audience and the other half was him doing the same impressions over and over. SModcast - when it's ever put up - is still pretty decent, and I think Tell 'Em Steve-Dave is hands down the best podcast going.

The podcasts I listen to regularly are:
  • The Empire Podcast: Film magazine doing a film podcast. A bit too concise but a good source of views and information. Every Friday.
  • Giant Bombcast: Games site doing a games podcast - funny and normally bordering on three hours. Every Tuesday.
  • The Art of Wrestling w/ Colt Cabana: I get it depending on who the guest is. I think it comes out on Thursdays.
  • Tell 'Em Steve-Dave. Every Friday.
  • SModcast. Every Sunday.

Only podcasts I listen to are the one's on spill.com. They're a movie reviewing website but they also do other podcasts discussing current hot topics in the world. They're pretty funny and if you like good podcasts you should check them out.

Art of Wrestling - LOVE it. It has really helped change my opinion on guys I hated going into the show. Colt does a great job.

Car Talk - It's an NPR show that airs on weekends. It's car advice, but the hosts are wildly entertaining so even if you know nothing about cars, it is a fun listen

Tell Em Steve Dave is the only thing I really listen to from SMod anymore as it still feels like friends just bullshitting and having a good time. As stated earlier HBO just is so paint by numbers now. "Hello, imitation, little news, and the god awful Liam Niesons cock bit". SModcast is no better as I nearly cringe listening to Kevin laugh at his own stuff for hours on in, I just do not think the guy is funny when he is high. Shame because I re-listen to older SMods so much. FeAB isnt to bad ether, I guess I really only listen to stuff in the Smodcast arena. I kind of want to get a good Football podcast if anyone has any good recommendations?

I should also point out that I've seen Bry and Q do Tell 'Em Steve-Dave Presents: Space Monkeys live at the Prince Charles Cinema in London. Not sure if I ever mentioned that before. A good time was had by all.

Tell Em Steve Dave is the only thing I really listen to from SMod anymore as it still feels like friends just bullshitting and having a good time.

I think that's what I like best about it, the humor just comes about naturally. They sit around & try to think up funny shit, they just are funny. Plus Walt flipping out on anything may be the greatest shit ever, any ep. that ends with Walt unloading pent up rage is just fantastic.

As stated earlier HBO just is so paint by numbers now. "Hello, imitation, little news, and the god awful Liam Niesons cock bit".

I still like HB-O & think it's better when Ralph has guest host, if I had it my way Kevin would only do one episode a month & Ralph would just bring in special guests for the other 3 weeks (just as long as it's not that Reitman chick, she fucking awful everytime). The Liam cock jokes are at the end of the show, so as soon as I hear the jingle for that crappy segment I usually stop listening, & move onto something else. You say that HB-O has become very paint by numbers, but it's not nearly as bad as Get Old, which for the past month has been almost cringe worthy. The show has literally turned into Kev reads tweets he wrote while high (in which we find out he clearly doesn't grasp the 140 character limit at all) this usually concludes with him sing a shitty song with the crowd, about anal sex, sucking dick not being gay in *insert town here*, then we get a Jason Mewes sex story, then a Jason Mewes drug story, then we play a air sex game (this annoys me to no end, VISUAL "HUMOR" ON AN AUDIO PODCAST DOES NOT FUCKING WORK, SO WHY THE FUCK IS HE INCLUDING IT?!?). This weeks Get Old wasn't as bad cause they just talked about Dogma & did a Q&A.

SModcast is no better as I nearly cringe listening to Kevin laugh at his own stuff for hours on in, I just do not think the guy is funny when he is high.

I've felt the same for awhile, there are episodes that are about 3 hrs. long, & I'm pretty sure a good 2 hrs. of them is Kev laughing & trying to talk, if Mosier wasn't so damn funny I'd probably stop listening to this one every week.

Shame because I re-listen to older SMods so much.

The older SMods had me in tears from laughing so hard. They're fantastic.

FeAB isnt to bad ether,

FeAB shows how funny Mosier is & it's a little easier to listen to because you don't have a fat stoner laughing while he's trying to talk.

I kind of want to get a good Football podcast if anyone has any good recommendations?

I'd recommend ESPN: Football Today, it comes out everyday during the season then twice a week in the offseason. Fantasy Focus Football is pretty good too, especially when the have Stephania Bell on to talk about the injury updates.

