Houston Region, Third Round: Embarassment: (4) Chris Jericho vs. (5) John Cena

Who Wins This Match

• Chris Jericho

• John Cena

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well it's sad to see 2 of my top 3 favorite superstars to face each other such early.

The stip makes it a little unpredictable.

If we wanna base it on stats , well Cena has always defeated Jericho , so this one goes to him.

Considering the stip , well it makes a little harder.Cena doesn't tap so Jericho using STF won't work.Jerciho using AA will be a nice way to win because even Hornswoggle hit AA in royal rumble , so it will be easy to do.

At the other hand , Cena won't be able to hit Codebreaker IMO.It takes a little more flexibility than what Cena has.

But he can easily apply Walls of Jericho.

So it comes to who is the more resilient one and i think that would be Cena.

It will be close but Cena by submission at 32 min mark.

(By the way Jericho loves to put people over so It won't be a problem.)

Phew, these 3rd round matches are hard to call.

I could see both men hitting their opponents finishing moves pretty early in this one, with both kicking out before a 3 count.

Both men are more than capable of beating each other, and while I can quite easily see Cena's over-enthusiasm playing into the wily Jericho's hands and resulting in Cena being caught in his own STF, I do not think Cena would tap out at any cost. He has far too much fight to be beaten by his own move, it just wouldn't go down like that.

I want to vote for Y2J, I really do but in a match of this kind, where the rules prevent a sneaky roll up pin (which Jericho could quite easily capitalise on, I see a Code Breaker from Cena getting him the pinfall, leading to another Jericho tantrum in the ring after the match.

Sadly, Cena to advance

I have no love lost for either of the two men. I respect Cena's hard work and the work he does for the charities but his on screen character is boring to me. In the same manner I respect Jericho's hard work and appreciate the years he has put into the business but I cannot stand it how most smarks overrate him as if he is some living deity.

I want to choose Cena over Jericho but somehow I feel that due to the stipulation at hand, Chris Jericho has the advantage. Say what you want but Cena depends greatly on his Attitude Adjustment or his STFU to win matches but in this match he doesn't have them at his disposal.

What Cena has to do to win this match?

Walls Of Jericho: This is an easy move to perform but it hasn't got a victory for Chris Jericho over anyone significant in years. In fact the last time a main event level wrestler tapped out to the Walls was HBK in 2003 to my knowledge. The Walls have been one of the shittiest booked finishers in recent times. So if it couldn't get a victory for Jericho, who has been using it for years, how can it get a victory for Cena?

CodeBreaker: Say what you want but this is primarily an athletic move that relies upon the quickness with which it is executed. Now I don't know how athletic Cena is but he has always been booked as a brawler who can use power moves from time to time. Sorry but I just cannot imagine Cena pulling this move off.

What Jericho has to do to win the match?

Attitude Adjustment: Again I cannot see this happening. Jericho rarely uses power moves these days and has trouble in even bodyslamming his opponent at times. He has been known to grunt and groan whenever he picks a guy up for a bodyslam. He used the double powerbomb early in his career and that was a power move but he mainly used it against light heavyweights like X-Pac from what I remember. Sorry, it might be an easy move but it has been booked as a power move which is not Jericho's forte.

STF: This is Jericho's winning move in my opinion. He has been trained in the Hart Dungeon and knows about submission moves. His good friend Chris Benoit used to use it and Jericho might know how to use it as well. It is a strong submission move and has been known to make opponents tap out immediately.

So I think Jericho will win this via the STF.

Jericho was the 4th ever grand slam champion. John Cena isn't even a triple crown winner.
:lmao:

He's won the Tag Titles (on at least two occassions), a midcard title (US Title), and both World titles. That's a Grand Slam in my book.

At the other hand , Cena won't be able to hit Codebreaker IMO.It takes a little more flexibility than what Cena has.

CodeBreaker: Say what you want but this is primarily an athletic move that relies upon the quickness with which it is executed. Now I don't know how athletic Cena is but he has always been booked as a brawler who can use power moves from time to time. Sorry but I just cannot imagine Cena pulling this move off.
No offense, but are you two serious? Cena can't pull off a move where all he has to do is fall on his back with his knees in his gut? You're kidding right?

