How Voting Works In The Championship Region

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Things are a bit different now as the final three rounds will be held on one night in a King of the Ring style tournament. Therefore, each person is going to be weakened after each match. The level of damage will be determined by how the score of each match goes. The closer a match goes, the more it takes out of the winner.

For example, if a wrestler wins his fifth round match 75-74, it was a grueling war of attrition with both guys taking a huge beating and someone surviving rather than winning. On the other hand, if a match is won 75-20, it was basically a squash with very little damage inflicted.

Also, the length of the match will be determined by the number of votes. If a match has a final score of 5-0, it was a quick match that only runs a few minutes. If the final score is 68-63, it was a long match which ran for well over twenty minutes.

so a match won 100-50 would be a 20 minute long squash?
I was bored, so I found a formula that may or may not give a good approximation:

t = time in minutes
a = votes wrestler A
b = votes wrestler B

t = 4*(a+b)/|16+a-b|

For last years' finals this would mean:

6th: The Rock VS John Cena - 90:69; 17m11s
5th: Steve Austin VS Sting - 81:79; 35m33s
4th: Steve Austin VS The Undertaker - 66:28; 6m57s
3rd: Bret Hart VS Edge - 90:81; 27m21s
2nd: The Undertaker VS Randy Savage - 53:31; 8m50s

Your example would be 9m5s. A match with a 1:0 result would last 16 seconds, 5:0 57 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back