WWE Region, Manchester Subregion, First Round: (1) Hulk Hogan vs. (32) James Storm

Who wins this match?

• Hulk Hogan

• James Storm

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Manchester Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, England.

men-photo.jpg

hulk_hogan_sex_tape.jpeg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

img_1106.jpg

#32. James Storm

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I don't think Storm would beat a 59 year old Hogan let alone in his prime. I love James Storm and he's one of my favorites in TNA but this is Hulk Hogan we are talking about, the biggest wrestler in history. Storm would but up a fight but ultimately would go the same way as Andre, Bundy, Orton, Savage and a million others. Storm hits the Last Call, Hogan kicks out, Hulks up, blocks a punch, hits a punch x 3, irish whip, boot, Leg Drop, over.

Yeah Hogan would win this match in a wheel chair (which ironically might be how he beats Bully Ray for the TNA Title).

So, the guy I'm pushing in this tournament and the legitimate greatest wrestler of all time is facing a man who pretty much has no chance in hell against him. Don't get me wrong, I like Storm and everything he's done in TNA as one of their undisputed top stars, but whatever he's accomplished has nothing on Hogan's illustrious career. This is a very easy pick.

Hogan wins, Hulking Up after receiving a Last Call superkick and delivering the Atomic Leg Drop.

PS: Hogan looks like a cunt in that image

Storm wins in an upset.

Hogan's full of himself. He always has been. Whether he was the top dog Real American at the top of the WWF, the leader of the nWo, or Emperor of TNA (or whatever his title is), he has never stopped being completely and totally full of himself. And that's not entirely unwarranted, because look at all those accomplishments. He's been a big deal for a long time. He's still the #1 go to example of what a professional wrestler is in whatever context you're talking about, from the most casual to most hardcore scene. But the undeniable fact remains - he's full of himself.

Secondly, he's from a completely different generation. It's not that the wrestlers he worked with in the WWF, WCW, later WWE, and even New Japan and an indy here and there weren't very good, it's just that they're completely different. Hogan is, by and large, used to wrestling guys of a certain profile. They're either big - Andre, King Kong Bundy, so forth - or they're massively ripped - the Savages and Lugers of his world. All of whom he's defeated handily before. There's a third class of wrestles who profile like Storm, and he's had very mixed results against them.

Consider Sting, who historically outdoes Hogan in their meetings. He's of approximately the same height and weight as Storm, and certainly, with years of experience together in TNA, would have rubbed of on him in a personal manner, in addition to his general influence on the development of the American indy style that Storm is a master of. Or Ric Flair - also of approximate height and body weight to Storm, who's defeated Hogan more times than any other wrestler in history. Who was also a personal mentor to James Storm in Fourtune, and who holds the same qualifications as Sting in terms of general influence on Storm's overall style. You might bring up the example of Shawn Michaels, who holds similar qualifications as Flair and Sting, and who lost to Hogan one on one, but only once. The greater track record suggests that the guys with the best odds of beating Hogan are guys like Sting and Flair - guys like James Storm.

So consider: Hogan enters a match against a guy with the traditional profile of the people that beat him most often, who works a style he's very unfamiliar with - because, even though Sting, Flair, and Michaels are influences on it, it's also loaded with post ECW, puro, and pure innovation that lead to its overall makeup - and whom he wouldn't take seriously at all, owing to that he barely knows his name. He wouldn't gameplan for Storm. It's the first round of the tournament, he's the number one seed, and he's freakin' Hulk Hogan. He'd be out partying the night before. And Storm would take him to task, get the better of him, and beat him.

Don't be fooled by the big name versus the relative no name, 1 seed versus bottom seed. This is classic upset material staring you in the face. Storm would win this match.

Hulk Hogan WAS great. He is no longer great, he's disabled. Storm has the benefit of missing out on Hogan's heyday and is competing against a broken down, aged Hulkster. Storm is a solid wrestler, a brawler and a rule breaker. He's in his physical prime and is on the cusp of winning the TNA World Title. Hogan may channel the power of the Maniacs, but I think Storm has enough in the tank to kick out of the famous leg drop after 2. James Storm wins it, and Hogan plays "Leave the memories alone"

Storm wins in an upset.

