Bullshit About Movies [Cage Edition]

So will I enjoy Toy story 3 if I saw the first two in the theatres as a child and own both on VHS and fucking love them, or will it be like "What are they doing to my ;.;"

So will I enjoy Toy story 3 if I saw the first two in the theatres as a child and own both on VHS and fucking love them, or will it be like "What are they doing to my ;.;"

From what I've heard you will collapse to your knees sobbing hysterically while nostalgia'ing.

Toy Story 3 was really good. I enjoyed it, made me feel like a kid again.

I watched Grown Ups today, I didn't expect much, but it was fairly enjoyable. I got some decent laughs out of it.

Bloody-Disgusting gave it a good review and Rider Strong returns, so I'll definitely be watching it at some point. Judah Friedlander is in it as well and he was great in Feast.

I'll first check if its on Instant viewing. If not, I can still bring it home from work. I thought Rider Strong died in the first one though - so now I'm interested.

I've seen all of those way too many times, apart from The Fourth Kind which I think I actually might have on my DVR. Looks interesting.

I loved Fourth Kind. I get people coming in the store claiming they loved Paranormal Boredom more; I continue to hold back being fired by restraining myself from telling them to get the fuck out of my store.

Oh and Will, when you say you enjoyed SOTD more than Day, I hope you're referring to the Day of the Dead remake and not the original, right?

The one with Mena Suvari, Nick Cannon & Ving Rhames. (2008 version) I could not stand it - mainly due to the ending.

WHO THE FUCK SAID PREDATORS SUCKS??

Yeah, that'd be me. And I stand by that comment 100%.

1. I can not for the life of me stand Adrien Brody. He fucking sucks. Splice was at least semi-worth it, for two reasons. (1) Sarah Polley = greatness, and (2) what happens to Brody. :D

2. When a guy fires off a fucking huge ass machine gun and can't hit a single target, not even to slightly wound something - yet someone else fires ONE SHOT and takes down one of those dogs.. uhm, no. Completely upset me due to stupidity.

3. Topher Grace. If Brody wasn't enough to kill that movie, Grace finished the job.

saw "Due Date" the other day. Laughed twice. Im sure everyone will begin going on and on about it being the funniest movie of all time and a comedy classic sometime soon.

:suspic: Like people who liked She's Out of My League & Hangover. Funny, yeah, sure.. some of the greatest comedies ever.. hardly.

You know what movie came out on DVD yesterday and you should buy?

Hint: I'm not going to name it because then people will make comments about me always repeating myself and driving things into the ground.

Don't let them talk you down. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim. Several quotes from that movie already have taken over daily parts of my life. Especially when I randomly throw coins on the ground - only to say Ohh, look.. coins. I got my Manager doing it, too.

I loved Fourth Kind. I get people coming in the store claiming they loved Paranormal Boredom more; I continue to hold back being fired by restraining myself from telling them to get the fuck out of my store.

Paranormal Activity was very good, not sure what you're on about. Not a classic, but a good 3.5/5 in my book. Not sure how developing characters and a coherent story equals "boredom".

The one with Mena Suvari, Nick Cannon & Ving Rhames. (2008 version) I could not stand it - mainly due to the ending.

Yeah that was a gigantic piece of shit and an insult to the original. Go see the original, it's nothing like it a thousand times better. The zombies in the remake were so laughably bad, I mean some of them were straight up CGI. C-G-FUCKING-I ZOMBIES! And they like flew all over the walls and shit like Spiderman? Oh my god I'm going to stop now before I get angry again about that movie.

:suspic: Like people who liked She's Out of My League & Hangover. Funny, yeah, sure.. some of the greatest comedies ever.. hardly.

Never saw She's Out of my League but The Hangover is a great flick, definitely one of the better comedies to hit US theaters since Judd Apatow first started making movies.

Anyone going to go out and see 'Unstoppable'?

Personally, I enjoyed both versions of The Taking Of Pelham 123, and Unstoppable looks like a blatant take-off on it. But still, I may go out and see it.

Personally, I enjoyed both versions of The Taking Of Pelham 123, and Unstoppable looks like a blatant take-off on it. But still, I may go out and see it.

...Huh? The plot of Unstoppable looks nothing like The Taking of Pelham 123.

