World Champion First-Jomo or Drew McIntyre

Who wins a World Title first Jomo or Drew McIntyre

• John Morrision

• Drew McIntyre

Results are only viewable after voting.

peep4life

FUTURE WWE CHAMPION-ME
Im gonna steal a Thread Idea from sam_the_man_2.
Who wins a World Title First John Morrision or Drew McIntyre?To me its a Hard decision It was reported Drew was suppossed to win the MITB at the MITB PPV last July but plans changed and Kane won and yall know the rest of the story.
Then you have Jomo he's been giving alot of Oh My God! moments lately and some feel he'll win MITB at WM this year(if they have it).

For me I gotta go with Drew McIntyre. I really dont know why I just feel Vinny aint gonna put the title on Jomo for some damn reason. I feel he would be more willing to put the title on Drew. The only thing holding Drew back right now(to me) is he's not as over as you would want him to be, If Drew can get over alittle more He'll be wearing World Title gold sooner than later.

John Morrison, easily. The problem with Drew is that he's already being viewed as one giant disappointment in the WWE by management. Moreover, he just hasn't shown that he's got what it takes to be a real star. He's bland in the mic; has horrible charisma; unattractive personality; and worst of all, he's, well, boring. Sure, he can put on some pretty good matches from time to time, but I just can't help but yawn every time he gets some camera time.

Morrison, on the other hand, has been getting insanely over as of late. Whether it be through his amazing acrobatics, or his improvement on the mic - Morrison is slowly getting more fans than he has gotten 'haters.' The pops Morrison gets every week only get louder - seeing him win only get people happier. John Morrison is fast rising on the popularity rankings.

Based on this, and the fact that it seems as if management is pretty happy with the way Morrison is progressing, is the reason why Morrison will bee champion first. Besides, Morrison is better suited for champion than Drew is.

As you can tell by the sig I am a huge McIntyre mark. Hes the CHosen One for a reason he has the look, the in ring skills, a good finisher and can be entertaining in a good storyline.

Butttttt Morrison is just better. Hes way more over with the fans and a better worker in the ring and will be World heavyweight champ before the end of 2011. I don't know how Miz ended up being World champ before Morrison as Morrison is just so much better.

So in conclusion Morrison will be champ first, most likly by Summer Slam 2011 but Drew will win it by the end of 2011 if not definitly in 2012.

I have to go with JoMo here.... He's way more over than Drew, is more exciting to watch, he's just a bigger draw right now.... However, I do think that Drew's first reign as champ will last longer than JoMo's.

I tend to just lurk, but this is a really good topic.

I will be the first Drew person i guess.

Jomo has had a great push lately, but still gets BURIED everytime he is hot on the trail of the title. And throwing in the ME regulars on raw doesn't help his case. IF he gets traded to smackdown he is a shoe in. until then, i doubt it.

Drew can throw down. On top of that he has the look, the theme song. the entrance and is only missing one thing. They don't let him use the skills he has to garner heat. He was getting massive heat when he had the R-Truth fued. That ruthless scottsman gimmick worked. He needs to step up the brutality game, step up the heel staples, cheating to win, hurting people and so on.

That makes me wonder if WWE has forgotten how to make PG heels work. They did it all the time in the 80's, but since the attitude era it seems they think heel just means arrogent jackass. A heel shouldn't be limited to talking and being cowardly. Wrestling fans(meaning not smarks) really get riled up by a guy who cheats and is succsessful at it.
If Drew could just be that guy, pull the tights, use the ropes, have hidden knux, and so on, he could garner much more heat than his mic skills would ever allow. Drew has an old school style about him, and should bring back the old school heel persona. It would actually be FRESH to today's fans because it has been so long since they had one on TV.

Its got to be Morrison but I think that he will be drafted to Smackdown and capture the World Heavyweight Championship, I doubt he will win the title on RAW.

I love McIntyre, I always have high hopes for him, and I still am. But he can't a reaction for is own sake. Every time his music hits, there is no reaction, no cheers and no boos. I hope he wins the World Championship someday but certainly he won't win it now.