Hogan's full of himself. He always has been. Whether he was the top dog Real American at the top of the WWF, the leader of the nWo, or Emperor of TNA (or whatever his title is), he has never stopped being completely and totally full of himself. And that's not entirely unwarranted, because look at all those accomplishments. He's been a big deal for a long time. He's still the #1 go to example of what a professional wrestler is in whatever context you're talking about, from the most casual to most hardcore scene. But the undeniable fact remains - he's full of himself.

Secondly, he's from a completely different generation. It's not that the wrestlers he worked with in the WWF, WCW, later WWE, and even New Japan and an indy here and there weren't very good, it's just that they're completely different. Hogan is, by and large, used to wrestling guys of a certain profile. They're either big - Andre, King Kong Bundy, so forth - or they're massively ripped - the Savages and Lugers of his world. All of whom he's defeated handily before. There's a third class of wrestles who profile like Storm, and he's had very mixed results against them.

Consider Sting, who historically outdoes Hogan in their meetings. He's of approximately the same height and weight as Storm, and certainly, with years of experience together in TNA, would have rubbed of on him in a personal manner, in addition to his general influence on the development of the American indy style that Storm is a master of. Or Ric Flair - also of approximate height and body weight to Storm, who's defeated Hogan more times than any other wrestler in history. Who was also a personal mentor to James Storm in Fourtune, and who holds the same qualifications as Sting in terms of general influence on Storm's overall style. You might bring up the example of Shawn Michaels, who holds similar qualifications as Flair and Sting, and who lost to Hogan one on one, but only once. The greater track record suggests that the guys with the best odds of beating Hogan are guys like Sting and Flair - guys like James Storm.

So consider: Hogan enters a match against a guy with the traditional profile of the people that beat him most often, who works a style he's very unfamiliar with - because, even though Sting, Flair, and Michaels are influences on it, it's also loaded with post ECW, puro, and pure innovation that lead to its overall makeup - and whom he wouldn't take seriously at all, owing to that he barely knows his name. He wouldn't gameplan for Storm. It's the first round of the tournament, he's the number one seed, and he's freakin' Hulk Hogan. He'd be out partying the night before. And Storm would take him to task, get the better of him, and beat him.

Don't be fooled by the big name versus the relative no name, 1 seed versus bottom seed. This is classic upset material staring you in the face. Storm would win this match.

I agree but disagree. It's hard to say what I want to say but I see Hogan winning this as much as Storm. I do really hate Hogan do that might be part of it, however like you said, this is where Hogan could and will slip up. Storm shouldn't be taken lightly and as the bottom seed here, would be the biggest surprise win in the history of this entire thing.

That's why I'm voting Storm.

If you're looking for an upset, look to the other half of Beer Money (vote Roode over Edge), it's not happening here. There is no reason, aside from blind Hogan hatred, that Storm would win this match. Storm was champion for a cup of coffee, Hogan was a world champion for 3390 days.

James Storm is basically a mid level heel. He might have been interesting enough to be perceived as some kind of mild threat (looking at you Mr. Perfect), but no way he knocks off Hogan.

Storm wins in an upset.

That's a semi-convincing argument for anyone who prefers Storm over Hogan, but do you really think that Hogan would just let a much smaller name get the better of him in the first round of a tournament to crown the greatest of all time? Hell no, he'd be on top of his game, shrugging off whatever the hell Storm throws at him and beating his ass soundly. I mean, just picture this in your head. Storm beating an in-his-prime Hogan. That's laughable.

The problem with comparing Flair and Sting to Storm is that they'd actually have a shot at beating Hogan and arguments could easily be made for them to go over. What feasible argument can be made where Storm is better than Hogan? Drawing power? No. Star power? No. Star power of people he's beaten? No cigar there either. Championships? Not even close.

Bottom line: Storm isn't upsetting Hogan in this match, he's upsetting his mother by losing the match and going home to her while silently weeping and pondering why he drew such a bad seed.

