WWE's 50 greatest superstars list.

well being a actual wwf/wwe fan for over 18 years this list is the most ridiculous list that i have ever seen and.I'm disappointed at wwe for even making this.list. first of all How are you going to leave out brock lesnar instead you put in fabulous mula in his place and we all know chris benoit (if he didn't do what he did)should be in this list. and if not him what about macho man,randy savage,ultimate warrior,owen heart,the brittish bulldog in his place.also chris jericho is the first undisputed champion, so why doesn't.he have a higher spot in the list beating three.of the top five men in the list. hulk hogan i won't even touch on because everyone knows that's bullshit.i pray to god that this list isn't the actual final production list for the Dvd because if it is this will b the worst Dvd wwe ever put out because it is false

1. Hogan
2. Sammartino
3. Backlund

These three carried the company for a hell of a long time. Others had spurts of greatness (The Rock, Austin, Foley, Warrior), but didn't have sustained success (ie: decade long runs).

I also give the likes of HHH, Bret Hart, and Cena credit for carrying the company for long runs.

Oh, and for those who insist that the top 50 list is in no particular order, try putting Sgt. Slaughter or Jake Roberts at the top of the list and see how that flies. HBK and UT at the top of the list is a joke.

Wheres the Crippler Chris Benoit on the list? I mean he's by far better then half the people on the list. Who else beats Triple H at Wrestlemania besides Undertaker? I mean Chris Benoit has done it all from injuring people like Sabu to Murdering his family and killing himself. What other wrestler has that kind of dedication then him. That puts him on the list. Now maybe he didn't kill his family but he does deserve to be on this list over people like 9. Rey Mysterio and 29. Randy Orton. I mean come on Randy Orton on the list. He hasn't done anything but violate the ring waiting for people to get to their feet since joining WWE.

I wish people would stop saying this is not the Rankings but just a Random List. Whether we like it or not these are the rankings The only thing is in my opinion its not a list of the Greatest Superstars of all-time list but more or the Return of the Vince McMahon Kiss my A$$ Club. The bottom line is that if you are a Vince favorite you got a good spot and if not then you either got a bad spot or were left off entirely. Below is my Opinions on some of the Rankings.
1. Shawn Michaels
2. The Undertaker
3. Steve Austin
4. Bret Hart(If this list came out a few years ago Bret would NOT be Number 4)
5. The Rock
6. Harley Race
7. Ricky Steamboat( Current WWE Agent, great wrestler but #7?)
8. Andre the Giant
9. Rey Mysterio(Wow!)
10. "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
11. Eddie Guerrero
12. Triple H( Vince's Example of how "Unbiased" the rankings are lol)
13. Gorgeous George
14. "Macho Man" Randy Savage(Is on better terms then in the past otherwise he would be lower or off the list)
15. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
16. John Cena
17. Ric Flair(TNA)
18. Dusty Rhodes
19. Edge
20. Jerry "The King" Lawler
21. Lou Thesz
22. Terry Funk
23. Hulk Hogan(TNA)
24. Bruno Sammartino(Hates Vince)
25. Chris Jericho
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Fabulous Moolah
28. Classy Freddie Blassie
29. Randy Orton
30. Pat Patterson(Vince's Right hand man)
31. The Iron Sheik
32. Jimmy Snuka
33. Mick Foley(TNA)
34. Kurt Angle(TNA)
35. Buddy Rogers
36. Gorilla Monsoon
37. Junkyard Dog
38. "Superstar" Billy Graham
39. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
40. Big Show
41. Jack Brisco
42. Sgt. Slaughter
43. Kane
44. Nick Bockwinkel
45. Jeff Hardy(???)
46. Dory Funk Jr.
47. Bob Backlund(Must be on bad terms for some reason maybe someone knows)
48. Rick Rude(Showed up on Live Nitro & Taped Raw on the Same Night Nuff Said)
49. Batista(Quit on WWE or would be higher on the list with Fellow Class of 2002 Sperstars Cena & Orton)
50. Killer Kowalski(Good wrestler I guess but I'm sure being Triple H's Trainer didn't hurt)

