WWE Over The Limit - Miz vs John Cena - I Quit Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how babyfaces are booked. They take a beating, and then have superhuman strength. Look at Hogan, Austin, Michael's. HBK would sell a badback for 20 minutes then kick-up and nothing would be wrong with him anymore. It's what top face's do, they've done it forever.

You have to understand, Cena had about 3-4 minute's to regroup after the taping of Cena saying "I Quit." Plus, Cena would've never let loose of the STF until Miz passed out. Miz, being the heel, gave up so he would'nt have to suffer alot of pain. He's a heel who wanted to not be killed by Cena to be able to walk tommorrow. He knew Cena was gonna kill him for revenge after the immense beating by The Miz on Cena.

Wrong. Especially on the HBK comment. HBK just as good as anyone. He sold his beatings, and yeah, he came back and one, but most of the times, the sweet chin music came out of nowhere, and he showed his exhaustion when he would do his finish moveset, the elbow drop, the tune and the kick, he sold his exhaustion and his injuries. Cena doesn't. Cena ran after miz and it looked like the match just started. after taking a beating for 25 minutes, 3-4 minutes won't make you 100 percent, not after a beating like that.

i guess from a person like me who understands and accepts that wrestling isnt what it appears to be and that it isnt real, cena just takes that aspect and runs with it. like "hey, he didnt really hit me with all that stuff, it was just for show. see, I'm perfectly fine! Watch how fast I run after him!"

That's how babyfaces are booked. They take a beating, and then have superhuman strength. Look at Hogan, Austin, Michael's. HBK would sell a badback for 20 minutes then kick-up and nothing would be wrong with him anymore. It's what top face's do, they've done it forever.

You have to understand, Cena had about 3-4 minute's to regroup after the taping of Cena saying "I Quit." Plus, Cena would've never let loose of the STF until Miz passed out. Miz, being the heel, gave up so he would'nt have to suffer alot of pain. He's a heel who wanted to not be killed by Cena to be able to walk tommorrow. He knew Cena was gonna kill him for revenge after the immense beating by The Miz on Cena.

I respect your opinion, but have you ever seen anyone get stomped for 30 minutes then take a 3-4 minute break and kick someone's ass? That is not feasible. Like another poster said if it was a more back and forth type match up there wouldn't be so many against the outcome of the match. Everyone knew that Cena would will, it's the way the his matches are booked is what rubs people the wrong way.

And to you saying that is how all faces are booked is completely wrong. Not all of them "Hulk up". Cena does it, Sting does it, and Hulk of course...those are what I can name off the top of my head; when Shawn did his kick-up after people working on his back he still sold the pain of it hurting. Again I respect your opinion but you have to open up to what others are saying.

This was so predictable. I was expecting Cena to retain but the way he won it? Come on. If it was back and forth and Cena and Miz trading blows and all. Maybe a 60%-40% kind of thing, fine, I could understand that. Cena got his ass whipped the whole fucking match and yet he beats the Miz in two seconds. People say Cena is a great seller? I don't see it at all. From a kayfabe perspective, talk about believability, how is this believable? Almost the whole roster would've given up. Anyone of us would've given up. How am I supposed to believe Cena is inflicted with so much pain and Miz quits after one FU to the table?

And ItsSoEasy get your fucking head out of Cena's ass. You like Cena, I get that but what I hate is your blind love of the man and how you refuse to accept anyone's opinion being different than yours. It's people like you why I hate the IWC. Fucking bitch.

But that's just it. It CAN'T BE a 60/40 match with Miz/Cena because Miz wouldn't stand a chance. It HAD to be the heels beating down the face before the big face makes his comeback like ALL HEEL VS FACE MATCHES! Whether that huge face comeback was from Hogan in the 80s, Austin or the 90s, or Cena tonight, it was THE SAME THING. Whether it was Hogan Hulking Up and hiting The Leg Drop, or Austin countering into a Thesz Press before a Stunner, or tonight with Cena getting time to get himself together before taking advantage, taking Riley out, and hunting down Miz before putting him in The STF, the face almost ALWAYS overcomes the odds before he gets screwed sooner or later. It's just the way things happen.

And it takes alot for you to talk about someone else forcing their opinions onto someone else, while they're only trying to DEFEND their opinion with LOGIC and FACTS. So I think I'll just quote you again to end this.

