[Official] McMahon and the WWE get screwed over by incomptent basketball owner.

First up, your second paragraph made absolutely NO sense because of the first line. I'm guessing you mean they "wouldn't" have acted the way Vince did.

Despite all that, how do you know?

How do you know ALL business men out there would just find a compromise when clearly another businessman screwed them out of a chance to earn thousands at one night?

There is NOTHING wrong with Vince getting publicity. It's true, it is his ego, however he did absolutely NOTHING wrong when he pulled SD! and ECW out of the pepsi center.

If you still don't agree, take a personal stance.

Vince was SCREWED by this guy. Why the fuck would he still have 2 other events that also draw huge amounts of money in the same house where the host literally bitch-slapped him?

And your point in how the Denver fans are being punished by the wrong doings of one man is completely illogical, if not absurd and stupid.

They're getting their refunds or they can get in a house show. It's not like the WWE is drawing away from the arena, telling the fans that they aren't getting the show and their money back.

And onto your point about moving the shows is bad business. It actually isn't. Vince is getting MORE publicity by the moment. He stirred up this whole drama so the WWE can gain more publicity if not more viewers and fans. He even got as far as placing Shane and John Cena, the franchise of the current WWE, to support the Lakers.

If we go by your rule, and have Vinnie stay quiet, the media will completely forget this event as well as WWE's chance to go mainstream in less than a day. And soon enough, they'll keep getting the same amount of TV ratings they have been getting for the past few years.

Really, this is quite a smart and shady move by Vince.

Let'S just agree to disagree here, the fact of the matter is this Vince got screwed, that i've gotten give you and everybody else that point because that'S true. Vince went on t.v to address this situation and again good for him, he got publicity out of it. But my problem with this situation is that Vince continue to push the issue over and over again and the more he makes fun of it the more he look like a crybaby and the less chance he got of getting non wrestling fans to watch on monday. That'S the problem, if he would have done one interview and actually answers the coach'S questions instead of cutting a wrestling promo then maybe i wouldn'T have a problem with it. But the fact that's instead of beeing serious he goes out there and cuts wrestlng promos and makes fun of Kroenke doesn'T help the WWE at all, it help Kroenke because he's getting free publicity for the playoff games and in the eyes of the average american, he the grown up who try to fix is mistake while the crybaby is crying foul, making fun of the situation and packing is bag to not have to do the grown up thing.

Vince's tyrade is just hurting the WWE right now and i'm sure the ratings will prove it this monday night when peoples change channel during the segments that'S making fun of Kroenke.

I'm just saying that if it were any other form of entertainment, like if Coldplay would have reserve the PEpsi Center and had to move because of a playoff games, the promoter behind the band wouldn'T have go public and made a mokery of the situation because it'S bad for the public image of the band, they would have met with Kroenke and found a way to reschedule the concert and that would have been it, if they did found a way to reschedule then they would have refund the peoples money and that would have been it but the way Vince'S handle this situation was very short sided and not only will it hurt The WWE public image in the short term, it might hurt them long term. That'S why am calling Vince Stubborn, because he never learn from his mistakes.

Well, what is essentially I see happening here is the concept of Tony Schiavone publicizing Mick Foley's bout with Triple H all over again. Vince McMahon, this time, is playing the part of Schiavone. Now, although the conclusion of the Nuggets/Lakers match quite obviously isn't known ... Vince will inadvertently be giving free advertising to the Lakers and will more than likely be sending people over to watch the Lakers/Nuggets game as opposed to the Lakers/Nuggets fans tuning in to see WWE.

My wager is that even some loyal wrestling fans will be tuning into the game, thanks to Vince's efforts ... since he will peak their curiosity.

It was a stupid move, in retrospect, for Vince to go to Los Angeles for Raw. I can tell you from living in California, that the people there absolutely love their Lakers, and more than likely, attendance is going to be pretty low for Staples Center, since I am willing to wager a majority of people would simply rather stay home and watch their Lakers.

So with the attendance factor, combined with Vince actually promoting the NBA game as opposed to his own show, I actually forsee this really backfiring on Vince. The more he opens his mouth, the more he is just sending fans over to watch the NBA game instead.

Well, what is essentially see happening here is the concept of Tony Schiavone publicizing Mick Foley's bout with Triple H all over again. Vince McMahon, this time, is playing the part of Schiavone. Now, although the conclusion of the Nuggets/Lakers match quite obviously isn't known ... Vince will inadvertently be giving free advertising to the Lakers and will more than likely be sending people over to watch the Lakers/Nuggets game as opposed to the Lakers/Nuggets fans tuning in to see WWE.

My wager is that even some loyal wrestling fans will be tuning into the game, thanks to Vince's efforts ... since he will peak their curiosity.
LOL what!

You really think that people didn't know about the basketball game, and would be interested in it? That's silly. If you have ANY interest in watching basketball, then you knew the game was on, regardless of what McMahon did.

I've never seen anyone so damned determined to criticize Vince McMahon for no reason.

It was a stupid move, in retrospect, for Vince to go to Los Angeles for Raw.
Yes, how awful to take advantage of free promotion. :rolleyes:

I can tell you from living in California, that the people there absolutely love their Lakers, and more than likely, attendance is going to be pretty low for Staples Center, since I am willing to wager a majority of people would simply rather stay home and watch their Lakers.

So with the attendance factor, combined with Vince actually promoting the NBA game as opposed to his own show, I actually forsee this really backfiring on Vince. The more he opens his mouth, the more he is just sending fans over to watch the NBA game instead.
I'm willing to bet that ANY attendance at Raw will just be profit in Vince's pockets. I imagine, like you have said before, that Kroenke is settling quite handsomely with Vince.

And Raw will sell as well as ANY wrestling show could with only about 5 days of ticket sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back