Who could do with a rub off Triple H?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was looking at the WWE Main roster and it got me thinking who could triple H work with to give them that big push to get over as a heel or a legit Face here are my chooses first

Alberto Del Rio: he had all the promise in the world but since he lost to edge at WM27 he hasnt really recovered in the fans eyes, He is great on the mic and not to shabby in the ring and a program with HHH might just be what he needs to refresh him as a monster heel.

Thoughts?

Wade Barrett: when he first came along people thought he could be the next triple h but he hasnt really done anything since the nexus angle, so if Wade Barrett decided to go after HHH for whatever reason would make great TV you could even throw Vince in for good measure to get even more heat on Barrett you could even reform the nexus for shit and giggles and even have a DX (the one from 1000th raw) vs Nexus

Thoughts?

theirs my 2 chooses I know you guys will have other guys in mind I Look forward to reading about them

Wade Barrett or Damian Sandow once Team Rhode Scholars breaks up. Sandow reminds me of a lot of Triple H when he first debuted as Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Like Barrett, Sandow is great on the mic, but need that one fued to get them over to the next level.

Barrett hasn't done much since Nexus and was on a roll until he got hurt earlier this year. Barrett isn't getting much younger ( 32 I do believe) so the time is now or never for him as Sandow still has some time and he's still pretty new.

Nexus vs DX would be cool, but this is to put Wade over once and for all, so he'd be the better choice. Have him cut off Triple H the next time he comes out to say anything or make some sort of announcement since he's going to take Vince's spot eventually and have it go from there.

Barrett or Sandow are both good choices. Both are guys that have a lot of talent and a rub from Triple H would really propel their careers to another level.

I also think Antonio Cesaro would benefit from a feud against Triple H. I know it's unlikely to happen given that Cesaro is currently the United States Champion, but this could be what gets Cesaro over the hump. Cesaro is someone that hasn't had a major feud as of yet. He's done his best with what WWE has given him thus far and that's really all that can be asked. All in all, to be honest, there's just not that much to work with right now when he's against the likes of Brodus Clay or R-Truth. A feud with Triple H in which Cesaro is able to score at least one or two significant wins would do a lot for him I think. Look what being in a feud with CM Punk has done for Ryback's popularity.

Any member of The Shield could also gain a lot from feuding against Trips. The two getting the most attention are Ambrose & Rollins. Seeing as how Triple H is a big supporter & fan of both these two, I think there could be a legit chance of seeing him up against one or both of them somewhere in the not too distant future.

Wade Barrett or Damian Sandow once Team Rhode Scholars breaks up. Sandow reminds me of a lot of Triple H when he first debuted as Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Like Barrett, Sandow is great on the mic, but need that one fued to get them over to the next level.

Barrett hasn't done much since Nexus and was on a roll until he got hurt earlier this year. Barrett isn't getting much younger ( 32 I do believe) so the time is now or never for him as Sandow still has some time and he's still pretty new.

Nexus vs DX would be cool, but this is to put Wade over once and for all, so he'd be the better choice. Have him cut off Triple H the next time he comes out to say anything or make some sort of announcement since he's going to take Vince's spot eventually and have it go from there.

The time isnt now or never for anyone. 32 is still rather young when you consider peoples ages in the history of wrestling. Batista was around 36 when he became big in terms of star power after making his debut around the age of 33.

Also, you do realise Damien Sandow is only a year younger than Wade Barrett. Just because he made his debut 2 years after him, doesnt make him any younger.

Anyone would recieve a massive boost to their career if they managed to beat HHH. Barrett, Cesaro, Rhodes and Sandow are probably the obvious choices. But I'd also go so far as to say Dean Ambrose, Heath Slater or Drew Mcintyre would be good choices after they're built up a bit more. Especially Heath and Drew as right now they're not exactly serious contenders for anything but both have huge potential.

Triple H said earlier in the year that he wants to work heel again. The WWE has faces also, you know...