You refuse to accept anyone's opinion being different than yours. It's people like you why I hate the IWC. Fucking bitch.

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;3133036 said:
But that's just it. It CAN'T BE a 60/40 match with Miz/Cena because Miz wouldn't stand a chance. It HAD to be the heels beating down the face before the big face makes his comeback like ALL HEEL VS FACE MATCHES! Whether that huge face comeback was from Hogan in the 80s, Austin or the 90s, or Cena tonight, it was THE SAME THING. Whether it was Hogan Hulking Up and hiting The Leg Drop, or Austin countering into a Thesz Press before a Stunner, or tonight with Cena getting time to get himself together before taking advantage, taking Riley out, and hunting down Miz before putting him in The STF, the face almost ALWAYS overcomes the odds before he gets screwed sooner or later. It's just the way things happen.

And it takes alot for you to talk about someone else forcing their opinions onto someone else, while they're only trying to DEFEND their opinion with LOGIC and FACTS. So I think I'll just quote you again to end this.

I'm one to actually accept people's opinions. He isn't. But pun intended, this set me Over the Limit. I am not one to force opinions on others but he does it all the time and I just lost it. Reminds me of when Bret stood up to HBK in 97 and refused to do the jon.

It can be a 60/40 match to make both look like they have a chance. Cena could've still sold his stuff while he did it but he no sells EVERYTHING. He's a shitty seller and if Cena got more offense it, I would've believed it. If this was real life, Cena would've quit. It's things like this that make it frustrating. Same thing happened at Elimination Chamber. He was laid out the whole fucking match and then he does one move on Punk and wins the match. It's stupid shit like that. I'm not saying he can't win in comeback fashion but tonight was just pathetic. And it's not like it was the first time ever. It always fucking happens. How am I supposed to believe this shit?

Okay so wait, I missed the pay per view (I hate people at work), did they seriously play it out as Cena being beat badly for 25 minutes by two people, only to do three moves and win? Was it really that bad tonight?

I understand him winning. But they built The Miznup as a legit champion and then threat, and then he taps like a bitch. No one gets beat down like Cena did for a good 25-30 minutes and then shakes it off as nothing. And why did Alex Riley take one move and be incapacitated? All of this is NOT logical.

He was seen as a legit champion and threat because he had backup behind him in the form of Riley to make sure things would end in his favor. So when Riley finally gets taken out(with an AA though a freaking table no less, that's why he was incapacitated), then Miz has no choice but to run from a pissed off Cena that had rested for a few minutes and has a fucking weapon than try to fight him on his own. So when Cena had him Miz tapped "like a bitch" because he didn't want to suffer any further than he already had.

But faces don't get beaten down to a pulp for 30 minutes and then win easily with no signs of ever getting hurt. All the faces would sell more than Cena and have to use more force than Cena had to use.

Okay, if miz wouldnt stand a chance, thats why he had a-ri with him. they still couldnt make the match 60/40 with a-ri's help? they could have, they didnt want to. And everyone keeps saying that cena does what every other big name face does, but even if that's so, why does it have to be that way? you said in the 80's, that was 30 YEARS AGO! the same stuff is happening 30 years from then? and that makes it acceptable. Hogan did it, Austin didn't, atleast not like cena. If you can honestly find a match where anyone was beat down that bad for 25 minutes to win that easy, then fine, but you cant. The only one that comes anywhere close was Mankind in the I Quit match against Rock where he got his ass destroyed for most of the match, oh wait, he didn't get up like nothing was wrong with him and win, and he was one of the most hardcore guys in history. So now we're comparing Cena's pain level to Mankind's? And everyone is fine with that?

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;3133066 said:
He was seen as a legit champion and threat because he had backup behind him in the form of Riley to make sure things would end in his favor. So when Riley finally gets taken out(with an AA though a freaking table no less, that's why he was incapacitated), then Miz has no choice but to run from a pissed off Cena that had rested for a few minutes and has a fucking weapon than try to fight him on his own. So when Cena had him Miz tapped "like a bitch" because he didn't want to suffer any further than he already had.