It's amazing what people can be worked to believe. It's no wonder wrestlers have such a low opinion of fans, some of them are truly marks in the real sense of the word. So because Cena works a brawling style, he can't jump and land on his back? Do you all even watch wrestling? Cena does far more athletic things than that.

Do yourself a favor. Watch a few Cena matches, and pay particular attention to what Cena has to do to sell an opponent's offense. Selling requires far more athleticism than hitting a move, and I don't think anyone in the IWC would disagree that Cena gets beaten up for a good chunk of every match.

Cena can hit the Codebreaker and he can hit the Walls of Jericho. To say otherwise is just being silly. On the other hand, has Cena EVER tapped out since winning the world title in 2005? If he has, it's been very rare, and highly unlikely that Jericho will be able to do it. Jericho's ONLY chance is the Attitude Adjustment, and while he can certainly deliver the move, Jericho and his spindly frame won't even begin to deliver the punishment with it that Cena and his enormous power does.

Cena wins this.

No offense, but are you two serious? Cena can't pull off a move where all he has to do is fall on his back with his knees in his gut? You're kidding right?

It's amazing what people can be worked to believe. It's no wonder wrestlers have such a low opinion of fans, some of them are truly marks in the real sense of the word. So because Cena works a brawling style, he can't jump and land on his back? Do you all even watch wrestling? Cena does far more athletic things than that.

Do yourself a favor. Watch a few Cena matches, and pay particular attention to what Cena has to do to sell an opponent's offense. Selling requires far more athleticism than hitting a move, and I don't think anyone in the IWC would disagree that Cena gets beaten up for a good chunk of every match.

Cena can hit the Codebreaker and he can hit the Walls of Jericho. To say otherwise is just being silly. On the other hand, has Cena EVER tapped out since winning the world title in 2005? If he has, it's been very rare, and highly unlikely that Jericho will be able to do it. Jericho's ONLY chance is the Attitude Adjustment, and while he can certainly deliver the move, Jericho and his spindly frame won't even begin to deliver the punishment with it that Cena and his enormous power does.

Cena wins this.

We know that selling requires a lot of athleticism but it isn't like that in kayfabe. In kayfabe it is supposed to be the move that one wrestler does that causes the other wrestler to bounce off the way he does. For example we know that Rock's selling of the Stunner is because of his athletic ability but in kayfabe it is supposed to be Austin who is causing Rock to behave in the manner he does. And kayfabe is the basis of my arguement.

Tell you what show me Cena performing a move like the Codebreaker and I will happily concede that he will be able to perform it.

Chris Jericho hasn't beaten anybody with the Walls of Jericho in a long time so what gives me any reason to believe that he can make Cena tap out with the STF? Cena has ridiculous upper and lower body strength so when he gets the Wall of Jericho, I don't see Jericho getting out of that. In terms of the Codebreaker, I've seen Cena leapfrog guys and the Codebreaker doesn't take that much to do. Jericho doesn't get off the ground that much to do the move anyway. Cena exactly doesn't have lead feet in the ring.

I'm surprised people don't keep coming back to the precedent that I pointed out. You know, the one that Chris Jericho never beats John Cena. I suppose I can understand why. When everyone realises that Jericho stands no chance and that's the end of it, it's kind of a dampener on discussion.

Let me put it this way; John Cena would beat Chris Jericho in the following ways:
  • on a boat
  • with a goat
  • when the score is tied
  • as a blushing bride
  • while he is taking a quiz
  • as the total jackass that he is
I genuinely couldn't believe my eyes when I read the argument that Jericho that is a triple crown winner and Cena isn't. You know why that is? Because Jericho has won more midcard titles. Because he's spent the vast majority of his career in the midcard. Cena hasn't. Cena's spent the majority of his career beating everyone in the main event and so, the poor bastard, he's won mostly just world titles. How is that an argument for Chris Jericho?