John Morrison, easily. The problem with Drew is that he's already being viewed as one giant disappointment in the WWE by management. Moreover, he just hasn't shown that he's got what it takes to be a real star. He's bland in the mic; has horrible charisma;

Funny that's more or less how i see JoMo too, he's a spot monkey like Jeff Hardy but has bugger all redeeming value out of the ring. other than more charisma and talent then R-Truth has ever had in his entire career. :) sorry had to jab him, he just plain sucks

Drew McIntyre has the look to be a heel champ but he lacks substance and noone seems to give a shit about him which is probably the reason he lost favour.

So it's a toss up for me JoMo is clearly near that point of a young HBK chasing his first world title, but if he did win it could only be a very short run. Unless he changes his out of ring ability, or goes cocky heel again

As you can tell by the sig I am a huge McIntyre mark. Hes the CHosen One for a reason he has the look, the in ring skills, a good finisher and can be entertaining in a good storyline.

Butttttt Morrison is just better. Hes way more over with the fans and a better worker in the ring and will be World heavyweight champ before the end of 2011. I don't know how Miz ended up being World champ before Morrison as Morrison is just so much better.

So in conclusion Morrison will be champ first, most likly by Summer Slam 2011 but Drew will win it by the end of 2011 if not definitly in 2012.

Miz has overall ability and like Cena has busted his ass backstage aswell as on camera to earn a spot, Morrison lacks personality as a face IMO, all he does is smile and cut a half decent promo. That's why, well that and Miz is a reality star so that woulda had some sway to giving him the belt over a great in ring worker. They get people that wouldn't normaly watch wrestling watching,

Well, of course Morrison is a cheered guy, and we all want to see him winning a tittle because he "can" fly, but despite this, Morrison is on the WWE since 2004, he's not a fresh face, and in 7 years he should have become awesome on the mic and in his charisma, and the truth is HE SUCKS, nobody can be champion if dont have those things. !

So right now my pick is Drew, yee huge fan, but i also love JoMo dont get me wrong....

Drew has the looks, the chosen one gimmick, and for me right now he is a face, c'mon he his right he was the only one, who stepped for her, Edge did nothing, so or this is a heel turn to Kelly, or sense of justice isnt right in the WWE!

i loved the champion that have a hell of a year, put both in big feuds, put JoMo vs Orton, and Drew vs Undertaker, give him the spotlight and hell ya, both deserve a GREATT CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Conclusion: Drew is better on the mic, he is not boring, he cant be, c'mon he is fucking Tiffany for god sake xD
His gimmick has a porpuse, JoMo is prince of parkour, c'mon :S
:worship::worship:

Without a shadow of a doubt it's John Morrison simply because unlike Drew McIntyre, Morrison is extreamly over with the fans because of his parkour style of wrestling where as every time Drew comes out he hears complete silence.

There's no way that Vince gives the biggest prize in sports entertainment to a guy thats not over with the fans. And to those that say Morrison is terrible on the mic there's two problems with that a) thats your opinion and you're allowed to have one but not everyone shares that opinion and b) there have been wrestlers that are bad on the mic and still held the world championship guys like Jack Swagger come to mind and thats just one example there's plenty more I'm just to lazy to name them all.

Well, of course Morrison is a cheered guy, and we all want to see him winning a tittle because he "can" fly, but despite this, Morrison is on the WWE since 2004, he's not a fresh face, and in 7 years he should have become awesome on the mic and in his charisma, and the truth is HE SUCKS, nobody can be champion without these things!

So right now my pick is Drew, yee huge fan, but i also love JoMo dont get me wrong....

Drew has the looks, the chosen one gimmick, and for me right now he is a face, c'mon he his right he was the only one, who stepped for her, Edge did nothing, so or this is a heel turn to Kelly, or sense of justice isnt right in the WWE!

i loved the champion that have a hell of a year, put both in big feuds, put JoMo vs Orton, and Drew vs Undertaker, give him the spotlight and hell ya, both deserve a GREATT CHAMPIONSHIP!!

