Evolution Returns!!!!

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
The title says it all! I'm a huge fan of The Shield but when Triple H, Randy Orton and Batista came out to the Evolution theme tonight, I jumped out of my seat! I think it's great that they are back as Evolution rather then The Authority and to be honest, I hope they stay together for a bit. It's a nice change of pace and I think Evolution vs The Shield will be an epic fued.

What do you guys think?

It was clear to me where this was going. To keep things fresh they couldn't just run out another bryan/orton/batista snore fest for the belt. so now evolution will fight the shield for 1 maybe 2 ppvs. I'm ok with it. It's just goofy hearing the announcers feel sorry for the Shield for getting beatdown when they were the ones doing it for months. Oh well...

I think its also a good thing that Evolution is busy with The Shield, therefore we get the return of The Big Red Monster Kane! Looks like he may be facing Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship at Extreme Rules too. WWE gets a high five from me tonight.

I'm surprised Evolution got on the same page, they seemed so into trying to get the world title off Bryan but I see now the disrespect from The Shield is their focus at the moment.

Hopefully, this feud builds to HHH/Reigns at MITB. Reigns could use the big solo match.

It sucks the crowd wasn't into their return. I'm guessing majority of the audience started watching WWE after WM XX.

YAY! The best group from wrestling's worst era band together to insist they're still relevant.

In all seriousness, I think this program depends on if Evolution is willing to put The Shield over. If this turns into The Shield getting beat down every week, this is going to be a waste of everyone's time, if we're going to get more like last week, it's promising.

I'm interested in seeing how this works. In their heyday, Evolution worked well because HHH was the clear leader and the others did his bidding. He was WWE's present and Orton and Batista were the future. Now they're all on somewhat equal footing. I'm excited to see what goes down with this. I doubt they'll be together for long before a triple threat match between them. Possibly for a shot at the title.

Meh. I think this says a lot about the current wwe product when there is such a lack of over talent, especially teams, that they need to reunite a team that hasn't been together in 5-7 years at least so another team has someone to feud with. I would be more impressed if HHH assembled a new team of young talent to do his bidding, only stepping into the ring once in a while when it was important.

Meh. I think this says a lot about the current wwe product when there is such a lack of over talent, especially teams, that they need to reunite a team that hasn't been together in 5-7 years at least so another team has someone to feud with. I would be more impressed if HHH assembled a new team of young talent to do his bidding, only stepping into the ring once in a while when it was important.

Come on, WWE IS ALL ABOUT the new guys right now. The veterans are basically either all heels, or faces that the crowd boos, NXT callups are happening fast, and the most over guys are guys like Bryan, The Shield, The Wyatt's and Cesaro. It makes PERFECT sense for Evolution to get together to try to stop some of it from going on. Same with how John is defending his legacy, it's about trying to show you've still got it and you're not ready to lay down for these guys. WWE has changed so much the past few months, hell the streak is even over. Seems like useless complaining, when this is pretty much the only relevant thing veteran guys are doing right now.

This had to be a plan going into Wrestlemania because everything was just falling into place ever HHH was being chummy to Orton and Dave telling them to be their old self's and that RK-Bomb they used at Mania was too "team like" for 2 guys who don't want to be on the same page. My question is where is Rick Flair you can't have Evolution without flair. Tho its does seem like evolution has a man advantage with steph in there corner the question then becomes is steph the flair of the group acting as a manager...Also does HHH bring in a extra hand if Bryan Teams with the Shield who would it be?(if only richie steamboat was still in NXT)...A lot of questions are gonna be asked now but the possibility's are very abundant for the next couple of mouths.

The size of Evolution is fine where it is. Given how he looks these days, I don't want to see Flair anywhere near this. Plus, Evolution has one advantage their old version never did, HHH/Steph in charge. We saw the example of that today orchestrating the 11 man beatdown before actually coming out. To me, that is the 4th member

I think this is a great idea and was calling for it prior to Mania, I don't know why anyone would worry that this will be anything but positive for The Shield, hell! I'd go as far as to say the return of Evolution is designed mainly with the goal of elevating The Shield.

The story is actually perfect, Evolution reuniting to try and stop the process of evolution in the business. It was a shame the crowd were so flat for it as it was a really well executed segment.

It was cool to see the return of Evolution minus Ric Flair. I've always enjoyed Evolution. Two mega stats came out that group. It was just a beautiful thing to see! But come on you can't have a Evolution reunion without the Nature Boy in some context. Unless Ric Flair makes a one night return to RAW as a babyface to tell off Triple H & the rest of his crew (including Stephanie) to only get beatdown by Evolution for his trouble. Evolution could get more heat from the crowd for attacking Flair. Because without Ric Flair's Four Horsemen there would be no Evolution.

All in all I give this reunion angle til Summerslam to end.

I like the new Evolution, someone brought up that they are all on equal footing now, which isn't true, HHH is still the leader because he's in a corporate position now and the other two are on equal footing, it'll be interesting to see where they go with this, looks like a summerslam match between HHH and reigns isn't so far fetched after all.

You're drunk. I think it says a LOT about the current WWE product that you NEED Evolution to give Shield a credible challenge. Think about this:

Daniel Bryan is going to be in some kind of stipulation match against one of the most well known guys of all time and is heavily expected to win.

Wyatt is against the biggest star of the past 15 years and is favored.