But yeah, basically, there's a massive precedent set that Cena would win this one and no precedent set that Jericho would win this. So, uh, yeah. There we have it.

What Cena has to do to win this match?

Walls Of Jericho: This is an easy move to perform but it hasn't got a victory for Chris Jericho over anyone significant in years. In fact the last time a main event level wrestler tapped out to the Walls was HBK in 2003 to my knowledge. The Walls have been one of the shittiest booked finishers in recent times. So if it couldn't get a victory for Jericho, who has been using it for years, how can it get a victory for Cena?

Yeah, no. If Cena locks in the Walls, whether it's 10 seconds in or 45 minutes in, Jericho is done. He doesn't have the strength to over power Cena. Not at all.

CodeBreaker: Say what you want but this is primarily an athletic move that relies upon the quickness with which it is executed. Now I don't know how athletic Cena is but he has always been booked as a brawler who can use power moves from time to time. Sorry but I just cannot imagine Cena pulling this move off

We're not talking about Mark Henry here. I've seen Cena jump, I've seen him fall. I kinda wish he would post a video of him doing a Cannonball so we could just end this ridiculous discussion.

What Jericho has to do to win the match?

Attitude Adjustment: Again I cannot see this happening. Jericho rarely uses power moves these days and has trouble in even bodyslamming his opponent at times. He has been known to grunt and groan whenever he picks a guy up for a bodyslam. He used the double powerbomb early in his career and that was a power move but he mainly used it against light heavyweights like X-Pac from what I remember. Sorry, it might be an easy move but it has been booked as a power move which is not Jericho's forte.

Cena weighs around what, 250-275lbs? Somewhere in there I'm guessing. If he doesn't have the strengths in his legs to lift that much weight, how exactly could he get out of the Walls Of Jericho?
STF: This is Jericho's winning move in my opinion. He has been trained in the Hart Dungeon and knows about submission moves. His good friend Chris Benoit used to use it and Jericho might know how to use it as well. It is a strong submission move and has been known to make opponents tap out immediately.

Bullshit. Jericho couldn't make Cena tap if his life depended on it. Once again, the strength thing comes in. Cena can power out of ANYTHING in Jericho's arsenal.
So I think Jericho will win this via the STF.

Well you would be wrong. In no fathomable way can Jericho beat Cena.

Jericho COULD win, but he won't. And that's really all that needs to be said.

The fact the Jericho "could" win is all that needs to be said in order to justify a vote for him.

Why is it that Jericho could win, well it's simple really, he has the track record that proves it.

The Rock and Austin are both bigger stars who I would put over Cena without thought, I'd put them over Jericho too; but that doesn't change history, Jericho beat Rock and Austin in the same night using the Stone Cold Stunner and The Rock Bottom against both opponents, respectively. I'd say that gives Jericho the edge with this gimmick. Winning the biggest matches of his career while using his opponents finisher, it's almost the perfect set up for a Jericho victory.

Did anyone give Jericho a chance to come out on top as the unified champion, of course not, but he did, and he did it against two competitors who are BETTER than Cena. If pro wrestling was so obviously booked all the time people wouldn't watch, guys like Cena lose, even more so in gimmick matches as it gives them an excuse for their loss.

Cena goes for the top rope fame asser, Steph with the distraction, and Jericho puts him away with the second AA of the match. Jericho gets the 3 count, hops on the mic, and brags about how it was tougher beating Austin/Rock in the same night than Cena.

If Jericho can beat Stone Cold and Rock with interference, how come he hasn't beat Cena in nine years? Jericho is Cena's bitch plain and simple. I don't even remember the almighty Jericho ever beating Stone Cold or Rock clean.

The fact the Jericho "could" win is all that needs to be said in order to justify a vote for him.

Well, not really. I mean, if you want to vote for Jericho, go nuts. I'm not going to stop you. But, you know, that's pretty poor justification. Is Jericho capable of the physical act of picking Cena up and hitting the Attitude Adjustment or applying the STFU on him? Sure. He was also physically capable of fulfilling the criteria for beating Cena in all their matches together, and he only did so once. In 2002, when Cena was a rookie. And, even then, just barely.

