WWE General Complaints Thread

Should we complain?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I figure it's time to create a thread for all the bitching and moaning about the WWE. If you hate it, wanna shit all over it or what have you, then this is the place for you. I figure it'll ultimately save up a lot of clutered threads that all generally amount to doing the same thing when it's all said and done.

I'm a WWE Mark lets just get that out of the way early. But I'm not going to pretend that they're perfect. I believe that they're head and shoulders above all of their so called "competition" in every way, but that's not to say that there aren't some things I wish would change about it.

Original Storylines

We've been essentially having the same storylines over and over again for quite a while now. It's always either "I respect you but I want your championship," "You attacked me so I attacked you and now we attack each other every week until the PPV," or "You cheated so I want a rematch." Why do the even have a creative team? They haven't had an original story in forever, why are these people being paid?

Over Scripted Promos

Don't get me wrong, I prefer promos this way as opposed to the TNA style of giving them full control and no direction and thus you get the word asshole uttered every 35 seconds. However, I wish they were a little more relaxed with it. I don't like seeing someone cut a promo and looking like they're reading from a teleprompter. I need to see some of the actual person in the promo, which is what you get with guys like Cena and HHH.

Divas

Women wrestling is absolutely terrible. Honest to God, I have only seen one respectable Women's match in my entire life, everything since has been ridiculously bad. They are so talentless and dreadful to watch that it outright pisses me off that they waste a weekly segment on them instead of giving it to a guy that can actually work who deserves some spotlight.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

You honestly think the likes of Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix or Natalya couldn't put on a good match? It's WWE's fault for showcasing Eve Torres & The Bella Twins because they're next to talentless. Gail Kim, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Melina & LayCool could put on quality-PPV matches, but WWE chooses to focus on the sexy Divas. Don't bag the whole division for a few rotten apples.

WWE isnt bad, just isnt as gd as it use to be, i like how they are producing younger stars but this doesnt resolve anything, wwe needs people with gimmicks serouisly every wrestler is the same, they need to have character and the storylines are bland, really bland, they need to be creative about it so it attracts viewers to actually watch the product, ppv etc.

It annoys the shit out of me when WWE constantly waste precious and vital TV time on the likes of Michael Cole or stupid, irrelevant Partner Counselling sessions between Laycool. I mean they could give this time to Superstars who are developing and need it, otherwise how are they going to improve? Or maybe even lengthen the matches. Anything but Cole singing his own praises and forcing Good 'ol JR to kiss his feet...:disappointed:

I'm a WWE Mark lets just get that out of the way early. But I'm not going to pretend that they're perfect. I believe that they're head and shoulders above all of their so called "competition" in every way, but that's not to say that there aren't some things I wish would change about it.

Original Storylines

We've been essentially having the same storylines over and over again for quite a while now. It's always either "I respect you but I want your championship," "You attacked me so I attacked you and now we attack each other every week until the PPV," or "You cheated so I want a rematch." Why do the even have a creative team? They haven't had an original story in forever, why are these people being paid?

Over Scripted Promos

Don't get me wrong, I prefer promos this way as opposed to the TNA style of giving them full control and no direction and thus you get the word asshole uttered every 35 seconds. However, I wish they were a little more relaxed with it. I don't like seeing someone cut a promo and looking like they're reading from a teleprompter. I need to see some of the actual person in the promo, which is what you get with guys like Cena and HHH.

Divas

Women wrestling is absolutely terrible. Honest to God, I have only seen one respectable Women's match in my entire life, everything since has been ridiculously bad. They are so talentless and dreadful to watch that it outright pisses me off that they waste a weekly segment on them instead of giving it to a guy that can actually work who deserves some spotlight.

