US Title?

Louie Lips

Occasional Pre-Show
Okay. Recently the WWE has been bringing back the prestige of the IC title with the Jericho vs. Mysterio feud, as both have been world champ and Jericho has held the title more times than anybody else. Many can argue that this feud is currently the best in the business, and that they are putting on the best matches. They are main eventing Smackdown/Superstars, and having PPV matches. My question is when will the WWE do the same for the US title? The IC and US titles are supposed to be equivalent, but recently the IC title seems a lot more prestigous.

Yes, they are supposed to be equivalent but think about that, it is taking two of the most over, popular, greatest superstars of this generation, one putting up his entire gimmick pretty much, something that means more to him than anything, to bring prestige to a mid card title. Who on raw can feud over the US title? The IC title holds more prestige because that has been a WWF/E belt forever and the names that have held it contains some of the greatest ever, but the US title never has, and I dont think ever will, achieve that status. The US is mainly a mid-card title and thats all. Used to sometimes push a wrestler. The IC title is more of an upper-mid-card title. Even recently the names who held the IC title have much more of a legacy(Hardy,Jericho,JBL,Mysterio, back to Jericho) Now the list of US title holders (MVP, Matt, MVP Kofi). The US is just more of a mid-card hell purgatory title.

i think the time is now. with kofi as champ he is gonna do it but will need a great feud. would love to see him and mvp feud or mayb regal

The time is now!! After this storyline with the Miz, I would love to see Cena turn and feud for the US Title. Any Mid – Carder could use a rub from Cena and just imagine the US Title spinning again. I know Cena won’t turn heel anytime soon, so maybe after Kofi drops the Red White and Blue Strap to a Heel, then maybe Cena can drop down a level?? Imagine a Cena / Regal feud, or even a Cena / Matt Hardy feud. Maybe?? No?? Okay, fine.

Sorry to break it to you guys(not really), but the US title is not going to get pushed. Cena is not going to drop down a level. His status is too high now to be dropped. The IC title is more prestigious because of the people who have held it not because of the fued it's involved in.:smashfreakB:

The time is now!! After this storyline with the Miz, I would love to see Cena turn and feud for the US Title.QUOTE]

Seriously, WHAT ?!

I mean no harm but the US title is "just" a midcard title, not an upper midcard title and sure as hell no mainevent title.

There is no way that Cena is going to feud over the U.S title.
He is THE face of the WWE, he is larger then life.

Ok the idea with the rub is ok but why should Cena feud over the U.S title when he is constantly in the WWE title picture ?

Anyway the U.S title has the least prestige IMO of all the current titles and I don´t see that it´s any push for someone to carry that belt.

Is Kofi more popular since he´s the champ ? I doubt that.

The best question would be, does anyone care more about the holder of the U.S title ?

Okay, I only have 5 minutes, but if need be, I’ll continue later. So, let’s break this down. Cena, as everyone agrees, I assume, is a Main Event Wrestler. Check. In my eyes, the “levels” we’re speaking of, are:

1. Main event
2. Main Attraction (Main Event Non – Title)
3. Mid – Card Title
4. Mid – Card Non – Title
5. Lower Card (5 and 6/7 can be interchangeable)
6. Tag Team Title (5 and 6/7 can be interchangeable)
7. Tag Team Non – Title

One has to assume that a feud is on the level of its weakest link or at the very least, a combination of both, somewhere in the middle. Now, there is no Title involved in the Cena / Miz feud, so that automatically puts it down to the second level. Now, Miz, himself, is not a Main Event / Attraction Star, so that bumps that down another level. The U. S. Title is far from Miz’s reach as of right now, so that’s yet another level. So basically, this is a Mid – Card feud with a Star who happens to be, well a Main Eventer. Right now that puts Cena on “Level 4”, right. If Cena were to go for the US Title after the current feud, wouldn’t that be John going up a level?? He’s nowhere near A World Title right now, and he’s not facing a Main Event / Attraction Superstar. All I’m saying is, he won’t be the first and he won’t be the last, but Former World Champions have fought over and some even won a Mid – Card Title after being in the last match of any given PPV. Regardless of his popularity, it can and, in my opinion should happen. People all over the World (of WrestleZone) are complaining that the US Title isn’t $#!+ anymore and that the IC Title feud currently going with Y2J and 619 is great. Do you know why it’s great?? Because the two feuding for it are proven commodities in the WWE. Look at it this way, if Vince were to read my post, the first thing that will come to mind is the United States Spinning Title. The second thing to come to mind…MONEY!!

The WWE can say the IC and US titles are equivalent to each other but their really not. The IC title is a WWE original title whereas the US title is a WCW title. The IC title will always be more prestigious in WWE. If anything I see the US title as the newer version of the European title.

Thank you RH23! The IC strap is a hell of alot more prestigious than the US. The most important reason like you also said, Its a WWE original title. The US Title should have been dead & buried when WCW folded....cause it has & always will be a WCW Belt. They disgraced the belt when they made it a spinner. The spinners are not cool at all. They are fun if your 6 & you have the toy belt. Just like when John Cena fucked up the WWE Championship. I cant believe Vince let "THE TITLE" spin around in circles. Thank God Orton & HHH came around to change it (even though its still a hideous belt). But back to the subject, the IC Title will always mean more cause of the names that held it. Patterson, Muraco, Santana, Savage, Steamboat, Mr. Perfect, Bret & Owen, Razor, Diesal, Michaels, Rock, Stone Cold, CHYNA, Jericho, Angle, Guerrero, RVD, Edge, HHH, Orton, Benjamin (Main-Eventer if Vince will take advantage of him)...and o yea a man named Ric Flair. 'Nuff Said.

