All Future Wrestlemania Discussion (Matches, Gimmicks, Angles.... KEEP IT IN HERE!)

Who will Lesnar face at Mania

• Rock

• HHH

• CM Punk

• Orton

• Undertaker

• Cena

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since the Money in the Bank Pay per View was created back in 2010, this is the first time we have ever seen the winner not cash in the briefcase before the Royal Rumble (as of right now.)

This got me thinking. If Ziggler wins tonight and keeps the briefcase, isn't it possible for him to become both the WWE and World Heavyweight Champion? He could win the rumble, while still holding the MITB briefcase. Ziggler wins the rumble this year and tells everyone he is going to raw to fight for the wwe title at Wrestlemania. Now, I know there's no plans for this, but it's just hypothetical. So Ziggler wins the WWE title at WrestleMania and then he cashes in on the WHC at Wrestlemania as well. Personally, I think this would be a cool idea, but at the same time it could be a little confusing down the road.

Do you think that this idea could work?

Will it ever happen?

NOTE: This is not a thread about making an undisputed championship

Like you said, it is entirely possible for them to do something like that, but the likelyhood that they would isn't there in my opinion. Why would they give a man who already holds a chance to get a title shot a 2nd at the same time? Would kinda ruin what makes the Rumble so good, and kills any purpose of the MITB Contract

Ziggler is nowhere near being enough of a big deal to be worthy of such an accomplishment. I wouldn't pay for a 'Mania with Ziggler in the main event, personally, as the guy just does nothing for me.

WM needs to draw money, and Ziggler would most certainly not draw money.

Sigh, another Ziggler worship thread. Seriously what is SO great about him? Yeah, he can sensationally spin around when he gets hit, so what? I honestly don't get the huge appeal people on here have for him, yeah he wrestles great and does have some charisma, but no more then some of the guys there...

Anyway... Yes it is possible for this to happen, should it happen? Hell no! If anyone is gonna unify the world championships it should not be Ziggler. Again, I think he's great, he'll make a good world champion, personally I think he should go into WM as WHC after cashing in, feuding with Randy Orton, it'll be a great match and I don't want it to open the night, it needs to be at least 3rd to last.

But first thing is first... GET RID OF VICKIE!!! Maybe when he cashes in and wins it, he can turn around, tell Vickie he doesn't need her any more, then leave here there screaming. Also, he could do with some new music, I feel like his current theme is a little worn through.

So should Ziggler unify the belts, no! Will he be a good WHC? Sure!

Well let me preface by saying I'm a very big Ziggler fan & have been since his debut as the Ziggler character & feuded with Khali & Rey. (He almost made Khali entertaining! One of his biggest accomplishments EVER in my mind.)

But I don't see your logic here at all! Not to mention I don't see ANYONE, not even Rocky or Cena, holding onto both world titles at the same time.

First off I think there are a handful of eligable contenders above Ziggler to win the rumble. Daniel Bryan, Ryback, Wade Barrett, a face Miz, etc. Especially since Ziggler has the briefcase too. Also isn't it obvious VKM is hesitant to even put the World Heavyweight title on him? What makes anyone think he will hold the WWE title anytime soon? I think he will DEFINATELY have a, somewhat of a test, WHC title run before ever winning the WWE title (if he ever does at all). & Lastly with all the different scenarios for the WHC at Mania & tonight at TLC, while I would like to see Ziggler hold onto the briefcase until Mania or MitB13, I think if not tonight, he will cash in before the Rumble. It just seems to much of a cluster for him to hold onto the case.

So while ANYTHING can happen in WWE & I don't see anything like this happening.

I agree and disagree, but I think you have a good idea.

As far as agreeing goes, I think Ziggler is a guy who has all the tools to be a major player. If the WWE was to go all in and really push Dolph and his show-off gimmick by having him win MitB and the RR, I believe he would be able to not only be successful but to become a huge star. For those of you who don't see the appeal of DZ, just wait and I'm sure he will get aroudn to changing your mind. Personally, I think he is one of the best around.

