Warrior DVD Had Me Thinking...

NYSandman

Testicles. That is all.
I recently watched the "Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" DVD, and found it interesting. I also found that they did skewer the Warrior a lot. Now, I have the handicapped of still seeing him through the eyes of a child, and when I was still a HUGE mark, but I always liked the Warrior. You have to admit the guy had energy, and I personally thought his insane, unintelligible interviews were great. The guy was a maniac, and was entertaining. He wasn't that great a wrestler, but no worse than Hogan.

It surprises me how Hogan talked all that shit about the Warrior on DVD when he's been doing the same crap for years. Hogan was never, NEVER a good wrestler, at least not in WWE, but I still loved him. He talked all this shit about the Warrior not deserving money and how he was put over. Yeah, okay Hogan, like you don't demand insane money and use your influence to win every match, even against wrestlers with 1000 times your skill. Hogan had carisma, and so did the Warrior. Warrior is an asshole, and that shit he pulled asking Vince for extra money and the such was cold. But, I'll always remember the Warrior fondly. It's a shame he had to be such an asshole. Anyone else feeling some old love for the Warrior?

I always saw the Warrior as a loose cannon, and that made him great to watch... his interviews were nuts but he was funny sometimes... there was this video I remember watching of Warrior and King Hacksaw (yeah, that old) and Hacksaw was trying to keep a straight face as Warrior marched around behind him, with the 2x4 and the the Warrior was like "We're gonna roll out the red carpet treatment" out of no where! it was the funniest things I've ever seen!

The Warrior was great and every wrestler with a title becomes egotistical and wants more money... eh... it happens...

As much as I think the Warrior is untalented in the ring, he's never, ever seen wrestling as the focal point of his life. It was a means to an end and he was over like a motherf***er back in the day. It's very funny to me how much shit McMahon talks about him, when in fact Vince brought him back into the company at TWO separate times because he needed the Warrior, and not the other way around. That DVD was also done that way because Warrior still doesn't trust McMahon and he wouldn't play ball to do the DVD after the DOR videogame incident.

The reason Hogan and McMahon hate Warrior so much is that they finally met someone who is more self-serving and intelligent when it comes to watching out for their own best interests. They don't like this, and the fact is that Warrior kicked McMahon's ass business-wise and there is almost no one else on the planet that's ever done that and kept themselves at the advantage. Warrior took him to court and beat him, which he will likely do again due to the DVD and WWE's use of the Warrior logo in their videogames. He got a clean win over Hogan at a Wrestlemania and Hogan never got the chance to settle the score. What eats away at Hogan most was that he was still in his prime when he got beat. No excuses. No age issue. He lost. HHH was also pissed off because no matter how many titles he wins, Warrior stood up out of The Pedigree and squashed his ass like a bug at WM12 (even when HHH was considered a IC title contender, and not a jobber). For as crazy as Helwig might be (as I staunchly disagree with his homophobic, ultra-conservative views) I've pored through pages of his webiste diatribes and watched a couple of his speeches, and I will say that he is intelligent in a few aspects of his life. Protecting his wrestling character is definitely tops on the list. I wouldn't be surprised if Warrior beats him in court and those DVDs become collector's items. I just find the entire scenario funny, because it's basically a war of a$$holes fighting to be the dominant a$$hole.

for people who say warrior isnt as bad as hogan...think again. i've watched their match a couple of times and u can tell warrior has no timing and is completley random which makes him hard to deal with. as concervative as hogan is in the ring there is no doubt that he is better than warrior. warriors just a big guy who got lucky. vince brought him back for the reason he'd bring any big name back, for money. vince wanted a big guy so he gave warrior a second chance and ofcourse warrior messed it up by dissapointing the fans who payed to see him. as far as im concerned, threatening to not work a match(which is in his damn contract) until he gets more money is not good buisness, its complete bullshit. as bad as hogan can be, hes never put someone on the spot like that. so as far as having any love for the warrior, in the words of the messiah of wrestling...."no chance in hell"

I was never a fan of Hogan or Warrior surprisingly seen as I started watching during the Hogan era. But I certainly admire The Warrior more than I do Hogan. By all acount's he's a crazy fucker but he's a better buisnessman than Hogan and he does'nt seem to be motivated by greed like he is. I also have more respect for Warrior because he's realised the effect's that steroid's can have on you're body and he look's normal now. Wheras Hogan is still huge, he's bigger now than he was when he joined WCW in 1994, at his age that's just not right.