Conclusion: Drew is better on the mic, he is not boring, he cant be, c'mon he is fucking Tiffany for god sake xD
His gimmick has a porpuse, JoMo is prince of parkour, c'mon :S
:worship::worship:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You say that you can't be champion with stick-work. Let's test this theory:-

-The Undertaker -barely speaks when he is the "Deadman". It hasn't hurt him.
(Taker would still be over if he had never spoken often as "The American Bad-Ass").
-Kane hardly spoke for four years, when he first had his mask, yet he was massively over, especailly in his feud with X-Pac in 1999-2000.
-Chris Benoit, forgetting how he ended things, got a massive pop when he won the title at WMXX, and was very popular, despite not being a maestro on the mike.
-Jeff Hardy was massively over in 2009, and had the hottest feud of 2009, even though he isn't a talker.
-Also, not talking didn't hurt Yokozuna, The Great Khali, Andre The Giant etc.
-Didn't Dolph Ziggler (DOLPH ZIGGLER FFS!) hold the title last week, despite not being a talker.
-Bret "Hitman" Hart was not a promo guy, yet has won five WWF World Titles, and is an all-time Legend.
-I can barely understand three words that come out of Alberto Del Rio's mouth, yet he may be champion next month.

The fact that you need to be a talker is bulldust. Will the IWC stop rating stick-work as a prerequisite because The Rock and Shawn Michaels were so successful with it. Just stick John Morrison with a manager, and you're set.

Not talking can be worked on. I would rather a non-talker who can wrestle, than a talker who can't wrestle. So, I supposed you enjoyed JBL's reign as champion, despite him being shite in the ring?

As for Drew f..ing Tiffany, didn't she beat him in a fight? So, if a woman can beat up on Drew McIntyre, how are we supposed to believe that he is a formidable champion.

Morrison should get a title first. Hell, Morrison should be winning it off Miz at WM, while Cena has a match with the Rock (which is what they should have booked at WM). Put him back with Melina (she's not doing anything else), have her do the interviews while JoMo impresses in the ring. Otherwise, Morrison should stop the stunt-show, if he isn't pushed, because there is no use risking injury or worse for a company who doesn't believe in you. Just ask Shelton Benjamin (another un-utilised talent). At least Morrison is the right colour for WWE.

I like Drew but created messed up his character, they tried to make him cocky, confident and aggressive. Too much im afraid, they should just have focussed on one type of heel so it feels like he is different every single week. He has enough talent to be WHC but whether creative will rescue his character is the main question as too how successful he will be in the wwe.

Morrison is good as well as being more established than Drew, he's been there a long time and done all the work. I just think that he may lead a road to the title like jeff hardy did with the wwe title and will not have as long a title run as Drew would.

Here we go rewriting history again. Morrison has already been World champ; when WWE revived ECW, Morrison won the title in an elimination match and was advertised as "ECW World Champion" by WWE. It was later downgraded but while Morrison was champ, on all the shows it was represented as a World title.

I am big McIntyre fan, and I think it is a pretty tough call between the two. I think Drew "looks" more like a world champion than Morrison does, though Morrison is clearly more over with the crowd. I actually think they would be able to work a pretty good program together. You could have Drew when MITB at WM, and have him hold it for a while. Have Morrison win the title at SummerSlam, and have Drew cash in on him (assuming they got on the same show by that point). People would be thrilled that Morrison finally won, and Drew would generate big-time heat by taking it from him.

To actually give an answer to the question though. Based on where they are right now, I would say Morrison will win first based on how over he is.

Can someone please explain to me why Drew McIntyre is WHC material. Im sorry but this guy is probably not even ICC material. WWE has persistant to push this guy since last year and the WWE audience just dosent care. The guy is bland, generic and gets virtually no reaction when he comes out. He is boring to watch and he has no mic skills. Maybe some in the IWC like him but the fans that actually attend the show could care less if he was released. The only reason this guy gets any kind of push is because he is probably friends with HHH.