The original slays the remake. It's got fuckin' Walter Matthau and ROBERT SHAW! Any movie with Robert Shaw is immediately good, regardless of it's content.

Paranormal Activity was very good, not sure what you're on about. Not a classic, but a good 3.5/5 in my book. Not sure how developing characters and a coherent story equals "boredom".

I didn't like Paranormal Activity because it advertised all the wrong things. It played off being suspenseful and 'edge of your seat scary'. In reality; it was an hour and 30 minutes of watching a PG rated Blair Witch project - with less language, less jumpy parts, and a sexless couple.

What in that movie was entertaining? Besides watching a chic on fast forward, standing beside her *whatever he was to her* pacing back and forward due to the fast forward of the video.

I mean, literally - it was random noises, mysterious foot steps and the only part that even remotely felt like a horror movie - the ending, when the chic throws the guy into the camera.

Need I even go into depth on how the "based on real events" movie was a crock of shit from before ever starting it; due to the ALTERNATIVE ENDING?! How can a "real" anything, have an alt. ending?

Yeah that was a gigantic piece of shit and an insult to the original. Go see the original, it's nothing like it a thousand times better. The zombies in the remake were so laughably bad, I mean some of them were straight up CGI. C-G-FUCKING-I ZOMBIES! And they like flew all over the walls and shit like Spiderman? Oh my god I'm going to stop now before I get angry again about that movie.

I didn't know it, but I thought some of that movie's zombies looked way too CGI. Especially the Spider-man like ones toward the end. The ending of that movie sucked incredibly as well, mind you.

I'll have to check out the original.

Never saw She's Out of my League but The Hangover is a great flick, definitely one of the better comedies to hit US theaters since Judd Apatow first started making movies.

See, I just didn't see the greatness of Hangover. Maybe its because I don't drink or anything - but even on that note; I loved movies like P.C.U, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I just didn't find Hangover as hilarious as most.

I thought Taking of Pelham was about a guy stealing a train, as opposed to Unstoppable being about a train out of control?

The only things Unstoppable and Pelham 123 have in common are trains and Denzel Washington, besides that two very very different movies. I want to see Unstoppable but I don't think it's in the budget...at least not this weekend

See, I just didn't see the greatness of Hangover. Maybe its because I don't drink or anything - but even on that note; I loved movies like P.C.U, and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I just didn't find Hangover as hilarious as most.

I doubt it has anything to do with the whole "not drining thing" I don't drink or anything either, yet I tend to love comedies that feature alot of drug use and drinking, I think it has more to do with the fact that everyone on the planet that saw it when it first came out, and were going on and on about how insanely funny it was, getting everyones expectations up to a point where the moive had no shot in hell of meeting said expectations

I doubt it has anything to do with the whole "not drining thing" I don't drink or anything either, yet I tend to love comedies that feature alot of drug use and drinking, I think it has more to do with the fact that everyone on the planet that saw it when it first came out, and were going on and on about how insanely funny it was, getting everyones expectations up to a point where the moive had no shot in hell of meeting said expectations

The only reason I didn't say this was the reason; was because I only had 2 people around me that actually went to the theatre to see it and gave it 10/10 ratings and claimed it was the absolute greatest thing ever. I didn't get a ton of hype for it.

Hot Tub Time Machine, on the other hand - that movie received a TON of hype, (around me) and by no means even lived up to half of it. Which is odd, considering I find almost anything John Cusack does to be good.

The only reason I didn't say this was the reason; was because I only had 2 people around me that actually went to the theatre to see it and gave it 10/10 ratings and claimed it was the absolute greatest thing ever. I didn't get a ton of hype for it.

Hot Tub Time Machine, on the other hand - that movie received a TON of hype, (around me) and by no means even lived up to half of it. Which is odd, considering I find almost anything John Cusack does to be good.

Maybe you just forgot how to laugh:shrug:

I enjoyed it over Day of the Dead; which was the one I watched before it.

Once I realized Diary of the Dead was the movie that takes play before Survival of the Dead - I loved it even more. I'm often happy when I realize zombie movies have sequels.

The same guy in Survival of the Dead, that has a cameo in Diary of the Dead - ALSO plays a Soldier in Land of the Dead. But he dies in that one. I would've been even more in love had he lived in Land of the Dead, which set-up his role more in Diary; leading to Survival.