Pretty dead on with those descriptions, I really want to get back into SModcast but like I said I can not get past high Kev. I have a question you may be able to answer. I started listening to smod back around maybe episode 8 when it was on Quickstop, and back then it was the classic no intro theme, no constant plugs (outside a random think geek) and what I loved the most, music underscoring it. I had all the smods in that form before my computer fried and I am afraid to re download them on Itunes as they will likely be edited with no music, intro theme, and music taken out like they are when directly downloaded from smodcast.com. Do you know a way to get them in there old glory?

They never went back and edited music into the classic smods on itunes, I think once an episode goes up on itunes it stays as is as long as it's on there, they don't add new ads or the theme song to those old episode.

Scott Sigler Podcast books are worth checking out.

Other than those, most of my other podcasts that I get in are Wargaming related.

I think they actually put up re-edited SMods with no music underscoring them about a year ago, actually. They've not been touched since.

[*]The Tenderloins Podcast w/ The cast of Impractical Jokers (on TRUtv)

I had no clue that these guys have a podcast nor did I know that they did anything aside from the show. I'll be checking this out as I'm crazy about the show right now.

I haven't listened to many podcast lately, but there was a point recently where I was listening to at least one a day.

I did a few video game ones from IGN, specifically Podcast Beyond, and Gamescoop. IGN also does one called Knocking Boots which is more of a relationship podcast which is funnier than anyone would expect.

There's also a quick 30 min podcast produced each week from The Score, which is the sports channel in Canada where they air the WWE Shows that is pretty interesting called Ask the Ref. People write in and ask Former WWE referee Jimmy Koraris all sorts of questions ranging from his opinion on a certain subject or event, or something like "what was the atmosphere like when Mick Foley fell through the cell?"

The main host, Arda Oral is slightly annoying, especially during the opening banter, but Jimmy provides an interesting behind the scene look at some of the past event in WWE history.

I think they actually put up re-edited SMods with no music underscoring them about a year ago, actually. They've not been touched since.

I thought they only re-edited the ones for $Mod-cost (the pay service), everything else was left as is.

I had no clue that these guys have a podcast nor did I know that they did anything aside from the show. I'll be checking this out as I'm crazy about the show right now.

They just started a few weeks back, I think they've only done five episodes so far. They're doing a live podcast at the Gramercy Theater in NY on 8/25, tickets on sale now!

• Freakonomics Radio: If you've read the book, you'll know what to expect. An economist and journalist talk about interesting things. Every Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • Peacock & Gamble Podcast: Two British comedians talking for half an hour. It ended late last year, but I've been working my way through all 84 episodes for the past few months. If you're a fan of the "double act titting about" set-up, check it out.

There's also a quick 30 min podcast produced each week from The Score, which is the sports channel in Canada where they air the WWE Shows that is pretty interesting called Ask the Ref. People write in and ask Former WWE referee Jimmy Koraris all sorts of questions ranging from his opinion on a certain subject or event, or something like "what was the atmosphere like when Mick Foley fell through the cell?"

The main host, Arda Oral is slightly annoying, especially during the opening banter, but Jimmy provides an interesting behind the scene look at some of the past event in WWE history.

Yeah, this. I avoid the post-Raw podcast they do though. And that's 90% because of Nick Paglino's cameo.

Found a new podcast yesterday, Comicbook Club. It's basically a bunch of guys sitting in front of an audience with a guest each week, talking about comics & joking around. Pretty entertaining.

• Yeah, this. I avoid the post-Raw podcast they do though. And that's 90% because of Nick Paglino's cameo.

• Whenever I listen to anything with Arda, like the Ask the Ref podcast, I try to skip his banter/impressions/opinions on anything.

The Ask the Ref podcast is good as he isn't the focus and is only there to lob questions to The Ref. Every so often he tries to make a joke or just grab the attention, but for the most part he's only there to steer the conversation.

---------
    • The Comedy Button - A bunch of guys (mostly from IGN and Destroid) shoot the shit about life. Despite being from IGN and Destructoid, there is hardly ever video game chat.
    • Podcast Beyond - IGN's Playstation Podcast
    • Knockin' Boots - A hilarious relationship advice podcast (by IGN) that makes me feel good about my love life.
    • Game Scoop - General Video Game podcast

@Muffin I very much enjoy those Aftermath podcasts. The Daily Dose with Norm Sousa is always pretty funny.

Also, being a sports guy, I often listen to The Basketball Jones and Th Rich Eisen Podcast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back