They never liked him. I'm guessing the warrior getting too stiff in the ring angainst lawyer was the reason they ruled in lawyer's favor. That was the warrior's punishment.

this might belong in the "Ask A Question" thread, but it pertains to this conversation.

What incident exactly was Kasey Talkin about when he said:
"That DVD was also done that way because Warrior still doesn't trust McMahon and he wouldn't play ball to do the DVD after the DOR videogame incident."

another question, is the dvd good? i'm interested in watching it, but i dont wanna pay for it if it ends up just being McMahon and Hulk talkin shit about him when he wasnt there at all to back himself up

i'm interested in watching it, but i dont wanna pay for it if it ends up just being McMahon and Hulk talkin shit about him when he wasnt there at all to back himself up
Theres more than just Mcmahon and Hulk talking shit. Everyone interviewed for the dvd didnt have anything positive to say about Warrior.
Try to find a video shop to rent it from it.I personally dont think it's worth buying.

I ,too, am also curious about the DOR videogame incident. I ve never heard of that.

this might belong in the "Ask A Question" thread, but it pertains to this conversation.

What incident exactly was Kasey Talkin about when he said:
"That DVD was also done that way because Warrior still doesn't trust McMahon and he wouldn't play ball to do the DVD after the DOR videogame incident."

another question, is the dvd good? i'm interested in watching it, but i dont wanna pay for it if it ends up just being McMahon and Hulk talkin shit about him when he wasnt there at all to back himself up
WWE prematurely announced that Warrior was appearing in the Gamecube release "Day of Reckoning." This was before they had even finalized the negotiations. Warrior was irritated at the business tactics and withdrew from the deal immediately. I remember this, because I was really bummed that Warrior was all of a sudden absent from the Legends roster of the game. However, if you play the game they left the Warrior logo in the game in the create-a-wrestler templates in a few areas. Warrior caught wind of this and took 'em to court. Vince originally asked Warrior to be a prime contributor to the DVD release ala' Bret Hart, but Warrior in no simpler terms told him to go piss up a rope. From the clips I've seen, it's basically a smear piece where everyone they can find takes turns ripping him, some of the people who barely even knew him. I think the Warrior is an asshole, but there is no denying the mark he left on the business, and the fact that Vince knew this and bent over backwards to suck Helwig's d*** on more than one occasion. Like I've stated many times before, McMahon dislikes Warrior because the guy is just as self-serving of a prick as Vince is, and Vince has never one-upped the guy. Hell, Warrior owns his trademark and beat WWF in court to get it. This is why McMahon has better contracts and won't let guys like The Dudleys have their name back. Warrior is one step ahead of Vince and has been for years...this was Vince's best idea of a retort. Too bad it's dumb enough to give Warrior and his attorney ammo in court as they filed suit over the DVD already.

I never was a fan of the Warrior, even as a kid. However, I find it funny how the Warrior has always gotten the best of McMahon. It's about time someone did.

Overall, it seems that certain guys that are within this inner circle get put over on these DVDs and others like the Warrior and also the Macho Man get trash

When i was a kid jst gettin into wrestling, the ultimate warrior allways stands out as my favourite wrestler to watch. His charisma and superstar look was amazing to watch as a kid. If the Ultimate Warrior had come out now, i probably would think this guy is crap and rubbish in the ring but the fact is he came out in the 80's/90's. The fact tht he ws the guy i wanted to see wrestle as a kid has made me respect him.

^Technically, yes. However, Hogan botched a fire throwing attempt and almost caught himself on fire trying to do it. That match was a prime example of how and why WWF steadily began kicking WCW's ass. I loved a lot of the other matches on that Havoc card...too bad that one still made it on there.

^I hadn't read that in a while. That made me laugh my ass off...again. I just enjoy how The Warrior has made a company out of pretty much nothing except racial and homophobic-slur laced speeches and actually has a guy that works for him. I love America. Perfect example of failing upwards.

LMAO that was fucking hilarious. After seeing the dvd and reading about all of warrior's speeches and whatnot i find it sad to think i used to cheer for the ultimate warrior when i was a kid.

