Battle Zone Tournament General Discussion Thread

Well, that's it folks, the tournament is over! Both Doc and I have posted a final thread for the winners that recaps their path through the tournament and announces the prediction contest winners. Thanks for your participation and helping to make this thing a huge success!

Celebratory fist pump!

duel4.jpg

Vader deserved the win. I wanted to post in the finals that all of the arguments against him didn't make sense, but oh well.

No, thank you all for participating. It couldn't have been done without interest. This was a runaway success, more than I could have imagined. It's a nice feeling, and hopefully we'll be able to do it again next year, but bigger and better!

Awesome tourny, I still feel Vader should've lost to Hulk & Ghost Rider, but eh... that's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess, & I can live with that. I was happy to see people didn't vote Batman into the finals, & was impressed with how far Kirby, Mario, & Samus all got. I can honestly say when I looked at the brackets at the beginning of the tourny I never thought Link would take it all on the Humans side.

One suggestion for next year, have all new entrants, no repeats. I just think it would keep the tourny fresh every year, & there are certainly enough great characters out there to have no repeats for years to come.

One suggestion for next year, have all new entrants, no repeats. I just think it would keep the tourny fresh every year, & there are certainly enough great characters out there to have no repeats for years to come.

We'll be having mostly new people if we do it next year, keeping only five or six of the most well-known guys from this year, plus the winners. I mean, some of the guys will potentially be replacements (An X-Man for an X-Man, Sin City character for a Sin City character) but we'll try to keep up the diversity and excitement that characterized this year's tourney.

I think Doc and I agreed there would be 6-8 repeats per division. For the Supers it would probably be Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America, Darth Vader, Bowser, and maybe Martian Man Hunter.

For humans I'll decide closer to next year's tourney time, but I can say that Mario, Link, Batman, and Iron Man are locks. The rest are up in the air.

Well maybe Dick gets to be awesome in the New 52 without being affiliated with Bruce. Not that I have any idea what's being done in DC's new universe.

Барбоса;3428260 said:
Replace that fraud Goku with a real DBZ fighter

MrSatanHCellGS.png

He was supposed to be in the humans bracket this go around but we replaced him with someone, can't remember who exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back