If we take a look at the faces that get featured, we have Cena and Sheamus. Both are the Chuck Norris of their brand.

Then we have Rey, Ryback and Hell No doing their own thing, Randy Orton (who actually has a lot of storyline history with HHH) MIA.

I believe that leaves Miz and Kofi. I think these two need only a small push to break that glass ceiling.

I think Alberto Del Rio is a great choice. I thought that Del Rio's first mania match should have been being put over by Trips, if they really wanted him to succeed. Barrett would also be another entertaining opponent for HHH.

My 3 Choices:

3.)Dolph Ziggler: For years I have said a Ziggler/HHH feud would be FANTASTIC! They just seem like such complimentary opponents. & I would really like to see a full program around a Summerslam or Mania between the two.

2.)Damien Sandow: Ever since he debuted there have been a select number of performers I have REALLY wanted to see Sandow face & HHH is tied for 1st. I think these two could put on not only a fantastic match but a great program as well.

1.)Dean Ambrose: One of my absolute favorite superstars already & as the leader of rouge faction, an Ambrose/HHH feud at Mania, COO vs. Rogue Leader, would not only be AWESOME IMO but would be VERY logical. A big rub like a feud with the current COO & legend in HHH would do WONDERS for the Shield as a whole, but as the leader could be monumental for Ambrose. I think as far as gaining the most benefits from HHH, Ambrose is #1.

IMO HHH could give the best rubs as a heel. As much as I don't like Ryback imagine a heel HHH working with Ryback. That could really put Ryback over the top. Remember what Mick Foley did for HHH? HHH could do the exact same thing for Ryback. HHH could beat him down at every turn, and Ryback would have to dig deep and find his dark side to finally over come The Game. Someone else had mentioned Kofi Kingston and I agree with that one too for the same reasons as Ryback. Kofi has shown flashes of that killer instinct, but he would really have to throw everything he had at HHH to beat him. I would like to see an HHH/Kofi feud just to see if that is what would be needed to finally get Kofi super over. When I think of a guy that gave many stars that last bit of whatever was needed to hit that top level I think of Mick Foley. He helped The Rock, HHH himself, Randy Orton, and Edge. I am sure there are more, but that is all I can think of now. My point is I can see no reason why HHH can't be that person for today's generation of stars.

Not to sure. I read a lot of post on here where people bitch about HHH. They say he doesn't give a rub and he "buries" people instead of putting them over.

If he was to give a rub to anyone I'd go with someone he seems to be high on. Brad Maddox. Yeah, I know, weird choice right. I don't believe the dirt sheets to much, since they report dirt 90% of the time. The thing is to me it would make sense. I don't know to much about Maddox, but I am sure the WWE can figure out a way to tie in trips into his story. It could work, have the sympathy face in Maddox, then have Trips, be the heel not wanting him in his company. Something like that.

So my choice is Brad Maddox.

I think it depends on which Triple H we're talkin about. If its the current face company man HHH then a feud with Wade Barrett or Damien Sandow would be ideal. Now if we are talkin about the cerebral assassin sledgehammer carrying HHH then the perfect opponent is Ryback. Imagine HHH playing mind games with him until a big match at WM. Taker vs Hunter bell in the cell was great but these two together would be epic

CM Punk could have used that rub last year. There was no reason for HHH to win that match against Punk, even if it took 3 Pedigrees to defeat Punk.

The two guys who I believe would benifit the most a rub by HHH have to be Ryback and Dolph Ziggler. Both men can now be classed as main eventers and if WWE want to keep it that way then having them feud with Triple H could really help cement there position.

CM Punk could have used that rub last year. There was no reason for HHH to win that match against Punk, even if it took 3 Pedigrees to defeat Punk.

This, This, and This again.

What makes anyone think Hunter is going to give a guy that "rub".