Shield is against a top 5 stable who can all still go.

Probably also get an IC title match between two young guys making the title mean something.

I love this. The WWE has so much good going on right now. When people try to hate on it, you look silly. Even the Divas matches are solid.

Someone brought up adding a memeber. Adrian Neville is my pick from NXT. If they really want to fast track him, let's see Neville (imo the best flyer of this generation) vs Cesar (imo the best base of this generation) for a while. Down the line Neville/Bryan could be as good as the Malenko/Mysterio matches but with a main event level of overness.

I think they should stay together for a while. This won't be a popular idea but they should go over the Shield. They're mega heels, and not just 3 mega heels put together, they have chemistry since they've been together before. I'd have them go over the shield, the go into a feud in which 3 legit faces team up to try to take them down (Cena, Sheamus and prolly D-Bryan or Big Show). Have Evolution go over them and in the end have the Shield feud with them once in a "losing team disbands match" and have the Shield finally get the huge win. And in between, the could tease Evolution/Wyatt Family. Just my opinion though cause it would suck to just have them come back together just to have them put over the shield in a short time span.

The brilliance of evolution v shield means Bryan can have his first champion feud with Kane with hopefully the authority storyline for the moment moving elsewhere

It means Bryan won't be buried shortly by HHH and wwe can see if he can run with the company

Evolution need flair, they also need a rookie - bolieve

I loved hearing the evolution music again, even though part of me wishes they saved it for a ppv to make it even more epic. The believe in evolution line was awesome too. I dont care where they are in rankings of stables, they'll always be a bad ass combination imo. They dont need a rookie either, it works out perfectly with them going straight up against the shield.

Also, I agree that its silly the commentary kind of ignored the fact that outnumbered beatdowns is what made the shield famous, only jbl alluded to their past during the 11 on 3 match. Shield got unfairly attacked yes, but it was also a taste of their own medicine.

I'm excited. I enjoyed Evolution back in the day and they did a great job elevating Orton and Batista. Probably the best stable of this century so a reunion is great to see.

HHH won't wrestle that often but he is still the best speaker in the group. Batista is getting back to his best. Orton is a top guy and being in this stable for a few months won't hurt. I'd like to see a fourth member added but that can come with time.

An Evolution vs Shield match has a lot of potential. They could work two or even three PPV's in a row. If Evolution added a fourth member then they can vary it up. Plus the potential for singles matches and this could be an absolutely awesome feud.

Stop taking about the Shield. the most overrated stable of all time, never won anything besides two mid-card titles.

To be fair, they have only been around about a year and a half, AND, the fans hijacked the show with Daniel Bryan and Punk, so no one else could get a push while the fans were drooling on themselves.

Evolution is necessary to put the Shield over. It requires a stable from history that has almost legendary status. Rollins and Reigns have futures in the WWE. Ambrose, not so much.

I'm pretty sure Evolution is there solely to get The Shield over as one of the most dominant stables of all time, but watching current day Orton, Batista and HHH walk out to the Evolution theme was a pretty cool thing to witness.

On a side note, when Orton and Batista originally said no to HHH, did anybody else here Steph say, "I have a plan"... So did she send The Shield out against Orton and Batista or... I don't get it. Do you think this will lead to anything?

I'm pretty sure Evolution is there solely to get The Shield over as one of the most dominant stables of all time, but watching current day Orton, Batista and HHH walk out to the Evolution theme was a pretty cool thing to witness.

On a side note, when Orton and Batista originally said no to HHH, did anybody else here Steph say, "I have a plan"... So did she send The Shield out against Orton and Batista or... I don't get it. Do you think this will lead to anything?

I wondered about that as well but I can't see a logical reason The Shield would take any suggestion from Steph at this juncture. I'm guessing her idea was the 11 on 3 match as a back-up plan in case Orton and Batista didn't come around.

It's terrific to see Evolution back, especially with a specific mission, rather than simply reuniting to massage their vanities. It will be interesting to see how much Triple H intends to get physically involved; it's significant he didn't show up in wrestling gear when it was time to clean up the carnage wrought by the heels he sent to do their dirty work......which leads to another point: Triple H has certainly created an advantage for his team that most groups don't have....yes, he, Orton & Batista can beat up their foes, but Trips can also use executive privilege to "legislate" Evolution's path through their enemies, either by physical or political means.

Also, even though the Shield are now fighting on the side of truth, justice & the American way, it's kind of exciting to see the tactics they brought against others used to thwart them now. They were the heels that ganged up on others to make sure one of them wasn't defeated; last night the tables were turned by a team that possessed a numerical advantage over them. Sure, we root for Shield now, but it's not as if their reign of terror never happened.

To that end, Evolution....plus the powers they command outside the three of them.....has proven itself to be a formidable force, one that has already taken the measure of the Shield. Gonna be interesting to see how this proceeds.

It was a great moment for sure. The second the music hit I nearly jumped out of my seat. The original Evolution was one of my favorite stables so seeing them back with a purpose is great to see. This will be a great platform for Shield as they have had many 6 man matches and feuds, but this will be the one that pushes them to the next level.

I couldn't be anymore happy about it. And like others said, it makes sense. The reality era continues to deliver the IWC what we want. How interesting.....

Yes, exactly my thoughts that steph had something to do with it, but it doesnt really add up logically. Maybe she had another plan that never had to be used

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back