Wheres the Crippler Chris Benoit on the list? I mean he's by far better then half the people on the list. Who else beats Triple H at Wrestlemania besides Undertaker? I mean Chris Benoit has done it all from injuring people like Sabu to Murdering his family and killing himself. What other wrestler has that kind of dedication then him. That puts him on the list. Now maybe he didn't kill his family but he does deserve to be on this list over people like 9. Rey Mysterio and 29. Randy Orton. I mean come on Randy Orton on the list. He hasn't done anything but violate the ring waiting for people to get to their feet since joining WWE.

I'm really hoping this is a sad attempt at humor.

Anyways, with Shawn being at number one I was thinking this may have been based off in ring talent, but with Austin at number 3 I lost all hope.Yes,he did a ton for the buisness, but his in ring talent was average.I could buy HBK at number one due to his retiring this year (naturally causing all to jump on the HBK bandwagon) and that he was able to put on better matches in the WWE in his forties than most will ever be able to, but let's get real; Hogan at number twenty-three and Flair at seventeen. Don't take this list seriously. It's better for you health if you don't.

There's no way this can be an ordered list. It's gotta be just a list of 50 in no particular order otherwise it makes no sense. I immediately thought of some names I'd include - Ox Baker, Greg Valentine, Paul Orndorff etc; and you can't really have an "all time" Top 50 without Gotch and Hackenschmidt. And you gotta have Benoit in there. Then I started to ask who I would leave out for these guys. Still struggling to answer that one....

this may be the most political list I've ever seen... It's a joke and I don't think they got a single number right. It's a way for WWE to re-write history for all of the younger fans and it's pretty sad. I'm just glad Sheamus didn't somehow make it on the list. Though Cena over Hogan.. really? that's just sad. There is no real rhyme or reason to this list other than they are somehow indicative of Vince's shit list combined with an attempt to hide a bias. Thank God for the internet to help keep the contributions of the real stars of the past alive despite wwe's attempt to bury them.

Where the heck is Owen at on the list? I really hope this is just the names instead of the actual order...There is no way that Rey Mysterio should be on the list of the 50 greatest wrestlers of all-time...That's just an insult.

Of course this list is going to be biased. I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the order and it ended up with Cena being in the top spot...unfortunately I'm not kidding.

In my opinion, nobody from this generation should be in the top 50. Orton, Cena, Batista, Rey, HHH, Edge, Kane...None of them compare to the great wrestling and elaborate characters that were on display in the 80s and early 90s.

My number one would have to be either Ric Flair or Hulk Hogan even though I'm leaning more towards Flair because I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for somebody with an even more limited moveset than Cena.

This list is absolute foolishness. I can't believe that WWE would insult the fans' intelligence by putting out this biased waste of time list. I am not even going to bother commenting on the individual wrestlers because the obvious omissions and bias is already obvious to anyone who read it.

Regardless of whatever chris benoit did in his personal life, he was known as the greatest technical wrestler of all time and yet he didn't make the list. It would have been better if wwe made a poll for the fans to decide the ranking and the candidates. This list is just too biased and not thought about properly. I mean come on, kane should be much higher up.

I'll tell you where Chris Benoit is. He's burning in hell for being a murdering scumbag. The WWE has erased all memory of him, and so they should. Yes he was a great wrestler, but I'm afraid for me, what he did tarnished anything he ever did in the ring, forever. And thank god no other wrestler had the kind of dedication he did, otherwise there would be more bodies lying around. He doesn't deserve to be on any list that includes other decent human being's.

Rant over.

About the list. I don't think it's the official list of who the WWE thinks are the greatest superstars in order of their importance. I just think it's the list of how they appear on the DVD. Although that being said, wouldn't be at all surprised to find out it is actually Vince's true thought's. We know that he's partially insane, so anything is possible with him.

