Who Wins This Matchup?

• Hulk Hogan

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WWE Region. It is a Metal Object On A Pole match, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

madison-square-garden.jpg

Rules: A pole with a metal object is attached to a corner of the ring. The wrestlers climb the pole and retrive the object and can use it on each other. This is the only weapon that can be used and the match is won by pinfall or submission.

HulkHogan.jpg

#1. Hulk Hogan

Vs.

15975878.jpg

#8. Kane

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume the wrestlers are at full strength after their first two matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

How difficult is climbing the pole in relation to climbing a ladder? Doesn't matter. This is all Hogan. This is the type of match Hogan built his legacy on. For years the WWF lined up one monster after another and Hogan beat them all. Kane would be no different.

]How difficult is climbing the pole in relation to climbing a ladder?[/B] Doesn't matter. This is all Hogan. This is the type of match Hogan built his legacy on. For years the WWF lined up one monster after another and Hogan beat them all. Kane would be no different.

usually the pole is tied to the ring post, and is easy to get, simply climbing to the top rope is sufficient enough. i would say this match would depend on the kane that showed up. if it was 1997 kane, the unstoppable monster id give him the edge, but then again hogan was great at cheating, and with a
foreign object becoming legal, i give this one to the hulkster brother

Is it Hogan's Fist Helmet on that pole? Is it an Apple Pie Indian Strap? Doesn't matter. Because whatever it is is going to be used to punish the Big Red Machine mercilessly, brother.

Hogan built his legacy on toppling over the supposedly unstoppable. Kane will get a few licks in as monsters are wont to do, but after all hope is lost the Hulkster will wave his finger, stop an oncoming punch, and lay out The Devil's Favorite Demon.

Leg Drop. Pinfall. Music hits. Pose w/ the American Flag. Vote Hogan.

Agreed, Hogan just would not lose a match like this to Kane. This is all Hogan. Hogan would easily get the object beat Kane, and move to the next round.

Kane is likely going out here but going out with a bang. Of the 2, he is more known for his top-rope offence and often went to that well against big opponents. Hulk is a big lad who would need some keeping down so I could imagine that Kane is actually the one who retrieves the object, ***** Hulkster on the noggin with it, tombstones him, but Hogan exercises his wrist/finger combo and no-sells until he gets the pin.

Balls to it, I'm still voting Kane as it's unlikely to matter.

Hulkamania continues to run wild here against what would amount to being generic heel #31 for Hogan to put the big boot to, hit the leg drop, then beat the holy snot out of Kane with that metal object.

And for those who want to use the 'Taker beat Hogan, and Kane's like Taker, so Kane would beat Hogan' arguments can just be quiet. Kane's not Taker, and Hogan will win this in the place he headlined the first Wrestlemania.

I'd love someone to bring up Hogan's W-L record at MSG, too.

This wouldn't be a one sided match, but you can bet yo' ass the Hulkster is coming out on top brother.

Hulk made a career of beating guys like Kane, coming out on top when the odds were stacked against him, and this match would be no different. I'd expect to see Hogan bleed, as Kane twatted him with the metal object, but as he did on so many occasions Hogan would slowly get to his knees, start shaking as Kane continued hitting him, then shake the finger in the face of Kane before hitting the big boot/leg drop of devastation combo and grabbing the 3 count.

No shame in going out to Hogan, Kane gives a good account of himself but the Immortal One moves on.

This seems like a solid "monster of the month" type battle for Hogan while he waits for a more suitable opponent. Hogan would win and make the most out of a match that would never be in doubt. Monster like Kane would be perfect to keep Hogan busy but not actually win in the end. Have the monster beat Hogan up for a couple of minutes, Hulk starts the comeback and finishes with leg drop.

Hogan advances to the next round.

Hogan vs your garden variety monster in a somewhat garden variety gimmick match that anyone could wrestle? Hogan wins this all week long.

I know that's harsh to Kane, but this is the kind of guy who Hogan made his name on, particularly when he was at the top of his game (mid 80s). Whether it was Big Boss Man, Earthquake, Studd, or Bundy, Hogan was more than a match for these guys. I like Kane, but I don't see him being any much better.

All that said, I think this would be a fun match to watch. :)

Dowds said everything I was thinking. I imagine Kane getting the weapon, hitting Hogan with it and a chokeslam. Only to get a 2 count, Hogan hulks up, and delivers the original 5 moves of doom

I think a lot of people are underestimating Kane, sure I'm probably going with Hulk Hogan for the win but Hulk Hogan has had his fair share of problems with monster type wrestlers in the past. He lost to the likes of Yokozuna, Undertaker (before he was a big name), Ultimate Warrior, Goldberg, Big Show, Andre the Giant, etc.. With a lot of those monster characters comes the heel manager that usually is the one who costs Hogan the match, Kane in his prime was managed by Paul Bearer and so there is a possibility Paul Bearer would cost Hogan this match somehow.

However, with all that being said I'm going to go with Hulk Hogan as I feel even though he has had issues with monster type wrestlers, when it comes down to big time matches or one's with lots at stake, Hogan rarely loses. Hulk Hogan should win.

I'm tickled that Kane survived last round. But that doesn't matter as Hogan would have crushed either Kane or Dory Funk. Hogan's influence, career, legacy, and accolades precede himself. He's arguably the greatest wrestler of all time. For him not to win this match in a legends tournament would be asinine. Hogan will win and that's perfectly fine.

That being said I have no problem throwing Kane my vote, though Hogan should get the majority. He is my personal favorite wrestler ever. It's not a pity vote. It's a vote of confidence that I still respect his abilities.

Kane basically was invented to be a monster that lost his first big match against a face. Hogan was basically invented to beat monsters that had been running roughshod over everyone. There is simply no debate here, it has to go to Hogan.

Kane is the monster of the month set out to challenge Hogan, nothing more. The stipulation doesn't matter here. Even if it's something that favors Kane, it's no different than what we see today with John Cena. Hogan overcame the odds of monsters such as Kane frequently.

This isn't close. I don't know why, but this reminds me of the Cralito/Sandman Singapore Cane on a pole match from 2007. Sandman retrieved the Cane, but Carlito immediately hit his finisher on Sandman following, winning the match.

It's a script I could see easily playing out here. Kane gets the object, but is greeted with a big boot and a leg drop immediately following. 1-2-3, Hogan moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back