He couldn't resist putting himself over Punk, and then quickly altering the story set-up as to never allow Punk the opportunity to get that win back. Even in the WWE world where trading wins is the accepted norm, Hunter couldn't even do Punk that favor. And Punk was an already over, multiple time world champ, in the midst of a mega-push.

Its one thing for Hunter to job to Taker, one of the very few guys that Hunter sees as on his level, its another thing to think that he's going to do that same job to some young not yet fully established superstar just to give that guy a needed "rub".

Nothing in his history gives any indication that this would even have a remote chance to go down.

The only possibility that exists... Sheamus. They're extremely close. If you're gonna have to put another guy over, make sure he's your buddy. That's the Clique metality.

Hopefully Hunter will change one day and prove me wrong. But I'm not holding my breath.

I was gonna say Wade Barrett at first but then I saw The Shield mentioned, and frankly I like that one better and it would make perfect sense in storyline too considering The Shield are rallying against injustice and HHH is helping run the company. I don't think I'd wanna see just one member of the group feuding with HHH though, I'd want all 3 guys to benefit from going up against HHH, so HHH could recruit DX (Dogg & Billy, not X-Pac since he looked so out of it on RAW 1000) to back him up, resulting in a DX vs. Shield match on PPV in which The Shield go over huge. The idea of a DX vs. Shield feud sounds pretty intriguing actually, it would be the original rebel faction of the WWE taking on the new rebel faction of the WWE. A funny segment just came to mind, where DX on RAW come out to cut a promo on The Shield and they make their entrance in the tank they used to invade WCW, and at the end of the promo The Shield run out and take out DX before stealing their tank and invading WWE Headquarters to, I dunno, complain about HHH and the injustice in the company, lol. It won't happen but it's just funny to think about.

As mentioned at the beginning of my post, Wade Barrett is a guy who I'd love to see feud with HHH and get a big rub off of (not in that way, you sick freaks). I put Wade Barrett vs. HHH down as one of the matches I'd like to see at Wrestlemania in a previous WM 29 fantasy card thread down in Wrestling Spam Zone. A feud between these two could be really fun to watch- the promos would be excellent, the mind-games they'd play on each other would be awesome, actually the feud could be over Wade Barrett and HHH competing with each other for the "Cerebral Assassin" moniker, and the match could be decent.

I say Sheamus, some of the superstars listed need to be built up further before they can be put over by someone on the level of Triple H. I'd like to see Sheamus get into a personal feud with Triple H. With Triple H being involved, you know that the WWE will give proper attention to it and Sheamus is looking for that final feud to try and get himself onto the level of Punk or even Cena. If the feud is well written and makes Sheamus look strong, then I can see him benefiting from this.

The Shield - Let Hunter be the next guy to get taken out, have him put together a group with two more guys for a match (they are really trying to face up Del Rio and Miz, why not) and have it end with them standing over him. Set it up with Miz and Del Rio getting a new shitty partner to face 3mb every week and after the match, have shield sexually assault them. Then after awhile, work HHH in there and you got a match.

Ziggler - Start it with a superkick....I can't think of a more appropriate opening scene. We have Big E (and his giant chode legs) running around, so HHH has someone to hit with a sledge hammer and still lose.

Orton - It's happened, but not in awhile. Heel Orton vs HHH at mania. Maybe we can get the WM Orton win we should have had years ago.

Punk - Give HHH a reason to go for the title, and have punk retain; I know a HHH match doesn't need the title, but it would add something we haven't seen with the two. For the record...this isn't gonna happen.

Barrett....no. He is not impressive right now, his nose is big and going in almost every direction (I guess thats what happens when you get punched in the face 2400 times). My main problem with Barrett is the boredom I feel during every single one of his matches. I would rather see a match with HHH and Cesaro...the match would be 10 times better than a Barrett match. Unfortunatly, no one gives a shit about Cesaro, even though his matches are always unique and fun to watch.

I don't think Sheamus will work if he is the face, HHH will have the crowd.