Do the right thing and vote for the FAR bigger name. You should feel bad for even making this post, you meanie face.

Hulk Hogan WAS great. He is no longer great, he's disabled. Storm has the benefit of missing out on Hogan's heyday and is competing against a broken down, aged Hulkster. Storm is a solid wrestler, a brawler and a rule breaker. He's in his physical prime and is on the cusp of winning the TNA World Title. Hogan may channel the power of the Maniacs, but I think Storm has enough in the tank to kick out of the famous leg drop after 2. James Storm wins it, and Hogan plays "Leave the memories alone"

Every wrestler competing in this tournament is being treated as if they were in their prime, not their present condition, dummy. If they weren't, how the hell would Lou Thesz, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Owen Hart and some other guys I'm missing be in it? They're dead.

I'm going with all you Storm lovers are just messing around, there's no way anyone could be that stupid, you would literally have to be a combination of Forrest Gump and Arnie Grape in order to actually think Storm could take Hogan especially in his prime. Hogan could be drunk, high on weed, cocaine and seeing vast hallucinations from taking Salvia 3 seconds before his entrance and he would still beat James Storm.

You guys are hilarious, but Hogan's the man, he beats everyone in his prime outside of maybe Austin. James Storm is awesome, but has never done anything of note. Hogan is possibly the greatest of all time and would never lose to someone like James Storm.

Tough draws for both Roode & Storm. While I personally enjoy Storm more than Hogan, there's no way Storm goes over here. Hogan is the biggest there's ever been and Storm is someone that, while entertaining, simply hasn't reached anything close to the heights Hogan has.

From an in-ring standpoint, Storm is vastly superior in my opinion but Hogan was such an overwhelming draw in comparison that it simply doesn't matter. Storm would control some of the match but would ultimately lose somewhere in the 7 to 10 minute mark via the big boot & leg drop combo.

• Well since this tournament is every wrestler in their prime, James Storm will be facing Hulk Hogan in his prime, not the aged, broken down Hogan (who would still beat James Storm by the way). Hogan in the 80's (arguably his biggest prime) doesn't lose, and especially not in the early rounds of a tournament to midcarders. The VERY, VERY few times he lost was due to cheating (crooked refs, interference, and the like).
  • James Storm wouldn't kick out of the Leg Drop. NO ONE kicked out of the leg drop in the 80's. Hell, only The Rock would kick out of a Leg Drop NOW, and that's 20 years past his prime. The only people you can legitimately say could/would kick out of the Leg Drop are The Rock, Austin, Cena, or Andre. James Storm is a solid midcard/upper midcard middleweight. He gets hit with a leg drop and he doesn't move for 10 minutes. Like every other guy Hogan hit it on in the 80's.
  • And for the people who would argue Hogan not taking this seriously, are you high? Sure he's full of himself (as he's earned the right to be since he's Hulk Fucking Hogan). Sure he's a bit of an ass (as he's earned the right to be since he's Hulk Fucking Hogan). But never in his prime did Hulk Hogan not take his opponent seriously. He would be 100% into this tournament and destroy James Storm in 3 minutes. Hell, Storm would open with a punch and Hogan would Hulk Up, point, 3 punches, Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1-2-3.
  • Hulk Hogan never lost to Ric Flair until well past his (and Flairs) prime. Flairs first win was a countout win at the 94 Bash at the Beach, first pin/sub win was on Nitro in January 1996. Hogans prime is his WWF run of 85-92. Prior to that Hogan beat Flair 4 times in 1 on 1 matches and twice in tag matches.
  • Hogan was never in the same ring with Sting until 1994, and it wasn't until Starrcade 1997 that Sting went over Hogan, so Sting didn't go over Hogan in his prime.

A vote for James Storm is a vote for not knowing what you're talking about.

There are very few men that went over Hulk Hogan in his prime, and James Storm wouldn't have been one of them. His biggest claims to fame are being apart of a very good tag team, and holding the TNA World TItle for a week. That's it. He failed several times to take the title from Robert Roode, and has been a mid-carder ever since(and before) in TNA.