Alex Riley has done nothing but get beat down the entire time he has been around. I am not sure how many wins he has even picked up. Cena was hit with stairs, chairs and everything else possible. But Riley having his back land on a table is more effective? Its not logical.

I'm one to actually accept people's opinions. He isn't. But pun intended, this set me Over the Limit. I am not one to force opinions on others but he does it all the time and I just lost it. Reminds me of when Bret stood up to HBK in 97 and refused to do the jon.

It can be a 60/40 match to make both look like they have a chance. Cena could've still sold his stuff while he did it but he no sells EVERYTHING. He's a shitty seller and if Cena got more offense it, I would've believed it. If this was real life, Cena would've quit. It's things like this that make it frustrating. Same thing happened at Elimination Chamber. He was laid out the whole fucking match and then he does one move on Punk and wins the match. It's stupid shit like that. I'm not saying he can't win in comeback fashion but tonight was just pathetic. And it's not like it was the first time ever. It always fucking happens. How am I supposed to believe this shit?

If it was a 60/40 match Miz would've stood a chance, Cena would've destroyed him every chance he had.

Miz had Riley to help him with everything. If Miz didn't have Riley, he would've got mauled by Cena. Riley was one of the reason Miz had most of the advantages. Once Cena got the advantage with Riley out of the equation, Miz gave up in under two minutes. Miz realized he was screwed.

Oh, and Cena's comeback, he had a god 3-4 minutes to regroup.

And besides, doesn't the STF usually end the match in a few second's? There was no ropes, no way to escape, he was screwed. He either had to give up or be in imense pain for 10 inutes before he passed out. Being a sneaky-bitchy heel, he gave up in a few second's becuase he knew Cena was out to destroy him.

But that's just it. This isn't real life and it isn't supposed to be real life. It's supposed to be like a story where the good guy always wins because he's without a doubt the better man.In the Elimination Chamber he took advantage and hit one move(which happened to be his finisher aka the move that's supposed to end a match) after lying down for awhile(which is also considered recovering). Tonight he got his few minutes of rest, took out Riley after Riley took out Miz by accident. ANd because of that Miz HAD to run because A: Riley was out, B: Cena was rested AND had a weapon, and C: Cena was PISSED after all the pain Miz put him through. So Miz quit rather that have to face any more rath from Cena especially considering he had already been whipped and put in a choke hold which Cena had no intention of releasing, so Miz was trapped and had to quit.

I was rooting for Miz before this match knowing how unlikely it was that he could ever win, and throughout the whole of the match I genuinely believed he could do it- that was it, it was believable. It made sense, Miz could have beaten Cena without Cena looking weak, the feud could have continued and even have been more intense after a dirty Miz win. That's what I was disappointed with, not the fact that Cena won but the fact that it just wasn't believable at all. Surely now this feud has to end, and where does that leave Miz? What has Cena gained from winning like this? He won't have gained any more fans or interest than he already had surely. And now Miz looks weaker than ever. Questionable booking IMO. I could be wrong, and moving Miz out of the title picture for a while could actually do wonders for him in the long run, but I just hope that he doesnt get any more shots for a while because however unbelievable the match was, after tonight it just isn't believable that Miz could ever beat Cena.

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;3133113 said:
But that's just it. This isn't real life and it isn't supposed to be real life. It's supposed to be like a story where the good guy always wins because he's without a doubt the better man.

Lol, do you honestly believe this? The good guys don't always win, and the good guy's arent always the better man. I guess if that was the case, Triple H, Kane, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Miz, and many others (who all rose to stardom as heels) would never be big names. The good guys dont always win and aren't always the better man.

Lol, do you honestly believe this? The good guys don't always win, and the good guy's arent always the better man. I guess if that was the case, Triple H, Kane, Undertaker, Randy Orton, Miz, and many others (who all rose to stardom as heels) would never be big names. The good guys dont always win and aren't always the better man.

Because their fueds with the top faces at the times were well recieved enough that they were able to maintain their places at the top of the card(whether they won or lost those fueds) with other faces before they eventually turn face and become the guys to take on the up and coming heels. Pretty much in a cycle.

