Who Wins This Matchup?

• Lou Thesz

• Randy Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois.

united-center-feature1.jpg

Lou_Thesz_by_Tim_Hornbaker-500x600.jpg

#6. Lou Thesz

Vs.

randy-orton-bio.png

#11. Randy Orton

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Where's Gelgarin to let people know how ignorant they would be to put Orton over Lou Thesz? NO?

Guess I'll have to do it.

Lou Thesz may be one of the most innovative and decorated wrestlers of all time. Countless big names were influenced by Thesz, including Orton. Orton's made a name for himself that's even bigger than his dad's, but Thesz is an icon who wrestled into his 70's and could still go, too.

Vote for Thesz. No one will fault you for it.

I love me some Randy Orton. I think he's great. Really. I find it hard to pick his prime, because he's bloody entertaining. As a face I think he works very well. As a heel he's probably a tad better...as long as he isn't doing that slow methodical nonsense circa 2009. His recent work as "The Face of WWE" as the guy with all the potential in the world but was such a spineless coward he needed all the assistance on the planet was a master stroke. He isn't Lou Thesz though.

Randy Orton maybe wishes he was Lou Thesz. I'm sure he at least wishes he could do a Thesz Press as good as it's innovator. Thesz is a pioneer, one who was the top dog in the world of professional wrestling and one who would defeat and conquer all sorts, including snivelling cowardly bad guys probably (wrestling was a wee bit different in Thesz’s hey-days). Orton's a tough bloke. Check out that RKO/Batista Bomb spot at Mania. Nasty. Lou Thesz is tougher, nastier even. Would be good. Would be entertaining. Would be Thesz.

Lou Thesz is one of the greatest pro wrestlers ever. He was the Rock/Cena/Hogan of his era; and an era that lasted for several decades. He was a world wide star in a era were there were no world wide known promotions. He held establish pro wrestling almost everywhere in the world. His legacy is immense, awe inspiring, and prodigious. As a draw he had the power to make people superstars and house hold names just by associating himself with them. And not only that but the man was a legit ass kicker too. People like to hype up Brock because of his skills, well Thesz was "The Beast Incarnate" long before Lesnar was ever born.

Randy is a big name too. One of the best of the modern era. But he doesn't hold a candle to Thesz. Not even close. So the winner should be Lou Thesz.

Orton is great. I am growing a bit tired of him, but he is one of the best of this era. Like has been mentioned already, Thesz is the best of his time, and one of the best all time. It would most definitely be a great match, and Thesz would most definitely win.

Or. Ton. Is. Shit. He. Can. Only. Talk. Like. This. It's. Not. Psy. Cho. Log. Ic. Al. It's. Slow. And. Bor. Ing.

Lou Thesz on the other hand is arguably the most influential and greatest wrestler of all time. He has to win here.

Thesz is one of, if not the best of all time. Despite having everything WWE could want, Orton can't even be the guy in modern WWE. Thesz moves on.

I'm actually kind of tempted to vote for Orton but I can't do it. Can the Legend Killer kill THE legend? I don't think so. Orton has been a top guy for a decade now but he goes through bouts of inconsistency. Thesz was consistently on top for multiple decades. Thesz wins this one.

I'm actually kind of tempted to vote for Orton but I can't do it. Can the Legend Killer kill THE legend? I don't think so. Orton has been a top guy for a decade now but he goes through bouts of inconsistency. Thesz was consistently on top for multiple decades. Thesz wins this one.

I'm feeling exactly the same here. Beating Thesz would certainly be a huge feather in the cap for Orton, a man who made his name by beating "legends".
However, as much of an Orton fan as I am, I would have to vote guys like Austin, Cena and Hogan over him in this tournament...so I have to vote for Thesz too, as he is also one of the all time greats. Orton is the level below.

Lou Thesz was a legend when wrestlers barely left their feet. None of the black and white TV area guys could hold a candle to wrestlers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back