Hulk Hogan has dominated every company he's been in since becoming "Hulk Hogan." He's the biggest name in the history of professional wrestling, an overall 12 time World Champion, and has headlined more PPV's then anyone in history. He didn't lose to main event heels during his prime, let alone mid-card ones.

I don't like Hulk Hogan, and Id honestly prefer to vote for James Storm. Hogan's percentage of bad matches is rediculous, and I'd rather vote for someone who entertains me and whose matches I enjoy, which is the case with Storm. But this is about who would win, not about who entertains me more. And while Hogan really hasn't entertained me in the 22 years Ive been watching wrestling, he would squash Storm in his prime.

Hogan is the most dominant wrestler in the history of the business. This is a man who has beat just about everybody. His title reigns are more impressive than Bruno's since he actually wrestled more than once a month. By todays standards he might not be an incredible wrestler, but his popularity will forever be unmatched. Does popularity matter? Hulkamania, hulkng up. All from the will of the fans. Storm doesn't stand a chance.

Roode should be beating edge right now, Storm has no chance against hogan.

Sorry about your damn luck, Storm.

I mean, Hogan has been vilified for his backstage politics and his inability to surrender the spotlight, but no one can deny he's the best wrestler of the last 30 years. Hogan's era drew the money to make the other era's possible. He's beaten anyone and everyone that's a big name in this industry and James Storm's just nowhere near the caliber of opponent that could beat Hulk Hogan in his prime, or in his runs in WCW or the WWE in mid 2000's.

Hogan wins this after a hard fought battle with the big boot and leg drop.

Yeah, alright, you're a big deal in TNA. But are you the recipient of genuine world fame? I would estimate that about 90% of people I know, know who Hulk Hogan is. I'd be willing to bet that less than 1% know who Storm is. There's little to write, because it's so fucking obvious. Hogan wins.

Easy call here...the Hulk lays waste to this guy after absorbing a modicum of punishment just to keep the fans from being bored. Three right hands, followed by a whip into the ropes, a big boot then a leg drop for the 1-2-3. Hogan makes light work of this guy.

Storm wins in an upset.

:lmao:

I needed a good laugh. You just wanted to be different, right? Surely you don't believe this. Of course you don't.

Storm isn't even the top 20 of guys that Hogan had no problem beating. Storm's the type of guy Hogan would easily beat on Saturday Night's Main Event on free tv.

Storm wins in an upset.

Sorry, I was just thinking about that again. That's just priceless.

Anyway, Hogan is the biggest name in pro wrestling. Is the all time biggest draw really going to lose to a nobody by comparison in the first round of a tournament like this?

Storm wins in an upset.

Stop, you're killing me.

Imagine this tournament being hyped for weeks as the seeds were drawn and Hulk Hogan goes out against James Storm of all people. And the argument was Hogan is full of himself? It's pro wrestling. Who isn't full of himself? I know, it would be something if Hogan went out in the first round. It would give us something to talk about for years. That doesn't mean it should happen.

Storm wins in an upset.

That gets me every time.

Anybody want a scenario where James Storm goes over Hulk Hogan? Well H2 has done the job before for a face midcarder, putting over the Ultimate Warrior at WM6. To my knowledge, this was the only occurrence of Hulk facing a fellow good guy during his peak years. Now whereas Storm has shown that he does have the killer instinct against fellow faces (just ask AJ), Hogan has two very high profile cases where too much respect for a fellow good guy backfired (Sid at the RR'92 and Sting at Fall Brawl '99). Add to this Storm's record in the BFG Series (making the last four in 2011 and being the highest scorer in the better run 2012 event) and the Cowboy has established tournament longevity.

Yes, it would be a shock... but a dash of complacency and some degree of respect for a fellow good guy and Hogan might, just might, be going home early... it has happened before.

