WWE needs legends to sell wrestlemanias?

Just saying that sometimes it doesnt mean a thing. You could have huge draw and still have a bad show(in terms of quality) and you could have a huge draw and still no good hype for the people to buy it. Look at WM19. They had Hogan vs Mcmahon, Rock vs Austin and still very low buyrate. So I say it depends more on advertisement then the legends. Draws help a lot, but you need good promotion for good buyrates...
When I say "draw" I was referring to what was drawn, as in the buyrates. I was saying that because I basically agree with you. People say "well such and such show was the best because it had the highest buyrates". That's not true because buyrates aren't correlated with the show quality, but rather, marketing quality.

Match quality and drawing ability are two separate things. As a Flair fan I recognize that his matches against Hogan far drew more interest than his matches vs Ricky Morton, but for sheer match quality the Morton matches blew them away. I dont think anyone really equates the "quality" of a show simply with attendance alone.

However, if you want people to watch then you better have matches in place that will draw a lot of interest. No matter how much hype they give it average wrestling fans are far more likley to tune in for Rock-Cena II than they would for say Del Rio-Ziggler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back