Now, as for why I disagree. In the current landscape of the WWE Title, there is no place for Dolph Ziggler, in the eyes of a casual fan (and probably WWE management). Even if he were to win the Royal Rumble while holding the briefcase, he just doesn't have the legacy of the Rock or Cena, and he obviously doesn't have the current accolades of CM Punk. He would look like a bench player next to allstars, maybe.

TL;DR Personally, I think he can hang with the top dogs and believe he will do so for the foreseeable future. But right now, I don't think the WWE brass trust him enough to pull the trigger.

I think having Dolph as a dual champ is a great idea . Here's the scenario . Have Dolph hold on to the mib case until wrestlemania . Have him win the royal rumble only to challenge the For the wwe title at wrestlemania . Now at the big ppv the winner of the world title match is in the ring celebrating win dolphs music hit and BAM !!! Cashes in the mib case and wins . Now we the world champ vs the wwe champ at WM .

Dolph Ziggler should not be main eventing IMO, he's a former male Cheerleader FFS! Still, I suppose he was the only member of the Spirit Squad to still remain in WWE after the SS disbanded.

As for his MITB contract, I'll get flamed and probably infracted by the Mods for spamming here, but I want Cena to win tonight and cash in on The Rock next year, possibly at Wrestlemania.

Sure they could. They wouldn't draw dollar one but I'm sure it could happen if Vince McMahon had been trippin' balls the night before and told the writing staff "I wanna do to my show's ratings what a torpedo does to the hull of a ship."

Just about anything's possible. If WWE wanted to do this, there's nothing in the world to stop them. The odds are overwhelmingly stacked against this happening, but that's not to say that it couldn't.

If WWE were to ever decide to do this, I think it would be a prelude to a unification of the titles. I think it's entirely possible that the titles will be unified once Triple H takes over from Vince. But, I don't think it'll be Dolph Ziggler that unifies the titles. That's something that I generally see WWE doing with someone they pick to be the next "face" of the company.

That's not to say that it couldn't be Dolph Ziggler put in such a spot, but I just don't see it happening. I think Ziggler will be a major star in WWE for the long term but I don't see him getting a spot, especially in the next 6 months or so, in which he wins both the World Heavyweight & WWE Championships.

@Rich It would be remiss of me not to point out that Steve Austin was "Stunning" before he became 'Stone Cold.' The Undertaker was "Mean" and "Callous" before transforming into the Phenom. Triple H was Terra Ryzin etc etc. If someone is given the right push, they can draw (if they have talent, which IMO Dolph does). But this isn't a debate on whether Dolph's character is right or not.

As for Dolph becoming a dual champion; it is possible. Not many people gave Jericho a chance at Vengeance in 2001. But he defeated The Rock and Stone Cold in the same night to become a dual champion.

I wouldn't put money on Dolph becoming a dual champion however. His erratic booking since July would suggest that management aren't fully behind him. If management aren't behind you, then the likelihood of achieving anything meaningful is nominal (see Zack Ryder).

Would I like to see it? Yes.

Will I see it? Doubtful. Highly Doubtful.

While it would be a huge accomplishment for a guy like Ziggler, I don't see it happening. Theoretically, it could happen and would be a great check on Ziggler's resume, possibly legitimizing him as a top contender, but I don't see it happening.

I just pray to God they don't give Cena the briefcase. Cena does not need it and doesn't need to be in the title picture right now to draw.

*sigh* another one of these threads huh, where we have to have an undisputed champion. as for the idea, it's possible to happen if they (WWE) wants to do it, but it's not likely possible. my question isnt on the royal rumble and Ziggler, but more on when will he cash in and will he win it?? will Ziggler be the first to wait until the main event of WM then cash it in on the World Champion???

Will, this happen? No. Could it? Sure, why not? I cant see this happening, although im a Ziggler fan. He's a future champ, but hes not the face of the WWE, and a role like this has to be saved for someone else.

The following matches are pretty much guaranteed in my mind for Wrestlemania this year.

The Rock vs John Cena for the WWE Championship: Everything is set up now for Rock to beat Punk for the belt at the Rumble and then Cena to win the Rumble and go on to Wrestlemania to defeat the Rock and win the rematch and get the title off Rock since he can't be on tv every week. Also Cena hasn't held the title since October of last year.

