Report: WWE Planning A Second MITB Ladder Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the site F4WOnline.com, WWE has plans to include a second Money in the Bank ladder match at the upcoming ppv. The report alleges that the original plan was to announce it last night but, obviously, that didn't happen. This MITB match will be made up, according to the report, of "up and comers" for a future WWE WHC shot while the top stars on the roster will compete for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the other ladder match that's already been announced.

If this is goes down this way, I'll be happy. As I said in another thread, the WWE WHC MITB match really isn't an MITB match, technically speaking. Rather, it just happens to be a multiple man ladder match for a championship rather than a guaranteed shot at a title anywhere at anytime. It'd just feel weird having an MITB ppv without an actual MITB ladder match.

Considering the second ladder match is for "up and comers", I'm a little surprised to see Cesaro in the title bout itself. Compared to Cena, Orton Sheamus and Del Rio, Cesaro's not exactly a huge name at this point as all of them are multiple time World Champions. I wonder if they'll do something that causes Cesaro to be...well transferred into the second match rather than the title match somehow.

I think they should go for it. There is usually two ladder matches and actually having a MITB ladder match at the MITB PPV makes a shitload lot of sense.

They definitely have the talent for it to. Let's say ladder match one is: Orton, Cesaro, ADR, Sheamus, Cena, Bray and Kane. The other could be Rollins, Ambrose, Reigns, Ziggler, Big E, Fandango, Titus and Swagger. A group of younger guys where the briefcase would "make" their career. Plus there is still room for the IC, Tag and Divas title and whatever crap Rusev and Bo are up to.

Having two ladder matches is a viable and exiting option. It is the norm and will help sell the PPV. Plus, it gets guys onto the card without needing to do anything major in a short space of time.

I have a feeling Cesaro is going to win the title, considering who is in the match so far. There are still more people to enter, though, so that could change. But I cannot see Cesaro somehow being ejected from the match. I would say, now that Bryan is stripped and taking extra time, they'll have Cesaro win it and hold it until SummerSlam to have a match with Lesnar. Sometime soon after Cesaro wins (the next night?), he'll ditch Heyman, angering him & causing him to bring Lesnar back to get revenge.

As for the second match, I think it has to happen. 100% has to. The PPV is called "Money in the Bank", they can't just not have a "Money in the Bank" match on a PPV with said name, and the title match is not that. I have next to no idea who would enter it, let alone who would win, but I think it does have to happen. They have a year to cash it in, so I'd say an "up and comer" would be able to get relatively over in that amount of time, especially if they put on a good display in the MitB match. Maybe even make a rule for the contenders be that they either have to be called up from NXT, or that they have only been called up/debuted within the last year. But that could be a bit of a stretch.

I didn't understand the initial hysteria because I thought that they were merely adding a MitB style ladder match for the WWEWHC. I didn't realize that the talk was to replace the briefcase with the belts.

Knowing that, I'm praying that this is how they do it, two separate ladder matches.

So the second MITB match will be to cash in on the WWEWHC? I think it's dumb considering the fact that we already know it will be a failed cash-in. The cash-in opportunity should be either for the US title or the IC title. Anyway, if Cena is inserted into the WWEWHC MITB and wins it, I'm canceling my WWE Network subscription for sure.

I think it's pretty smart, because you can have an established veteran win the belt in the main event to end the night, and have the winner of the briefcase run out on them right then on that night and win the belt. We could be looking at a younger talent like Seth Rollins win the briefcase and then even win the belt that night. Sounds like there's enough mystery now to keep this PPV from getting boring.

i was just thinking that if two belts are hung, then we have a chance of ending with two champions.

I don't mind this idea at all. I think the stipulation should be that it's people who haven't held the WWE/WHC title in WWE. It would make things more interesting as there would be the prospect of a first time champion. They would need to stay clear of the likes of Kofi and R Truth as in my opinion they are a waste of space. I'd have Reigns, Harper, Barrett, Rhodes, Rusev and Zayn in the match.

Just imagine the impact a guy from NXT would have debuting and winning MITB in their first night on the main roster, personally I think it would be brilliant.

Adam Rose, Rusev, Bo Dallas, Justin Gabriel, Titus O'Neil, Tyson Kidd, Xavier Woods, Mojo Rawley, Sami Zayn, Tyler Breeze

Winner gets an Intercontinental Championship match at Summerslam..