As a whole though - the film is pretty meh. I liked the deal with trying to get them to live like normal people though, and trying to get them to eat animals instead of humans. But the final deal with the feuding families was beyond stupid (and yet still slightly funny).

The Day of the Dead remake is absolute shit. I can't believe I wasted money on it.

Aye, George Romero likes him the military dude. The guy who played Tony in Diary of the Dead was also in Land of the Dead. Speaking of Diary of the Dead, I love that movie to pieces.

Survival of the Dead, like I said I feel empty about it. I thought the ending sucked beyond belief.

I didn't like Paranormal Activity because it advertised all the wrong things.

That's the fault of the film or filmmakers, that's the studio's fault for misrepresenting it.

It played off being suspenseful and 'edge of your seat scary'. In reality; it was an hour and 30 minutes of watching a PG rated Blair Witch project - with less language, less jumpy parts, and a sexless couple.

It certainly was suspenseful, not sure how you could say it isn't. Every single time they go to sleep suspense builds because you know something is going to happen you just don't know what or where, so you're looking around constantly for the slightest flicker of movement. Plenty of suspense.

What in that movie was entertaining? Besides watching a chic on fast forward, standing beside her *whatever he was to her* pacing back and forward due to the fast forward of the video.

The story was entertaining. It was a brilliant concept executed very well. I'm sorry if you threw on that movie expecting demons flying around, explosions, gore, and titties but you picked the wrong film if so. Again, something called character development. It's a slow-burning plot that builds suspense until the final frame.

I mean shit if you want to be picky about boredom what the hell was exciting about films like Reservoir Dogs? That film was 99% guys talking in a warehouse with a few short flashbacks with guns. But you wouldn't call that film boring, would you? No, because they spend that time building the characters for you to care about them. Same thing in Paranormal Activity.

I mean, literally - it was random noises, mysterious foot steps and the only part that even remotely felt like a horror movie - the ending, when the chic throws the guy into the camera.

Few things

1) "Random noises, mysterious foot steps"...congratulations you have just described 90% of horror films, ever. From The Haunting to Amityville Horror to Halloween, you could use that same description for basically every horror film ever made.

2) You must have seen the shitty theatrical ending. Director's cut ending is so much better, she kills him and than slits her throat staring into the camera.

Need I even go into depth on how the "based on real events" movie was a crock of shit from before ever starting it; due to the ALTERNATIVE ENDING?! How can a "real" anything, have an alt. ending?

Again, not the film's fault. They didn't market the film, they made it for like 100,000 bucks and had to rely on hype of mouth just to get the thing picked up for distribution and in theaters. Plus, what's the big deal with saying it's based on real events even if it truthfully isn't? Paranormal things like this happen all the time first off, they have entire shows dedicated to it but you can't dismiss a film for that, I mean Texas Chainsaw Massacre sold itself on being a true story though it had absolutely no basis in fact but it's still an absolute classic film.

I'm watching Toy Story 3 and just realized that Sid was the garbage man. This is the 4th time I've watched the movie in the past three days.

I have this movie on my queue

Heard it's kinda sad, Kevin Smith likes to call it Schindlers Toy Box, and says the final scene with the toys is "the most human scene he's seen in a movie all year" or something like that

I never got the hate for Paranormal Activity. Anyone who said it was boring missed the whole point. It was supposed to build tension and keep your attention so that when something happens, you are scared. Like X said, you know something's coming, but you don't know what or when, and that's what makes the haunted house sub-genre of horror so effective.

Also, yeah, the alternate ending was much, much better than the original one.

Also also, anyone who hasn't seen Trick 'r Treat needs to. Like, now. It's awesome.

Has anyone seen Dead Snow?, I've had it on my instant queue for months and haven't gotten around to watching it, but I heard from my cousin that it's all kinds of epic, & can you really go wrong with a movie about Nazi-zombies?

So I watched this week:

Bronson
Scream
28 Days Later

Bronson was good but really without Tom Hardy it's not worth watching. His performance makes that movie (also it has Matt King who plays Super Hans in the Peep Show).

Scream was good. Better than I expected.

28 Days Later was fairly good but it's not as good as some claim. Cillian Murphy does a decent job as the lead.

I saw Star Trek... that remade movie with Captain Kirk as an infant. Not bad, actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back