Those are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are more.

youre exactly right. those are the kind of storylines we're going to get in a hyper-politically correct era where you cant even mention someones race or (barely mention) nationality and all gimmick has been taken away from any character. you end up with guys like "bob whoever" with a few tattoo's and a practiced scowl trying to get me emotionally invested enough to spend 50 bucks on a ppv where he fights another "bob whoever" because he was talking to his diva backstage. political correctness is why guys like yoshi and kozlov will never get over...and partly why the muhammad hassan character unfortunately failed.

i miss the 80's. col debeers. samoan swat team. nikita koloff. mr perfect. i miss the characters. the undertaker couldnt debut in todays era unless he was just mark callous...with a few tattoo's and a practiced scowl (which i guess they did with the whole bikertaker era).

and yeah, womens wrestling is an atrocity. a 100 pound girl throwing another girl into the ropes with enough force that she cant stop herself is hilarious. i can suspend reality and enjoy a tv show but womens wrestling pushes it too far and its embarrassing to even have on tv when other people are in the room. i cant defend that crap nor do i want to. best womens match ever IMO was madusa vs akira back in 1995 and even that can only get a 5 out of 10.

I think you guys have sort of touched base on this but one thing I really feel the wwe struggles with lack of characters, for instance the additute era was loaded with great characters and much better promos imo. It had such a good flow then whereas I really feel the shows stall into different segments. I may be heavily scorned for saying this but I believe the wwe roster is simply too big, I think it takes time away from "superstars" that could really shine, I prefer when the shows werent split and there was only one world title

You honestly think the likes of Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix or Natalya couldn't put on a good match?

Well with the exception of Beth & Natalya, who can put on a passable match, no I don't. I don't lower my standards for what makes a good wrestling match based on the gender of the performers in the ring. That's called sexism buddy, and I'm not fond of it.

It's WWE's fault for showcasing Eve Torres & The Bella Twins because they're next to talentless. Gail Kim,

Let me go ahead and stop you right there. I completely understand why TNA cut their losses with this chick now and it's pretty obvious. She used to have a spark but now, she is a shell of her former self. I've seen her wrestle matches against people like Mickie James and you know what? She fucked up terribly. Gail Kim is not a good wrestler.

Natalya, Beth Phoenix

There is a difference between good and passable. These 2 fall into the passable category, which actually probably makes themthe best female wrestlers in the world.

, Melina & LayCool

Absolutely not. These chicks are both 100% awful.

could put on quality-PPV matches, but WWE chooses to focus on the sexy Divas.

They can't put on quality TV matches, so I have a hard time believing this dribble. Yes, the WWE is at fault for the most part but it isn't because they aren't pushing the right women, it's because they aren't hiring the right women.

Don't bag the whole division for a few rotten apples.

The whole division is entirely compiled of rotten apples. I know this is a common thing on the internet. Saying, "They just don't push the right ones" and "They don't give them enough time." Well personally, I wish they would give them less time then they do now. I don't appreciate my precious time being wasted with a 2 minute match with competitors who are not properly trained professionals. Constant botches, a lack of anything remotely interesting, and complete and utter disregard for the art of wrestling detours me away from women wrestling.

But don't take my word for it. I happen to think that Trish, Lita, and Mickie James are in the same league as Beth and Natalya. Like I said, I don't lower my standards of what makes a good wrestling match just because there are women in the ring.

Complaint One - Entrance Music

There's something really grinding about how blatantly the mythos of the competitor(s) are within the first lines of some of the songs;
Dolph Ziggler's 'I am perfection'
The Corre's 'I've had enough'* (actually, are they still using that?)
Cody Rhodes' pre-'Phantom' turn music was horrible but the remix is quite cool

There are some others I can't quite recall now but the general genericised nature of the music of mid/under-carders is one thing I just can't stand.

Complaint Two - Commentators riffing on Orton's theme

Another music related complaint, and again the part that annoys me is the blatant unimaginative nature of it. From the first time I heard Cole say, "it looks like Orton's going to that place where he hears voices in his head" I thought, shit, that was weak. Then he kept saying it week after week. Then Matthews joined in!