LMAO that was fucking hilarious. After seeing the dvd and reading about all of warrior's speeches and whatnot i find it sad to think i used to cheer for the ultimate warrior when i was a kid.
You weren't the only one. I used to think he was the coolest when I was about nine and didn't know any better. Then I started to respect the member of that duo that actually progressed as a performer and became (in my opinion one of the best of all time)...Sting. It's funny to see how one of them became such a mellow dude compared to the other being a complete nutjob. Whenever I need a good laugh, I just watch the UConn speech that Warrior gave. Download of Warrior's Uconn tirade...free. Watching your old boyhood hero make a deluxe ass of himself...priceless. I better keep quiet, though. I don't want to instigate "The Ultimate Lawsuit."

I think he Should make a come HHH and Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage

Warrior-wwfchamp.jpg

I have been reading many posts about Warrior here on WZ Forums!
Now we can Discuss and hand it over that did Warrior Destroy himself?

For those who Dont know about the Story or the ones who want to know more you can just read this Warrior Story!

His First Run in WWF/E (1986-1992)

The Ultimate Warrior, one of the most controversial characters in the history of the wrestling industry. He legally changed his name to Warrior in 1993. He is one of the very few top card wrestlers in the business never to have been portrayed as ‘Heel’ by a promotion,As a World Wrestling Federation (WWF) superstar from the mid-80s to the early 90s, the Ultimate Warrior was known for his high-energy wrestling style and his Gorilla Press Slam,Warrior enjoyed two stints as Intercontinental Champion, defeating The Honky Tonk Man in 56 seconds at SummerSlam 1988 and Rick Rude at SummerSlam 1989. The Warrior was heralded as the wrestler to carry the torch after the pending retirement of Hulk Hogan in 1990. Following a few confrontations with Hogan, most notably at the 1990 Royal Rumble, the Warrior was written in as Hogan's opponent for WrestleMania VI. Warrior defeated Hogan on April 1, 1990, at SkyDome in Toronto, Ontario in the main event (which was billed "The Ultimate Challenge", as both Hogan's WWF World Title and Warrior's Intercontinental Title were both on the line) of WrestleMania VI. The Ultimate Challenge took place at WrestleMania's 2nd largest-sized venue after the Pontiac Silverdome, which the WWE state held 93,000 for WrestleMania III). The Warrior held the title until the Royal Rumble in January 1991, dropping the belt to Sgt. Slaughter (thanks to interference by Randy "Macho Man" Savage). During his title reign, he was also part of the WWF tour to Japan, where his style was not appreciated by the Japanese audiences more accustomed to technical matches even among traditional brawlers.

The First Controversy:

His first run with the WWF ended in August 1991, over a pay dispute with WWF owner Vince McMahon. Warrior had reportedly threatened McMahon just before the main event for SummerSlam teaming the Warrior with Hulk Hogan against Sgt. Slaughter, Colonel Mustafa, and General Adnan, saying he would not compete unless he was paid a certain amount of money. It is unclear whether this sum was an amount the Warrior felt was owed to him for previous work (as he has often claimed), or whether it was a new demand. The amount was never disclosed to the public and after the Ultimate Warrior chased Adnan and Mustafa backstage, McMahon promptly fired him, although he did pay Warrior the amount that was demanded. He would then be re-hired in 1992.

Return of Warrior and then Departure then Return then Departure:

In the summer of 1992, he returned to the main event scene with a well-built feud with Randy Savage (who had been reinstated in late 1991), culminating in a WWF Championship match at SummerSlam. In front of over 80,000 people, the largest crowd of his career, The Warrior would win by countout, but did not regain the title.