I'll tell you where Chris Benoit is. He's burning in hell for being a murdering scumbag. The WWE has erased all memory of him, and so they should. Yes he was a great wrestler, but I'm afraid for me, what he did tarnished anything he ever did in the ring, forever. And thank god no other wrestler had the kind of dedication he did, otherwise there would be more bodies lying around. He doesn't deserve to be on any list that includes other decent human being's.

Rant over.

About the list. I don't think it's the official list of who the WWE thinks are the greatest superstars in order of their importance. I just think it's the list of how they appear on the DVD. Although that being said, wouldn't be at all surprised to find out it is actually Vince's true thought's. We know that he's partially insane, so anything is possible with him.

Benoit went nuts due to all the concussions and steroids. If he was his normal self, there is no way he would have killed his family. He had a disease. My mother-in-law is schizophrenic. Do I blame her for the crazy shit she does? No.

What happened was a complete tragedy but its like you're thinking that Benoit decided one day, "Hey, I feel like murdering my entire family and then killing myself!"

That wasn't the real Chris Benoit that murdered his family and killed himself and he isn't in Hell. Learn about mental diseases before running at the mouth like this about something you know nothing about.

I'm interested in knowing their criteria. If Shawn Michaels is your number one guy, then I'd assume that the list is based upon wrestling, considering he was never the biggest draw in the sport and his time at the very tip top was relatively short in comparison to others that outdrew him to begin with.

However, if that's the list's purpose, then many of the other spots don't make sense.

Iron Sheik over Kurt Angle?

John Cena only a spot behind Mr. Perfect and a notch above Ric Flair?

Perhaps the list is based on a combination of in-ring and entertaining value. However, I'd still say the list is a bit off.

Nonetheless, at least for the most part, the 50 best are on the list. The order will always be subjective.

Regardless of whatever chris benoit did in his personal life, he was known as the greatest technical wrestler of all time and yet he didn't make the list. It would have been better if wwe made a poll for the fans to decide the ranking and the candidates. This list is just too biased and not thought about properly. I mean come on, kane should be much higher up.

You think Kane is one of the 50 greatest wrestlers of all time??? Kane?? Please explain. He's been giving some great promos recently but did you see his match against the Big Show last night? Did that scream one of the best wrestlers ever? Kane should be nowhere near the list along with that midget Rey Mysterio.

Benoit went nuts due to all the concussions and steroids. If he was his normal self, there is no way he would have killed his family. He had a disease. My mother-in-law is schizophrenic. Do I blame her for the crazy shit she does? No.

What happened was a complete tragedy but its like you're thinking that Benoit decided one day, "Hey, I feel like murdering my entire family and then killing myself!"

That wasn't the real Chris Benoit that murdered his family and killed himself and he isn't in Hell. Learn about mental diseases before running at the mouth like this about something you know nothing about.

And whose fault is it that he had all those concussions? Let me see, his. And who's idea was it to take steroids? Let me see....oh his again. If he has been his normal self, no I don't think he would have killed his family, but he wasn't his normal self.

And yes he is rotting in hell, as I type this. There is a special place reserved for people like him down there. You can respect the guy all you want, I don't. So thanks for allowing me my opinion.

Oh and as for mental diseases, I teach special needs kids so I know all about mental diseases. So maybe you should know who your talking too, before you start running your mouth off about someone you know nothing about.

Believe me I have no intention of turning this into a thread about Chris Benoit. But I felt I should respond to the post that was made.

And whose fault is it that he had all those concussions? Let me see, his. And who's idea was it to take steroids? Let me see....oh his again. If he has been his normal self, no I don't think he would have killed his family, but he wasn't his normal self.

And yes he is rotting in hell, as I type this. There is a special place reserved for people like him down there. You can respect the guy all you want, I don't. So thanks for allowing me my opinion.