Complaint Three - Vickie Guerrero

This is more to do with her storylines with Edge and as a 'cougar' with Dolph. Portraying her character as one who is going round the locker-room as it were just seems incredibly disrespectful to Eddie.

I think the divas deserve their time/spot but they need to be utilized more. Now have some as managers, put some in storylines with the guys(but good ones)Am I wrong but don't some of the divas come from wrestling backgrounds and were trained by legends etc? If the divas are used right they could be a big draw or at least better then they are or close to what they use to be few yrs back. Promos and good gimmicks, characters draw fans interest and wwe knows what makes them #1 but they seem to be so comfortable at that spot they are making changes that fans do not care for or at least some don't care for, so I say go back to the fans gey there input get more fan interaction cyber sunday was a good theme or raw roulette I'm jus sayin..

I got a huge complain.
Why in the world are the writers letting the miz have a long run with the belt? No, he is not awesome. Yes, he sucks at wrestling. And No, his mic work is not the best. I understand that the WWE doesn't want to be known as a "wrestling" company, which it all started from the complaints of the miz being the design of what a champ in the WWE should look like. The miz is nothing more but the Justin Bieber of the WWE where as nobody exactly knows the specifics of why the he is on top but the new fans of this "Entertainment" industry they now call the WWE. This is what makes me hate the WWE as to time the miz ran with the belt, so did the WWE got away with removing what once was the base of the company, wrestling and the left over fans. I don't normally watch RAW anymore on TV on Mondays, I just download the torrent and watch it on my spare time to catch up. This allows me to use my viewing rating privileged to something more worth my viewing time.

Now another thing: I hate the writers! Did I mention that? I hate how they wrote Jack Swaggers run with the WHC belt. I hate how Ziggler had a good approach to the WHC belt against Edge, then got knocked back down to the bottom of the treehouse. Now Ziggler is on RAW and what kind of potential moves can he have? He might start getting used like Zack Ryder.

My new hope now is, Sin Cara. This guy is fun to watch and has lots of history in other countries as a high flyer. I hope that Sin Cara can be used correctly and have a good feud with other high flyers but knowing the staff writers on SD, Sin Cara will probably not even make the PPV cards, if he does, might be a dark match.

By the way, if CM Punk doesn't get his vacation time (like what he means), I'm sure Punk will go to ROH and that will pretty much do it for me to quit on the WWE.

Complaint #1: MICHAEL COLE!!!!! His presence is bad enough that sometimes I don't even want to watch the show. He's getting the wrong kind of heat and to make it worse he's on both shows!!! Please WWE just fire him and move on. He's wasting valuable time in the ring with Lawler and JR of all people!!! This brings me to:

Complaint #2: Bad time management! A lot more of the shows in the last few years are horrible filler that can easily be used to either build better feuds or more in ring action.

Complaint #3: The RAW GM has been anonymous for far too long now. Please finally introduce him as someone legitimate that will be on the show, and while you're at it replace Teddy Long as well.

I got a huge complain.
Why in the world are the writers letting the miz have a long run with the belt?

Well I highly doubt that was the original plan, but thanks to all of his hard work and the fact that he's the most over heel in the WWE right now, he's earned it.

No, he is not awesome. Yes, he sucks at wrestling. And No, his mic work is not the best.

The opinion of the few is way outnumbered by the opinions of the many. Most people who watch wrestling may hate Miz, but not enough to the point where they're turning off the TV. Miz has done an exceptional job so far and he deserves his spot on the card.

I understand that the WWE doesn't want to be known as a "wrestling" company, which it all started from the complaints of the miz being the design of what a champ in the WWE should look like.

Wh What? Where the hell are you getting this from? Where has it been said that The Miz is the new standard of what a Champion should look like? If that's the case, why are Christian and Del Rio having a match for the WHC? Neither of them look like The Miz.

