WWE Miami, Round 3, match 2: #6 Curt Hennig vs. #11 Kane

Curt Hennig vs. Kane

• Mr. Perfect

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes palce in the WWE Region, under Basic WWE Rules, from Miami, Fl.

#6. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
0626_mr_perfect_full.jpg

vs.

#11. "The big Red Machine" Kane
kane.jpg

Kane wins. In his prime he was an absolutee monster. It took THREE tombstones to beat him at WrestleMania and he still had energy to assault the Undertaker afterwards. Kane won the big one, albeit for one day, but it is something Hennig never did. Kane has two IC titles and a WWE, Hennig has two IC titles and a US title. Good old masked Kane wins and proceeds to the Miami sub region final.

Got to be Kane, the man was portrayed as Undertaker's equal in his prime, and wrestlers are actually scared of him. No one would be afraid of Curt Hennig, no matter how good of a technician he was. Kane, as has been stated, is a former world champion. Kayfabe, better, so those reasons.

As said before prime Kane was Undertaker's equal if not better. He could've pinned taker at wm but let him up to hurt him more. How many wrestlers can say they've done that and kicked out of teh tombstone not once but twice. Also Kane is a former wwe champ which Henning was never. Also Kane has more brutatlity than Henning, Henning was egotistiacal Kane is a psychopath. Kane wins and takes on whoever's next.

Perfect was one of the best wrestlers never to be world champion in an era when the belt was exponentially more important than it is today. That, and he could get guys like Bam Bam up for the Perfect Plex.

Kane struggles to get belts in an era where belts mean almost nothing and are tossed around to everyone.

Perfect takes it for me. Kane has lost to far weaker.

Kane would win a kayfabe match in WWE against Mr. Perfect, without a doubt, but there's no way I'm voting for him over Perfect.

Kane is one of the most overrated wrestlers from this era. From any era for that matter. The guy isn't completely terrible, but he's not good either. But yet... his fan base (on the net anyway) are very vocal and the dude continues to get these odd pushes every few months that lead to nothing because it never gets over. Why? What is there to like about Kane? What has he done in the last five years that was entertaining? Even before then most of the stuff he did was absolute shit and bored me to tears. The guy is just nothing compared to Curt Hennig.

Mr. Perfect was entertaining his entire career. He had great match after great match, and on the mic he was absolutely golden. Hell, even at the commentator's table he was great. Everything about the guy was great and that's why I'm voting for him over someone like Kane. In-ring ability, mic work and charisma... the three main keys in being successful in this business and Hennig CRUSHES Kane in all three categories.

Kane wins a stupid ass kayfabe match between the two in which during his heel heat we're all contemplating suicide because it's so fucking boring (the match would pick up during Perfect's comeback of course, leading us to live on), but that doesn't mean shit to me in a contest like this. Perfect advances.

Voting Kane, he's beaten Perfect before, while neither man were at the peak of their careers at this point the fact is Kane at his peak was damn near unbeatable.

Only problem is he can be a bit stupid, at WrestleMania he had Undertaker beaten but let his arm up so he could continue to punish the Deadman, he then took 3 consecutive tombstones before losing. Kane has no personal issue's with Perfect and as a result wouldnt make a silly mistake like he did at WrestleMania.

Also the guy above mentioned Kanes internet support, well on a list of overrated by the internet Perfect is right up there with Malenko and Storm.

As for Kane and Taker at WM, Kane's not the first heel to have a face beaten only to pull him up to wail on him some more. Against Kane in his prime, Perfect has no chance whatsoever. It'd be all Perfect could do to take Kane off his feet, let alone actually get a victory over him.

I liked Hennig, always did even back in his days in the AWA, and while he could outwrestle Kane with both hands tied behind his back, it's all meaningless if nothing in your arsenal has even the slightest chance of keeping your opponent down. The Perfect-Plex, AKA Fisherman's Suplex, vs. the Chomeslam and the Tombstone...it's just too one sided. Hennig would give it everything he's got, might stun Kane with some punches and a couple of dropkicks. Might even manage to take him down once or twice but this match is over in less than 10 minutes.