Oh and as for mental diseases, I teach special needs kids so I know all about mental diseases. So maybe you should know who your talking too, before you start running your mouth off about someone you know nothing about.

Believe me I have no intention of turning this into a thread about Chris Benoit. But I felt I should respond to the post that was made.

So you think one is burning in Hell because he was doing things he had no control over after you agree with me that it wasn't the real Chris Benoit. God help you that you don't get a head injury that changes your personality and makes you do things you never would have done. According to you, that person would be going to Hell.

Btw, we are all sinners and deserve Hell. The only thing that saves us is faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation. Do I feel Benoit had this faith? Yes I do. That is why I know Chris Benoit is not in Hell. That is all I will say about the Benoit tragedy.

I'm still wondering why Owen Hart is not on the list. Is it because Martha will try to sue WWE again for using Owen's image? If so, that's a lame reason not to have him on the list. Owen was the best high-flyer of his generation and could do it all. Awesome high flyer, great technical wrestler, good on the mic and, on a personal note, was a great family man as well.

Wow, this list is pretty ridiculous. How isn't Hogan number 1? He was the most popular superstar EVER! This entire list is bias. If I was making this list, the top ten would be somewhat like this:

Hulk Hogan(definitely 1)
Ric Flair(maybe not 2, but top 5)
The Rock, Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels(the next three, but in any order)
The Undertaker
Bret Hart
John Cena(based on money making and star power, he deserves it)
Eddie Guerrero
Chris Jericho

I wish people would stop saying this is not the Rankings but just a Random List. Whether we like it or not these are the rankings The only thing is in my opinion its not a list of the Greatest Superstars of all-time list but more or the Return of the Vince McMahon Kiss my A$$ Club. The bottom line is that if you are a Vince favorite you got a good spot and if not then you either got a bad spot or were left off entirely.

How could you honestly come to the conclusion that this list is in any specific order? The simple fact that Rey Mysterio is #10 (along with numerous other things) should be enough to let you know it's NOT IN ORDER. This thread consists of 12 pages of stupidity and it really amazes me how only 6 posts have made any sense. Like I said before the names on the list are fine and the order they are in shouldn't concern people.

I dont see why everyone is complaining about certain parts of the list....Yes Hulk Hogan not being number one makes this list completely meaningless, but...other guys like Rey Mysterio and John Cena do deserve to be on this list...no matter how many of you hate John Cena, he is the face of the company,,he obviously has something Jericho, Undertaker and even Triple H dont...they may be better wrestlers and better in other areas, but they dont elicit a response the likes of Cena, Hogan, Rock, Austin....Jericho being in the top 10 is just stupid...yes he has had great matches and been pretty damn entertaining, but he has never been face of the company, and only main evented Wrestlemania twice, once in the actual main event as in last match of the night...Cena has main evented six times....Rey Mysterio may be small, but he certainly has a place in history, I am baffled by how many people dont like Rey still...yes he has been face forever but who cares...not everyone has to be a rebel, thats not realistic..enjoy his in ring work because he is one of the best of all time...I dont know if its his ethnicity or what but he deserves to be at least top 30...just because he isnt the stereotypical 6 foot 2 white guy? anyways, he sells merch like crazy and draws...thats all that matters..I also think Brock deserves to be on the list at least number 50 or something because he made one of the biggest rookie impacts of all time next to Undertaker and Hogan once he left NWA....

This list is just bothersome. Hogan certainly shouldn't be so low, Jeff Hardy shouldn't even be on the fucking list, Flair should but in the top ten, and Rey Mysterio needs to be moved down about 20 spots. Cena should probably be moved up a bit too. Not that I care. Just odd seeing Mysterio above him.

1. Undertaker
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Ric Flair
4. Austin
5. Hulk Hogan

I agree. The only thing I don't agree with you about is Jeff Hardy, he was in the company for so long, it's hard not putting him in the list considering what he's done in all his years there.