Is there a chance that this is down to Vince once again. It's not secret that Vince McMahon has been reluctant to give the smaller wrestlers and 'Cruiserweights' World Championships, the evidence being the amount of time it took Eddie, Benoit, Rey Mysterio and Hardy to win World Titles. This could easily be the same case with JoMo. Yes, you could say that Morrison has been a World Champion in ECW, but it doesn't seem like any members of creative do, because if they did, they would know that he is Championship material.

Based on in-ring talent and loyalty to the cause, John Morrison is definitely who I want to see as a Champion in the very near future, and definitely before Drew, a rookie who hasn't even had a decent long-term feud yet. However, WWE seem to be very in favour of Drew McIntyre and I could see him going into the picture soon, hopefully replacing Dolph Ziggler, if you ask me.

I would like to see a feud for the WWE title between JoMo and the Miz. When they were split up in the draft, the Miz turned on JoMo and they didnt follow p on that how I'd have liked. They know each other well and could produce a good rivalry. This is how John Morrison should get a reign.

I have to go with Morrison because of the Miz, theres already a feud there it hardly needs any work just more time. Morrison is exciting though, i love the future shock ddt im glad someones doing a ddt these days. Drew to me would have to earn it in a royal rumble or some other way that makes me look stronger.

I hope Morrison wins a title so everybody can shut the hell up about "Morrison deserves this and Morrison deserves that" and fifty million threads about who will get a title first between Morrison and *insert name here*.

That being said, I believe McIntyre will get one first. McIntyre has had a few brushes with Edge lately and I'm not convinced that Del Rio will walk out the champion. If there's a MITB which I think they will since there will be a whole lot of midcard talent left off the card, McIntyre will win it and cash it in on Edge at WM to get back at him and Kelly Kelly in a way.

Definitely Morrison, even though he is still not good on the mic he has the better package compared to McIntyre. For some reason I feel McIntyre did not deserve his push when he first started out, he is very average in the ring and cut extremely boring promos.

I like Drew McIntyre. Hated him when he first debuted, and then what caught my attention is what most people like about him.

His entrance music! He has awesome entrance music, when you hear you're like, "Awesome! This guy is going to fuckin' rule!" And then McIntyre appears...

And it just drains the awesomness. He has no personality anymore, and it sucks. He doesn't even get refered to as "The Chosen One" anymore, he's just Drew McIntyre. I was hoping WWE would push him, and I took an interest in him, and then at Elimination Chamber I thought he was awesome again.

Showed real aggression. Throwing Rey into the pod was badass, and sending Wade through the same pod but on the other side looked awesome as well, even a small chant started for him. Was nice to see him used like that.

Compare him to Morrison though, and Drew doesn't really compare to him, and if you're asking who'll be Champion first?

You're an idiot to say Drew McIntyre. Won't realistically happen. John Morrison is on that cusp of doing it, all he needs is a little bit more momentum and the right feud and he has it. Drew didn't do all that much for the last while, up until a week or so before the Chamber. He hasn't had any great feuds or storylines at all lately, had a poor showing in the Rumble except for the Celtic Connection, which I thought was actually smart by Matt Striker.

But Drew won't win a World Championship before John Morrison, not a chance.

First of, i dont hate JoMo, you all get me wrong!!

I only think that Drew is more WHC material than JoMo...:shrug:
And if JoMo dont ever win a major tittle, he has a spot in HOF, withouth doubt!
However Swagger was WHC, and he will never be at HOF!!!

More! DO ANYBODY ENJOYED JACK SWAGGER as champion? Hell No!!
Kane´s reign? OMG I almost killed myself when he started talking about family and crying, omg.
About Ziggler, he has a lot of charisma and HE CAN ACT!! ;)

Miz is WWE champion, because he HAS everything, EVERYTHING to be champion!!
He has the looks, the popularity, theme song, mic-skills, and in-ring skills!!
Jerry Lawler vs Miz, was better to me than Undertaker vs Kane (c)!!
and why? cause they both have a lot of charisma!!
You are saying that Drew lost with Tifanny? well i couldnt find that, but I SAW Miz and JoMo losing against Finlay and Hornswoggle, and yes, Hornswoggle got the pin over MIZ, and this dont make the miz a clown, he is the WWE Champ for god sake!!