This is very tricky for me for a few reasons. As people ahve said, Kane has indeed lost to far worse wrestlers than Hennig. On the other hand though, could Hennig get the Perfectplex on Kane? Those are some long legs to hook in one of those and a lot of power to hold down. Without that, Hennig would have to rely on a rollup or something like that to get a win. I think Hennig's issue here is he has no way to counter Kane's strength, and I think that's just enough for Kane to win it. If Hennig wins though, I wouldn't be surprised whatsoever.

There isn't a point in Kane's career (save for maybe the past 2 years) that he wouldn't lose to Curt Henning in a WWE ring. Disregarding the kayfabe aspect of this (or any match up in this tournament) is just stupid. Kane was booked better, pushed harder, and has had more success than Henning in a WWE ring, and this has to be taken into account when voting on this match. Kane would decimate Henning in any sort of match in a WWE ring from 1997 through 2004, this is evident through their match in 2002 where Kane squashed Henning in under 5 minutes. If this match had been in WCW instead of WWE, as much as I like Kane, I'd be voting Henning. But since this match is taking place in WWE, that gives Kane a significant advantage. Kane wins, but the match wouldn't be a squash like their match in 2002. The match would probably go 10-12 minutes before Kane gets the victory via Tombstone.

Winner Kane

Kane is going to get my vote here unless someone could convince me on why he shouldn't move on.

I think that Curt will have learned about his mistakes in their last outing in 2002, and try to not make them here. Therefore giving Kane a harder battle than their first.

The only way I see Hennig winning is if he catches a mistake by Kane and capitalizes on it. Also, i dont think his finisher might work to well here for the reasons explained by KB. So he might either have to find a submission finisher or some other way to take out kane.

For now my vote is on Kane unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Kane was consistently a main eventer in the late 90s, and he was viewed as almost unstoppable. The Undertaker beat him, but he dominated the Undertaker and just about everyone else at other times during his career. He didn't need championships, because he was too intimidating, if he was chasing it, hes far more interesting, just look at the Undertaker to see proof of that.

Mr. Perfect started well in the company, but injuries prevented him from ever rising above the upper midcard. Kane on the other hand single handedly took down the corporation and DX seperately and obliterated just about everyone. Kane wins.

Curt mother fing henning. I dont care if Kane was a 5000 pounds moster the size of godzilla, he couldn't kick out of the perfect-plex. Kane was billed as good as, if not better than the Undertaker. Henning on the otherhand, he was billed as being perfect, never making a mistake. Being able to do whatever, whenever. His prime, I would consider During his horseman days. In which, he would have easily won due to the other 3 horseman interfering costing Kane the match. Kanes prime, he got beat by his big brother at WM, in which his brother hardly broke a sweat. Kane can't even hold onto a world title for longer than a day. Perfect, just died before he got his. Thats not his fault. Henning has a pinfall over Flair, You think Kane could beat Ric Flair?

This is interesting. Very interesting. For the sake of argument, I'm pitting Prime Kane v/s Mr. Perfect. I honestly think that Kane can put down Perfect. Sure, Hennig has beaten far greater wrestlers, but you can't teach height and strength, something Kane has. Hennig would out smart him most of the match, but a chokeslam is just a heart beat away and can put down ANYONE.

I give this to Kane. Barely. I can't see a scenario where Perfect Hennig wins. I can see at least two ways Kane can.

Vote Enak.

His prime, I would consider During his horseman days. In which, he would have easily won due to the other 3 horseman interfering costing Kane the match.

Hasn't Kane single handedly destroyed DX and the Corporation during his prime? Don't you think he could take on a Horseman team that Perfect was planning on betraying?

Kanes prime, he got beat by his big brother at WM, in which his brother hardly broke a sweat.

Hardly broke a sweat? Have you seen the match? Kane has Undertaker beat, but picks him up to further punish him. He then kicks out of two tombstone piledrivers. Who else has ever done that?

he couldn't kick out of the perfect-plex

What makes you think that Mr Perfect would even be able to give Kane a perfect plex? The match would be over before it got to that point.

Henning on the otherhand, he was billed as being perfect,

But he wasn't. I mean he lost a Wrestlemania match to Brutus fucking Beefcake.
His prime, I would consider During his horseman days.

