WWE Region, Manchester Subregion, First Round: (9) Batista vs. (24) Tito Santana

Who wins this match?

• Batista

• Tito Santana

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Manchester Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the M.E.N. Arena in Manchester, England.

men-photo.jpg

batista-muscular.jpg

#9. Batista

Vs.

titoshirt.jpg

#24. Tito Santana

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Santana was a very good midcard guy to have around and put on good matches with just about anyone. Sadly, his career didn't amount to much more than that. Some Intercontinental & Tag Title runs, as well as a Hall of Fame induction, equal a good midcard career, but Santana is far from one of the top guys in wrestling.

Batista, meanwhile, was the top guy in the top company at one point and pretty much demolished guys of Santana's size and status with ease. That's without factoring in his numerous world title wins and his Wrestlemania main event matches.

Batista Bomb ends this relatively quickly.

Why did Chico have to face Batista?

I love Tito and he was one of the most reliable guys on any roster but there is no way he is going over Batista. Batista had a strong run as WWE champion and as the #1 guy only for it to end when he got injured, if that didn't happen he may have been champ for a long, long time as even 10 months in there was no end in sight. The only person Batista may have dropped it to was Mysterio but I don't even think his monster push because of Eddie would have stopped Batista.

Tito would give Batista a great match up but overall Batista would use his size and power to dominate. I don't think Tito would come close and would ultimately get Batista bombed into an oblivion. Batista wins.

Too bad for Chico because he's not going any further.

I was never a huge fan of Batista but, let's face it, Batista was a far bigger star than Santana ever was. Batista was a main eventer & multiple time World Champion while Santana was a career mid-carder.

Santana was the better technical wrestler but Batista would simply power through anything Santana could throw at him before ultimately powerbombing him damn near through the ring.

Tito is one of my all time favorites and for you modern fans, he's the original Kofi Kingston: won everything but the world title and could always get a good match out of anyone. That being said, he's lucky if he makes it five minutes here. Tito's big move was a flying forearm, and the Flying Burrito isn't doing jack against Big Dave. There's a good chance that I'm the biggest Tito Santana fan on these forums, but this isn't close whatsoever.

I'm a fan of Tito, I don't really like Batista. But Batista's run at the top (while short) was dominant. He would take apart Tito. Batista wins in a squash

Damn it! I was really hoping to see Chico go until the third round...

Batista is a bigger star, he was fed with wrestlers such as Chico all the time, he main evented Mania, won RR...just taking a look at his resumé, you know Batista wins.

Batista goes over here pretty easily.

Santana would be one of Batista's better opponents and I honestly believe that he would make Batista look damn good in the ring. At the end of the day, though, Batista was a top guy in the WWE for awhile and dominated people of Santana's stature.

Vote Batista.

A midcarder back in the 80's is equivalent to being in the top tier these days. Tito Santana held the Intercontinental title when it was as prestigious as any belt in pro wrestling. He's a damn good hand in the ring, something Batista's not. Tito also would have the fans behind him as he's much more popular than Batista.

Thing is, Chico isn't a match for Batista when it comes to the power game and all it takes is a spine on the pine and a Batista Bomb and the Gassed Up Gorilla Leviathan pins Chico.

I hate Batista.

I think there's about three wrestlers who have ever wrestled more matches than Tito Santana in a WWF ring. The trouble is, I'm hard pressed to think of any of them. No historic win. No monumental moment. He was an ever present throughout the eighties and early nineties, as is seemingly still on good terms with the company and yet how many times do you see him in historical compilations? He was just there, and nothing more.

Batista is a beast. A beast who is harshly judged as being an oaf. Batista vs Cena II is one of the most underrated WrestleMania matches, in my opinion. Regardless of that, he achieved much more than Santana in a much smaller space of time. Not really a contest in my mind.

Yet another suck draw for a good wrestler who deserved better....Santana was a sound wrestler and a good performer inside those ropes, but he has the misfortune of having to match up against Big ole' Dave Batista here in the 1st round. At the risk of being redundant, or spamming, there is nothing on Titos' resume that puts him over the 'roid monster. After giving Dave a wrestling lesson early on, Big Dave eventually catches Chico, and splatters him into the mat with a powerbomb. Batista moves on. Unfortunately.

I'm a Tito Santana fan. He's probably at least a little underrated around here. Before the demise of Strike Force and the eventual gimmick change to El Matador, Tito Santana was one of the top guys in the WWF. He was a focal point during the national expansion. I'm glad to see those that have posted here so far give Tito some respect. Unfortunately no one has said they would vote for him. What's more unfortunate is they are right to say that. Looks like we all have some respect for Tito but are forced to be realistic. When it comes to guys like Santana I consider is somewhat of a victory if I can just get them to the second round. That's just not going to happen here. Batista is just too big and too strong for Santana. Better luck next year Tito.

A midcarder back in the 80's is equivalent to being in the top tier these days. Tito Santana held the Intercontinental title when it was as prestigious as any belt in pro wrestling. He's a damn good hand in the ring, something Batista's not. Tito also would have the fans behind him as he's much more popular than Batista.