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar in some type of gimmick match: Because Lesnar needs to be on Wrestlemania and he and Triple H have unfinished business.

CM Punk vs The Undertaker: Taker is beat to hell, Punk is one of three or four guys in the company right now that can still give us that Wrestlemania quality match out of the Undertaker we desire. Also he will need a big match for Wrestlemania since he won't be in a title match.

my predictions for matchups at wrestlemania 29:

-The Rock vs John Cena II --- wwe title match (yawn..., wish match would never happen again, but if had to, would rather see Rock / Punk / Cena triple threat...)

-CM Punk vs The Undertaker -- undefeated streak vs ??? ( i want this match to be for the title, but we'll see. there will be some interesting stipulation added...)

-Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton -- world heavyweight title (Zigger will enter mania as the champ, Sheamus is your royal rumble winner)

-Brock Lesnar vs Triple H -- grudge match -- some stipulation added ( another yawn...Lesnar better go over here....would rather see Lesnar / Taker or Lesnar / Rock...)

-Big Show vs Ryback -- grudge match (this is where Ryback will show dominance and gain a 'wrestlemania moment' lifting up Big Show and using the Shell Shock Finisher on him, marching around the ring...., hopefully he doesn't bomb like he did with Tensai...)

-Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara -- some kind of mask stipulation (wwe attempts to break 'mask in stadium' record during the match)

-Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars vs Prime Time Players vs The Shield --- Fatal Four Way Extreme Rules Tag Team Title Match

-Wade Barrett defends the Intercontinental title vs ???

-Antonio Cesaro is still US champ and defends the US title vs ???

i think this is pretty accurate. what you guys think??

far from it, the Wrestlemania card is so up in the air at present, WWE dont know what they are doing yet with The Rock and who he will face at Wrestlemania.

Triple H vs Brock Lesnar will happen, and HHH will get the victory.

Im not so sure of Rock vs Cena 2, only if Cena ends the show with the dramatic heel turn everybody is waiting for, but while Punk is heel, I do not see this happening. Rock vs Cena 2 is way too predictable.

Punk vs Taker again is too predictable outcome wise, the only reason this match would make sense is if Punk beats The Rock at Royal Rumbole, then he comes out the following night as champion and brags about beating everybody. The bells ring and Taker comes out. Now Taker will not have another run with the belt,l so Punk could still drop the title at Elimination Chamber to Cena if he goes over Rock.

Mysterio vs Cara and Ryback vs Big Show has been spoken about online for weeks, months even. This is no prediciton, this is copying already well known ideas. Both matches make sense.

What to do wioth Orton and Sheamus??? The rumour is they will compete for the WHC, with Orton the heel.

Daniel Bryan deserves a decent Mania match after the bullshit he has endured over the past two years at Mania. I see Daniel Bryan vs Dolph Ziggler with AJ returning to her original man. Id love for this to be for the WHC.

My card is as folows:

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
CM PUNK VS THE ROCK VS JOHN CENA

WH CHAMPIONSHIP
DOLPH ZIGGLER VS DANIEL BRYAN

GRUDGE MATCH
TRIPLE H VS BROCK LESNAR

UNDERTAKER VS WADE BARRETT
RANDY ORTON VS SHEAMUS
RYBACK VS BIG SHOW
SIN CARA VS REY MYSTERIO

US TITLE
ANTONIO CESARO VS JACK SWAGGER

THE MIZ, ALBERTO DEL RIOS AND KOFI KINGSTON VS THE SHIELD

Royal Rumble I think CM Punk should beat The Rock, but drop the belt at Elimination Chamber, and then lose the re-match.

Cena should win the Royal Rumble and face The Rock at Mania (if I was in charge I would have Cena challenge the World Champion at Elimination chamber and then unify the gold with The Rock, but that won't happen), so just have Cena v Rock for the WWE title, with Cena winning.

Since the Money in the Bank Pay per View was created back in 2010, this is the first time we have ever seen the winner not cash in the briefcase before the Royal Rumble (as of right now.)