How could you consider that his prime? He had a fucked up back and he was only in the horseman for a month. His prime was his first few years in the WWE.
Kanes prime, he got beat by his big brother at WM, in which his brother hardly broke a sweat.

I'm pretty sure it took three tombstones to keep Kane down.

Kane can't even hold onto a world title for longer than a day.
One day is better then no days.

Perfect, just died before he got his

He was 44 when he died. There is no way he was going to win a world title.

Well Milkyway you just managed to make a post with no factual evidence showing that Mr Perfect would beat Kane. There is some evidence out there showing he could possibly do it, but you failed to find any of it. You probably took away some votes for Mr Perfect with your post.

Kane would destroy Perfect, Perfects best match was the KOTR match he had with Hart, that was his prime, not the stupid 4 horsemen shit, Kane pushed Taker to the fucking limit at WM 14, this is the same Kane who was able to rip the fucking paddle locked door off the HIAC just to get to Taker, there is absolutely nothing Perfect could throw at Kane that Kane couldn't handle, Kane wins this match

Henning's issue is that he's never been very successful against big men. He wrestler 2 classics with Bret Hart in WWF, some good matches with Kerry von Erich and Ric Flair, and a great match with a young Shawn Michaels.

But he's been massacred by Goldberg and several other larger competitors. His only win over a big guy was a US Title defense over The Giant, who people are now claiming should go over Andre the Giant, which is ridiculous.

Henning won't be able to withstand Kane's onslaught, and despite being the superior athlete, Henning goes home here.

Kane would not be beaten. In the slightest. Perfectplex? No chance. If he can kick out of the Tombstone, he can kick out of damn near anything.
And whoever said that Perfect could get him to submit... Kane was impervious to pain. In his prime, you could be Boston crabbing his legs, Crippler Crossfacing his upper body, and showing him naked pictures of an 80 year-old Mae Young, and he wouldn't be considering tapping.
Kane wins. Perfect was good, Kane would take someone amazing to stop him.

I'm voting Kane here. I like Mr. Perfect, and I know he'd put up a hell of a fight, an could use the PerfectPlex, but once Kane kicks out, he'd be spent, and Kane's strength would get him the win.

I know no one has forgotten, but Kane isn't the typical big man that Hennig ever faced. He's a powerhouse, but he also has some wrestling moves, and has the agility to come off the ropes, and fly off the turnbuckles, and come at Hennig from all angles.

Chokeslam-Tombstone combo for the win.

Curt mother fing henning.

Sigh... And you're such a good poster, too. I almost feel bad I have to do this.

I dont care if Kane was a 5000 pounds moster the size of godzilla, he couldn't kick out of the perfect-plex..

So the crux of your argument is that Mr. Perfect could put the Perfect plex on Godzilla? I'd love to see that. Do you have pictures? Maybe video footage?

In the meantime, I've got some great footage for you... It's a perfect-plex.

It's someone kicking out of the perfect-plex.

It's Bret Hart kicking out of the perfect-plex.

[youtube]n-Zi61fYE_o&feature=related[/youtube]

Now I know you're a smart poster, Milk. Are you really about to tell me that Bret Hart is stronger than a man that's 7 foot, and weighs 300 hundred pounds? I hope rationale hits you very soon. You're better than this

Kane was billed as good as, if not better than the Undertaker.

Man.... you just locked yourself in here. So Kane is as good as the Undertaker? Are you really about to tell me that you think Mr. Perfect is better than the Undertaker?

Henning on the otherhand, he was billed as being perfect, never making a mistake.

But throughout his entire career, he was never defined as "undefeated". He lost. He lost a lot, actually. He lost to guys much bigger than him. And in reference to Kane, at his kayfabe height, he was impervious to pain. He squashed Mick Foley and Vader on pay per view while literally not breaking a sweat. He then proceeded to give The Undertaker the most difficult match of his life taking, three tombstones to go down. Oh, and then he won the WWF title. Something Perfect never did.

Being able to do whatever, whenever. His prime, I would consider During his horseman days.