I call bullshit on this. C'mon now, I know you hate Batista. So do I but the opening sentence is ludicrous. I wouldn't take 20 Titos for one Punk or Cena.

More popular than Batista?????:lol: No..just...just no. Whenever Batista came out, he practically blew the roof off the place. I never really knew why but, hey, people dug him. They bought his t-shirts, dvds, action figures, books, etc. in droves. I'm not even sure poor Tito even got an action figure from LJN back in the day.

I call bullshit on this. C'mon now, I know you hate Batista. So do I but the opening sentence is ludicrous. I wouldn't take 20 Titos for one Punk or Cena.

More popular than Batista?????:lol: No..just...just no. Whenever Batista came out, he practically blew the roof off the place. I never really knew why but, hey, people dug him. They bought his t-shirts, dvds, action figures, books, etc. in droves. I'm not even sure poor Tito even got an action figure from LJN back in the day.

Did so! I have it!

And Tito was also in a cartoon... so yea. Batista can suck on that!

And to be given a run at the IC title in the 80's, you had drawing power. And Tito drew some good numbers and had some great fans. Sure Batista's sold more shit, but Batista had more things to sell. Chico could have had some shirts made if they're was a market for it back then.

Let me tell you something; when I come to power and become ruler of the forums, my first plan is to get in the selection committee, and get some new life into this tournament. Not the top guys, just the guys who are the lower seeds, who seem to be here every year, and have yet to get a god damn win. They'll be subbed for different guys; Shane Douglas for Ray Stevens, Owen Hart for Killer Kowalski, Kamala for Magnum TA, so that at the least people can go look at the Wikipedia of some new guys and research them.

And when that happens, let tell you something, Tito Santana is the fucking first to go. I always found him completely bland, and never got the love for him. He was a guy; a guy who could work a good match, but good was about all. He never won a damn thing, never drew a damn dime, may have main evented one card, but we always keep bringing him in, because... Well, I don't know why.

Tito Santana dies here. Like he did before. Like he always will in this tournament. It's like the only constant

Easy one to choose from on this occasion and my choice is Batista. Much as i love Tito Santana he is gonna get squashed in under five minutes by the power of Batista.

I could see Tito getting some quick moves in even setting himself up for the flying forearm but i can see big Dave dodging it quick spinebuster followed by a Batista bomb and the 3 count goes big Daves way.

I'm another one of those in the camp of not being a fan of Batista, but damn, the guy was powerful, and Tito Santana is no challenge to big Dave.

It's all well and good referring to Tito's 2 IC title reigns, his 2 tag team championship reigns, his several consecutive Wrestlemania appearances, etc., but he was just a midcard guy and Batista was a headliner for the majority of his WWE career.

Put it this way, if you're going to a wrestling show in Manchester (televised or not) what would encourage you to pay money to see it, Batista was headlining the show, or Tito Santana? I think it's pretty obvious.

Not to mention, Batista is a tank, and Tito would get flattened by him in next to no time.

Unleashing the furry! The first victim? Tito Santana. Tito wasn't a bad wrestler, in fact he was far from it. He was a solid midcarder... but he was just that. A midcarder. He was never the top dog, and nor was he ever close. I didn't really start liking Batista until 2007. But man was he popular as shit, and a top guy even before that.

This match would have been good, but Tito just wouldn't be able to cut the mustard against Batista.

I actually think Batista is kinda underrated by the IWC. He's not great and his micwork really tilts me (I remember one very good heel promo in the build up to Mania with Cena) but he's been booked pretty well throughout his career and got SUPER over. In the ring he's... passable. Like clearly not good but not entirely terrible either. He wouldn't be who I'd want pushed in the WWE, but he's clearly better than Lashley/Khali.

And like most I really like Tito, he's soo easy to support. But Dave was the man for a while. It was him and Cena as a clearly definable #1+#2 from 2005 until Orton and Edge stepped up. El Matador has never got close to that level, despite participating in some super fun feuds in midcard.

Santana gone.

Tito Santana was a solid midcarder, a good guy to have around who could be relied upon to have a decent match with pretty much anyone. He did have quite a bit of success, but nothing compared to his opponent in this.

Batista was a bonafide megastar, a multiple time World Champion. He has an incredible look, unbelievable power, the ability to connect with the audience and was dominant as hell in the ring. Santana would not have stood a chance against the Animal. If they had been in the same era, Santana would have been one of the guys told to make 'Tista look like a million bucks, and he would have...before taking a Batista Bomb and the 3 count.

Winner = Batista

Batista wins this one here. The Animal has been squashing guys like Santana since his days with Evolution before he won a world title. Batista is just to big of a name with to much star power for a career mid card guy like Santana. I'd say the Batista Bomb ends this one in about 4 and a half minutes

I am a big fan of Tito, and not so much a fan of Batista, but he wins this one. I think Tito would give him a little trouble early on but the power of Batista would prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back