What's stopping Jericho winning this match isn't the fact that he couldn't fulfill the criteria necessary to, it's that he's plainly not as good as John Cena.

Why is it that Jericho could win, well it's simple really, he has the track record that proves it.

I take it this isn't the track record of all those matches he's lost to John Cena, even when he's had the odds stacked overwhelmingly in his favour. Because if you brought up that proven track record, that'd kind of completely undermine your argument. So, yeah, don't do that.

Instead you mention how Jericho beat Austin and Rock with their own finishers, which may be somewhat valid - albeit not as valid as all those losses he has against Cena - if it weren't for the absolutely crazy overbooked, dirtier-than-an-unwashed-car-in-June manner in which he gained those victories.

John Cena wins this one. It's the only sensible choice.

Well, not really. I mean, if you want to vote for Jericho, go nuts. I'm not going to stop you. But, you know, that's pretty poor justification. Is Jericho capable of the physical act of picking Cena up and hitting the Attitude Adjustment or applying the STFU on him? Sure. He was also physically capable of fulfilling the criteria for beating Cena in all their matches together, and he only did so once. In 2002, when Cena was a rookie. And, even then, just barely.

These two men had different primes in their careers, the prime of Jericho's Career never really crossed paths with the prime of Cena's career. Jericho went over Rock/Austin in his prime, not only did he go over them, but he went over them using their own signature finishing moves, wich just so happens to be the stipulation for this match.

2002 is also closer to Jericho's prime, which is why he went over Cena, close match or not. Cena's first match with Angle was a "Close" match, every match Cena has been in since joining the E has been a close match. He's been built that was since the beginning of his run, but he still loses, and even more so in gimmick matches.

Most, if not all the losses Jericho suffered to Cena, if not all of them where after Jericho's prime. Take both these men during the prime of there careers and there's no reason to think Jericho wouldn't walk out as the winner.

If we based this strictly on previous 1 on 1 matches, then we would all be voting AJ Styles over Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar would probably win every year. That's why I choose to look beyond the basic "match-up history" to avoid being pigeon holed into a simplistic thought or answer.

What's stopping Jericho winning this match isn't the fact that he couldn't fulfill the criteria necessary to, it's that he's plainly not as good as John Cena.

Arguably, in certain aspects. Wrestling ability, though, goes to Jericho, in ring work and promos go to Jericho, recent booking however goes to Cena. I wouldn't say Cena is better than Jericho, Cena has been booked better than Jericho in recent years, but those reason are more than obvious. Cena is the current face of the company, he's gone over everyone in recent history, so you can always use his track record to your advantage, but that doesn't change the fact that Cena still loses, on a somewhat regular basis.

I take it this isn't the track record of all those matches he's lost to John Cena, even when he's had the odds stacked overwhelmingly in his favour. Because if you brought up that proven track record, that'd kind of completely undermine your argument. So, yeah, don't do that.

Those matchup's all happened after Jericho's prime, prime on prime it's a different story, Jericho at his best was going over names bigger than Cena.

Instead you mention how Jericho beat Austin and Rock with their own finishers, which may be somewhat valid - albeit not as valid as all those losses he has against Cena - if it weren't for the absolutely crazy overbooked, dirtier-than-an-unwashed-car-in-June manner in which he gained those victories.

I'm not arguing that he won those matches in clean fashion, obviously not. I am however showing you that Jericho has been booked to go over the best, by best I mean "Better than Cena". The match stipulations clearly state that a manager can be present at ringside, that gives Jericho an advantage over Cena, especially if it's a McMahon in his corner.

John Cena wins this one. It's the only sensible choice.

I'm not saying Jericho picks up the clean victory; but the stipulation goes hand in hand with Jericho's most famous victories. Manager, check. Opponents finisher, check. Big name superstar in tournament style setting, Check. In Jericho's prime, with this stipulation, he goes over Cena.

Ok, this time last year, this match got tainted by alts and Jericho was disqualified, this year it's a completely different ball game, which is why, as one of the well known Jericho fans on here, I'm voting for Cena.