MY CHOICE. no one, for awhile. The build to WM has Rock, Lesnar, probably Taker. HHH may have one between Summerslam and the following Mania. By that point, we might see a HHH vs Ryback, HHH vs Del Rio, HHH vs Ambrose, HHH vs Big E, HHH vs Vince (death match, ha)...characters can change a lot over a year.

I would have to go with Ziggler. Only because he doesnt have that intense commanding voice. I just think if he carried himself around like HHH did it would put him over more at a respectable heel. Right now he is just a respectable wrestler/entertainer. I dont find him as the Heel yet.
Also I wouldnt disagree on the following, Barrett, Sandow, and Sheamus. I dont think Orton, Punk or really anyone else needs the "rub" they already have a great gimmick as heel and are over. With Orton we already know what we are getting when he is heel its just a matter of time.

I have allways believe that Barret should get that rub since he has a lot of similarities to a heel Triple H, so that is definitly one of my choices, other choices like many people say, Sandow or Cesaro, someone even mentioned Cody Rhodes, like i said before, Cody has gone as far as he can go, not even Triple H or the Undertaker can give him that rub, and i wouldn't mind seeing the Miz getting a feud with him, the guy deserves it, and the only other one that comes to mind and definitly deserves it is Daniel Bryan, Triple H can do for Bryan what Foley did for him, elevate his career to the moon.......

Triple H said earlier in the year that he wants to work heel again. The WWE has faces also, you know...

If we take a look at the faces that get featured, we have Cena and Sheamus. Both are the Chuck Norris of their brand.

Then we have Rey, Ryback and Hell No doing their own thing, Randy Orton (who actually has a lot of storyline history with HHH) MIA.

I believe that leaves Miz and Kofi. I think these two need only a small push to break that glass ceiling.

When is the last time HHH worked Heel? I dont think he can. For the past ten years he's always been that unstoppable bad ass. He's a poor excuse for a heel.

Triple H lately only seems willing to work with his friends (Sheamus, Nash) or just insert himself into whatever big storyline they have going like Takers WM streak, Lesnar return, Cena/Punk feud. He seems intent on trying to turn himself into a special attraction like an Undertaker, Rock and Lesnar.

I would love to see him work with some of the up and comers like Ryback, Sandow, Cesaro etc but I just don't see it happening. None of those feuds are going to benefit his own career, so no way Hunter is going to wrestle any of those guys.

Not that he's one of my choices, but I'm shocked that we haven't seen a Sandow vs HHH feud. Sandow is one of HHH's boys and, thankfully, can be his own presence in a match against HHH instead of another generic wannabe.

People I'd like to see put (more) over by HHH (anyone).

Dolph Ziggler. The biggest flaw in his game is that he gives too much to his opponents, otherwise he's one of the few people on the roster that doesn't put me to sleep. Maybe have him and AJ engage HHH and Steph for a notable feud.

Kofi Kingston. Yeah, he's the guy they made redundant on purpose because that's the fate of every black athlete who makes it to the big time. While the WWE bookers are racist pieces of shit, maybe they could slow down for half a year and allow a Kofi HHH feud meant to put Kofi over. Have HHH tell an irate Kofi that he was never handed anything and he had to fight for his reputation, they feud over the idea that beating HHH will make you worthy of major title contention.

Posted from Wrestlezone.com App for Android

I think they could do an Evolution vs The Shield match at WM. They already attacked Orton and Flair. Triple H represents a lot of what The Shield are against as an executive type. It would also be a great opportunity to turn Orton heel by having The Shield remind Orton of how he was kicked out of Evolution and that Triple H can't be trusted. I know that it was used before by Edge when they started Rated RKO, but at least its logical.

I think a feud with Wade Barrett would be a perfect way to advance Barrett into the main event picture. I definitely see the two having many hard hitting matches with each other and very stiff style street fights and brawls. Also it would get Barrett out of being in meaningless Intercontinental title reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back