WCW Region, Third Round, 15 Min Iron Man Match:(2)Randy Savage vs.(7)Ultimate Warrior

Who wins this match?

• Randy Savage

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.
Allow me to clear this up for you. Yes, ignore the venue. It's meaningless. Look at the picture instead. That's the Ultimate Warrior that's in this match. The only reason you would take the venue into consideration is if you're desperate to find a reason to vote against Warrior and you just can't find one.

Thank you gentle mod.

(Sigh), Five elbows and a kickout. I was a Warrior fan growing up, no point letting that going to waste.

Complete Destrucity.

I voted Savage. Neither guy is going down in 15 minutes. Savage 1-0 after Warrior freaks out after the 15 minutes is up and he ends up getting counted out instead of completing the match. This is WCW people. You were expecting a clean, straight forward finish why? 15 minute iron man means this is on Nitro, not at WM.

I'm going with Savage because of something I believe many people are overlooking - Savage wasn't always a heel during his prime (in fact both times he won the WWF World Belt - he was a good guy) and the Savage that Warrior defeated was a heel. Make this an all round good guy match and the water gets decidedly more murky as (I believe) there is no conclusive decision in this case because the one high profile match they had under this direction was dictated by outside heel interference.

As such, given Randy's greater record for endurance and obvious greater wrestling technique, I think he would take this match long after the quarter hour has come and gone with a nice simple roll up reversing a gorilla slam attempt.

I'm going with Savage because of something I believe many people are overlooking - Savage wasn't always a heel during his prime (in fact both times he won the WWF World Belt - he was a good guy) and the Savage that Warrior defeated was a heel. Make this an all round good guy match and the water gets decidedly more murky as (I believe) there is no conclusive decision in this case because the one high profile match they had under this direction was dictated by outside heel interference.

As such, given Randy's greater record for endurance and obvious greater wrestling technique, I think he would take this match long after the quarter hour has come and gone with a nice simple roll up reversing a gorilla slam attempt.

I don't get this. Warrior had his peak as a pro wrestler in a face vs face dynamic, and endurance doesn't come into effect at all in a 15m ironman match.

Plus, at Summerslam 1990, Warrior won the match, albeit by countout. Since that's the main argument for Savage to win inside 15m I think it's relevant. I agree there was a lot of tomfoolery involved though, with Savage being the man to take on Flair/Perfect and bumping his knee in the process. The main image I have from that match though is Warrior making the save against the dastardly heels and being the man standing tall at the end of the match, after beating Savage via countout. I'd say a slight indicator that Warrior has the edge even face vs face.

edit; just caught that you said long after the time limit has elapsed. fair enough. He was on top vs Savage at the 28m mark at Summerslam 1992 and won at 21m in a one fall match at Wrestlemania, where no Savage rollup could aid. I don't think theres enough evidence that a face Savage would do any better.

I don't get this. Warrior had his peak as a pro wrestler in a face vs face dynamic, and endurance doesn't come into effect at all in a 15m ironman match.

Plus, at Summerslam 1990, Warrior won the match, albeit by countout. Since that's the main argument for Savage to win inside 15m I think it's relevant. I agree there was a lot of tomfoolery involved though, with Savage being the man to take on Flair/Perfect and bumping his knee in the process. The main image I have from that match though is Warrior making the save against the dastardly heels and being the man standing tall at the end of the match, after beating Savage via countout. I'd say a slight indicator that Warrior has the edge even face vs face.

edit; just caught that you said long after the time limit has elapsed. fair enough. He was on top vs Savage at the 28m mark at Summerslam 1992 and won at 21m in a one fall match at Wrestlemania, where no Savage rollup could aid. I don't think theres enough evidence that a face Savage would do any better.

So Warrior goes over a good guy Savage because Savage was taken out by Ric Flair and Curt Hennig because he made the save? Savage was attacked, not Warrior, of course he's going to be standing tall - he wasn't blindsided! There is no outside interference here - he won't get a cheap countout victory.

Yes, Warrior beat Hogan but Hogan doesn't have the stamina that Randy has either. The longer this match would go, the more Savage's chances improve and he does have the added advantage in having the ability to reverse something like the gorilla press. Warrior was a full on attack guy, Savage was an expert at conserving energy - the longer this runs, the more it becomes Savage's bout. Loads of people have come on here saying they prefer Randy but have to vote for Warrior because he won when they faced, I call bullshit - when they faced good guy on good guy the result was far from conclusive and I think that Warrior going flat out to try and win in 15 minutes would just play into Savage's hands because, although he was a face at his peak, he still had a heel background to his advantage to know how to tire the Warrior out.

Stamina? The longer the match goes? It's only 15 minutes. It's a no-brainer that Hogan could go 15 minutes. If Warrior can win 20 minute matches against Hogan and Savage, why would I question his stamina?

Stamina? The longer the match goes? It's only 15 minutes. It's a no-brainer that Hogan could go 15 minutes. If Warrior can win 20 minute matches against Hogan and Savage, why would I question his stamina?

Who says it's only 15 minutes? Michaels and Hart went an hour without score. If there is no score after the 15 minutes does the referee just call draw? Nope - this is a knockout tournament were there must be a winner and the longer it runs the more chance Randy has of winning.

I think it would be a true wrestling match but warrior would win at the last second when randy may win as far as attributes randy savage would definitely win but for this one i think warrior would win that one.:icon_neutral:

The Warrior goes over Macho Man.., I am not now, nor have I ever been a fan of the Ultimate Warrior, but facts are facts. The guy NEVER lost...EVER! Randy Savage was a consummate professional, and did ALL the right things inside the ropes, but the fact remains that he never, EVER beat UW. I love me some Savage, but he goes down here..sad, but true. In a 15 minute Iron Man match, Savage hangs, but no one ever beat the Warrior, and I have to say that Savage isn't gonna do it either.. Warrior moves on...AGAIN, Dammit!!!!

u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back