Inside the Actors Studio & James Lipton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferbian

Has Returned.
So I have just spend the last one and a half hour watching James Lipton interviewing Al Pacino on the show "Inside the Actors Studio". A show that has presented us with great reviews for over 15 years now. We have seen the majority of the "who's who" of the movie and television business.

James Lipton is the host. One of from my perspective the most knowledgeable people in terms of interviewing in the movie business. He has taken what I would assume by default a person would just look at and go "So? You interview someone? Big deal". At least that would be the assumption that I would have from a casual fans stand point about some of the people that are interviewed.

The show has been sent into approximately 89 million peoples homes in over 125 different countries ever since it's debut (It might have lowered a little bit over the years. This is Wikipedia information mind you)

For the sake of giving a bit of an insight in what James Lipton goes into talking about.

Wikipedia said:
1. What is your favorite word?
2. What is your least favorite word?
3. What turns you on?
4. What turns you off?
5. What sound or noise do you love?
6. What sound or noise do you hate?
7. What is your favorite curse word?
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. What profession would you not like to do?
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

These are however not the only questions that are asked. You get a rather detailed insight into the careers of the guests of the show.

I feel that this show is a great way to get a bit of insight into a movie / television celebrity. As well as to learn a bit about the careers of people. It generates a whole new sight on some of the actors. To say the least I've gotten another view of Al Pacino. I've always loved Al but that's mostly due to the fact that I've seen him through cold and angry roles. This simply gives a whole different look at Pacino.

And in that way there's been many other great interviews. One I treasure rather highly would be the interview with the act behind The Simpsons. And the entertaining fact to see some of the people putting voices into these cartoons.

I'll give you a little taste of the show. Just for the sake of not making this pure text and boredom.

[YOUTUBE]Ar4v_pteCrI[/YOUTUBE]

Al Pacino talking about the Oscar he won. It shows some of the entertaining stuff that can be talked about. As well as some of the storied insights that can be given in the life of someone.

What I want from this thread is - Of course to the limit of which you can as well as want to share with us some of your favorite moments from this show (It depends on whether you have watched it. A few clips and such is available on Youtube).

As well as to tell - What do you think about this show? Is it a great way to get a better insight in the actors / actresses life?

And ultimately - What is your opinion on James Lipton and the fact that he's doing all these interviews? Is it interesting? or boring? Or something completely 3rd?

What do you think about this show? Is it a great way to get a better insight in the actors / actresses life?

I love the show. Watch it every single time someone I'm interested in is on it.

This show just gives you little bits of information that you would never get anywhere else, not even on the internet. You really get to know the person who's getting interviewed, and nothing is off limits.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you usually only get one or two questions from the audience. I know more is filmed than that, but only one or two is ever aired. That really pisses me off. They should seriously add another 30 minutes to the show just for the audience's questions, because I'm positive you get mostly good questions and informative answers.

Also, the show can have some very useless guest sometimes, but I guess that's understandable.

What is your opinion on James Lipton and the fact that he's doing all these interviews? Is it interesting? or boring? Or something completely 3rd?

I like Lipton. He's not perfect, but the show could have gotten someone a whole lot worse.

I just like how nothing gets him off his game. No matter what is said, he takes everything as it is, whether it's a joke or something serious, he's going to make sure he gets a clear cut answer and go with it. He also knows how to transitions to questions perfectly, and he can be pretty funny when he wants to be as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back