Battle Zone Undisputed Championship Match Link vs Darth Vader

Who Wins?

• Link

• Darth Vader

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Link_sig_by_windlordofsuldor.png
In a battle to see who is the undisputed Battle Zone Tournament Winner we have in one corner Link. A fierce warrior who has defeated may dangerous opponents. Having bested the likes of Samus, Batman, and Nick Fury, this Hero of Time has been on an absolute tear. Link ultimately won the Human Side of the Bracket and now in this undisputed championsip match he has one forceful foe in Darth Vader. Will his use of magical items be enough to win this?

VS

images.jpg
The Powerful Darth Vader has cruised through this tournament battling foes that tasked him mentally, physically, and in the last round supernaturally. He eliminated several Marvel heroes in this tournament defeating the likes of Professor X, The Hulk, and in the final match-up the deathly Ghost Rider. In a battle to determine the best he goes against a mere boy, but in this case will the force be enough to win the battle?

Personally I voted for Link in this battle as firstly I think he has a few tricks up his sleeve in order to beat Vader. The key to defeating Vader for Link would be to get close to him so you could get a bomb sent directly at Vader. I think the force could be Vader's downfall in that if he plays around too much Link could use something like the Hook Shot in order to get rid of Vader's armor hence rendering him incapacitated. One could argue that Link's downfall is that he cannot block the lightsabre and to that I say your right however Link is far faster and could figure out a way to take the victory.

This is one of the few occasions throughout the BZT where it will be Vader's Force powers that make the difference rather than his lightsabre. With his use of magic, Link could easily have some enchanted weapons not forgetting the Master Sword itself, that could resist or deflect the lightsabre. However, I think the Hero of Time has nothing that can defend him from the likes of Force Push, Force Choke or telekinesis. Unlike the Hulk or Wolverine, being dropped from a great height has been shown to hurt and even kill Link.

Perhaps Link's only hope lies in the Fierce Deity Mask but again Vader's telekinesis could prevent him from putting it on (could it rip the mask off? Not sure).

I don't believe Vader would be able to rip off the Fierce Deity's Mask, because when Link puts a transformation mask on it melds with his body, and, well, transforms him. The possibility is there, but considering Link's faced worse while wearing it and it's never been ripped off I wouldn't bet on it.

Now, counters to the Force...Link might not have any, but what he does have is quickness. I see Vader as a lot like another's universe's Ganondorf - Very powerful magic (Force) with a big sword, ruthlessness, and the powers of the Dark Side. And just like Ganondorf, I imagine Link's Light Arrows would be able to harm Vader grievously, at the very least stunning him and allowing Link to rush in and strike with one of his sword strikes or beams.

Link's made a career out of defeating powerful dark beings, and Vader would just be another notch in Link's belt.

Now, Vader potentially could win. As has been rightly said his Force is strong and the Lightsaber probably would be fairly helpful, even if the Master Sword or Great Fairy's Sword could parry its blows. If Vader hits a lucky shot with the lightsaber or as Barbosa said drops Link from a great height, the fight is over. However, I don't think it'll get that far thanks to Link's light arrows.

vader_vs_link.jpg

This could go either way, but I have to stick with Darth Vader in this matchup. The Force is just too strong, unless Link uses the Tri-Force.

I voted for Link. He has several items in his bag of holding that could effectively be used to get a victory against Vader here.

The Magic Cape will be extremely useful. It turns Link invisible for a bit. Then there is the Pegasus Boots which allow him to quickly get far enough away that he is out of the range of Vader's Lightsaber. Nayru's Love can be activated to nullify any attack for a few moments. This would be long enough for a barrage of Arrows of Light to be shot at Vader. The Hookshot could steal Vader's Lightsaber. Even if Vader did unleash powers from the Dark side of the Force.... Link has four fairies in a bottle. He would have to be killed 5 times and each time he comes back to life he'd try out a new strategy.

If it comes down to it.... Link could deflect any type of projectile using a bottle or a bug catching net. This odd strategy worked on both Aganhim and Gannon, both of whom used powers similar to Force Lightning and other skills Vader would be capable of.

Link is always equipped for any situation and I can see him barely escaping alive with a victory here. Darth Vader would give him the fight of his life, but I am backing Link due to his arsenal of items and strategies for getting out of just about any battle situation.

This is a pretty tough match. I think Link would be able to easily defeat Vader, if he could actually manage to hit him with anything. The problem is, Vader can do an extremely good job of making sure nothing is near him at all times.

I couldn't decide, so I really did vote based on which franchise I'm more of a fan of, and that's Zelda, so my vote goes to Link.

Dammit, Dagger, I'm glad I didn't read your post before I voted, because I would have gone with Vader after reading this travesty of an argument.

The Magic Cape will be extremely useful. It turns Link invisible for a bit.

Vader could easily sense things that aren't visible to the eye. This has never been a problem for him before, when he's been able to sense things through walls, or over large distances.

Then there is the Pegasus Boots which allow him to quickly get far enough away that he is out of the range of Vader's Lightsaber.

Do you really think the light saber is Vader's primary, or even his most powerful weapon?

Nayru's Love can be activated to nullify any attack for a few moments. This would be long enough for a barrage of Arrows of Light to be shot at Vader.

Try "a few seconds." And Vader could stop those light arrows in mid-air with the flick of his hand.