So last week on Raw, there was a battle royale for the number one contenders; in it were the brands main eventers, the champions stable and then you had four random guys. These four guys are the people who are currently involved in the US title picture.

You have Kofi, MVP, Matt Hardy and William Regal, all four men are talented in ring workers. You have four guys feuding after a belt and things are starting to snowball with this, patience is needed with this to come out, so just wait and see where it's going.

Ok the idea with the rub is ok but why should Cena feud over the U.S title when he is constantly in the WWE title picture ?

To get him out of the fucking title picture?

To be honest I would love Cena to go after the US title. No it's not as 'prestigious' as the IC but it's still a championship on the flagship show. It's great when a superstar has the balls to go "ok I'm gonna leave the big title alone for a bit and go for the US or IC". It wouldn't make the title better than the IC but it would make it worth watching.

It's like Jericho, he could (and maybe should) be going for the World Title but isn't. He went for the IC and won it. Now that feud is shitting over anything Raw is doing. If Cena took 3 months to win the title, feud with maybe Miz over it and ultimatley have Miz win it off him. Cena could then easily slot back into the WWE title picture if he wanted, the title would mean more to other superstars after a champ like Cena had it and would elevate Miz up. Miz is a midcarder but if he won the title from Kofi now no one would really care and he'd have a meaningless feud with Matt or MVP and would lose it and then get buried. If he won it off Cena it would boost both the title and him up and would make for a new, interesting and fresh story.

Sorry, bit of a rant there but I would love to see Cena step down to help the US title. It wouldn't hurt Cena, he's at that stage where he can do anything and still be able to walk straight back into the main event like HHH and Jericho etc.

I've always valued the IC as the better title, always being the one step before becoming World Champion. The US championship at the moment needs what the IC title has been given - world championship winners. Having Hardy, Kofi etc. is good, but Jericho is viewed as one of the best and neither of those stars are in his league. US championship is on Raw, yeah? Something HBK could help with when he returns. If he works his magic and makes us believe he truely wants that belt, as well as having his great matches when he does finally get the belt, that will definitely make it better.

The WWE can say the IC and US titles are equivalent to each other but their really not. The IC title is a WWE original title whereas the US title is a WCW title. The IC title will always be more prestigious in WWE. If anything I see the US title as the newer version of the European title.

My thoughts exactly, sort of.

Thank you RH23! The IC strap is a hell of alot more prestigious than the US. The most important reason like you also said, Its a WWE original title. The US Title should have been dead & buried when WCW folded....cause it has & always will be a WCW Belt. They disgraced the belt when they made it a spinner. The spinners are not cool at all. They are fun if your 6 & you have the toy belt. Just like when John Cena fucked up the WWE Championship. I cant believe Vince let "THE TITLE" spin around in circles. Thank God Orton & HHH came around to change it (even though its still a hideous belt). But back to the subject, the IC Title will always mean more cause of the names that held it. Patterson, Muraco, Santana, Savage, Steamboat, Mr. Perfect, Bret & Owen, Razor, Diesal, Michaels, Rock, Stone Cold, CHYNA, Jericho, Angle, Guerrero, RVD, Edge, HHH, Orton, Benjamin (Main-Eventer if Vince will take advantage of him)...and o yea a man named Ric Flair. 'Nuff Said.

This isn’t really a valid argument. The names you listed for the IC Title, in my opinion, are as equal to the names that held the US Title. As a matter of fact, half the names you named held the US Title. Superstars like, Luger, MVP, Greg Valentine, Rick Rude, Benoit, Sgt. Slaughter, Booker T., Steve Austin, Shelton Benjamin, Sting, Snuka, Dusty and Dustin Rhodes, Cena, Piper, Double J, Bret Hart, Big Poppa Pump, DDP, Big Show, Mr. Perfect, and oh yeah, a man named Ric Flair. There’s more to be said about the Red, White and Blue Strap. Believe me, they are equivalent, just not at the moment. There have been IC and US Champions that didn’t amount to $#!+ as far as Wrestlers, but that goes for every single Title ever created, even World Titles, even World Champions like Vince and David A.

To get him out of the fucking title picture?

To be honest I would love Cena to go after the US title. No it's not as 'prestigious' as the IC but it's still a championship on the flagship show. It's great when a superstar has the balls to go "ok I'm gonna leave the big title alone for a bit and go for the US or IC". It wouldn't make the title better than the IC but it would make it worth watching.

It's like Jericho, he could (and maybe should) be going for the World Title but isn't. He went for the IC and won it. Now that feud is shitting over anything Raw is doing. If Cena took 3 months to win the title, feud with maybe Miz over it and ultimatley have Miz win it off him. Cena could then easily slot back into the WWE title picture if he wanted, the title would mean more to other superstars after a champ like Cena had it and would elevate Miz up. Miz is a midcarder but if he won the title from Kofi now no one would really care and he'd have a meaningless feud with Matt or MVP and would lose it and then get buried. If he won it off Cena it would boost both the title and him up and would make for a new, interesting and fresh story.

Sorry, bit of a rant there but I would love to see Cena step down to help the US title. It wouldn't hurt Cena, he's at that stage where he can do anything and still be able to walk straight back into the main event like HHH and Jericho etc.

YES!! That's thinking outside the XBox!! It wouldn't hurt Cena at all and it would help everyone involved, directly (US Title feud) and indirectly (WWE Title feud). We may as well have Orton and HHH go for it too and say something along the lines of, “We never had that Title, let’s get it!!” That makes the Mid – Card strong as all hell and makes room for new Superstars to enter the World Title picture like MVP and Matt Hardy and Regal and Kofi. Why not just flip the whole world around and put the Main Eventers at the US Title scene and put the up and comers in the World Title scene?? After all, when it’s all said and done, the Titles are just “Props” as some of you might say. I didn’t say it, I just read it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back