[VIDEO] Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunne

This might be one of my favourite matches that I've ever seen. NXT has a good history of putting on excellent matches by allowing talented superstars good time to ply their trade and show the world what they can do. What's more, the pacing of the matches on NXT seem a lot more in line with the way wrestling is going these days. The days of slow paced matches with lots of hold moves are over. People want to be on the edge of their seats from the start to the finish. People want to feel like they are part of the match and that their support affects the performance of the wrestlers involved.

To that end, I don't think NXT ever got it so right than when this match occurred. Contested between Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne, this match gave two young superstars the platform and time to show the world that they were for real. This match came on the heels of a match between the two for the vacant UK Championship. And whilst that match was awesome too, this match went above and beyond anything that the first delivered.

Throughout the match, the pace was frenetic but controlled. The finish was a piece of art, quite frankly. And the winner? Well, it catapulted Pete Dunne towards superstar regards (as if he wasn't heading there anyway). One of the best matches I've ever seen.

Enjoy if you haven't already. Or if you have.

Pete Dunne has "it". He's got the look, he can make the audience cringe at his ferocity, and he can be damn captivating in his Progress promos.

I really wish that the WWE would take a chance on bringing him into the main roster. I see him as the second coming of Mick Foley, someone who you can't help but love even though he comes across as a dirty fighter.

Tyler Bate is no slouch either, he's insanely talented for someone of his age. It almost looks like Tyler Bate is having fun pulling off complicated moves, and he sells better than most of the main WWE roster.

I was extremely happy with this match, and from the beginning I expected nothing less than the epic show we fans were given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back