This got me thinking. If Ziggler wins tonight and keeps the briefcase, isn't it possible for him to become both the WWE and World Heavyweight Champion? He could win the rumble, while still holding the MITB briefcase. Ziggler wins the rumble this year and tells everyone he is going to raw to fight for the wwe title at Wrestlemania. Now, I know there's no plans for this, but it's just hypothetical. So Ziggler wins the WWE title at WrestleMania and then he cashes in on the WHC at Wrestlemania as well. Personally, I think this would be a cool idea, but at the same time it could be a little confusing down the road.

Do you think that this idea could work?

Will it ever happen?

NOTE: This is not a thread about making an undisputed championship

I really hope you're trolling. That would make this so much better.

This will never happen. I hate to shatter dreams, but I can't rock you to sleep and tell you everything's going to be okay like Jack-Hammer did. It won't be okay. This won't happen, and it shouldn't.

If WWE cared that much for Dolph, he would already be carrying a strap. They don't, nor should they. He's not very good. Sure, he's athletic and does things to make the IWC (predictably) cream their collective shorts. But, he has no real depth, he's not all that over (Vickie draws more heat than Dolph) and he can't talk. Oh, and he looks like an idiot. His name stinks, too.

Sorry, I have a tendency to lose it when someone overstates Dolph's skills, or predicts he's the next big thing. He isn't.

I think it's possible he'll be involved in the WHC match, but no way does he sniff anything involving Cena or Rocky. He's not that important, and never will be.

my predictions for matchups at wrestlemania 29:

-The Rock vs John Cena II --- wwe title match (yawn..., wish match would never happen again, but if had to, would rather see Rock / Punk / Cena triple threat...)

-CM Punk vs The Undertaker -- undefeated streak vs ??? ( i want this match to be for the title, but we'll see. there will be some interesting stipulation added...)

-Dolph Ziggler vs Sheamus vs Randy Orton -- world heavyweight title (Zigger will enter mania as the champ, Sheamus is your royal rumble winner)

-Brock Lesnar vs Triple H -- grudge match -- some stipulation added ( another yawn...Lesnar better go over here....would rather see Lesnar / Taker or Lesnar / Rock...)

-Big Show vs Ryback -- grudge match (this is where Ryback will show dominance and gain a 'wrestlemania moment' lifting up Big Show and using the Shell Shock Finisher on him, marching around the ring...., hopefully he doesn't bomb like he did with Tensai...)

-Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara -- some kind of mask stipulation (wwe attempts to break 'mask in stadium' record during the match)

-Team Hell No vs Rhodes Scholars vs Prime Time Players vs The Shield --- Fatal Four Way Extreme Rules Tag Team Title Match

-Wade Barrett defends the Intercontinental title vs ???

-Antonio Cesaro is still US champ and defends the US title vs ???

i think this is pretty accurate. what you guys think??

I could see this card going down or Mania XXIX. But if it goes down this way I would think Punk would have to be champ going into the Taker match as the selling point would be each guys streak heading into the match. Therefore, I could see Cena screwing Rock at the Rumble to set up the rematch. Besides that, throw in some type of Diva match and you have your card. With or without the HHH/Lesnar match.

Could WWE tie up Cena/Dolph long enough to get a mania match out of them? I ask because this could keep the belt on Show long enough for Tyback to win the Rumble and keep his push alive by having him challenge for the WHC. Ryback vs Show is a great match for the Mania moment it provides Ryback.

Could also lead to a story where Dolph is running out of time to cash in - leading up to MITB 13 - and he can't get a good shot at Ryback because it's Ryback haha.

I hope Ziggler keeps Mitb past Mania as it builds more intrigue the longer he has it.

The more I think about it Punk cant be Undertaker's WM opponent. Its got to be somebody else. Punk is likely going to lose 2 high profile ppv singles matches right before WM. He is going to end up losing the WWE title at RR and then probably lose the rematch against Rock at The Elimination Chamber. He is suppose to be a legit threat to end the streak? Thats not exactly how you build up an opponent for the Undertaker. They would be better off using Lesnar, Orton or even someone like Ryback.