The miz is nothing more but the Justin Bieber of the WWE where as nobody exactly knows the specifics of why the he is on top but the new fans of this "Entertainment" industry they now call the WWE.

Really? Because I have been watching wrestling for years and I understand why he is on top. It's simple, he has done his job better than anyone else and has garnered more heat than any of the other heels. But how is he relate-able to Justin Bieber? The kids hate The Miz, they want Cena to gain the world title. Your comparison is ridiculous.

This is what makes me hate the WWE as to time the miz ran with the belt, so did the WWE got away with removing what once was the base of the company, wrestling and the left over fans.

You're joking right? The Attitude Era nor the 80's Boom were popular as a result of good wrestling, they were popular because of the characters at the main event level. They have strayed away from that a bit in the mid card, but they still do have a few compelling characters and frankly, the wrestling in the main events of PPVs now is a lot better than it was in the past.

I don't normally watch RAW anymore on TV on Mondays, I just download the torrent and watch it on my spare time to catch up. This allows me to use my viewing rating privileged to something more worth my viewing time.

Well I ask you this, if someone is just going to illegally download their product, why the hell would they pander to what you wish to see? Apparently they are doing just fine with the business model that they're using now, why would they change it to attract fans who believe that illegally acquiring their product is acceptable? They already have an established audience and pandering to your kind will do them no favors.

There's something really grinding about how blatantly the mythos of the competitor(s) are within the first lines of some of the songs;

That, my friend, is called the Three Second Rule, and it's an important part of every entrance music. Entrance music is a vital part of a character and should both fit the gimmick and be instantly recognizable within the first three seconds. If Stone Cold walked out to the strains of Obsession by Animotion, he wouldn't have seemed like the badass he was. Or hell, if they cut out the recognizable hook - the glass shattering - there's no way he would have been quite so over.

While I agree that the WWE isn't creative enough with their entrance music (And when they try to be creative like giving Bryan classical music, it just doesn't fly). you can't hate on them for having themes that fit the three second rule and fit characters.

That, my friend, is called the Three Second Rule, and it's an important part of every entrance music. Entrance music is a vital part of a character and should both fit the gimmick and be instantly recognizable within the first three seconds. If Stone Cold walked out to the strains of Obsession by Animotion, he wouldn't have seemed like the badass he was. Or hell, if they cut out the recognizable hook - the glass shattering - there's no way he would have been quite so over.

While I agree that the WWE isn't creative enough with their entrance music (And when they try to be creative like giving Bryan classical music, it just doesn't fly). you can't hate on them for having themes that fit the three second rule and fit characters.

Yeh I understand the hook that the rule plays, I just don't think they are as good as they used to be. As you mentioned, the shattering glass was amazing, as was Jericho's countdown clock, as was Kane's pyro, as was Rock's 'If ya smell' etc.

The difference I feel is that these examples were iconic but not as obvious as the one's currently, as they related to the performers character by insinuating what they were about.

For example, if instead of using fire shooting out of the stage and ringposts to signify the hellacious nature of Kane they had a line that was along the lines of, 'I'm from hell and angry!' it would be poor.

Mind you, Drew McIntyre's original full entrance video was fantastic so they have had some successes too.

I hate the "WWE style" of wrestling (sorry sports entertaining;)). I just feel like they restrict the guys movesets so much, that they make every match seem bland and generic. It just seems like every match has the same 10 basic moves and each person has 2 moves that they exclusively use.

its to the point where i literally can't watch a WWE match without getting bored and pissed off. there are literally only 2 people in all of WWE that I can actually watch their match's and thats Daniel Brian (I really like people who are very technical but manage to mix it up and be entertaining) and Sin Cara (because he's one of the only wrestlers that seems to do moves that are difficult to execute).

Another thing that pisses me off is the pg era. Im not necessarily pissed of that its pg, but more with how its executed. The humor in WWE is so fucking corny I feel like a douche even watching it. I feel like the comedic segments belong on Icarly not a wrestling program.