I was rooting for Miz before this match knowing how unlikely it was that he could ever win, and throughout the whole of the match I genuinely believed he could do it- that was it, it was believable. It made sense, Miz could have beaten Cena without Cena looking weak, the feud could have continued and even have been more intense after a dirty Miz win. That's what I was disappointed with, not the fact that Cena won but the fact that it just wasn't believable at all. Surely now this feud has to end, and where does that leave Miz? What has Cena gained from winning like this? He won't have gained any more fans or interest than he already had surely. And now Miz looks weaker than ever. Questionable booking IMO. I could be wrong, and moving Miz out of the title picture for a while could actually do wonders for him in the long run, but I just hope that he doesnt get any more shots for a while because however unbelievable the match was, after tonight it just isn't believable that Miz could ever beat Cena.

That's the thing. It never has been believable that Miz was able to beat Cena without anyone's help. And during the entire fued Cena NEVER beat Miz 1 on 1. Miz mostly had the upper hand going into 'Mania, retained at 'Mania(via Riley and Rock). At Extreme Rules Cena won, but Morrison was there too as was R-Truth. On Raw, due to more Riley interference Miz technically won, but Cena got lucky and kept the belt. So that's what was gained from this. Cena FINALLY got the definitive victory over both Miz and Riley so they can all move on to better fueds.

Cena FINALLY got the definitive victory over both Miz and Riley so they can all move on to better fueds.

Couldn't agree more, I just hope and pray that this is what happens now. My only concern is who Miz will feud with

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;3133191 said:
That's the thing. It never has been believable that Miz was able to beat Cena without anyone's help. And during the entire fued Cena NEVER beat Miz 1 on 1. Miz mostly had the upper hand going into 'Mania, retained at 'Mania(via Riley and Rock). At Extreme Rules Cena won, but Morrison was there too as was R-Truth. On Raw, due to more Riley interference Miz technically won, but Cena got lucky and kept the belt. So that's what was gained from this. Cena FINALLY got the definitive victory over both Miz and Riley so they can all move on to better fueds.

Unfortunately with Cena vs. Rock on the horizon, Cena can not look anything else but the very top guy in wrestling. If he loses to Miz or anyone like that the Cena/Rock match wont have as much allure because people might say well of course Rock beat Cena, Miz can beat him...

It's an issue when you book a match a year out and then continue to put one of the particpants in the title scene...

If it was a 60/40 match Miz would've stood a chance, Cena would've destroyed him every chance he had.

Miz had Riley to help him with everything. If Miz didn't have Riley, he would've got mauled by Cena. Riley was one of the reason Miz had most of the advantages. Once Cena got the advantage with Riley out of the equation, Miz gave up in under two minutes. Miz realized he was screwed.

Oh, and Cena's comeback, he had a god 3-4 minutes to regroup.

And besides, doesn't the STF usually end the match in a few second's? There was no ropes, no way to escape, he was screwed. He either had to give up or be in imense pain for 10 inutes before he passed out. Being a sneaky-bitchy heel, he gave up in a few second's becuase he knew Cena was out to destroy him.

Well gee then, that's pretty shitty booking of the future face of the company. Riley gets squashed by Cena all the time. Cena sold this match like shit and even a big muscular guy like Cena would've quit if it was actually real. And if Cena would've mauled Miz, then how are we supposed to take Miz seriously as the successor to face of the company like Vince wants? And since when does 3-4 minutes make up for 25 minutes of an ass kicking?

And we don't know what Miz was thinking kayfabe wise because Riley could've gotten back up and try beating Cena again.

Michael "Mr. WZNexus" V.;3133113 said:
But that's just it. This isn't real life and it isn't supposed to be real life. It's supposed to be like a story where the good guy always wins because he's without a doubt the better man.In the Elimination Chamber he took advantage and hit one move(which happened to be his finisher aka the move that's supposed to end a match) after lying down for awhile(which is also considered recovering). Tonight he got his few minutes of rest, took out Riley after Riley took out Miz by accident. ANd because of that Miz HAD to run because A: Riley was out, B: Cena was rested AND had a weapon, and C: Cena was PISSED after all the pain Miz put him through. So Miz quit rather that have to face any more rath from Cena especially considering he had already been whipped and put in a choke hold which Cena had no intention of releasing, so Miz was trapped and had to quit.

The target audience- the little kids, how many of them do you think they think is fake? I know when I was their age, I was thinking this was real. I thought before my very eyes that kayfabe was real. I have said before that Cena winning is not the problem. The way he won it is.