Rusev is the obvious winner, they could let him continue steamrolling opposition until Summerslam setting up a Barrett vs. Rusev. Or the swerve would be a Bo Dallas or Adam Rose winning by setting up a feud for Rusev.

However it pans out it's a great opportunity to expose the fans to the NXT generation and see if anyone shines at a major PPV. I could easily see an NXT star like Mojo Rawley or Sami Zayn doing something to launch their status with the fans. They can all entertain, build it as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.

Makes total sense. In the past there have been two MITB matches before they unified the titles. Being Mr MITB is a great accolade, not to say being WWE World Champion isn't, but the briefcase is a feather in the cap of anyone who holds it.

Interesting Booking Idea: Have the Briefcase match earlier and then have the winner cash in that night on whoever takes the titles after the exhausting match, shake things up a bit.

Makes sense but there isn't going to be a lot left to fill out the rest of the card. I don't think the names that get in this match will be quite as unknown as some of the names being suggested here, the winner will get a WWE title match within a year so I expect they will be regular roster names.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barrett and Ziggler given second shots and added to this ladder match, and maybe WWE just go all in and throw Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns into this one as well.

According to the site F4WOnline.com, WWE has plans to include a second Money in the Bank ladder match at the upcoming ppv. The report alleges that the original plan was to announce it last night but, obviously, that didn't happen. This MITB match will be made up, according to the report, of "up and comers" for a future WWE WHC shot while the top stars on the roster will compete for the vacant WWE World Heavyweight Championship in the other ladder match that's already been announced.

Now, this is good news. You can't have Money In the Bank without a Money In the Bank match over a future title shot. If this is indeed the format they are going to use in the future now that they have one world title, it should work. The established guys compete in a multi man Ladder match over the World Heavyweight Championship itself while the guys who can actually benefit from the briefcase and huge push that it brings, compete in a true Money In the Bank match. I wanted to see the midcard titles get a briefcase, or the tag team titles, but it's not the end of the world. We have likely seen the last of the red and blue briefcases. I really hope that this actual Money In the Bank ladder match gets added to the card. It desperately needs one of its namesake matches on its card (as in a match for a title shot you can use anytime NOT the title itself), because without it you defeat the whole purpose of the Money In the Bank event.

their is no mitb match. Actually they put the belt instead of briefcase. Bcoz the title is vacant. So the winner directly cashin the title.

It wouldn't surprise me if the runners up from the qualifying matches that have already happened (Ziggler, RVD, Barrett, Ambrose) go into it along with the runners up in remaining qualifying matches - if in theory they're having seven in one match and six in the other (like last year - albeit that Kane pulled out of the main match last year) then I would say:

World Title Match: ADR vs. Sheamus vs. Orton vs. Cesaro vs. Cena vs. Wyatt vs. Kane

MITB Match: Barrett vs. Ambrose vs. RVD vs. Ziggler vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Jack Swagger

Kofi is always good for a spot or two and Swagger is a former MitB winner who's established enough to raise at least some level of interest.

I wouldn't put all of the Shield in because it would completely take over the focus of the match. I'd have Seth Rollins take Ambrose out of the MITB match early in the night and then face Roman Reigns 1 on 1 later in the night - it might be a bit early to pull the trigger on that one but I can see a tag match at Battleground, either Ambrose/Reigns vs. Rollins/Orton or Ambrose/Reigns/partner vs. HHH/Rollins/Orton and then Ambrose vs. Rollins and HHH vs. Reigns at Summerslam so it wouldn't take away from either of those matches.

As for other potential competitors Cody & Goldy are clearly heading for their own thing so I'd expect them to be involved in some sort of tag match, Sandow is massively out of favour and I reckon we'll see Big E either facing Rusev or in the corner of Mark Henry should he face him. Maybe you put Bo or Rose in to help boost their respective debuts a little.

I dont see how thats interesting ... its already been done ... The thing with the case is that we already know whoever wins gets an titleshot when/whereever they want it ... and now with the title being unified wwewhc its pointless because as seperated they had a choice of who they were going after ...

the 2nd title should be for either the us or ic championship case ... Dean had the title for almost a year before getting it taken on Raw .. Make Barrett & Sheamus put their titles on the line .. Owait lets not for the NXT people ... Give all them shots as well .. Starting point for all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back