Pretty much most people have said the situation as it is, Jericho's record against Cena is practically nothing, even in what he considered the best days of his career, Jericho has never beaten Cena, the same Jericho who lost to him on his debut PPV, never won the WWE title from Cena but also lost the World title to Cena. The worst part is that the stipulation does not, and I repeat, does not work in favour of Jericho, yes it has been noted that Jericho has stolen finishers in the past, but have you see then finishers he's used on his foes? The Rock Bottom, Stunner, among others, what's significant about them? They don't require heavy lifting because Jericho is not a powerhouse, he weights about 230 pounds to Cena's 250 and this is the same John Cena who has held Edge and the Big Show on his shoulders at the same time, so it removes using the FU/AA from his ability to finish off Cena, especially when Jericho's skill lies in speed and technical skill.

Onto the STF, now there's no doubt that Jericho's strength would be in applying this move, if this had been 2003, Jericho would benefit here, but fricking heck, it's John Cena in his prime which is now and he runs on never giving up, there is no way in hell that Cena is going to tap out to anyone, much less his own finisher, so in short term, Jericho is fucked.

As for Jericho's finisher, Cena knows what to go for, the Walls, and if anyone says Cena is too big or his offence won't be able to make it affected. Jericho has tapped out to the likes of Hell's Gates when his head has barely suffered offence, or more importantly, he's tapped out to the Walls when they have been applied on him by Rock and Stone Cold. Let's get the Undisputed Champion match issue out, Jericho tapped out to the walls, now had it not been to interference and ref bumps, Stone Cold would have been the champion. Now given this match has no interference happening, nor ref bumps, you can guaran-damn-tee that Jericho is tapping out to Cena applying his own hold.

Funkay, Mozz, IC, as a fellow Jericho fan, I would love to see him go through, but I need to vote this logically, for the second year running, Jericho's elimination comes in the hands of Cena and there's nothing we can do about it. There's no way Jericho could win this when he's against a primed up Cena.

2002 is also closer to Jericho's prime

Cena beat Jericho then too. :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vengeance_(2002)

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=2053317#post2053317

I mean, what can you possibly say now? Cena beat Jericho in 2002 (when he was a one month rookie), in 2005, and basically every time after. Cena is stronger, he's innovative, he never taps out, while Jericho has historically been a jobber to the biggest stars (which Cena is).

How can you possibly justify Jericho winning this?

Those matchup's all happened after Jericho's prime, prime on prime it's a different story, Jericho at his best was going over names bigger than Cena.

Just not over Cena himself. :shrug:

Cena did not have a winning record in matches with Jericho that were decided by pinfall or submission until Jericho was almost 35.
Jericho can be any age you want him to be. He can be overachieving midcarder Chris Jericho, WCW cruiserweight Chris Jericho, or seasoned veteran Chris Jericho. He simply isn't on par with John Cena. Has there ever been a point in Jericho's career where he was carrying enough momentum to top Cena in his prime? A few months after he was Undisputed Champion, a rookie Cena beat Jericho on pay per view, the biggest match of that chapter in their rivalry. That loss would have been even more decisive if Cena was in his prime. Since then, the biggest roll of Jericho's career was stopped dead by Cena in John Boy's first match back at Survivor Series 2008. No matter what flavor of Jericho you want, is he really any match for Cena in his prime? The age argument simply isn't holding water with me. Don't know why people are letting it slide.

The facts? The only time Cena in his prime lost to Jericho was in a handicap match against JeriShow. Unless your man has 500 lbs of back-up, he isn't on par with The Champ.

This is Cena. All day, every day. I'm as big of a Jericho fan as anyone, but he's Cena's whipping boy.

This is so simple. God knows I love Chris Jericho, but he's completely outclassed by John Cena. Can Jericho hit an FU on Cena, sure, but it won't be with enough impact to take out Cena. You can damn well forget about Jericho making Cena tap out to the STFU, it's simply not going to happen.

