Jeff Hardy Arrested

Ambiguous Turd

Mid-Card Championship Winner
From the Main Page:

Jeff Hardy has been arrested for possession of anabolic steroids and a number of pills, reports ThePilot.com, a local newspaper from Moore County where Jeff Hardy is located.

The following is from the article:

"Hardy, 32, of 265 Boys Camp Road, Cameron, was arrested after a search of his residence yielded 262 Vicodin prescription pills, 180 Soma prescription pills, 555 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and items of drug paraphernalia..."

He's currently in Moore County jail with bail set at $125,000. Hardy was charged with felony trafficking in opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to sell or deliver a Schedule III controlled substance, felony maintaining a dwelling to keep controlled substance, felony possession of cocaine and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.

Looks like CM Punk was right about Hardy, after all.

I have to wonder how he avoided Wellness Program violations. In addition to that, I think the timing of all this happening right after he decides to leave WWE to be quite interesting.

Let me play the role of Todd Grisham, Josh Matthews, or Hell .... every other interviewer in WWE who asks the generic line "What are your thoughts?"

It makes you wonder just how sneaky Vince and company are with their Wellness program, that how it may infact we used only against those that try to do the WWE wrong (Rey Mysterio?). This could mean a lot of trouble for Vince and the WWE right now. I wouldn't doubt if congress sniffs right into this one. Ouch.

Gahaha I bloody knew it! Everybody was saying that now he's away from the WWE he won't feel the need to get involved again. Clearly they forgot that now he's away from the WWE he's a former drug addict with time on his hands and no wellness policy to keep him in check.

I find it interesting. I really thought that he had this behind him, but I guess not... I highly doubt that WWE would take him back now. Which is sad to say the least. I was hoping Hardy would come back.

What I think would be interesting is if Punk uses it...

Don't know what to say. Sad to be sure. Jeff needs help, like many others in the profession. I hope we aren't seeing the birth of another Scott Hall. If it isn't nipped in the bud, this is where it will end up, sadly. And for those laughing and going "I told you so", you should be ashamed because it really isn't funny at all.

When he was around the first time I liked him, just because of all the flips and stuff. When he came back I respected him for fighting his problems and coming out on top. Now I feel betrayed, who knows how long this has been going on for?

I think we all know why he left when he did...

This situation seems rather weird don't you say?, Hardy has always been on a slippery slop in regards to his use of drugs but i was one of many who fooled himself into thinking that his drug use was in the past, well i was wrong about that it seems.

Where he goes from this situation is anyones guess, depending on how long Jeff has been attemtping to avoid the wellness policy is either his or the WWE's responsibility so it may leave a permanent bad stigma on the WWE and their wellness policy so they will do whatever they can to distance themselves from this situation, it may also look good on Punk due to the fact that he will be pushed more then ever into being in the companies main focus, and Hardy being rehired and pushed again may never happen unless he does some major PR work.

lets hope he gets the treatment he needs instead of being left to suffer.

You actually beat me to it, lol!! It is really sad to see someone as talented as Jeff just throw away his life like he is. Personally, I knew that he "had" to leave WWE because he needed to use and get back to what he was doing. However, to get caught with that amount of illegal substances and for cops to have searched his home lead me to believe that they had a reason to go in their and check it out. The painkillers and cocaine wasnt a big surprise to me, but the Steroids were a shocker to me. Jeff didnt look big or defined enough to be using steroids but I guess that is just a stereotype about steroid users.

All in all, he is probably done in the wrestling business. I highly doubt Vince or Dixie would want to chance re-hiring Jeff only to have him get busted again. I hope this is a BIG WAKE UP call to Jeff to get his **** together and get his life back on track.

He is done for wrestling wise and I hope his fans can accept that and move on.

This makes it look like he left WWE so he could go back to using drugs again and not have to worry about passing a test. I'd hate for that to be the case though. It makes you wonder if Vince would even think about bringing him back whenever he's ready to come back.

This made me sick to my stomach when I read it. I know a lot of people around here will just crack jokes and make fun of him, but I truly admire his creativity and talent. He needs help, but will probably never get it. I just hope this doesn't end up being another tragic drug-related wrestling story.

When he was around the first time I liked him, just because of all the flips and stuff. When he came back I respected him for fighting his problems and coming out on top. Now I feel betrayed, who knows how long this has been going on for?

I think we all know why he left when he did...