Punk facing Undertaker would make sense if he beats The Rock at The Royal Rumble and is still champ.

Punk saving his rematch with Rock for WM and Cena winning the rumble which sets up a triple threat match would be a better imo.

Rock vs Cena vs CM Punk - WWE Title Match
Randy Orton vs Sheamus - World Title Match
Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker

That would mean Triple H isn't in a high profile WM match. So I'm not sure that happens. Their are also rumors that Jericho is trying to work out a deal and work this year WM. I wonder if they will continue the Ziggler/Jericho feud if that happens.

The more I think about it Punk cant be Undertaker's WM opponent. Its got to be somebody else. Punk is likely going to lose 2 high profile ppv singles matches right before WM. He is going to end up losing the WWE title at RR and then probably lose the rematch against Rock at The Elimination Chamber. He is suppose to be a legit threat to end the streak? Thats not exactly how you build up an opponent for the Undertaker. .

I actually think even if Punk drops the belt at the Rumble, his 400+ day reign will solidify him as one of the top stars in the company, and, given is arrogant heel persona, he can declare himself the challenger to the streak as he has already proved he can be champ. This could turn into a great build if they don't waste any time and act like Punk chasing the title as a heel is a good idea against the Rock.

My only question is...Will JBL enter the Royal Rumble :lmao:

Really though...I'm thinking even if Punk drops the title at the Rumble his huge win streak (by current WWE standards) will be more than enough to carry him into the match with Taker...It will likely be promoted as the "Best in the World" vs. "The Streak"...

I'm thinking the card will look like this...
Taker vs. Punk
HHH vs. Brock - (Rematch)
Rock vs. Cena - II - Championship
Big Show vs. Ryback - Maybe with Mark Henry thrown in there for good measure
Sheamus vs. Orton - Championship

Now I'm betting Ziggles holds his MITB contract all the way until Mania so the only other match I'd throw on the card would

Team Rhodes Scholars + Ziggles + AJ vs. Team Hell No + The Miz + a female celeb...This will also add the ever present celebrity themed match to the card...

I'm also thinking we see a cash in by Ziggler somewhere during the night...

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - CM Punk vs. The Rock vs. John Cena
The perfect main event. Undertaker vs. CM Punk should not happen for two reasons:
1) If it's not for the title (which would imply Punk loses to Rock at Royal Rumble), then it would most likely not be the main event. And it would be an absolute slap in the face to Punk who has carried the company on his back if he is not in the last match on the card.
2) If it IS for the title (Punk beats Rock at Royal Rumble), then obviously Punk would job to Taker at WrestleMania. Why would Taker need to be the champion as a one-time-a-year performer? Makes no sense. Don't believe the rumors. And if they are true, shame on you Vince for putting Rock in the main event over this, because I know damn well this wouldn't be the last match on the card if Rock vs. Cena happens again.
Anywayyyy, I really hope Punk beats Rock at Royal Rumble. I'm not against Rock becoming champion even as a part-time performer (it would only last till WrestleMania anyway), but I feel Punk going into WrestleMania STILL the champion makes the main event that much more attractive. These three would deliver in promos so goddamn well. We also haven't had a triple threat main event since WrestleMania 20 so I feel they might consider it. I've been vouching for this match to happen and I really hope it does, but I have two problems, mainly the first one:
1) How does it get arranged? Considering Rock loses to Punk at Royal Rumble, does he enter the Royal Rumble match later that night and win it to secure another shot? Or does Cena win it? Then there's elimination chamber?
2) Who WINS the match? I'm sure everyone can agree WrestleMania is the perfect time to end Punk's reign so him winning would be a shocker. Rock wouldn't win because he's likely gone after WrestleMania for several more months. So that leaves...(yeah, see my point. I don't have a problem with it but I'm sure the IWC would start crying like...)