And yes, i loved JBL reign!! Dont take anything away from JBL, he is the longest WWE Champion, dont forget that, and in that time, he had a lot of good matches, i'm remebering one EPIC Match "I Quit" JBL vs Cena...

For me Drew is in the right storyline, he is feuding with the WHC, and JoMo??
With Punk? well what about Orton? he is also feuding with Punk, and i dont want to see Punk in a Handicap Match with both of them at WM, so Morrison and McIntyre will be at MITB, and Drew has much more potential to win, than JoMo, CAUSE McIntyre has the right gimmick, and the right feuding!!

This is a tough one because neither of them right now are WHC material.

But I voted for McIntyre.

Morrison has been there for years and hasn't done anything to make it to the top. Miz took what he was given and ran with it all the way to the top.

McIntyre is new, he's young and I think he has a lot more potentil than Morrison.

Morrison can't talk, he can't wrestle, he's go a good look and flips around and that's it.

McIntyre has a great look, he's better on the mic, and his in ring is a lot better.

So I think McIntyre will get it first.

the answers simple. neither will ever be champ.

Theres a long list of superstars who are average at best, but the IWC loves to try to make a case for them. Ziggler, chrstian, jomo, kofi, and drew mcintyre is as boring as watching paint dry my god hes awful.

Sadly its going to be Drew, McMahon has said himself that he can't see John Morrison as a credible champion, because he really has nothing that could help him win because hes not a big guy that the guys backstage loves.

I voted for John Morrison for a few reasons...

For 1) I see a huge change coming in the near future for him. I mean his attitude, demeanor, hell even his in ring work has changed significantly since his first match with Sheamus. 2) He has the ability and a finisher if he uses it more thats very effective(running knee to the face/skull) and can be hit out of nowhere...3)he has that Shawn Michaels 1994 feel to him. Raw and misjudged so far all he is missing is that one Veteran to pull him up to his full potential. Imagine Diesel (Nash) taking him under his wing, Mic skills would improve 10 fold, attitude would go up more than it is now....not saying he needs Nash for the push, but it would be beneficial and would increase his chances. He IS ALREADY OVER with much of the crowd in most places so he just needs some more work, 6 months from now he will be closer to the title than Drew I believe this little thing with CM Punk (which is a side from Orton) is helping him as well, its bringing out more attitude from him, and some anger as well which is what he needs. I say give him some new music (potentially give him a vet to work with him (either against him or with him manager type style) ) and he'll be the next WWE/ or World Heavyweight Champion,now as for.......

Drew on the other hand, does not, not, have what it takes, I just dont see him being pushed over Del Rio, or Christian this year, and we know Edge is going to maintain his spot near the top... actually that may benefit Drew by having him feud with Edge when Del Rio wins the title... he can work with Edge for 5-6months and become a better worker on the mic (Cause he is par at best right now) hell even maybe have him take after Edge a bit... he is banging Tiffany (edge/lita ring a bell) his Finisher is legit, but he needs a new outfit... I feel he'd be more of the tights type person, or even some old Test type pants. Other than needing a great worker like Edge to feud with to get a little better, and a possible wardrobe change, there isnt a huge downside to Drew, I just think John Morrison is closer to the title than Drew is at this point. And neither is saying very much.

I'm gonna back McIntyre, purely because of the Scottish connection.

He and Sheamus are probably the only 2 guys just now that legitimately look like they put a hurting on people when they're in the ring and reminds me of the 'ruthless aggression' that Vince called for in 02. When Drew entered the Elimination Chamber I actually thought, "Shit, he MUST be a Rangers fan because he looks pissed!"

Both have the attributes to get to the 'big one' and neither are the finished article, but Drew has been there for a shorter period of time so he perhaps has more time on his side to polish off his rough edges and climb the ladder.

They worked well together on Smackdown so they do have some history; Morrison even came out once made up in a 'Braveheart'-esque ensemble to wind Big Mac up and was actually quite funny. My point is I think they could both work well with each other and help elevate themselves if they are given a good program.

But still going to back Drew, Rangers fan or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back