Are you kidding me? Betrayed? Have you ever known a habitual drug user? You act like Jeff is the scum of the earth, when in reality he just has a problem, as Randy Marsh would say "it's a disease.." I mean it really is. It's so hard to kick stuff like that in a normal life. I could see how much harder it would be for a wrestler, especially someone who takes bumps like Jeff has. It's shitty that some of you guys would just shit on Jeff like that. For christ's sake he's probably addicted because we all loved to watch his spots.. The pain he, and all wrestlers for that matter, has to go through everyday. It's amazing to me how much we can "love" a superstar for their actions in the ring, but then when it comes down to what they do outside of it.. Forget it. Jeff put his body on the line night and out.. for us.. As soon as he leaves, he gets busted with drugs.. And what does he get for it? Well, shat on. It's bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs. I hope this doesn't turn into a Scott Hall or worse, a Jake Roberts thing.

Reactions: X
The first thing i thought was this: DANG WWE dodged a bullet here. Let's say for argument's sake that WWE didn't know about this and it's a legit coincidence. This could have been a major disaster for the company. Luckily they got the title off of him and got a solid feud in for him to go out on. Now that he's not an employee, this doesn't have to be addressed. I do however find it very ironic that all this comes out what, two and a half weeks after he left? To me, it sounds like something is going on here. However, what this also tells me is that we won't be seeing Hardy for a LONG LONG time in a WWE ring. He's a big star, but he's also a big liability. Since the Benoit issue, the WWE is still under a lot of scrutiny and any slip up and they're gone. By letting Jeff go, they can say that it didn't happen while he was under contract to them, so they're still safe. This is unexpected, but not incredibly shocking to me.

how did people not see this comin, cmon, like i said before tna would still sign him, they havent gotten rid of kurt angle whos still their world champion despite being busted for dui and pill possesion, jeff needs help yes, but he can only help himself, whats sad is his brother still gets put on the midcard, despite the one being half problematic

Why is everyone like, "How did he escape the wellness program?" The article didn't say he was using! Maybe that's how.

Anyway, I am not suprised one bit. I kinda felt like something like this was going to happen. Especially with how he just up and left the WWE. I felt like there was more to the story. I really do wish he could put all of this behind but the sad fact is, we probably have seen the last of Jeff Hardy in the WWE. How would he fit into the PG thing now. It really is sad, though. Despite him not being the best in ring performer and him being absolutely horrible on the mic, he was still popular. I guess the so called, but not true, "Charismatic Enigma," is no more.

I'm surprised and not surprised by this. I figured that he would have drugs at his home but I didn't know it would be that many. This could ruin any chance Jeff had at coming back to the WWE but that should be the furthest thing from his mind. The most important thing is him going to rehab and trying to get on the right track because at the rate he's going, I don't see him living past 35.

Anyone who's shocked by this must not know very much about Jeff Hardy. I knew from day one that one of the reasons he wanted to leave was so that he could take time off to party.

So am I the only one that read the second half of that blurb Sidious just posted? The part where it says he's been arrested for trafficking drugs, and not just possessing them? This is a big blow for Hardy and his chances of returning to the WWE. It's one thing to use drugs, but to be selling them, that's not good. Unless of course it was just another trumped on charge by the cops, that actually happens quite a bit. Once you have a certain amount on you, they'll charge you with "intent to sell" whether you really had any intent or not.

Sucks for Hardy, that's for sure.

Why is everyone like, "How did he escape the wellness program?" The article didn't say he was using! Maybe that's how.

He had drug paraphernalia and is a known drug user. You're crazy if you think Hardy isn't using drugs, especially after this.

I honestly can't say I'm surprised. Everyone should've known he was gonna get bored and eventually gonna turn to drugs again. His music and TV projects were never gonna be very successful, so we should've seen this coming. I'm not a Jeff Hardy fan, but I, like many others, had hoped he was done with all that crap. But I guess people don't change if they're not forced to change.

Like it's already been said, he's gonna find it hard to get a job in wrestling. I don't think WWE would touch him with a 20 foot pole after this. And TNA probably wouldn't hire him either. Unless he goes to rehab, his life could end up in a huge mess. This could be Scott Hall or Jake Roberts all over again.

I'm just saying Xfearbefore, we should get all of the facts before we start saying, "WWE's wellness policy is fucked up." We are always so quick to judge shit on here, aren't we? Like I said, I am not at all suprised by this and he probably was using, but we don't know that and we don't have the right to sit here and say, "WWE must target just such and such or so and so."