For example, Mark Henry and The great Khali come out for a match with the uso brothers, cole gets an email from the gm that says since the match won't even be close, that they are to have a dance contest instead. they then proceed to have a five minute dance off that completely buries the uso's and makes me embarrassed to have even be watching raw. Now some people will point out that TNA had a fist pumping contest between jay lethal and robbie E. the major difference (other than fist pumping is actually being relevent to one of the characters, while the dance contest was absolutely irrelevant to anything) is that the contest lasted literally 15 seconds and led directly into a match, while the WWE dance contest accomplished nothing but burying the uso's.

The corny humor has been part of WWE's style for years. In fact, even in the Attitude Era, there was a lot of corny humor. Just because it was "edgy" or whatever doesn't mean it wasn't corny. Mae Young giving birth to a hand is the classic example. It was done for the lulz and to be edgy, but failed at both and simply ended up being terrible.

Nowadays, I find myself laughing at a lot of the WWE's lighthearted humor. Call me immature if you want, but there's something funny to me about a jolly old fat man and a seven foot tall dude dancing. Also, Santino is the funniest guy in WWE today (outside of Michael Cole, of course) and like one report said, he really hits whatever WWE gives him out of the park.

"It was done for the lulz and to be edgy, but failed at both and simply ended up being terrible."

I disagree I actually thought it succeeded in both of those things cuz i found that hilarious (if not funny, then pretty damn creative) and shocking because i don't think anybody called that. It may have been corny but it was still original and pretty damn entertaining.

Even if you completely hated it there's one thing no one can argue and that is that it was memorable.

There are some others I can't quite recall now but the general genericised nature of the music of mid/under-carders is one thing I just can't stand.

Sorry man, but the entrance music for the WWE superstars is spot on and its actually one of the things the WWE are best at choosing. Have you seen the entrance music for the wrestlers in TNA? Jim Johnstone is, in my opinion, a genius.

Anyway, the WWE only has 2 real problems. The lack of women wrestlers and the lack of tag teams! Yeah, you can argue that their storylines arent original but to be fair, every single storyline there ever could be has probably been used!

What happened to gimmicks? Gimmicks are great in prowrestling. Hell, what's worse, gimmicks or all of the corny theatrics that we see now? It seems that fighters in the UFC have more character--and they're not even suppose to. Likewise, whatever happened to that unbeatable, indestructable nemesis and that one courageous heroe who rises up to topple that nemesis? Everyone seems like a jobber nowadays.

And what's with all of the soft talk and idle threats? What happened the loud, vicious, spitting threats? What happened to good guys getting jumped and their allies running out to aid? And you're telling me that in this modern age we can't create steel chairs that's not really steel so that we can see head shots? I don't understand. Vince doesn't care about the fans anymore; we're like kids; we don't get choice for dinner; we're just suppose to eat what's on our plates.

I currently have 3 pet peevs with the WWE product

1- The raw GM
I liked the idea at first as the message beep always gets a lot of heat from the crowd and its also got cole over as a heel but come on its been almost a year it really has run its course just bring out someone like vince or JBL and get it over and done with.
In fact JBL wouldnt be a bad choice as its believeable that he would have screwed everyone over for the last year but yeah just give us a proper gm please anything but that damm laptop.:disappointed:

2- Lack of tag teams
I know vince hates them but they really are a great way of introducing new wrestlers to WWE. People like Mason Ryan and Alex Riley have apparently been too green to wrestle singles matches on their own.
People used to start of in a tag team as they didnt have to wrestle a whole match on their own for instance Batista started in a tag team with Ric Flair so he could learn the ropes. The same can be said for Edge, Christian, JBL, The Nexus, John morisson etc.