And how many finishers did Cena kick out of? Cena is human. So are the heels. He took them all out. Had minutes of rest but he no sold it. That was the problem. How could Riley be out like a light but Cena act like nothing happened?

There could've been a much better way to tell this story. This is why people hate Super Cena.

This was the worst I quit match ever. Just terrible. Way to make the Miz look like a complete joke. They should have just had an awesome one on one match with Riley taken out early. Could have had Cena lock him in a freezer or something bad ass. Just have Miz quit after taking tons of damage. But no, he quits after a title belt shot, some whipping, and an stf. This coulda been a great feud ending, what a botch... jeez.

As usual Super Cena completely removes any credibility from a 'hardcore' match... how many times did he get hit in the head? 6 or 7 times? Yet he doesn't stumble or anything when he attacks and at the end it wasn't as if he was even in a match at all, no less one where he took several kendo stick, microphone, chair, steel floor, barrier, belt shots whilst suffering a 2 on 1 beating for a good 20 minutes straight.... Miz gets put in a crap STF and quits immediately.

Well what is there left to say that no other person w/common sense hasn't already posted? SMDH..........We all know that John Cena is the man, the top dog, the main event, the guy that is put in front on all the wwe posters, & if you don't realize or accept this by now well then Tough Titty cause the bastard isn't going anywhere soon. Now w/all that said how can anybody w/at least half a brain defend the trash that was the Over The Limit main event? I mean, come on, come on, we all knew that he was going to win tonight, but WHY IN THE MONKEY HELL DID THE MATCH HAVE TO BE BOOKED LIKE THAT?????? I understand that Miz is suppose to be nothing more than a bitch heel, but damn the made this man look like a damn diva tonight, & what really kills me the most is that I come on here & there is still ppl on here blindly defending John Cena!!! :wtf:

I'm sorry, but that was a piss poor main event & John Cena didn't have to win like that, after these guys put on a really good back & forth match on Raw about 3 weeks ago they come to PPV & give us this typical, predictable SuperCena bullshit. This man has no keyfabe powers, he isn't like Hogan w/Hulkamania giving him life, he isn't a demon of The Devil like Undertaker & Kane, & he is no longer The Fucking Prototype, so why do they insist on booking his matches this way. If they book his match w/The Rock anything like this shit I just watched my damn head will explode. WWE should be ashamed of themselves for such nonsense, this shit is just ridiculous :disappointed:

Well gee then, that's pretty shitty booking of the future face of the company. Riley gets squashed by Cena all the time. Cena sold this match like shit and even a big muscular guy like Cena would've quit if it was actually real. And if Cena would've mauled Miz, then how are we supposed to take Miz seriously as the successor to face of the company like Vince wants? And since when does 3-4 minutes make up for 25 minutes of an ass kicking?

And we don't know what Miz was thinking kayfabe wise because Riley could've gotten back up and try beating Cena again.

If Riley wasn't there, they obviously would have scripted it in a way where Miz was doing some serious damage of his own without Rileys help duhhh...

Knew that Miz would use a recording, easiest way to make him look Heelish and still not look to weak when he eventually quits.

This angers the fuck out of me. How the hell can anyone defend THE BOOKING OF THIS MATCH. You know how Stonecold got over? What made him a tough son of a bitch? When he didn't quit or tap out when he was in the sharpshooter in a pool of his own damn blood and instead "passed out and lost consciousness" because he refused to quit. He didn't just power out of the sharpshooter, get right back up and win the fucking match. Steve Austin actually sold the beatings that he got. Everyone respected him afterwards.

That's what pisses me off about Cena...he no sells EVERYTHING. For all of us that are older than 5 years old, its just fucking ridiculous to watch a man get the piss beat out of him for 28 minutes only to shake it off like nothing happened.

They should have had Cena at least beat the hell out of the Miz, shoved the mic in his face a few times so he could at least say no to quitting to give him some credibility and then finally made him quit. The Miz has zero credibility now....he was made to look like a damn WWE Diva by quitting in 3 seconds. I can't wait for him to start feuding with Kharma now.

WWE booking is a joke and so is John Cena. What's worse is that Cena is probably gonna pull the same shit on the Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back