You all are the ones that are fucked up for trying some how and trying to find some way to pin this on the WWE. Let's get all the facts before we start pointing a finger at anyone besides Jeff Fucking Hardy!

I don't think we're pointing the finger of blame at WWE. Jeff Hardy isn't employed by them at this point so they did dodge a major bullet. Just imagaine if it would have happened while Hardy was still under contract. I know the media will try to blame Vince somehow when it is basically all Hardy's fault. I'm just wondering how Matt feels about all this.

I'm just saying Xfearbefore, we should get all of the facts before we start saying, "WWE's wellness policy is fucked up." We are always so quick to judge shit on here, aren't we? Like I said, I am not at all suprised by this and he probably was using, but we don't know that and we don't have the right to sit here and say, "WWE must target just such and such or so and so."

Trust me, drug tests are really easy to cheat. Depending on how stringent the testing is (and I'm guessing the WWE's testing is the most stringent you can get), a wrestler could pass a test by doing anything from drinking a lot of water before taking the test to dropping a tiny drop of bleach into their urine specimen. Trust me when I tell you that drug tests are quite easy to cheat, even with someone supervising you urinating.

I agree with kb that if WWE didn't know then they dodged a bullet. That's what I thought when I first read that. If this happened while he was still employed by WWE then there would be a huge problem for the E. Instead Hardy has a huge problem. He's had this problem for a while and now he deep in shit. That's a lot drugs to have in your possesion. His wrestling career is over at least should be. He has shown that he can't get over this "disease" that he has so he needs to take care of this and there is no idea how long it will take for him to truly overcome this, if he can ever. So I was not surprised but definatly disappointed.

Not really surpring really, and that's sad. Hardy obviously has a drug problem, so it was only a matter of time before he got into some type of trouble with the law. As for the whole Wellness Policy argument, I'm not sure where I really stand on that.

Sure, it does seem a little sketchy that this happened so soon after he left the company, but if the WWE ignores tests, than why did they suspend Hardy right around WM a few years ago? Why did they suspend the current IC Champion and fan favorite Rey Mysterio? (Him going on vacation is not an acceptable answer.)

I think this is more of a case of Jeff being very careful and staying off of everything while he was still emplolyed in the WWE, but once he was gone he just went bananas. At least he didn't get his 3rd strike which would mean he'll never return. At least now, there is a remote chance we'll see him in the WWE again.

Trust me, drug tests are really easy to cheat. Depending on how stringent the testing is (and I'm guessing the WWE's testing is the most stringent you can get), a wrestler could pass a test by doing anything from drinking a lot of water before taking the test to dropping a tiny drop of bleach into their urine specimen. Trust me when I tell you that drug tests are quite easy to cheat, even with someone supervising you urinating.

I know that drug tests can be cheated, but the first few posts that I read on this thread were all like, "How did he pass the wellness policy tests, WWE's tests must just be targeted towards certain people, and blah blah blah fucking blah!" I mean that is ridiculous. This is strickly on Jeff Fucking Hardy, not the WWE. We sit on here and talk about how the media attacks the WWE, when we, the fans, do it more than the media ever thought about doing it.

Who's to say that he didn't just up and buy all this shit after he left the WWE? Who's to say that that's not the reason why he left, so he could start using again? As far as I am concerned, until it is proven otherwise, the WWE has nothing, and Undertaker's#1fan means nothing, to do with this.

Admittedly, I'm bummed as fuck by this. Jeff was always my favorite wrestler. I had seriously hoped he had got this shit out of his system, but I was naive to think it would really happen. Like others said, it would take a hell of a lot on Jeff's part to even come back to the WWE, and probably a bit of leniency from Vince. Jeff always has to live in the moment, and sadly, one of those moments may end up being his last if he keeps going back to drug use like he is.

Well, I agree that we won't be seeing Hardy in a WWE ring for a very long time. Since he had an illegal drug trafficking business going on ... probably never again.

But I am still bothered by the timing of all this to occur just two weeks after he left WWE.

However, to play Devil's Advocate, let's say that someone from WWE hypothetically tipped off the FBI to Hardy's Drug Trafficking business. It certainly didn't help in the end that he was caught with Steroids, as that certainly would put the company in an awkward situation.

Very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back