Okay I'm going to go there...
Randy Savage above Hulk Hogan, yes Hulk was a more successful superstar and the icon of the sport but here's my beef...
HOGAN IS IN THE HOF AND SAVAGE ISN'T, so why the fuck would you rank the guy higher than Hogan???

This list shouldn't have even been published, it's just disrespectful to a lot of the legends who busted their asses and the rankings appear to be very ass backwards.

HBK is where he belongs at number 1. But Hulk at number 23 is a joke. Sure Hulk and Stone Cold were the two biggest names in wrestling, but all-around wrestler and entertainer? Shawn Michaels. Glad WWE finally got a list somewhat correct.

cant believe anybody who has watched WWE the last 10-15 years can say Shawn Michaels is in the top 10. He is the most overrated WWE performer in company history by a landslide and here is why. He was the top guy for what maybe 2 years?? He was a tag team jobber turned mid card IC champ and then had the Diesel and Sid bodyguard gimmicks and eventually because WWF sucked at the time needed him to be a main eventer so he got the spot. Ok so what he did the Bret Iron Man match and finally got the torch passed to himUMMMM so what??? He retired for 4 years comes back to have a blood feud with HHH and was supposed to leave but ended up staying permanently. He was considered OLD and not a major Title contender and that was back in like 2003. MY god for the last like 8 years he jobbed in all his big matches he got like 1 measly 1 month title run and was used as a veteran to put over younger guys. He didnt carry any company. They gave him HHH and DX to get him some cheers and he jobbed to Hogan at summerslam which was proof hes not worth a dang. He flopped around during that whole match and mocked the buisness. Hes a fake christian who will not stay retired because just wait until he needs a payday. In ring performances?????? Wow all he could do was the superkick and like 2 springboard moves. He is a small guy doesnt even look the part of a heavyweight. I challenge anyone to debate this because I dont care how many of you say hes GOD i will take all of you on. He just Jobbed 2 years straight to Undertaker at WM thats how sad he is. He makes marks like you guys believe losing to a star makes him better. It makes him a lesser draw and lesser name. He lost to a more important WWE perfomer.

I would have to assume this list is in no particular order, however if this is the final order then it is utterly ridiculous. Assuming this is the real order I have two main complaints.

How the fuck is Hogan at #23 and Austin at #3? That right there is what makes this DVD a joke, in either possible order those two should be one and two and there is really no argument that says otherwise. Those two are without a doubt the two most popular guys and the two biggest draws in the history of pro wrestling and are easily the top two superstars of all time. I can somewhat understand Hogan being so low, he is one of the main guys in the rival organisation and they don't want to glorify him as the best guy ever but why is Stone Cold not at #1 if that is the case, it makes absolutely no sense.

How are Shawn and Taker the top two ahead of those two men? Sure both are legendary superstars and both are arguably deserving of top ten spots but calling them the top two of all time is inexcusable and unjustifiable. I mean what have they ever really done for the company aside from some good-great matches? Shawn was the top guy when WWF was at its lowest point ever and Taker was never even been the top guy. How does that justify naming them the top two of all time?

Aside from those two main things though.

How is Curt Hennig ahead of John Cena? It is the same situation as HBK/Taker being ahead of Hogan/Austin, Curt was a great wrestler but John is most likely one of the top five biggest draws of all time.

How is Rey in the top ten? He is likely the cruiserweight of all time but he is nowhere near the top ten, in fact an argument could be made that he doesn't deserve to be on this list at all.

How are Edge and Ric Flair only two places away from each other? I love Edge as much as the next guy (which around here may not be all that much actually) but for these two to be so close is just stupid, Ric should be top 5 while Edge should be top 40 at the highest.

Why the fuck is Jerry Lawler on there? I mean seriously, outside of Memphis what did he ever do for wrestling inside the ring (not as a commentator).

Anyway with all that being said I will probably still be buying the DVD as the overall list actually looks pretty accurate (except for Kane and Jeff Hardy) even if the order is pretty damn fucked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back