Anybody want a scenario where James Storm goes over Hulk Hogan? Well H2 has done the job before for a face midcarder, putting over the Ultimate Warrior at WM6. To my knowledge, this was the only occurrence of Hulk facing a fellow good guy during his peak years. Now whereas Storm has shown that he does have the killer instinct against fellow faces (just ask AJ), Hogan has two very high profile cases where too much respect for a fellow good guy backfired (Sid at the RR'92 and Sting at Fall Brawl '99). Add to this Storm's record in the BFG Series (making the last four in 2011 and being the highest scorer in the better run 2012 event) and the Cowboy has established tournament longevity.

Yes, it would be a shock... but a dash of complacency and some degree of respect for a fellow good guy and Hogan might, just might, be going home early... it has happened before.

If The Ultimate Warrior was considered a midcarder when he went over Hogan then Storm would be a jobber on the level of Barry Horowitz here... Brain gave Storm a little bit too much credit in saying James was the type of guy Hogan would beat on Saturday Night's Main Event. Hogan would have went over a guy like James Storm in 5 minutes or less on Superstars.

There's just no possible way Storm goes over. He's accomplished nothing outside of being in some great tag teams, and being somewhat flat as a single's star. He has a good catchphrase and he can drink a beer with the best of them, but he's not the stuff that legends are made of... Hogan fucking destroys James Storm and tears any possible upset scenario to pieces just like he would his Hulkamania t-shirts.

If The Ultimate Warrior was considered a midcarder when he went over Hogan then Storm would be a jobber on the level of Barry Horowitz here... Brain gave Storm a little bit too much credit in saying James was the type of guy Hogan would beat on Saturday Night's Main Event. Hogan would have went over a guy like James Storm in 5 minutes or less on Superstars.

There's just no possible way Storm goes over. He's accomplished nothing outside of being in some great tag teams, and being somewhat flat as a single's star. He has a good catchphrase and he can drink a beer with the best of them, but he's not the stuff that legends are made of... Hogan fucking destroys James Storm and tears any possible upset scenario to pieces just like he would his Hulkamania t-shirts.

So the guy who defeated Kurt 'frickin' Angle for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship in less than 2 minutes is a jobber? It might be 128th seed but there are no jobbers on this list, they're all here through merit.

So the guy who defeated Kurt 'frickin' Angle for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship in less than 2 minutes is a jobber? It might be 128th seed but there are no jobbers on this list, they're all here through merit.

In comparison to the momentum and star power that the Ultimate Warrior had going into Wrestlemania 6? Yes. Also, James Storm may have beaten Kurt Angle in 2 minutes for the belt, but his reign didn't amount to dick, now did it? He was a transitional champion, and he hasn't really shown signs of getting back any of the luster he once had. And James Storm still isn't as popular as the Ultimate Warrior in present day.

This argument is pointless because barring a black hole sucking the wrestling universe up, and dumping it like a bunch of toys into a baby's playpen, there's no fucking way the cards would land that James Storm would trump Hogan.

I see your statement, and raise you the Genius.

You know, it's been a while since I busted one of these out; might be a little rusty here, but it's time to go into my bag of tricks. I feel like I should wear a chain and everything. But here we are;

The return of Haiku Hogan (or something like that)

James Storm will drink beer
But if he gashes himself
Does it disinfect?

Hulkster's been training
I've been hanging and banging
With Brother Brutus

James Storm's a great guy
And he will launch TNA
Up to brand new heights

But let me tell you
As I look to the Big Man
In Heaven above

It's not his time yet
And Hulkster knows about time
So let me ask you, Storm

Whatcha gonna do?
When the hulkananiacs
Run wild on you, Grr!

This is my first time at having a go on this tournament and i have to go and pick the match i thought would be easiest to choose from, problem is my heart is saying Hogan my head is saying Storm.

I think it would be a good match that Storm would get some good offense in maybe even hitting Hulk with a beer bottle but in the end i know that once the hulkster starts to hulk up it is game over around the 9 minute mark.

Hogan wins via Fingerpoke of Doom. To be honest, I can't see how anybody can justify voting Storm over Hogan, sure, Storm may be good, and you may like him more than Hogan, but I dunno, I just can't see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back