Drew McIntyre on Raw

PompeyDJ

TNA World Butterfly Champion
Last night, there was a handicap match on Raw. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre vs Big Show. This match finished with Big Show on the stage, about to chokeslam McIntyre off the stage (presumably) before Mark Henry tackled Big Show off the stage. Both men were selling this and it did look huge. But i want to focus on something else
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QraRF6n5lY
Here's the footage of what happened. I want you to keep your eye on McIntyre as Henry tackles Big Show. He basically gets dropped. He gets dropped awkwardly and doesn't land in the safe area that Big Show and Mark Henry landed in. I've watched it several times and it looked like Drew's leg hits the stage and he falls off screen. There are around 5 referees around Show and Henry to help sell the move and advance the story, but just one checks McIntyre. That video doesn't show it, but for a split second, i saw that one referee make the X sign in the background.
Now, i don't know if where McIntyre landed was protected or not. All i know is that he was just dropped by a 7 ft giant, landed awkwardly, falls off screen and the commentators don't even mention his drop. The fact that only one referee checked on him is also upsetting and the X that was made was definitely for McIntyre, not Show or Henry. The commentators and referees are too busy with Big Show and Mark Henry that they ignore a potential injury just for a storyline. It would've been fine if another 2 or 3 people came out to check on Drew or if the commentators said something like "Drew was just dropped and fell off the stage" but there was just one referee.
So what do you think? Do you think Drew could be hurt? Should more have been done? I've seen no news about Drew being injured so maybe i'm overreacting but the referee who checked on Drew made the X sign so excuse me for being concerned.

I was at the show, three rows from the back of that section. I can confirm that the ref did make the X, and it appeared to be next to Drew. From what I could tell, it did seem like he fell in the wrong place. This is just speculation, but I almost got the impression that Henry was supposed to knock Show down there, saving Drew and coming up short himself, with just Show getting knocked off the Stage. I could be wrong there.

Either way, Drew hobbled off with help, holding his head, which I believe hit the steps next to the stage, and then it took a LONG time to get Henry and Show up. Henry got up first, slowly and with help. He sort of pushed a ref away, so he might have been selling, but Show was still down for another minute or two and they were eventually running promos on the Tron as though it wasn't happening. A very strange moment all around.

Untie your balls dude. No matter if it was live tv or not, chances are if Drew McIntyre was actually injured or seriously hurt, refs and medical staff would have attended to him. I don't think it's that big of a deal, superstars fall from those heights all the time and land awkwarly only to dust themselves off and keep going. The Big Show could have definitely let him go a little lower than he originally did. Drew should be thankful he didn't land under the weight of both Big Show and Mark Henry. Hell, Big Show probably did him a favor dropping him to the side like that.

Untie your balls dude. No matter if it was live tv or not, chances are if Drew McIntyre was actually injured or seriously hurt, refs and medical staff would have attended to him. I don't think it's that big of a deal, superstars fall from those heights all the time and land awkwarly only to dust themselves off and keep going. The Big Show could have definitely let him go a little lower than he originally did. Drew should be thankful he didn't land under the weight of both Big Show and Mark Henry. Hell, Big Show probably did him a favor dropping him to the side like that.

Again, excuse me for being concerned. I know they fall like that a lot, but that's not my point. The X is only used for 2 things. A storyline injury or a legitimate injury. Since Drew had nothing to do with the Henry/Show story, why would they make the X sign for him if it wasn't an actual injury? Plus the fact that no one mentioned it. If it was part of the story then the commentators would've mentioned it.
My point is, the X went up, no reason for it to be fake, Drew looked like he landed awkwardly.

it looked rough. it appeared as though show and henry landed on a big air bag almost, so i can imagine those two being really injured except for story line purposes. maybe it wasnt but was that drew screaming @ about the 30 second mark? i couldnt work out what else the noise could be. but i think it was meant to be a story line, wether drew was injured or not, where he goes into a feud with dolph for letting him get belted

Drew was fine after the show, i sat down with him for a cup of tea and he said the only thing he hurt was his hair do and i believe him, Drew has never lied to me in the past so why the hell would he start now...

Allthough he did have a cut on his lip but he said his pet cat did that, am i being lied to here? (confused smiley)

I do realise you are serious and i believe he was fine, without sounding harsh or being closed minded to the world of "profesional wrestlin" the guy walked away before Sexual chocolate and BIG JOE

Maybe if Drew was actually being pushed, and actually had something going for him on Raw, I would actually give a damn about an injury he might have suffered.

Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he lacks talent and personality, so he's nothing special, I'm not saying he's not talented he's good in the ring, just not on the level Dolph Ziggler is.

the WWE really just don't care about him right now, if he got injured they would probably release him, but I really would like to see him be repackaged if he had time off, he needs it.

Now that he isn't the "chosen one" anymore(you saw the current "relationship" he has with Vinny Mac backstage when he was mocking him), he needs something new, but I don't see WWE having anything for him in the near future, all he has done on Raw is make guys like Kofi and Big Show look good.

If Drew were really hurt, we the fans would know about it, by now. We may just know that he's getting an MRI or some tests, but we'd know that he's less than healthy. Isn't Drew McIntyre on Twitter, too? If he is, then we'd definitely know. Even if he isn't, my point is that somebody would have said something and we'd know for certain.

My policy with the wrestling in general is that if someone walks off under their own power, they'll be fine. McIntyre may have suffered some kind of concussion or other injury if there was a botch and obviously that's not wrestling shape, but as long as he literally walks away then there is no cause for concern.

I hope he's fine because it was nice seeing him actually back on television; I like Drew. I always thought that he had a good look, and I really do think people could learn to cheer for him. I'm not saying he's a world champion because he's just not fun enough to anchor a show, but I never got why WWE only uses like, twenty of the wrestlers on their roster and by use, I mean put them on TV. They only really use about ten guys in that they actually get mic time and a personality. I always thought it would be nice to actually see some of the Tuesday show wrestlers, even if they are just jobbing on Monday and Friday. You pay them a salary and then no one ever sees them? Guys like Drew McIntyre, Chris Masters, Tyson Kidd, etc. aren't world champions, but they are fine workers and deserve to at least be on TV.

Whatever happened to Chris Masters' post Wrestlemania push, by the way?...

If I remember correctly I think Jimmy Korderas said once on the Right After Wrestling podcast that the X sign is more show now and they have something else they use when someone is really hurt. Also Big Show was facing foward so from his peripheral vision he would have seen someone as big as Henry coming. So he would have would have know how high to lift McIntyre. Plus with a spot where someone could get hurt like this you gotta believe they would have be very safe. Making sure everyone had landing space no matter what.

Im doubt he is that bothered about taking a hard fall, I'm sure he was just glad to have a match on Raw. Teaming with the US Champion to take on a legend, thats more than most get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back