4 months in: how HHH is doing as head of creative

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
I wanted to do something like this since HHH took over but wanted to wait a little bit to give him time a to seetle into his new role. But now it's been 4 months which i feel it's a great time to see how he's doing as of now. I will put 3 good point and 3 bad point .

So here we go.

First the bad stuff

1. Bringing way too many new faces: since August, HHH brought in 12 new wrestlers to the roster plus a few rebranding and quite frankly, it's been very underwhelming. Outside of bray Wyatt and Braun strowman, nobody is still over with the crowd. Even the last 2 they brought back, Mia yim and Emma had almost no fans reaction. This as been a real failure on his part I think. Nothing against any of the returning talent but the fact the NXT crowd loved those guys, doesn't mean that they will be over with a wwe which is a very different crowd.

2. Raw is still awful: I get that HHH got stuck with that whole 3 hour raw but at the same time, he had a chance to change how they did programming. Instead, he decided to continue with booking a good 2 hour show and a crappy third hour. Also, all the crappy stories seem to be on raw. From the whole miz/lumis stuff to boring feud that are lasting way too long and are starting to get boring like the whole damage ctrl vs bianca/ Asuka and Alexa. It's a chore to watch this show and it could be a lot more entertaining. Same goes with the PLE's who are really boring and feel longer then they should be.

1. Completely erasing what Vince as done in wwe: again this isn't my way of defending Vince as he did a lot of awful stuff as well but I look at who have paid the biggest price for Vince retiring. It's all the Vince project. The sad thing about this is that pretty much everybody that Vince actually got behind, where more entertaining and over then the new people HHH brought in . Theory was a awesome heel and was way on his way to be a upper mid cat heel, now he's back to the midcard jobber level. Lacey who was one of the more over heel in the company as completely disappeared from WWE. Riddle is back to being comedy relief. Elias is a non entity. Jimmy Smith, who in my opinion did a great job in the play by play role, got fired and replace by the most boring play by play guy in history. Thec24/7 title is pretty much retired

Again I know HHH wants to make wwe his own but vince had some good idea especially on how to push some talent that could connect with his audience and erasing everything just to put his own ideas and guys over was a big mistake.

Good.

1.Michael cole as become a way better play by play guy: now then Vince is gone, Michael Cole as the freedom to actually have fun in calling the action instead of plugging everything WWE has to sell. It also made smackdown a way better show.

2. Storytelling is more focus: the main problem Vince had near the end was telling a story that wasn't over convoluted and that didn't know where it was going. HHH seem to know where everything goes and it help the stories being told. Not all the story are great or make sense, lumis vs miz come to mind, but at less it doesn't feel like they don't know where the whole thing will lead.

1. He seemed to be more opened for other company not name AEW to work with them: you look at the 2 main example right now of nakamura being allowed to do that NOAH show or letting Anderson work a angle with new Japan. This are move that wouldn't have happened under vince and the wrestling world will be better off with this.

Good:
He brought back Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman. Two talents that should never have been released. If it was budget cuts, then blame the guys who negotiatied those deals in the first place.

Dexter Lumis, The Good Bros, Karrion Kross, Candace LaRae and Johnny Gargano. Again, I like these signings.

Solo Sikoa getting called up. About time.

Mixed:
Freshening up of the roster. Some good signings, like above. Some eyebrow raising signings. The Hit Row, Emma, Mia Yim. I'm not fussed on these talent signings. I feel as if HHH is trying to show that it was wrong to release some talents that he's worked with and he wanted to push.

Commentary teams. Pat McAfee is to comeback and I agree that Michael Cole has almost gained a new lease of life and Smackdown has been good for a while now with it's commentary team. Whereas on RAW, it keeps feeling as if it's pushed, then panic sets in and they rejig the teams. I don't have an answer as to who I would have, but it does affect the brand.

Bad:
Austin Theory. Who in the right mind would cash in their MITB briefcase for the US Title. No matter how hard the try, it isn't going to take the place of the top title. They've buried Theory since VKM went and it's hard to see how he regains some traction.

Gargano. He's already looking like a talent enhancement, not the return I thought. Same for Elias.

Women's Division:
Just seems like it's all gotten a bit stale.

Undisputed Titles:
I have no problem with one tag-team division, I don't think there has ever been enough teams to warrant two tag-titles. I hate when teams get thrown together.

As for Reigns, I get they want him to go down in history, that doesn't mean they can't take one of the belts off him without him looking weak. Theory was the perfect opportunity to do it just like Seth Rollins did when he cashed in the MITB at WrestleMania.

I think Roman Reigns will defend the Universal Title on Night 1 of Wrestlemania 39, against The Rock, and will retain, maintaining his 2 year, 8 month reign by that time. I see him dropping the WWE Title on Night 2, to either Rhodes or Rollins. It pius a title back on Raw, Reigns has an out as having to fight and defend the belt 24 hours after a war with The Rock..makes too much sense.

I see Triple H rehashing NXT feuds on the main roster. Gargano has looked odd in his feud with The Miz, I think Ciampa being injured may have derailed plans. Same as Sami Zayn catching on like he has, putting Owens back in the background. I see Johnny Gargano vs Thomasso Ciampa and Kevin Ownes vs Sami Zayn at Mania 39 also.

I just wish AJ Styles was being used better, not as a mid card jobber. After he puts Finn Balor over at Survivor Series, he needs to be pushed hard again.

Good:
He brought back Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman. Two talents that should never have been released. If it was budget cuts, then blame the guys who negotiatied those deals in the first place.

Dexter Lumis, The Good Bros, Karrion Kross, Candace LaRae and Johnny Gargano. Again, I like these signings.

Solo Sikoa getting called up. About time.

Mixed:
Freshening up of the roster. Some good signings, like above. Some eyebrow raising signings. The Hit Row, Emma, Mia Yim. I'm not fussed on these talent signings. I feel as if HHH is trying to show that it was wrong to release some talents that he's worked with and he wanted to push.

Commentary teams. Pat McAfee is to comeback and I agree that Michael Cole has almost gained a new lease of life and Smackdown has been good for a while now with it's commentary team. Whereas on RAW, it keeps feeling as if it's pushed, then panic sets in and they rejig the teams. I don't have an answer as to who I would have, but it does affect the brand.

Bad:
Austin Theory. Who in the right mind would cash in their MITB briefcase for the US Title. No matter how hard the try, it isn't going to take the place of the top title. They've buried Theory since VKM went and it's hard to see how he regains some traction.

Gargano. He's already looking like a talent enhancement, not the return I thought. Same for Elias.

Women's Division:
Just seems like it's all gotten a bit stale.

Undisputed Titles:
I have no problem with one tag-team division, I don't think there has ever been enough teams to warrant two tag-titles. I hate when teams get thrown together.

As for Reigns, I get they want him to go down in history, that doesn't mean they can't take one of the belts off him without him looking weak. Theory was the perfect opportunity to do it just like Seth Rollins did when he cashed in the MITB at WrestleMania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back