THE STREAK - Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
The one and only. This would be so epic. And I hope it happens. I'm one of those who are also confused as to how WWE is going to avoid a Brock/HHH rematch because it seems so inevitable. So hear me out on my solution: Punk beats Rock at Royal Rumble with help from the Shield and/or Brock Lesnar (Heyman's other "guy"). The next night, it is finally revealed that the Shield has been in cahoots with Punk & Heyman (and Lesnar). Being the COO, Triple H obviously gets involved in this especially due to his history with Brock and others of this new stable (Punk, Heyman, Lesnar, Shield, possibly Maddox). Then I propose this scenario:
Triple H and Brock have their rematch at Elimination Chamber with the stipulation that Triple H cannot make a third rematch regardless of the outcome...and it goes to a no contest. The next night, Brock & Heyman are taunting Triple H when he comes out and gives props to Brock for their match, etc, etc. Then he reveals some clause in the contract to their previous match that Brock "did not read." It stated that the contract was not only for one night, but for WrestleMania as well. Triple H reveals he had a backup plan just in case Brock tried pulling something and getting away from a second rematch. Triple H had someone who would take care of Brock if he couldn't anymore. Then the gong hits. Enough said.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler (c)
If Randy Orton is not in the World Title match, what a disgrace. This man's return to the main event picture has long been overdue. Dolph is not only on fire, but DESERVES this match. This can also steal the show if given a good amount of time. I'd wait on Orton's rumored heel turn if this match were to happen.

JERSEY STREET FIGHT - DX vs. The Shield
No, Shawn Michaels isn't involved. I'm talking Triple H, X-Pac, and the New Age Outlaws vs. The Shield and Brad Maddox (who I feel will become a part of it eventually). Just like the Chicago street fight from WrestleMania 13, this can labeled as a Jersey street fight. You read my idea of what should happen with the unfinished HHH-Brock feud, so hear me out on this one. Triple H steps aside from Lesnar's new feud to let Taker handle business, but the Shield (also in alliance with Heyman, Punk, and Brock) are still a thorn in the side to Triple H as they continue to assault him for manipulating Brock into wrestling Undertaker. He challenges them to a match at WrestleMania. They jokingly ask if he's asking for a 4-on-1 handicap match, but he says of course not. The music hits annddd out comes the army tank.

TAG TEAM MATCH - Mayweather & Sheamus vs. Big Show & Alberto Del Rio
Has anyone forgotten Mayweather publicly stating he's coming back to WWE for WrestleMania 29? If this is actually true and he's coming back to perform, then I'm sure Big Show will be involved in his storyline once again. I can't see the rematch happening so what about they give it a twist and Mayweather & Big Show agree to find tag team partners. This match would obviously gain a lot of mainstream attention so who better for mainstream exposure than two fairly new main eventers like Sheamus & Del Rio? (Damn, now that I think about it...if we thought Mayweather gained mainstream attention 5 years ago, imagine now with Rock and Brock Lesnar also on the card)

TLC MATCH FOR THE TAG TEAM TITLES - Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars vs. Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara
For several months, I've been hoping Daniel Bryan is involved in the World Title match. But Dolph's rise, Sheamus' success, and Orton's rumored push make that very unlikely. Then this idea recently struck me. WWE did a great job at rejuvenating the tag team division a few months ago (although it has died down a bit), and I know the TLC PPV just passed but I wouldn't be able to pass this up and I'm sure Vince would be intrigued if tossed this idea. We all know the last true tag teams to make the title match mean something and this was how they did it...TLC. I know this also interferes with the rumored Rey Mysterio vs. Sin Cara match, but if Vince insists on it, then just plug in Kofi & Truth. They're the only other tag team with name value/draw. This is a perfect way to help this new crop of tag teams establish their time, and what a great opener it would be.

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
It's been time for Wade Barrett to win back his Intercontinental Championship. Wade is a future main event player, but his injury really set him back or he might very well have secured his spot as a permanent main eventer by now. It hurts to leave Kofi out of my card, but as I mentioned previously, him & Truth could also fit perfectly in my TLC match if they were to reform their tag team. I'm not a Miz fan but he needs to be in the card and he fits it perfectly here considering his recent face turn.

GRUDGE MATCH - Ryback vs. Big E Langston
We can see this one coming from a mile away. It really pains me to see Ryback excluded from any of the main attractions on the card but Taker & Rock's involvement really put a halt on him for this year. His time will come eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back