The Hookshot could steal Vader's Lightsaber.

And Vader could "Force" his light saber back, and steal everything Link carries in his hands.

Even if Vader did unleash powers from the Dark side of the Force.... Link has four fairies in a bottle. He would have to be killed 5 times and each time he comes back to life he'd try out a new strategy.

And what strategy would he come up with, hot shot?

If it comes down to it.... Link could deflect any type of projectile using a bottle or a bug catching net. This odd strategy worked on both Aganhim and Gannon, both of whom used powers similar to Force Lightning and other skills Vader would be capable of.

Right, because a bottle is going to stop a barrage of lightning, or the buildings Vader will force throw at Link. What projectiles are you even thinking of?

Link is always equipped for any situation and I can see him barely escaping alive with a victory here. Darth Vader would give him the fight of his life, but I am backing Link due to his arsenal of items and strategies for getting out of just about any battle situation.

Link could escape alive, but I don't think he'd come out with a victory, in retrospect.

A lesson, ladies and gentlemen, on thinking before you vote.

Dammit, Dagger, I'm glad I didn't read your post before I voted, because I would have gone with Vader after reading this travesty of an argument.

Really, Bolf? REALLY!? This type of crap is why I really hate some of the tournaments and "who would win in a fight?" threads on here. It's an imaginary battle against two fictional characters that people who will likely NEVER meet are arguing to the death about over the internet. It's just a post, don't take it so seriously.

Vader could easily sense things that aren't visible to the eye. This has never been a problem for him before, when he's been able to sense things through walls, or over large distances.

The Magic Cape is only one defensive option. There's also the Staff of Byrna which lasts until Link runs out of magic, which is a rather long time.

And Vader could stop those light arrows in mid-air with the flick of his hand.

Nice try. The Arrows of Light are powered by Holy Forces. Nothing can stop them. Vader might take less damage than just about any Hyrulian monster would, but they still hit him.

And Vader could "Force" his light saber back, and steal everything Link carries in his hands.

Well then they would find themselves in an amusing loop between Vader "forcing" something and Link Hookshotting something, back and forth, until one or both realizes how pointless it would be to keep going that route.

Right, because a bottle is going to stop a barrage of lightning, or the buildings Vader will force throw at Link. What projectiles are you even thinking of?

It stopped Gannon and Aganhim's blasts, and Force abilities are similar to magic. The same strategy could work against anything projectile based. As for if a large object is thrown at him? He could use the Titans Mitt to grab it and throw it right back.

Link could escape alive, but I don't think he'd come out with a victory, in retrospect.

Why is that? Let's debate this further and see. Like I said in my post, Link is equipped to be able to survive just about any battle situation. Vader is far more powerful, but Link would be able to get a victory here because he has plenty of strategies to pick from that Vader might not see coming. Never underestimate someone like Link.

Really, Bolf? REALLY!? This type of crap is why I really hate some of the tournaments and "who would win in a fight?" threads on here. It's an imaginary battle against two fictional characters that people who will likely NEVER meet are arguing to the death about over the internet. It's just a post, don't take it so seriously.

Your arguments are silly, and it's making me realize that Link probably wouldn't win against Vader.

The Magic Cape is only one defensive option. There's also the Staff of Byrna which lasts until Link runs out of magic, which is a rather long time.

Okay? That's still a relatively short amount of time, and Vader would still be able to sense him.

Nice try. The Arrows of Light are powered by Holy Forces. Nothing can stop them. Vader might take less damage than just about any Hyrulian monster would, but they still hit him.

Because we've seen the force go up against "Holy Power" hundreds of times, and we're all able to make that judgment. Where are you getting your arguments, Dagger? Because they sure aren't logical. You're just making up facts and presenting them as if they're common knowledge.

Well then they would find themselves in an amusing loop between Vader "forcing" something and Link Hookshotting something, back and forth, until one or both realizes how pointless it would be to keep going that route.

Are you saying Link would hookshot his hookshot back to him?

It stopped Gannon and Aganhim's blasts, and Force abilities are similar to magic. The same strategy could work against anything projectile based. As for if a large object is thrown at him? He could use the Titans Mitt to grab it and throw it right back.

The Force isn't a projectile. Magic and the Force are nothing alike in that regard. You think Link is just going to slice at random batches of air, hoping Vader's Force "projectiles" are just going to fly back at him?

Also, let's go a bit further than that.

In The Force Unleashed, we've seen Jedis and Sith Lords force throwing incredible shit. Entire star ships were, to my recollection, one of the shining points in advertising for The Force Unleashed. Sure, Link can life large rocks, but he can't lift rocks/buildings/anything the size of a star ship.

Why is that? Let's debate this further and see. Like I said in my post, Link is equipped to be able to survive just about any battle situation. Vader is far more powerful, but Link would be able to get a victory here because he has plenty of strategies to pick from that Vader might not see coming. Never underestimate someone like Link.

Vader isn't a boss in Zelda. He doesn't have a set pattern of attacks that he repeats in the same order over and over again. There's no strategy Link can come up with that'll be enough to overcome Vader.

Darth Vader would obviously win here.

Now, I am no expert on Link but Vader is a guy who can sense opposition coming before they get anywhere near, can kill a man without even touching him physically, and has such control over the force that he can take over the galaxy. Plus a deadly lightsaber if it ever came to hand to hand combat.

Vader to crush Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back