Any human being can apply a Boston Crab to another human being and cause some damage. I think Tasty pointed it out, and I'll reiterate. I've put that move on my cousins growing up, and I've received that move. Even when you're just playing around with it, the son of a bitch hurts. You take a strong man like Cena, and have him apply it to a physically weaker opponent in Jericho, it's match over.

Chris Jericho is a great wrestler, but Jericho gets fed to Cena time and time again. Cena wins easy.

I'd much rather vote for Chris Jericho here, I've always enjoyed the guy and think that, overall, he's an infinitely superior wrestler to John Cena. But the simple truth is that Chris Jericho will simply not win this match. Chris Jericho will not be able to beat Cena using Cena's own finisher.

I can see this as one of these matches in which Cena takes an awful lot of punishment from his opponent but manages to morph himself into SuperCena and snatch victory from the crushing jaws of defeat when all hope seems to be lost.

I love Jericho but this just isn't happening. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Jericho does move on but there are too many sensible posters that vote with their heads rather than their hearts.

What????? It's true. Don't you laugh at me!!!!!! :fu2:

I'm looking for any reason under the sun to vote against Cena, but in this match, I can't. He owns Jericho, plain and simple.

Plain and simple, he doesn't own a prime Jericho.

I would rather watch Y2J wrestle a mop than view another Cena match, but come on, it's obvious. Jericho hasn't pinned John Cena, in a one-on-one contest, in nearly 9 years. That means something. From a kayfabe point of view, I could see Jericho winning this, if it weren't for how terribly Jericho has performed against Cena in the past.

Yet, in the first 9 years of Jericho's mainstream career the pinfall record between him and Cena was 1-1. If they had the same primes or started wrestling at the same time maybe your stat would mean something.

The legitimate challengers to Cena in his prime have been Orton and Edge. Crafty heel characters that Jericho was certainly on the level of when he was in his prime. Sure Cena eventually goes over even those guys but this isn't a feud, it is one match. A match that does not play to Cena's strengths and does play to such heels strengths. In a feud with Cena a heel on his level would absolutely win this match.

He's won the Tag Titles (on at least two occassions), a midcard title (US Title), and both World titles. That's a Grand Slam in my book.

And when you start writing the official record book that might actually mean something. I wrote a book about actual talent and Jericho finished significantly higher than Cena.

Plain and simple, he doesn't own a prime Jericho.

John Cena wasn't in WCW so your statement is useless. Any point of Jericho's career when he and Cena were both in the WWE, Cena made him his whipping boy.

Yet, in the first 9 years of Jericho's mainstream career the pinfall record between him and Cena was 1-1. If they had the same primes or started wrestling at the same time maybe your stat would mean something.

I'm sorry Cena isn't as old as Jericho was. I'm sorry Cena didn't go to WCW. He would have beat him there too as well. I heard people up and down swearing that Jericho was at his best as a heel in 2008 and had the best feud of the year with HBK. Who did he lose the title to after losing it to Batista. John Cena.

The legitimate challengers to Cena in his prime have been Orton and Edge. Crafty heel characters that Jericho was certainly on the level of when he was in his prime. Sure Cena eventually goes over even those guys but this isn't a feud, it is one match. A match that does not play to Cena's strengths and does play to such heels strengths. In a feud with Cena a heel on his level would absolutely win this match.

All those other matches that Cena won were "one match". Cena came out on top. Jericho didn't. End of story.

And when you start writing the official record book that might actually mean something. I wrote a book about actual talent and Jericho finished significantly higher than Cena.

Too bad he can't actually win a match against him.

And when you start writing the official record book that might actually mean something.
I'm sorry, Tag, Midcard, and World titles aren't the official designation for a Triple Crown?

You lose. Cena is a Triple Crown winner, and since he's won BOTH World titles, I consider that a Grand Slam.

I wrote a book about actual talent and Jericho finished significantly higher than Cena.
:lmao:

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Here, watch this....I've written several WZ posts on the subject of actual talent, and Cena finishes higher than Jericho. Now we're even.

What the fuck are you talking about?

John Cena wasn't in WCW so your statement is useless. Any point of Jericho's career when he and Cena were both in the WWE, Cena made him his whipping boy.