3- Too many heels
If you look at the rosters at the moment especially on raw theres an abundance of heels. The miz, del rio, R-Truth, Swagger, Mcintyre, Tyler recks, Ziggler, Cm punk. While the main faces are Cena, Morisson, Big show and Mysterio thas 8 heels to 4 faces.
It seems that not many wrestlers can get over as Faces anymore they just become a heel doing the same old "this town sucks" or cheating to win to get easy heat.:banghead:

So yeah rant over thoughts anyone??

Complaint 1. John Cena. Yes I understand that Cena is Vince's big money/draw guy. But really, enough is enough. Every week he comes out, and says and does the samethings. I know most of the guys do the same, but with Cena you pretty much know what he is going to do. Creatively they have teased him going heel, nexus then Rock. But drop the idea at the last possible second.

Complaint 2. Cole....do I even have to explain this one?

Complaint 3. RAW GM....started off kinda cool and interesting. Now its about as old and bland as a mountain dew left out in the sun for a month.

Complaint 3. Talent....there is so much untapped talent in WWE today. Guys that should get a better push, either mainevent or midcard. But nothing is being done. Guys like Ziggler, JoMo, R-Truth, are just a few of the guys that deserve better then what they are getting now.

Complaint 4. Creative....I guess when it all boils down all my complaints center around the creative team. It's been said before that the story lines are no longer interesting. I think the last great WWE story line was the Chris Jericho/Chyna co-champ story. That was fresh and original...also VERY entertaining.

Wow another Cena hater, haven't seen one of those before >___>

Mainly i would have somebody besides Cena fight the miz for the title, its gone on long enough and somebody new deserves a shot. I can see a new face like Mcintyre or del-rio going after the wwe title.

Next is Cole, that needs to end as well, hes annoying and its fun to watch him get the stuffing beat out if him but watching matches takes a lot more effort to concentrate when you have him yelling and arguing at ringside.

They don't push the minor guys that much. Guys like Ryder, Masters, Yoshi etc are generally well liked and would do good with a little rub here and there.

Oh where to start?
1) Superstar X has turned heel, so all of a sudden he's unstoppable. Mark Henry decimated Rey Mysterio after his turn. When he was a face he couldn't beat anybody.

2)Michael Cole deriding the Divas. Sure the matches are terrible but is a commentator bad-mouthing them the way to improve the product? Honestly if I were one of them I'd be outraged that sort of thing was not only accepted but scripted when I'm bustin my butt to the best of my ability.

3)Broadus Clay...King Kong Bundy mixed with one of the Beagle Boys.

4)For God's sake stop screaming. I'm looking at you Cole, del Rio, Vickie.

5)JR in a tag-team match? Seriously? First he's an announcer, second he's old and its not believable when he is able to 'hurt' someone and third he's badly out of shape. Oddly enough if you squinted very very hard on Raw last Monday, with Cole in the orange singlet and JR in his Oklahoma shirt it looked like Dr. Death vs. Mike Rotundo.

6)Don't do a disfigurement angle with Cody Rhodes when its ridiculously obvious that he looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS HE EVER DID. I'm waiting for Booker to say "C'mon Michael stop being stupid there's nothing wrong with his face.

Oh where to start?
1) Superstar X has turned heel, so all of a sudden he's unstoppable. Mark Henry decimated Rey Mysterio after his turn. When he was a face he couldn't beat anybody.

Yes, that really gets to me too, though he has only recently turned and we don't know what creative has planned for him. Personally I don't want another Henry monster heel run. It was only a few months ago that he was jobbing to everybody and taking part in dance offs with Khali.

6)Don't do a disfigurement angle with Cody Rhodes when its ridiculously obvious that he looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS HE EVER DID. I'm waiting for Booker to say "C'mon Michael stop being stupid there's nothing wrong with his face.

I think it's a great gimmick. Of course Cody was not disfigured by Rey, but the thing is, he THINKS he was disfigured and has suffered a lot of anguish and emotional trauma because of this. It has led him to become very unstable and, in my opinion, has really developed his character. Awesome gimmick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back