Late in 1992, Warrior was scheduled to be the tag team partner of Savage at Survivor Series. Weeks before the event, however, Warrior and WWF were at odds again, arguing over who had creative rights to the Ultimate Warrior name as well as creative differences as to how the Warrior's character should be used. Though popular belief was that the Warrior was actually supposed to start a feud with Nailz, the WWF states that his reason for leaving was a "violation" found in his system during a random drug test. This occurred at the height of Warrior's ongoing marketing/financial differences with Vince McMahon, the owner and CEO of Titan Sports and World Wrestling Federation. Titan Sports—and specifically, the WWF—was under intense scrutiny of its drug policies including "performance-enhancing" drugs, the most prominent being steroids. According to Bret Hart during an interview with the Below the Belt show, the WWF was actually preparing to have a Hart/Warrior match at Royal Rumble 1993. But Warrior was replaced by Razor Ramon after he left.After several years spent mostly outside of the wrestling limelight, Warrior returned to the WWF in 1996, squashing future superstar Hunter Hearst Helmsley at WrestleMania XII. Triple H refers to his match against Warrior as "not my best event," and has referred to Warrior as "the most unprofessional guy I have ever worked with." Following WrestleMania, Warrior participated in brief feuds with Goldust and Jerry Lawler.The WWF terminated Warrior's contract when he took time off allegedly to grieve the death of his father. WWF owner Vince McMahon claimed that Warrior had not seen his father in ten years and didn't care much for him; therefore, he did not take Warrior's excuse for missing bookings at face value. Warrior disputes Vince's explanation, claiming that the real reason why he no-showed those events was a breach of contract by McMahon. In 1995, The Renegade debuted in WCW as Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage's "secret weapon," using ring attire and mannerisms that closely resembled Warrior's. Renegade was later used as Warrior's stunt double when Warrior himself was in WCW for a brief time in 1998.

The Self-Destruction:

On September 27, 2005, WWE released a DVD documentary focusing on Warrior's retrospective wrestling career, entitled The Self-Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior. The DVD featured clips of his more notable feuds and matches along with commentary from WWE stars past and present (some of which are largely unflattering), the DVD has provoked some controversy due to Warrior's own allegations of libel by WWE against him, and his wife. Originally, Warrior was asked to help with the production of the DVD, but as he refused to work with WWE (citing he did not want to be associated with their promotion), there has been some resulting animosity between Warrior and WWE over the content and his vehement accusations of bias.

Warrioroncspan.jpg

After the release of the DVD, Warrior was asked to appear on Byte This!, WWE's weekly webcast program, ostensibly to air his side of the story. He refused the offer, instead opting to issue a paragraph-long controversial statement, responding back to the insults of host Todd Grisham by calling him a "queer", and frequent contributor Droz a "cripple." This led to Matt Striker subsequently appearing on Byte This! and performing an unflattering impression of Warrior, including numerous references to the abuse of steroids. Striker, Grisham, and Droz shared several jokes at Warrior's expense, and an edited version appeared on WWE.com days later - the edits chosen giving the segment a less vitriolic feel than what was originally broadcast.A week after this parody aired, JBL was featured on the show and angrily criticized and mocked Warrior, angry at his recent calling of his real-life friend Droz as "crippled." He angrily called Warrior an "absolute piece of shit" and said he "can't stand the son of a bitch." JBL would, however, admit to the fact that he and Warrior had no previous grudge - he was simply angry about Warrior's original statements.

Ultimate Warrior!

Discuss and Speak about it!

I love the DVD, it's quite possibly one of the best and most entertaining that the WWE has ever produced. Its great how they talk about how everyone thought the Warrior had died when he returned in 1992 because he had gotten smaller and not had been working out as much. Heh.

It's a shame though that Warrior gets compared to Hogan as much as he does, sure...they were both around and the two biggest WWF/E starts of the whole 80s body builder-larger than life sensation...but at least Hulk Hogan has some crediblity when it comes to wrestling in NJPW and stuff.

Anyway, back to the Warrior...I think I'm going to go watch the DVD right now.

I remember reading an article on Warrior's website where he talks about wanting to make a return match in TNA and possibly wrestle Goldberg. He makes sure to say that he would be much more expensive than Goldberg and didn't know if TNA could afford to pay him (can they even afford to pay me to wrestle Goldberg? I don't know!). Evidently TNA wasn't interested because they never contacted Warrior. Good, I say. Can you imagine a match between Warrior and Goldberg? Especially now?

yea it d be the dullest match of the millenium.

Warrior is a washed up has been.

and Goldberg's repotoire of 3 moves is just oh so impressive.

Nobody could afford to pay Warrior to wrestle anymore. He thinks the world got frozen in time at the height of his popularity and he could still draw an audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back