WWE-centric viewpoints are annoying enough. Now the only thing in the history of wrestling that matters is when John Cena was in WWE? No wonder wrestling fans have been continually jumping ship.

I heard people up and down swearing that Jericho was at his best as a heel in 2008 and had the best feud of the year with HBK.

Yes, people said this. I also heard a few people say John Cena can only do 5 moves. Seems like that might be a problem in this match if hearsay is now important. Even then with Jericho they were talking about his talent on display, not his ability to win matches.

I'm sorry, Tag, Midcard, and World titles aren't the official designation for a Triple Crown?

Officially the only midcard title for triple crown winners is the IC championship last time I checked.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Kind of the point Sly. Why does what you personally consider things matter?

Cena destroys Jericho. Has Jericho EVER beat Cena?

Remember when Cena had been gone for months...no TV time...and came back and beat Jericho like a rag doll at Survivor Series? Yeah...that's how this one would go down. Jericho, even in his little sly heel role as the Undisputed Champion, wouldn't go over Cena. Cena is booked to win far more than Austin and the Rock were...so the whole, "Jericho beat them in the same night" thing doesn't really work well.

Officially the only midcard title for triple crown winners is the IC championship last time I checked.

That's a pretty shit way to look at it. The US Title was the equivalent to the IC Title on Smackdown when Cena won it. What the fuck does it matter if it's officially recognized as being a Triple Crown winner? He's won 2 different World Championships, a mid card title, and the Tag Team Championships. He's accomplished the same damn thing that you're trying to claim Jericho has over him.

The IC Title is the only championship Cena could have won that he didn't. But NEWSFLASH! By the time Cena came to Raw, he was above the IC Title. After all of the time Jericho has spent in the E, he still isn't above winning the mid card titles.

You know, we've already seen the video proof of a rookie Cena beating Jericho in his prime. Why are we still discussing this? Jericho can't beat Cena.

That's a pretty shit way to look at it.

Take it up with the powers that be. I never said this was the be all end all, I just stated a fact. The reaction of the marks proves their obvious bias. Debating the relevance of the issue is one thing. Pretending it isn't true is another thing.

IMO it is pretty shit to say someone obviously wins because they beat a 38+ year old a lot.

He's won 2 different World Championships, a mid card title, and the Tag Team Championships. He's accomplished the same damn thing that you're trying to claim Jericho has over him.

It isn't the same damn thing because it wasn't in the same era. Cena rose to prominence in the era of who else do we have? Jericho was a grand slam champion in an era with Stone Cold and the Rock. The mid card title on smackdown is not directly comparable to what it meant back then just like being the first undisputed champion isn't the same as carrying the WHC on smackdown. Cena was better in the most recent eras. Too many pretend that is enough or all that matters. Quite simply, that is ridiculous.

Take it up with the powers that be. I never said this was the be all end all, I just stated a fact. The reaction of the marks proves their obvious bias. Debating the relevance of the issue is one thing. Pretending it isn't true is another thing.

IMO it is pretty shit to say someone obviously wins because they beat a 38+ year old a lot.

So when somebody beats guys like Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, HHH, Edge, and HBK, we should just throw them out because they're old guys.

Jericho lost to Cena in his early 30's, mid-30's and late-30's. If you want to be Ponce de Leon and find the Fountain of Youth, then by all means do. I'm sure Jericho would love to go back to his 20's where he would lose to Cena too.

It isn't the same damn thing because it wasn't in the same era. Cena rose to prominence in the era of who else do we have? Jericho was a grand slam champion in an era with Stone Cold and the Rock. The mid card title on smackdown is not directly comparable to what it meant back then just like being the first undisputed champion isn't the same as carrying the WHC on smackdown. Cena was better in the most recent eras. Too many pretend that is enough or all that matters. Quite simply, that is ridiculous.

Everybody was an Intercontinental or European champion in Jericho's era. Even Albert had the Intercontinental title at one point. Those titles were passed around like candy so the midcard titles were even more shit then they are now. It's not like Jericho was an old man in Cena's era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back