There is so much wrong with what you said. Am I talking to the real Milkyway? Anyway, first of all, you just clearly contradicted yourself. First of all, earlier in the post you referred to Curt Hennig as "Mr. Perfect". He was never Mr. Perfect with the Horsemen. He was simply Curt Hennig. there was nothing perfect about him. Second, Kane has a habit of clearing house whenever he comes into contact with a group. Again, we roll the footage...

[youtube]no7SYGIFkRo&feature=related[/youtube]

A group with more people, and for that matter, more talented people, than the incarnation of the Horsemen you're referring to.

In which, he would have easily won due to the other 3 horseman interfering costing Kane the match.

Third, you seem to forget that Curt Hennig turned his back on those exact same Horsemen not but two weeks later. If anything, they would do everything in their power to screw over Curt. You're probably better off using the nWo as your source of interference, which by the way if you're using interference, you're already giving up on the idea that Curt could beat Kane in a clean one on one match. But even if you think there's interference....

Fourth, Well, how do you do, there's no interference in this match! All of the wrestlers you're expecting to interfere have their own matches in the tournament to prepare for. Hogan, Hall, Nash, Giant, whoever you want to thow out there. All of them have matches in different regions. There's no way they're making it to New York to help Curt. Unless, you want to send the nWo B-squad. Because we're all aware of how effective they are. :smashfreakB:

Ok.... If you call three tombstones... And a plancha over the top rope... And just about every other move Undertaker has in his arsenal... Then yes. yes, he did it in which he never broke a sweat. :blink:

I hope you're not trying to imply Taker's match with Kane was a squash. Because that's exactly how it sounds like you're portraying it.

Kane can't even hold onto a world title for longer than a day.

Ah, and it was still a day more than Mr. Perfect.

Perfect, just died before he got his. Thats not his fault.

..... If by "just died", you mean twelve years, than grand? Otherwise, Perfect maybe should have worn the strap, but he didn't. Period, end of story.

Henning has a pinfall over Flair, You think Kane could beat Ric Flair?

You want to know why I've been laughing this entire time, Milky? Seriously, would you like to?

I've got a great reason why. Go ahead, ask me.

Well, aren't you going to ask me.

It's because your entire thread, you've been misspelling "Hennig". It's Hennig, Milky. Not Henning. Good God, maybe I gave you way too much credit as a poster.

And to answer your question... Yes. I feel a kayfabe strong Kane goes over Ric Flair.

Even though these days hes known as the big red jobber,The coffee fearing kane was a monster "once upon a time". He captured the world title by beating steve austin, won the icee belt, like hennig, captured the tag team belts, and has had his share of main event pushes/matches. Kane defeats Mr. "mid-carder" perfect.

Mr. Perfect is one of my favorites of all time, as is Kane. This match would be pretty good. Kane in his prime was unstoppable and I don't think Mr. P would be able to match that. Hennig would give him a battle, but Kane would snap and end Hennig and move on.

I'm genuinely surprised... I thought this match would have been 50-50 with the match teetering in Hennig's favor. I guess not, so I'll save my better arguments for when Kane meets the Rock next match.

Goldberg crushed The Rock and destroyed Curt Hennig in WCW, yet Kane was booked to look like Goldberg's equal in WWE. Goldberg spend more time on defense in matches with Kane than he did against any other opponent (sans Bret Hart). Goldberg never pinned Kane either, so if Goldberg couldn't beat Kane, what chance would Curt Hennig have? Not much...

Vote Kane

There have been some great points made so far in this thread. I knew who I was going to vote far before I even clicked this thread, but reading through alot of these posts reminded me of how good Kane really was in his prime. He was a monster and for a short period of time, he was nearly unstoppable.

Even though that has to be acknowledged, I still can't cast a vote for Kane over Hennig. Curt Hennig was phenomenal before there was an AJ Styles ans he was the show stopper before Shawn Mchaels became the Heartbreak Kid. Hennig was really just that damn good.

I would have to say that a gimmick match may sway more in Kane's favor, however, this is a straight up wrestling match. Kane definately wins in the strength department, but Hennig was sly and cunning. He would outwit the big man by keeping him grounded and/or using his quickness to his advantage.

Hennig pulls out a tough one and moves on to the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back